Will Bayer Leverkusen win the league?

Hansel

They need a better manager than Tuchel. He's hopeless.   

They have injuries to attackers but still shouldn't be conceding so many. 

Yeah I think Leverkusen will win the league. 

Edited by HMFC01

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hansel

• Gundermann

• ArcticJambo

• Mikey1874

Gundermann

Great atmospheres at German games. More on the Rostock smoking cars. 😆

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

wir lassen uns nicht rühren

:clyay:

Immer bereit!

Phil D. Corners
Just now, ColinSmith1255 said:

Wow! Leverkusen is a “suburb” of Cologne with a smaller population than Dundee!

oooof don’t say that to them. 

and it’s technically part of Cologne. 😉

ColinSmith1255
2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

A bit like Leith being a suburb of Edinburgh. The difference being the Leith will never win the league 😊

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Average gate of 28k that's some support for the size of the place.

ArcticJambo

The Bundesliga 2, Hertha Berlin vs FC Magdeburg game on Friday night got a lot of plaudits/respect from other German fan groups for their fan support/displays in this 4-3 victory for the home team.  Having more than 15k away fans (in the 53k crowd) certainly helps to create a spectacle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk9dX9YQ950

Leverkusen are my German team of choice since going to see them as a boy with my football team. Got to meet Ballack, Ze Roberto, Kursten, the Kovac brothers etc al. What a team they had back then.

It would thoroughly amuse me if Harry Kane moved to Bayern for guaranteed silverware and didn’t win any. I don’t especially dislike the man, but it would still be funny.

ArcticJambo
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Leverkusen are my German team of choice since going to see them as a boy with my football team. Got to meet Ballack, Ze Roberto, Kursten, the Kovac brothers etc al. What a team they had back then.

Was so hoping they'd win the Champions League to top off a great few seasons. Probably one of the last great teams to seemingly be built from scratch, well certainly when you looked at the team they were facing in the '02 Glasgow Final.  Also Lucio, the skinny kid Neuville< Bernd Schneider, and a young Berbatov. Unfortunately, like a lot of great 'obscure' teams that came out of nowhere their stars were picked off.

ArcticJambo
29 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

The Bundesliga 2, Hertha Berlin vs FC Magdeburg game on Friday night got a lot of plaudits/respect from other German fan groups for their fan support/displays in this 4-3 victory for the home team.  Having more than 15k away fans (in the 53k crowd) certainly helps to create a spectacle.

It was a 3-2 win! Not sure why I originally had it at 4-3, probably wanting that score.

4 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Was so hoping they'd win the Champions League to top off a great few seasons. Probably one of the last great teams to seemingly be built from scratch, well certainly when you looked at the team they were facing in the '02 Glasgow Final.  Also Lucio, the skinny kid Neuville< Bernd Schneider, and a young Berbatov. Unfortunately, like a lot of great 'obscure' teams that came out of nowhere their stars were picked off.

Can't believe I forgot those players too! 

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

This was the top I bought at the time when over there. The club shop had two floors which as a small kid amazed me :lol:

download.jpeg

ArcticJambo
6 minutes ago, Homme said:

This was the top I bought at the time when over there. The club shop had two floors which as a small kid amazed me :lol:

download.jpeg

Nice. Trying to think what the Hearts shop was like back then. Bet it didn't sell open top Hearts lego buses :laugh:

Seaside Dave
5 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Kane moves to Bayern after never getting a winners medal at Spurs....and now Bayern might not win the Bundesliga this season after winning the last 11. Jinx.

:rofl:

Not only that. When he wins top goal scorer his personal trophy will be the cannon lol reminding him of his boyhood club arsenal who have won the league at spurs ground the same number of times as spurs have won the league in their total existence. 

gregzy2k7

Hopefully leverkusen can do it, it's nice to see other teams win titles sometimes, I really enjoyed seeing Napoli win Serie A last year as well.

The surprise for me is looking at the quality of the Bayern squad, they’re littered with talent front to back but have too many players prone to an “off day”

TexasAndy

Seen this movie often in Bundesliga where Bayern are adrift with weeks to go but usually find a way to claw back probably as much to do with the team at top cracking towards the end.  Leverkusen have never won the Bundesliga so this would be beyond huge for them.  If they falter then you know that Bayern will be there to take advantage.

11 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Unfortunately, like a lot of great 'obscure' teams that came out of nowhere their stars were picked off.

And history will continue to be that way as the vultures are circling around their manager. 

Famous 1874

I’ve been a member at Bayer Leverkusen for 2 seasons now.

Hope they do it. Lot of great young players, top up and coming coach who plays an attractive attacking style of play.

Suspect Bayern will drop more points from now until the end of the season due to their current form. 

Harry Kane to win top goal scorer and player of the year yet again but will finish trophy-less. 

Bindy Badgy

Seems highly likely that they'll win it now. Might be bitter sweet for them as Alonso will probably take the Liverpool job.

