Training Ground plans

jamboinglasgow

Chuck Berry
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

no away fans

Well that's one of the easy fixes, but not one that will be pursued.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Fozzyonthefence

• Sooks

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Well that's one of the easy fixes, but not one that will be pursued.

worth a shout

jambo-in-furness
3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We can’t even sell out when we play Rangers and Celtic.  Capacity is least of our concerns.

There are obvious reasons for that which we are hoping time and familiarity will sort itself out but, you already know that.

not like you to be snidey 😉

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

seems crazy for 25 games a season and yet school is close proximity and the new student flats 

From reading posts on the subject previously it's all about evacuation speed. For example, the flats could be evacuated rapidly but 20k out of a stadium takes far longer.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

and says the phrase "I would like" ....not "We  would like". Would folk want her input re the bar ? She'll want it family friendly of course whatever that entails - maybe a creche in the corner and making soft drinks the priority ? Would far from shock me. Thought she was taking a step back ?????

😂 Tell me you're a raging boomer without telling me you're a raging boomer.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Hungry hippo said:

From reading posts on the subject previously it's all about evacuation speed. For example, the flats could be evacuated rapidly but 20k out of a stadium takes far longer.

Students are usually pissed, comatose or wacky baccied out to escape quickly

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

There's more inches to squeeze eg. segregation.

Do you think the segregation is like that by design choice of the club? It has been done as demanded by the Police in particular the lower corner. 

I'd love to see some impressions on what Riccarton could look like if absolutely everything we wanted to happen, did. Like we got everything our own way with zero compromises. 

Investing in as high a quality training facility as we can possibly get makes sense. I think although pretty offensive, Pressleys comments about how poor facilities are in Scotland is something to take on board, and if any improvements can make are the difference between keeping talented youngsters and not, then I think that is absolutely something worth doing. 

If our coaches are able to plan sessions around what best works for them and their players, instead of having to rejig things based on external factors like bookings and such, then that would be great and hopefully lead to us getting a little bit extra in terms of academy output. 

I want Hearts to have the absolute best facilities in the country. I want Hearts to be the premier club for youth development and to be able to build out a reputation as THE club in Scotland to be at. There are going to be areas we can compete effectively with Celtic and Rangers in, and perhaps build competitive advantages due to the difference in demands -I saw this:

The TLDR take away is that despite hoovering up all the best talent and having mulimillion pound youth systems, neither Rangers or Celtic bother their arse to get youngsters playing first team football for them. IMO if we can move ourselves into a position where we have better facilities (or as good as) with a clearer more realistic development path into the first team, then there is a huge potential to have some of the best youngsters in Scotland coming (and staying) at Hearts - and therefore the club making money on player sales. We're probably already making big strides there given the likes of Tait & Pollock not looking out of place, Simpson getting hoovered up by Aston Villa and the likes of Stone, Wilson & Flatman staying despite interest from elsewhere. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

There are obvious reasons for that which we are hoping time and familiarity will sort itself out but, you already know that.

not like you to be snidey 😉

Not sure what you’re getting at or why you think I’m being snidey (play the post not the man) or what will sort itself out but for me there are a few reasons why these games don’t sell out:

1.  The main one - we lose almost every time we play them

2. They’re usually live on tv

3. Cost (also factored in with reasons 1 and 2)

4. Their fans - some of ours just can’t be arsed with 90 minutes of sectarian shite or don’t want to take their kids 

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Do you think the segregation is like that by design choice of the club? It has been done as demanded by the Police in particular the lower corner. 

Yes I think it is compared to other clubs segregation arrangements and the police can only advise, not instruct.

The club need to look at ways of reducing the barrier to get more Hearts fans in.   Why cover off the block nearest the Main Stand for example, look at different ways to deal with any issue rather than slapping a huge tarp over seats rendering them unsellable.

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Strattiesroll said:

It's great to see Hearts be proactive and look to build something for the long term that's owned.

Maybe build.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Yes I think it is compared to other clubs segregation arrangements and the police can only advise, not instruct.

