CALEM NIEUWENHOF what a player

wattie exploited

RustyRightPeg

Upturn in form came after the public vote of confidence Naisy gave him at the AGM.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• The Black Prince

• Watt-Zeefuik

• wattie exploited

FarmerTweedy
On 06/03/2024 at 00:24, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The signing of Calem goes back to before savage's arrival at the club, I'm sure

On 06/03/2024 at 09:32, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think he was at a Hearts match nearly 6 years ago, from wiki, article in the refs

Someone alluded to the earlier connection too, a page or 2 back

On 06/03/2024 at 09:39, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The idea that his being at one game six years means his transfer to us goes back to then is just nuts.   

stuart500

Out for a couple of weeks with hamstring injury according to Hearts Standard. Will be a loss.

Chuck Berry
10 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Out for a couple of weeks with hamstring injury according to Hearts Standard. Will be a loss.

Like Kent, hopefully back after the international break, meaning they only miss Morton and County.

davemclaren
49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Upturn in form came after the public vote of confidence Naisy gave him at the AGM.

What agm? Naisy wasn't at the club one. 

He just needed time to bed in. That's all it was. 

His movement off the ball in his first game v Partick? I think, I could see he understood the game and was intelligent. 

But he's grown into the team and taken command of the midfield. It was always a matter of not "if" but "when" with Hoff. 

And now everyone can see it. He's got every attribute you want in a CM and he's going to get better and better. 

What a great spot by our recruitment team. 

RustyRightPeg
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What agm? Naisy wasn't at the club one. 

Coaches evening even sorry

boag1874
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He just needed time to bed in. That's all it was. 

His movement off the ball in his first game v Partick? I think, I could see he understood the game and was intelligent. 

But he's grown into the team and taken command of the midfield. It was always a matter of not "if" but "when" with Hoff. 

And now everyone can see it. He's got every attribute you want in a CM and he's going to get better and better. 

What a great spot by our recruitment team. 

Agree, could see he had something just needed to get settled into our team after moving to the other side of the world. Folk judged him on 2 appearances then he got a niggly injury then he's gradually got better & better since coming back. Yes he had the odd poor game at the start but he also had some decent games that flew under the radar, away to Killie in the cup, a cameo v Aberdeen & away to Ibrox he was a standout

davemclaren
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Coaches evening even sorry

👍

hearts00

So frustrating. Playing superbly and then picks up an injury. So very Hearts. 

It has been so bad for so long that we just take it for granted, but right now we have Halkett, Kent, Hoff, McKay, Oda and Boyce out.  

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

It has been so bad for so long that we just take it for granted, but right now we have Halkett, Kent, Hoff, McKay, Oda and Boyce out.  

McKay back soon I wonder?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The idea that his being at one game six years means his transfer to us goes back to then is just nuts.   

Just read his wiki page then; who cares?

Watt-Zeefuik
25 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

aYlEC9I.gif

Well done. :lol:

Watt-Zeefuik

At the very least though we should be able to beat Morton without him. Not wanting to be cocksure about it, but if we can't muster that then shame on us.

After that it's away to Dingwall then the international break, and then the two matches which hopefully ice third against Mirren and Killie.

Hopefully a lot of our players either rest through the next three weeks or get 15-20 minutes at the end of matches to get back up to match speed.

Thomaso
4 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Really need these guys back for the run in

Thomaso
6 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Like Kent, hopefully back after the international break, meaning they only miss Morton and County.

Two vital games

karipidis

Devlin will come in for him, not ideal but not a bad replacement. 

colinmaroon
14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No we don’t.  Other than the long term injurynguys like Boyce and McKay our main men have been very fortunate with injuries this season until a couple of weeks ago Kent, Rowles, Kingsley, Cochrane, Hof, Beni, Shanks, Forrest, Grant, Clark  have been available virtually every week. Been as good a season for injuries as we have had for a while. 🤞it lasts another couple of months. 

Funny, over the last five years or so, seasons I seem to remember, Naismith, Peter Haring, John Soutar, Craig Halkett, Jamie Walker, Sam Nicholson, Calum Paterson, Djoum, Berra, Uche, Beni, Rowles, Boyce etc. etc.

Edited by colinmaroon

Oda be a JT

Can’t find the quote but I’m sure Naismith said, during Hoffs rocky start, he really believed he would become one of our best players in time, he wasn’t wrong (again a I remember during our slow start to the season he said the fans would see the Hearts he was wanting come Nov/Dec - again spot in).

