• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• The Black Prince

• Watt-Zeefuik

• wattie exploited

Relentless with his effort and application. Really coming together for him now, just wish he’d shoot on sight more! 

Rocky jamboa

Thought he was brilliant today. All over the place. Really like him.

The Goalscoring Knee

But but but he's still one of the slowest players in the league... 😉

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've said from early doors he'll be a good player for us and I can't see me being wrong. I think you're trying to play the contrairian a bit, bringing up his stats for the Hibs game which is a completely different kettle of fish and the whole team were guff. It's hard to keep your pass completion up when you're team aren't looking for the ball. 

Hopefully you'll be able to praise his performance today as he was outstanding.

Today he was fine, got stuck in, chased down but more importantly went forwards with the ball, got himself in behind defenders as well. No problems with his (or anyone’s) performance today.
Today was a day imo when his performance could be described as great/excellent/outstanding.
God knows how those who described him as that v Rangers/Hibs will describe his performance today 😁

Rampant

Turned 23 just a couple of weeks ago...

Outstanding today, on a day when everyone performed.

No Idle Talk

Another strong performance from him. He's a pivotal player in the team right now. Hopefully his hamstring isn't too bad, it would be quite a big blow if he was to be sidelined for any length of time.

Edited by No Idle Talk

campbell

Can I just say it again this lad is 22 year old & is now running our midfield, got so much progression in his game as well, honestly build the midfield around him  

He was outstanding today. If this guy keeps on performing like this, he will be the find of the season. Well done The Hoff.

Luckies1874
6 minutes ago, campbell said:

Can I just say it again this lad is 22 year old & is now running our midfield, got so much progression in his game as well, honestly build the midfield around him  

:clap:

He has been getting better each and every game. Was the best midfielder on the park today and is visibly growing in confidence and stature. Taking responsibility and dictating periods of the game. Great news we have him on a 4 year deal and I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear in the summer we are looking at getting him tied up in a similar manner to Rowles. If we can add quality in the midfield in the next window and one or two of the local youngsters continue their positive arch then we can build an exciting middle of the park. 

loveofthegame

Is it a 4 year deal? Starting to look a seriously good player. 

SM Sheffield

Best midfielder on the pitch again today and I hope taking him off was just precautionary. Great engine he is really coming on to a game. Calem has been brilliant the last two months.

SM Sheffield
1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

Is it a 4 year deal? Starting to look a seriously good player. 

Yes 4 year deal and looking a very good bit of business. 

King prawn

Fair play to him - knuckled down and is really showing why we made an effort to bring him to Hearts 

Enjoy him whilst he’s here. Be more interest in him than shankland come the summer 

heartsfc_fan

Another great game. One of the first picks on the team sheet now.

Thunder and Lightning

Imagine that. Our recruitment team and management actually know what they are doing. 

Regardless of what the armchair experts on here say. 😂 

jamboozy
35 minutes ago, campbell said:

Good post, he’s bossing it.👍

BackOfTheNet

Not all players who start shaky will turn out as good as Nieuwenhof has - but can we all please use him as a lesson as to never write off a player so early?

Gordon_1874

An absolutely great centre mid, has everything that you'd look for in that position.

He keeps progressing the way he is and he will not be here long 🤑💰

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not all players who start shaky will turn out as good as Nieuwenhof has - but can we all please use him as a lesson as to never write off a player so early?

He's probably still only 1 bad performance from being shite, wage thief etc to some on here 😂

Boghell51

Starting to get consistency from him last few weeks, my MOTM today

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He's probably still only 1 bad performance from being shite, wage thief etc to some on here 😂

Very true

So many said he was useless before we went on the run but apart from Shankland and Kent (I know he wasn't playing today) he has to be next on team sheet - he'll be in Socceroos next squad aswell you'd think which will only help his confidence 

Edited by rory78

Popped up in acres of space several times. Celtic had no-one tracking him. He'll be marked to death in games going forward I think.

Gorgieshed

Got this kids wrong. I was far too quick to write him off. Another excellent performance. 👌 

Central Belt 1874

Another excellent performance from him. Works hard and gives everything. Great to watch. 

Whe he first started I thought he was awful. Slow, awkward, no real skill, loses the ball in possession, dreadful.

He’s turned it around incredibly well. One of the first names on the team sheet. Would like to see him add a bit more muscle on his frame but he’s been brilliant of late.

Glad to be proven wrong.

Knew from the day he signed he'd be a quality player. Just needed to settle. Maybe a wee lesson for some on here to give folk a chance 

Cruickie's Moustache

Said a wee while back I thought he was a bit of a lightweight and needing to show us there was a player in there.

Certainly has come on these past few weeks and showing us what he is really made of.

Well done young sir.

I was worried about how he'd adapt physically, but he's grown steadily into someone I want to see starting every game. Loved his performance today.

Jamboelite

MoM today and best player on Wed.

Boy works his arse off and can play. 

Benny Klack

Quality again from Hoff - second name on the team sheet each week (after Shanks).

Well done to Savage for getting him, Naismith for coaching him and CN himself for being top notch since Christmas.

Will make us some big money if he carries on with this level of performance each week.

Class.

Benny Klack
1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

MoM today and best player on Wed.

Boy works his arse off and can play. 

💯

gordiegords

Covered every blade of grass, well done the hoff, again.

Fozzyonthefence

Great game again today.  First name on the teamsheet in midfield. 

On 29/02/2024 at 01:36, wattie exploited said:

CALEM NIEUWENHOF    

what a player Calem Nieuwen hof is becoming  every game he is getting better and better reminds me a bit of Colin Cameron ,the amount of running and covering he does is tremendous ,the ground he made up when  ATKINSON lost the ball and the hibs player was going to have a free run in on goal was outstanding ! never panics either on the ball :rifle:

Aye totally agree, type of player willing to run the full length of the pitch to get the ball back. Turning into a great signing 

amadjambo

Absolutely amazing performance from Calem today. He really was top class. 

Playing like a young Gary Mackay.  Making the team tick.  Great to see 

longmalx

Great last few games - would definitely get him tied up on a 4 year deal. Him, Tait and Pollock look like they could work as a trio in the years ahead.