CALEM NIEUWENHOF what a player

wattie exploited

FERRY HEARTS

I was a bit sceptical of Hoff at first ! But hands up totally wrong . He’s been making us tick the last month or 2 

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• The Black Prince

• Watt-Zeefuik

• wattie exploited

Lone Striker

He's our best midfielder now. Both creatively and defensively.  Hopefully as his confidence grows, he'll chip in with more assists & a few goals too.   Credit goes to whoever scouted him.

Dr Ian Malcolm
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Possession lost 14 times in a game he touched it 49 times. He lost it cheaply at times.

An aspect of his game he needs to work on, that and positioning when we are not in possession.

That's an issue for Hearts in general tbf. It's frightening how many times a simple ball takes several of our players out of the game.

Oda be a JT

I really like him as a player and he is certainly improving/growing/adapting to Scottish Fitbaw well.

This is not a gripe, he looks so tame/shy/nice lad that he maybe gets overlooked by opposition players!

I think the views on Nieuwenhof are - as is often the case - a bit exaggerated. In his first few games many fans had decided he was hopeless. Now, a lot of fans seem to have decided he's brilliant. I'm still unsure. There's no doubt that he has a lot of energy and a decent range of passing. There has also been a clear improvement since he joined the club. But whether he's a player that can take us to the next level I'm not so sure. Time will tell. 

gordon simpson
16 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

but but surely the jkb experts couldn't have been wrong again could they ? 

aye looks like it , not often they are right but hay ho wrong again 

Hearts1975

Naismith said he is one, if not, the fittest player at the club. 

The amount of ground he covers is incredible. Never gives anything up. 

I thought he was a bit powder puff when he arrived in the sense, that he didn't tackle or play with intensity. Obviously his confidence is growing and it's plain to see. 

He was an absolute standout in the A-league. Looks like he will very much become a key player for us. Great to see. 

Jamboelite
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Naismith said he is one, if not, the fittest player at the club. 

The amount of ground he covers is incredible. Never gives anything up. 

I thought he was a bit powder puff when he arrived in the sense, that he didn't tackle or play with intensity. Obviously his confidence is growing and it's plain to see. 

He was an absolute standout in the A-league. Looks like he will very much become a key player for us. Great to see. 

He lost a ball last night and ran 60yrds to put a challenge in to get it back.

Has more ability than Fraser and Devlin combined 

Ye I’ll put my hand up and admit I was very critical of him the first half of the season! Hes been great and contributed massively to our great run

colinmaroon
12 hours ago, stirlo said:

I think the views on Nieuwenhof are - as is often the case - a bit exaggerated. In his first few games many fans had decided he was hopeless. Now, a lot of fans seem to have decided he's brilliant. I'm still unsure. There's no doubt that he has a lot of energy and a decent range of passing. There has also been a clear improvement since he joined the club. But whether he's a player that can take us to the next level I'm not so sure. Time will tell. 

He was the only player who carried us v Hibs in the first half.  Stood out amongst a load of rubbish.  I think that's enough to say he has it and if the rest had been half at home we would have seen a different performance and result.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
22 hours ago, Gambo said:

Possession lost 14 times in a game he touched it 49 times. He lost it cheaply at times.

An aspect of his game he needs to work on, that and positioning when we are not in possession.

69% pass completion rate in a derby isn't too shabby IMO. Where do you get the 14 possessions lost from?

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

wattie exploited
On 29/02/2024 at 09:02, RustyRightPeg said:

Really like him.

In fairness to Natty, it was him and Devlin who ran Boyle down when he could've been 1 on 1.

Hoff had one in the 2nd half where he tried a switch of play that rebounded into Youan's path and he made a 60/70 yard sprint to make up for his mistake and win the ball back. Incredible energy.

Lots and lots to like about this boy. Long may it continue.

yeah that was in the first half he had a really long run  back in the second half a few times when Natty lost the ball and when he got caught out of position ! :rifle:

Jamb04life

I see Hoff as an all round box to box player. He wins his battles and looks tidy on the ball. He’s got a couple of goals now but would still like him to get in the box more.

If he carries on improving like he has done in the last 6 months then we will have a gem of a player who could be a real asset. 

Ron Burgundy
On 29/02/2024 at 10:55, Chimp said:

That's because it would mean admitting they might have got it wrong about him 🤷‍♂️

I've been wrong about hundreds of Hearts players in my time. Though it's usually the other way around. I think they are gonna be great and they turn out murder.

Batistuta87
On 29/02/2024 at 08:19, Diego10 said:

I hope all the folk who think he's slow were watching when he made up about 20 yards on Maolida

Some desire to get back that far and win the ball. Was tremendous. Folk just think he's slow because of the way he runs (like he's made of wood 😆). 