The man’s a visionary!

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No we don’t.  Other than the long term injurynguys like Boyce and McKay our main men have been very fortunate with injuries this season until a couple of weeks ago Kent, Rowles, Kingsley, Cochrane, Hof, Beni, Shanks, Forrest, Grant, Clark  have been available virtually every week. Been as good a season for injuries as we have had for a while. 🤞it lasts another couple of months. 

Yeah,  it's been a good season so far on that front. 

Big difference to last season with Boyce, Gordon,  Halkett and Beni all gubbed along with Smith, Kingsley , Rowles, Mckay all breaking down at points.

Long may it continue.

Deevers
10 hours ago, karipidis said:

I wonder if Tait will get a start on Monday. He’s looked a really good player in his appearances from the bench.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah,  it's been a good season so far on that front. 

Big difference to last season with Boyce, Gordon,  Halkett and Beni all gubbed along with Smith, Kingsley , Rowles, Mckay all breaking down at points.

Long may it continue.

The combination of Beni, Haring, and Halkett all being down at the same time was the underrated kick in the baws last season that underwrote our winning streak. It absolutely hollowed out our central defence and passing.

Yeah, Robbie should have found a different solution other than "stick Snoddy in there and hope for the best," but I honestly think we get 4-7 points from the Motherwell, Killie, and Mirren games if we have just one of those back at full match fitness.

KyleLafferty

Think we’ll see the return of a beni/devlin pivot with Grant or Fraser.

Watt-Zeefuik
27 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Think we’ll see the return of a beni/devlin pivot with Grant or Fraser.

I feel like when we're in a back 3, which I kind of expect us to be in as long as Kent and Halkett are both out or limited, we'll lean more towards the single pivot at the base with two midfielders pushed forward.

I'm hopeful that'll be Devlin and McKay, although it's probably too soon to expect Bazza back well enough to start against Morton. So maybe against Morton we go with Kingsley and Rowles in the middle of a 4 and Cammy and Beni in front of them. Then yeah, I guess that leaves someone like Grant up in the 10.

wattie exploited
21 hours ago, karipidis said:

the HOF keeps the better than Devlin and is a much better passer of the ball ,

both players have great energy and both players like a tackle to them selfs am sure we will be fine for the two games that the hof aint playing !!!!!!!!:rifle:

wattie exploited

keeps the ball better than Devlin :rifle:

22 hours ago, karipidis said:

Cam will be very motivated to try to get his place back. 

Will be interesting to see how we set up. County will park the bus and try to hit us on the counter again. 

Presumably Killie won’t want a draw if they have any ambitions of third. Would make their sit back, shell it forward, hope for set pieces approach at Tynecastle slightly less likely. 

We lose a bit of creativity in the Calem for Cam swap. Be great if McKay was fit to balance it out. 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, CMc said:

Cam will be very motivated to try to get his place back. 

Will be interesting to see how we set up. County will park the bus and try to hit us on the counter again. 

Presumably Killie won’t want a draw if they have any ambitions of third. Would make their sit back, shell it forward, hope for set pieces approach at Tynecastle slightly less likely. 

We lose a bit of creativity in the Calem for Cam swap. Be great if McKay was fit to balance it out. 

I think if Devlin can get a bit better with his final ball, Cammy - Beni - Hoff is a pretty great midfield three. If we do lose Beni in the summer, as seems quite possible, McKay - Hoff - Cammy isn't bad either.

Devlin is so, so good as a pressing nuisance and as a pest in the middle of the park. If he can refine his pressing and attacking he'll be an absolute gem of a player for us. And at the very least, he seems motivated to put the work in and willing to learn from Naisy, which is encouraging.

jambo19
22 hours ago, Deevers said:

I wonder if Tait will get a start on Monday. He’s looked a really good player in his appearances from the bench.

With the state of their pitch, I wonder if we'll see Denholm or Devlin for the box to box movement and introduce Tait later on the control the tempo if we have a lead.

I'm surprised we haven't started him yet, I thought Airdrie would've been a great opportunity but Beni seems to hold the 6/playmaker role for now.

Nice to have options and see Tait developing well

Good piece on Calem by James Cairney on Hearts Standard

FarmerTweedy
On 07/03/2024 at 17:56, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Just read his wiki page then; who cares?