The club need to look at ways of reducing the barrier to get more Hearts fans in.   Why cover off the block nearest the Main Stand for example, look at different ways to deal with any issue rather than slapping a huge tarp over seats rendering them unsellable.

It’s not just the police but also the safety element, think about the stairs to exits. You can legally only have so many fans to 1 set of stairs you have to be able to evacuate below a certain time frame. That’s regulated. I just find it so odd that fans think the club is voluntarily losing 600 seats to segregation. Like we chose that and there are other options. There’s no other options. If you gave that whole extra section to home or away fans, there’d be too many fans to 1 stair and they couldn’t evacuate. “Ways of reducing the barrier” there’s none. 

Heartsofgold
33 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

seems crazy for 25 games a season and yet school is close proximity and the new student flats 

Yes but NEITHER of them have 17-20,000 people in them at any one time.  Tynecastle does.

4 hours ago, Chimp said:

Here's hoping 🤞

Any idea what was the most we've spent in recent years? Obviously our record was 850k for Beslija but I'm thinking the closest might be Shankland at 500k..

We didn't pay £500k for Shankland.  That was reported as the figure his club were looking for, but the same report also stated we weren't prepared to pay that.  Folk on here latched onto the £500k figure and it suddenly became the truth.  Savage himself has referred to the £500k figure and stated we paid nothing like that for him.

Still, it brings back amusing memories of that Summer's transfer thread with several of the Kickback Intelligentsia moaning about wasting £500k on a Championship-level player who would never hack it in the Premiership.

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

We didn't pay £500k for Shankland.  That was reported as the figure his club were looking for, but the same report also stated we weren't prepared to pay that.  Folk on here latched onto the £500k figure and it suddenly became the truth.  Savage himself has referred to the £500k figure and stated we paid nothing like that for him.

Still, it brings back amusing memories of that Summer's transfer thread with several of the Kickback Intelligentsia moaning about wasting £500k on a Championship-level player who would never hack it in the Premiership.

Well how much did we pay for him then?

Chuck Berry
26 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It’s not just the police but also the safety element, think about the stairs to exits. You can legally only have so many fans to 1 set of stairs you have to be able to evacuate below a certain time frame. That’s regulated. I just find it so odd that fans think the club is voluntarily losing 600 seats to segregation. Like we chose that and there are other options. There’s no other options. If you gave that whole extra section to home or away fans, there’d be too many fans to 1 stair and they couldn’t evacuate. “Ways of reducing the barrier” there’s none. 

Of course there is. There are 4 entrance/exits to the stand, one for the away fans and the other three catering for the Hearts fans.  There are two stairways available either side of the away section. Nobody is talking away entrances/exits.

The barrier never actually used to be that large.   I was "in the thick of it" when it kicked-off at a Dundee United game at NY in 2015/16 which prompted Budge to install a larger barrier - double the size - and all it did was reduce the amount of seats the Hearts side of the barrier. 

It had nothing to do with regulations.  It was a voluntary move and completely OTT reaction to a few numpties on both sides of the barrier who were too full of the NY spirit, literally.  It involved about 5 dafties.

You can probably put in a permanent barrier on the Hearts side of the second last stairway, and cover 3 or 4  seats nearest it.  That would release a lot more seating, also remove the daft square of seats nearest the main stand, it's not needed for 75% of games. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts-anger-over-spfl-probe-into-tynecastle-crowd-trouble-628893

Edited by Chuck Berry

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Well how much did we pay for him then?

I don't know what we paid for him, possibly £250k - £300k, but that's speculation.  All I do know is that Savage said we didn't pay anything like £500k for him.  

Just now, RobNox said:

I don't know what we paid for him, possibly £250k - £300k, but that's speculation.  All I do know is that Savage said we didn't pay anything like £500k for him.  

Find it very hard to believe Beerschot would shell out £1M for him and take nearly £750k loss after 1 season. Especially considering he wasn't actually that bad for them.

gordon simpson
4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

The major problem with ANY further expansion to Tynecastle is out of our control.  It's the Ethanol tanks at the back of the Roseburn.