On 29/02/2024 at 12:39, Gambo said:

IMG_1342.jpeg

On 29/02/2024 at 07:34, Marvin said:

Really liking Hoff and Vargas for that matter.  Hoff has easily been our best player last couple of games. 

Yip agree but Vargas needs to stop diving 

Firefox
10 minutes ago, mr fox said:

Yip agree but Vargas needs to stop diving 

Did he dive? I thought he was fouled by Fish.

11 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

He was the only player who carried us v Hibs in the first half.  Stood out amongst a load of rubbish.  I think that's enough to say he has it and if the rest had been half at home we would have seen a different performance and result.

This. Kept us in the game. Another two or three players like him on the night would have pulverised that shite.

he's a good blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey type.

7 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

69% pass completion rate in a derby isn't too shabby IMO. Where do you get the 14 possessions lost from?

IMG_4860.png

3 hours ago, Firefox said:

Did he dive? I thought he was fouled by Fish.

Yes he dived and does it constantly 

6 hours ago, Jamb04life said:

I see Hoff as an all round box to box player. He wins his battles and looks tidy on the ball. He’s got a couple of goals now but would still like him to get in the box more.

If he carries on improving like he has done in the last 6 months then we will have a gem of a player who could be a real asset. 

Looks a good find and has done well

Pity Beni is one tackle away from crutches though as they work together well. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, mr fox said:

Yes he dived and does it constantly 

So he wasn't fouled at all, he would not have kept the ball if he stayed on his feet?

He bought the foul and forced the VAR processes to kick in immediately after, otherwise the officials may not have bothered their collective arses

I think the pen was for the Forrest incident or both 'challenges'; each of which are a foul anywhere else outside the box

dsk1210
On 29/02/2024 at 20:37, Jamboelite said:

He lost a ball last night and ran 60yrds to put a challenge in to get it back.

Has more ability than Fraser and Devlin combined 

I said to my mate at the time that it was a gut busting run.

Over run last two games in midfield and our central midfielder is described as excellent/brilliant😂…… because he runs around a lot.

We will need a lot more than that in midfield on Sunday.

tbf I like Hoff and think he has something to give from beginning, but struggle to describe him as brilliant/excellent.

Edited by Gambo

Firefox
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So he wasn't fouled at all, he would not have kept the ball if he stayed on his feet?

He bought the foul and forced the VAR processes to kick in immediately after, otherwise the officials may not have bothered their collective arses

I think the pen was for the Forrest incident or both 'challenges'; each of which are a foul anywhere else outside the box

This

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

eh?

Clancy gave the penalty in the blink of an eye

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

eh?

Clancy gave the penalty in the blink of an eye

He blew right after the Vargas incident, yes, but I think that's because that was the end of the phase of play and he intended to wait for that moment, with VAR in mind

At least that's what I hoped he was intending to do; the Vargas incident ramped it all up a notch 🙂

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

tartofmidlothian

Thread needs bumped, he was exceptional against Celtic.

merrymac
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Thread needs bumped, he was exceptional against Celtic.

Absolutely 

outstanding today covered every blade of grass and took up some exceptional positions

just about first name in the team sheet now

Vlad Magic

The composure he showed today both with the ball and without it was remarkable.

Reads the game so well and makes the right decisions almost every time.

Really really good player 👍👍

augusthearts
On 29/02/2024 at 01:36, wattie exploited said:

CALEM NIEUWENHOF    

what a player Calem Nieuwen hof is becoming  every game he is getting better and better reminds me a bit of Colin Cameron ,the amount of running and covering he does is tremendous ,the ground he made up when  ATKINSON lost the ball and the hibs player was going to have a free run in on goal was outstanding ! never panics either on the ball :rifle:

Good call Wattie. Definitely got a touch of Colin Cameron to him. Getting better each game. Outstanding today.

AlphonseCapone
On 01/03/2024 at 22:33, Gambo said:

Over run last two games in midfield and our central midfielder is described as excellent/brilliant😂…… because he runs around a lot.

We will need a lot more than that in midfield on Sunday.

tbf I like Hoff and think he has something to give from beginning, but struggle to describe him as brilliant/excellent.

I've said from early doors he'll be a good player for us and I can't see me being wrong. I think you're trying to play the contrairian a bit, bringing up his stats for the Hibs game which is a completely different kettle of fish and the whole team were guff. It's hard to keep your pass completion up when you're team aren't looking for the ball. 

Hopefully you'll be able to praise his performance today as he was outstanding.

innerjambo

Great game today. Hope he's okay, seemed like he took a knock, but hopefully nothing to worry about. 

saxondale

He has it all; pace, composure, technical ability, passing, shooting, game intelligence and interceptions.

The box to box midfielder we have been crying out for.

GrimUpNorth

Yet another great performance. Does all the small things well. And what an assist 👏