I've read it. It says he was at one of our games about 6 years ago. That's all.  It (and he) says nothing about a move having been in the offing since then, because, well, it wasn't. You just put 2 and 2 together and came up with a hell of a lot more than 4!  

The reality is, he absolutely was a signing identified and brought in by Savage and his team, and trying to make out otherwise is a bit bizarre! 

The White Cockade

bit worried we will be without Hof and Frankie for a month or two particularly Frankie

I think the 2-3 week quotes we have been hearing are likely wishful thinking 

hope i’m wrong obviously 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I've read it. It says he was at one of our games about 6 years ago. That's all.  It (and he) says nothing about a move having been in the offing since then, because, well, it wasn't. You just put 2 and 2 together and came up with a hell of a lot more than 4!  

The reality is, he absolutely was a signing identified and brought in by Savage and his team, and trying to make out otherwise is a bit bizarre! 

You've read all the articles in the refs?

theshed
9 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

bit worried we will be without Hof and Frankie for a month or two particularly Frankie

hope i’m wrong obviously 

Could do with them back for the killie game in 3 weeks but as you say it doesn’t look good 

The Black Prince
On 07/03/2024 at 19:39, Homme said:

Watching Nisbet now in the AFC Cup. Don't think he has put a foot wrong first half. Look very handy.

For those on the Nisbet watch... put on another master class this afternoon. Scored one and assisted one in the first 19 minutes to send CCM top of the league.

Has to be the best player in the AL now. And to think someone in the SPL will probably get him for under a million pounds.

Criminal.

wavydavy
12 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

hope i’m wrong obviously 

It's deflection and it seems to be the case that when we are told a couple of weeks everyone knows that is will be at least a month or maybe more.

Same story with Halkett, goes for a scan but is still training on his own until we know the results of his scan? Come off it the club will have the scan results almost immediately, they just don't want to tell the fans more bad news.

wavydavy
On 07/03/2024 at 18:24, Watt-Zeefuik said:

At the very least though we should be able to beat Morton without him. Not wanting to be cocksure about it, but if we can't muster that then shame on us.

After that it's away to Dingwall then the international break, and then the two matches which hopefully ice third against Mirren and Killie.

Hopefully a lot of our players either rest through the next three weeks or get 15-20 minutes at the end of matches to get back up to match speed.

Morton will be no pushovers. Their pitch is not great especially if it is wet and their Manager (Dougie Imrie) hates us with a vengance and will have them well up for the challenge.

They have a couple of ex Hearts players in Jamie McDonald and Robbie Muirhead as well as the thug that is Alan Power formerly Killie.

In theory it is a game we should win but they know they don't have the same quality as us and will niggle and be in our faces all over the pitch.

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Morton will be no pushovers. Their pitch is not great especially if it is wet and their Manager (Dougie Imrie) hates us with a vengance and will have them well up for the challenge.

They have a couple of ex Hearts players in Jamie McDonald and Robbie Muirhead as well as the thug that is Alan Power formerly Killie.

In theory it is a game we should win but they know they don't have the same quality as us and will niggle and be in our faces all over the pitch.

Didn't realize Jamma was there, hope he gets a nice round of applause from the Jambos pre-match.

Ricardo Quaresma
18 hours ago, The Black Prince said:

For those on the Nisbet watch... put on another master class this afternoon. Scored one and assisted one in the first 19 minutes to send CCM top of the league.

Has to be the best player in the AL now. And to think someone in the SPL will probably get him for under a million pounds.

Criminal.

Better than silvera then?

The Black Prince
3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Better than silvera then?

Totally different as Silvera's a winger and Nizz is a #8 or #10. Hard to compare but I reckon Nizz has a higher ceiling.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Totally different as Silvera's a winger and Nizz is a #8 or #10. Hard to compare but I reckon Nizz has a higher ceiling.

I don't think silvera did well in Qatar, at all

How'd you see his performance there?

The Black Prince

Wasn't great but he's been doing quite well at Boro since he got back.

wavydavy
9 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Didn't realize Jamma was there, hope he gets a nice round of applause from the Jambos pre-match.

I read that he is doubtful for tonight as he is still recovering from an injury but sure he will be well received by the Jambos.

wattie exploited

I think Devlin will replace him tonight :rifle: 

• 3 weeks later...