These tanks, even after the additional safety features that were installed prior to the new main stand construction, limit the overall capacity for us due to the potential danger they represent.

They would have to be moved or completely removed before any further construction to increase capacity would even be considered by Health and Safety at ECC.

those tanks should be removed ,the whole area must be in danger if they go up 

Mr Sifter
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hopefully a great showing in the Euros helps to put the Scottish game on the map in terms of future TV deals. 

We could win the tournament and these gimps in charge would still make a ***** of it. Genuinely infuriates me that our National game is in the hands of absolute imbeciles. We, and our game, deserve so much better. 

AlimOzturk
2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

We could win the tournament and these gimps in charge would still make a ***** of it. Genuinely infuriates me that our National game is in the hands of absolute imbeciles. We, and our game, deserve so much better. 

Agreed. Wish Ann budge had more involved. She would have transformed the game by now imo. Or James Anderson. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Find it very hard to believe Beerschot would shell out £1M for him and take nearly £750k loss after 1 season. Especially considering he wasn't actually that bad for them.

Often saving the wage is the key thing. The transfer fee was a previous budget.

Mr Sifter
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed. Wish Ann budge had more involved. She would have transformed the game by now imo. 

I still hark back to when Barry Hearn was toying with the idea of getting involved (whether he was or what who knows, but I remember him having views on the promotion of our game). When you look at what he’s done with both darts and snooker I reckon his fresh outlook could’ve progressed how the world (and even ourselves) see Scottish football. Even from a marketing point of view there is so much to celebrate about Scottish football. The history, the combative nature, the passion. We should be screaming from the rooftops and bigging our product up, but what do we get from the amateurs in charge? Rangers v Celtic, Celtic v Rangers ad infinitum. Is so so lazy, so predictable and oh so ****ing boring. Anyway, I’m goin off on a tangent…

Chuck Berry
Just now, Mr Sifter said:

I still hark back to when Barry Hearn was toying with the idea of getting involved (whether he was or what who knows, but I remember him having views on the promotion of our game). When you look at what he’s done with both darts and snooker I reckon his fresh outlook could’ve progressed how the world (and even ourselves) see Scottish football. Even from a marketing point of view there is so much to celebrate about Scottish football. The history, the combative nature, the passion. We should be screaming from the rooftops and bigging our product up, but what do we get from the amateurs in charge? Rangers v Celtic, Celtic v Rangers ad infinitum. Is so so lazy, so predictable and oh so ****ing boring. Anyway, I’m goin off on a tangent…

Bang on the money.  Hearn would have upset the SFA/SPFL establishment, and we can't be doing with that.

9 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Did they not get relegated? 

I think perhaps a combination of that, Shankland wanting the move and maybe some sort of sell on fee might have got the deal done? 

Appreciate this is all guess work, but there was some talk about the club not being in a good place when he was there?

Also, the £1m they paid Utd may not actually have been that - i.e how much of that figure was contingent on certain things? 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Bang on the money.  Hearn would have upset the SFA/SPFL establishment, and we can't be doing with that.

If a club wanted to upset the SFA, approaching him to help produce a report about the commercial position and marketing approach of Scottish football could make for interesting reading.. 

Just now, OTT said:

Did they not get relegated? 

I think perhaps a combination of that, Shankland wanting the move and maybe some sort of sell on fee might have got the deal done? 

Appreciate this is all guess work, but there was some talk about the club not being in a good place when he was there?

Also, the £1m they paid Utd may not actually have been that - i.e how much of that figure was contingent on certain things? 

Yeah they did. I think he himself did fairly well for them, and was played out of position apparently. Also their fans seemed to take to him.

Either way, I'm not sure how anyone can definitely state that it wasn't 500k while not having a clue how much we did actually pay. Maybe we were in the same situation, the fee might have only reached the region of 500k with add ons, clauses etc.

My original post was really just wondering if anyone knew what is the most we've paid for a player since Beslija at 850k. Have a feeling we might get close to that in the summer and add a quality player.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

44 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Yes but NEITHER of them have 17-20,000 people in them at any one time.  Tynecastle does.