ArcticJambo
30 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And history will continue to be that way as the vultures are circling around their manager. 

sadly.

13 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Bundesliga 2 attendances exceeded Bundesliga 1 for the first time ever last weekend. There are some very big fish in that division. Apparently it currently has the fifth-highest average crowds in Europe behind the top leagues in Germany, England, Spain and Italy. Of course there are some relatively small clubs in Bundesliga 1 just now - Heidenheim, Darmstadt etc.

ArcticJambo
48 minutes ago, leginten said:

Bundesliga 2 attendances exceeded Bundesliga 1 for the first time ever last weekend. There are some very big fish in that division. Apparently it currently has the fifth-highest average crowds in Europe behind the top leagues in Germany, England, Spain and Italy. Of course there are some relatively small clubs in Bundesliga 1 just now - Heidenheim, Darmstadt etc.

Didn't know that but I was surprised by some of the average attendances for the season when I looked the other day. Schalke fans really seem to put the effort in.

e: We'd creep in at 13th.

BL2.png

Edited by ArcticJambo

Sawdust Caesar
18 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It would thoroughly amuse me if Harry Kane moved to Bayern for guaranteed silverware and didn’t win any. I don’t especially dislike the man, but it would still be funny.

Be even funnier if Spurs won the league this season, however unlikely that is.

Watt-Zeefuik

Nagelsmann had a 71% win percentage with them and got sacked for Teuchel, who's now gotten Hibsed 5-1 to 6th place Frankfurt to lead off losing 4 of his last 10.

Don't sack managers that are doing well, kids.

Pasquale for King

Really hope so, Munich were fortunate to win it last season from Dortmund. Another lucrative payoff coming for Tuchel. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

It'd be even funnier if both Spurs and 'Arry Kane won feck all.

Absolutely, although I would laugh if Spurs won something after hes left 😆 .

Jamhammer
On 18/02/2024 at 18:29, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tuchel for the sack? Utterly clueless manager who has no idea what he is doing.

West Ham bound then

and I’m not fn kidding 

The German football league has unanimously voted to discontinue its search for a “marketing partner” (i.e. investor). There have been organised fan protests all over Germany in recent weeks which have led to disruption before and during matches.

Once again, good on the German football public. Keen to protect what they have, which is pretty good by anyone’s standards, and demonstrating that the people in the clubs (a majority) and in authority chasing the big money are out of touch with the fans.

Edited by leginten

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, leginten said:

The German football league has unanimously voted to discontinue its search for a “marketing partner” (i.e. investor). There have been organised fan protests all over Germany in recent weeks which have led to disruption before and during matches.

Once again, good on the German football public. Keen to protect what they have, which is pretty good by anyone’s standards, and demonstrating that the people in the clubs (a majority) and in authority chasing the big money are out of touch with the fans.

:thumbsup: good to hear.

Pasquale for King

Not a huge fan of 3 at the back and possession based football but you can’t argue with the results and good luck to them. 

Definitely an incredible irony. Kane, one of the best strikers in the world, complains he has no trophies. Heads to Bayern where a league title looks a stick on after 11 consecutive, and now not so much despite the fact he's the highest scorer in the league.

I hope Leverkusen do win the league but think Kane will still get his trophy probably next season if not this one.

Bayern with Kane are the highest scorers in the league but appear to be little better than many below them defensively, and not as good as Leverkusen defensively. They will rectify that for next season.  

ArcticJambo

Two good goals, and then the Mainz keeper chucked in the winner. Leverkusen have a lot of energy. Hope they do well in the EL as well though I suspect they'll run out of puff! :D

Watt-Zeefuik

I was unfamiliar with them but this from Wikipedia is beyond even Dens ÷level of gutting for a club that has never actually won the title.

"In 2000, Bayer Leverkusen needed only a draw against SpVgg Unterhaching to win the title, but an own goal by Michael Ballack helped send the team to a crushing 2–0 defeat, while Bayern Munich won the title with a 3–1 victory over Werder Bremen."

21 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I was unfamiliar with them but this from Wikipedia is beyond even Dens ÷level of gutting for a club that has never actually won the title.

"In 2000, Bayer Leverkusen needed only a draw against SpVgg Unterhaching to win the title, but an own goal by Michael Ballack helped send the team to a crushing 2–0 defeat, while Bayern Munich won the title with a 3–1 victory over Werder Bremen."

Never heard of the team that beat them but that is a sore one. No wonder Ballack always looked miserable 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Game over 

Leverkusen will move 10 points clear if the beat 3rd bottom FC Köln on sunday.

:pleasing:

Watt-Zeefuik

Just looked at the table. 16 GA in 23 matches. That's some outstanding defence.

BangkokHearts
On 24/02/2024 at 06:18, Hansel said:

Never heard of the team that beat them but that is a sore one. No wonder Ballack always looked miserable 

I always thought it was because his name means testicle in English.