Valid point, but the main thing as I remember is that the 17,000+ people at Tynecastle are mostly outside whereas the small fraction of that number at the other places are mostly inside a new building. 

jamboinglasgow
22 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

He was giving a presentation to a conference that the SFA held on developing Scottish football (he wasn't planning to get involved.) It was the reponse from the higher ups that frustrated me, Hearn was pointing out all the key things (like dont give the Old Firm matches away for no extra money, like they did to Sky when it was split between SKy and BT, dont focus all effort on promoting the Old Firm as they promote themselves, focus on all the other clubs to raise the brand, etc) and all fans and pundits were saying that is exactly what needed to happen and he was bang on. The BBC asked the SFA chief exec and he said "we will review this and make action plans go forward" corporate speak for "we wont do anything from it."

Just depressing.

Even the new group set up earlier in the season to provide marketing for the SPFL, the SFA and the SWFPL (which if they have the right people to run it I think will help Scottish football (I know thats a big if)) only came about because five clubs were fed up how things were run and paid for their own review into Scottish football.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

23 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Are darts and snooker better marketed?

Until the novelty of Fallon Sherrock and Luke Littler I'd never watched a darts match and probably won't again. I couldn't tell you any other players other than Littler played another Luke.

As for snooker, outside of Ronnie O'Sullivan and some old timers...not a clue on any of them and haven't watched it in decades.

They don't strike me as 'sports' rolling in dosh.

Edited by Taffin

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, RobNox said:

It is indeed.  Although we've been getting around £6m per season from the benefactors and FOH, a chunk of that money has gone on infrastructure, in particular the fit out of the 2nd floor of the main stand.

We've also been paying off a loan from Bidco since Nov-22, at the rate of approx £125k per month, which accounts for a big chunk of the FOH money.  That loan will be repaid in October, which means we'll have an extra £1.5m a year that could be added to the playing budget, which equates to £30k a week.

I can think of one current player that I'd like to see a big chunk of that money diverted to.  Say an extra £10k per week on wages and a £1m signing fee for a 2 year contract extension, with a £10m buyout clause and 20% of any subsequent transfer fee going to the player.

He's really starting to look the part now, but I'm not sure the Hoff has quite justified a deal like that yet!

Is that not who you meant?  😉

Felix Lighter
2 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Maybe we could ask h1bs for pointers as to how they manage their rapid bi-weekly evacuations so efficiently.🙂 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Until the novelty of Fallon Sherrock and Luke Littler I'd never watched a darts match and probably won't again. I couldn't tell you any other players other than Littler played another Luke.

As for snooker, outside of Ronnie O'Sullivan and some old timers...not a clue on any of them and haven't watched it in decades.

Not so sure about snooker and I don’t watch it anymore but yes darts is well marketed and massively popular (especially in Germany and Netherlands).  The Premier League, as well as being live on Sky, is currently playing to sold out venues of around 10k every Thursday throughout the UK and Europe and was even before Littler and Sherrock arrived on the scene.  The arrival of Littler has just massively increased it’s exposure / popularity again from an already very good position. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Snooker got lucky with China getting hooked on the game and the continuing brilliance of O'Sullivan. Several top Chinese players have since been banned for betting irregularities and Ronnie surely isn't going to play for much longer, so not sure how it's looking in the longer term.

59 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not so sure about snooker and I don’t watch it anymore but yes darts is well marketed and massively popular (especially in Germany and Netherlands).  The Premier League, as well as being live on Sky, is currently playing to sold out venues of around 10k every Thursday throughout the UK and Europe and was even before Littler and Sherrock arrived on the scene.  The arrival of Littler has just massively increased it’s exposure / popularity again from an already very good position. 

SPFL is also on sky and has a weekly attendance of c. 100k punters. I appreciate that's not to say it shouldn't be far more fans and bring in a lot more dosh...but for example what's the average darts player earning? More than an SPFL footballer? 

I genuinely don't know, but I reckon your average person in the street would know more Scottish football teams than darts players. I appreciate it's almost unbelievable something like darts is ever even on the TV so fair play to them...which maybe entirely disproves my thinking 

Edited by Taffin

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

SPFL is also on sky and has a weekly attendance of c. 100k punters. I appreciate that's not to say it shouldn't be far more fans and bring in a lot more dosh...but for example what's the average darts player earning? More than an SPFL footballer? 

I genuinely don't know, but I reckon your average person in the street would know more Scottish football teams than darts players. I appreciate it's almost unbelievable something like darts is ever even on the TV so fair play to them...which maybe entirely disproves my thinking 

Darts isn’t really seen as a professional game though, most of them have normal jobs so it’s more like semi professional for all bar a  few (not sure how many in the top 32 would be full time but my guess would be less than half but it still has a tour card / qualifying school like golf and can still be huge prize money like £500k for winning the World Championship or Premier League). 

On the marketing point the SPFL has a far worse tv deal than all the Scandinavian countries which is frankly ridiculous for the best attended league in Europe (by head of population) and shows how badly it is marketed. 

Edit: here is the top 10 in the darts order of merit which is over a 2 year period (no. 50 also still earning £111k), not bad for a pub game :

IMG_1115.png

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Darts isn’t really seen as a professional game though, most of them have normal jobs so it’s more like semi professional for all bar a  few (not sure how many in the top 32 would be full time but my guess would be less than half but it still has a tour card / qualifying school like golf and can still be huge prize money like £500k for winning the World Championship or Premier League). 

On the marketing point the SPFL has a far worse tv deal than all the Scandinavian countries which is frankly ridiculous for the best attended league in Europe (by head of population) and shows how badly it is marketed. 

Yep. I don't understand how it is so bad. 

It doesn't make sense. Only thing I can think of is that the clubs themselves put so many constraints on what they will/won't allow that it waters the deal down painfully. 

Although, something I've always wondered and its a bit tin foil hat, but I think its in Celtics interest to keep the deal shit. I think any improvement to the deal wouldn't be enough to make Celtic much more competitive in the Champions League, so would therefore only serve to force up how much they need to spend on player wages and open up the chance of harder games and more chances of cup defeats. - Peter Lawwell went down to London to hold Doncasters hand to secure a new TV deal, and they best they apparently got was a marginal increase which I don't even think kept up with inflation... the same Lawwell who is so highly regarded as a football CEO that Arsenal wanted to speak with him. I find it hard to believe that such a competent guy couldn't do better. 

TBH I want Doncaster to go for a multitude of reasons, but I'd be interested to hear him speak openly and plainly about his dealings with the clubs. My suspicion is that they make things even harder and the way the league is ran needs changed - elect a league president/CEO on a mandate, and leave them to get on with it. No more votes. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yep. I don't understand how it is so bad. 

It doesn't make sense. Only thing I can think of is that the clubs themselves put so many constraints on what they will/won't allow that it waters the deal down painfully. 

Although, something I've always wondered and its a bit tin foil hat, but I think its in Celtics interest to keep the deal shit. I think any improvement to the deal wouldn't be enough to make Celtic much more competitive in the Champions League, so would therefore only serve to force up how much they need to spend on player wages and open up the chance of harder games and more chances of cup defeats. - Peter Lawwell went down to London to hold Doncasters hand to secure a new TV deal, and they best they apparently got was a marginal increase which I don't even think kept up with inflation... the same Lawwell who is so highly regarded as a football CEO that Arsenal wanted to speak with him. I find it hard to believe that such a competent guy couldn't do better. 

TBH I want Doncaster to go for a multitude of reasons, but I'd be interested to hear him speak openly and plainly about his dealings with the clubs. My suspicion is that they make things even harder and the way the league is ran needs changed - elect a league president/CEO on a mandate, and leave them to get on with it. No more votes. 

The tv deal was trumpeted as the best deal ever by Doncaster when it was actually worse.  It was agreed over a long term so the total amount was the most but when you divide it by the number of years the annual amount was actually less than the previous one.  

Reminds me of his lies during the Covid season when he persuaded the clubs that calling the season early with promotion, relegation, etc was the only option.  He’s a joke and clearly out of his depth and should have been emptied years ago.  One thing Rangers were right about. 

28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Edit: here is the top 10 in the darts order of merit which is over a 2 year period (no. 50 also still earning £111k), not bad for a pub game :

IMG_1115.png

I'd be after whoever does the commercials for Scandinavian football in that case. 

I'm not advocating the status quo. I'm just not really buying into why people think the guy marketing snooker and darts would have been better as imo they aren't well marketed either.

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd be after whoever does the commercials for Scandinavian football in that case. 

I'm not advocating the status quo. I'm just not really buying into why people think the guy marketing snooker and darts would have been better as imo they aren't well marketed either.

Boxing too, although not sure if the Hearns are still involved in that?  Could get a potted plant in to do a better job than Doncaster though. 

53 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Look at footage of darts before Hearn got invoved and look at it after.  It’s night and day.  You probably don’t watch it because you’re not interested in it, which is fair enough, and is the same reason I never watch snooker.

The issue here is that our ruling body is not interested in change, as they only see things through a celtic/rangers lens.

They totally ignore any ideas that they see as diluting the bigot battle in glasgow from being the ‘biggest and best in the world’.

5 hours ago, Chimp said:

We kind of had them over a barrel.  They'd been relegated and wanted him off their books as he was their top earner and they were under some financial pressure.  They were looking for £500k  as that was what they still owed Dundee United, so they were prepared to take a £500k hit anyway to get him off their books.

As it turned out, we were the only show in town as Shankland was desperate to return to Scotland and especially keen to link up again with Robbie Neilson.  So basically Beerschot had 2 options - take what we were offering, get him off the wage bill and get at least some of the money they still had to pay United, or reject our offer, he stays on the wage bill and they need to find £500k for United.

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, jambo mark said:

I suspect with all he infrastructure in place, the generous benefactor donations will decrease. 

I think these have been purely been for us to increase our own ability to generate our own cash long term. 

I'd be surprised if that's the case given that it was only a few months ago that James Anderson was saying he'd like to put more money into us but tax implications make it difficult! 

12 hours ago, jambo mark said:

I suspect with all he infrastructure in place, the generous benefactor donations will decrease. 

I think these have been purely been for us to increase our own ability to generate our own cash long term. 

One for any resident tax experts, but is it not the case that our benefactors can offset any donations they make against their tax burden? If this is accurate, it might mean the money keeps flowing in from the benefactors, assuming they need to worry about these types of issues.

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

One for any resident tax experts, but is it not the case that our benefactors can offset any donations they make against their tax burden? If this is accurate, it might mean the money keeps flowing in from the benefactors, assuming they need to worry about these types of issues.

I think this is why the donations go via Charity sponsors and for community projects. It’s basically free money as it would be going to HMRC instead. Might as well funnel it through something to do some good. If he was to buy shares or invest directly in to the team he wouldn’t get the tax relief.

28 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think this is why the donations go via Charity sponsors and for community projects. It’s basically free money as it would be going to HMRC instead. Might as well funnel it through something to do some good. If he was to buy shares or invest directly in to the team he wouldn’t get the tax relief.

👍

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'd be surprised if that's the case given that it was only a few months ago that James Anderson was saying he'd like to put more money into us but tax implications make it difficult! 

Was there not a statement at the AGM that we have it in writing the benefactor commitment is long term?

FarmerTweedy
10 hours ago, busbyfth said:

and says the phrase "I would like" ....not "We  would like". Would folk want her input re the bar ? She'll want it family friendly of course whatever that entails - maybe a creche in the corner and making soft drinks the priority ? Would far from shock me. Thought she was taking a step back ?????

It's quite remarkable that even after the fantastic transformation in the business/revenue generating side of the club, as well as the current superb form of the first team, there are still people who feel the desire to come on and post such utterly moronic shite as this!  

:facepalm: