Training Ground plans

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24115690.future-hearts-training-base-playing-investment/

Andrew Mckinlay and Ann Budge have given more information about the plans around a training ground.

The first choice is to stay at Oriam but expand their facilities there. A new training ground is a back up. They are currently exploring what they can do, how much it will cost.

Ann Budge was also saying that any big projects will be on hold till they decide what they want to do with the training grounds, so they are able to put more money into the football side of the club for the next couple of years. They may do smaller things in the meantime (she mentions she would want to do something with the supporters bar.)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Fozzyonthefence

• Sooks

• Chuck Berry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24115690.future-hearts-training-base-playing-investment/

Andrew Mckinlay and Ann Budge have given more information about the plans around a training ground.

The first choice is to stay at Oriam but expand their facilities there. A new training ground is a back up. They are currently exploring what they can do, how much it will cost.

Ann Budge was also saying that any big projects will be on hold till they decide what they want to do with the training grounds, so they are able to put more money into the football side of the club for the next couple of years. They may do smaller things in the meantime (she mentions she would want to do something with the supporters bar.)

Looks like we are planning on loosening the purse strings then . That is pretty exciting 

54 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Looks like we are planning on loosening the purse strings then . That is pretty exciting 

It is indeed.  Although we've been getting around £6m per season from the benefactors and FOH, a chunk of that money has gone on infrastructure, in particular the fit out of the 2nd floor of the main stand.

We've also been paying off a loan from Bidco since Nov-22, at the rate of approx £125k per month, which accounts for a big chunk of the FOH money.  That loan will be repaid in October, which means we'll have an extra £1.5m a year that could be added to the playing budget, which equates to £30k a week.

I can think of one current player that I'd like to see a big chunk of that money diverted to.  Say an extra £10k per week on wages and a £1m signing fee for a 2 year contract extension, with a £10m buyout clause and 20% of any subsequent transfer fee going to the player.

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It is indeed.  Although we've been getting around £6m per season from the benefactors and FOH, a chunk of that money has gone on infrastructure, in particular the fit out of the 2nd floor of the main stand.

We've also been paying off a loan from Bidco since Nov-22, at the rate of approx £125k per month, which accounts for a big chunk of the FOH money.  That loan will be repaid in October, which means we'll have an extra £1.5m a year that could be added to the playing budget, which equates to £30k a week.

I can think of one current player that I'd like to see a big chunk of that money diverted to.  Say an extra £10k per week on wages and a £1m signing fee for a 2 year contract extension, with a £10m buyout clause and 20% of any subsequent transfer fee going to the player.

Your mind works like mine :) 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Your mind works like mine :) 

I don't know whether that should worry me or not 😄

18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I don't know whether that should worry me or not 😄

Probably , but just go with it 

hisnameis
2 hours ago, Smithian said:

Brilliant news. 

Why would Oriam be as flexible as possible to keep Hearts?

Would imagine we are one of if not the biggest customer for the facility. SFA have stopped using for national team now.

cosanostra

Interesting to see them saying all income will be focused on the playing side. If Shankland and maybe even Cochrane are sold in the summer, this could be an exciting next transfer window. This time next year, Beslija might not be our record signing. 

johnking123

Will be interesting to see who our new shirt sponsors are. Have a feeling we are going to make a lot more money than normally from it. Could be be a way of injecting cash into us,  other than benefactors.

Gorgie_Rules
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Interesting to see them saying all income will be focused on the playing side. If Shankland and maybe even Cochrane are sold in the summer, this could be an exciting next transfer window. This time next year, Beslija might not be our record signing. 

When you consider ourselves and Aberdeen paid a reported €500k - €600k for Shankland/Miovski, it shows you the quality that is out there for that type of fee. I know Hibs played a similar fee for Vente however and not sure what impact he has had. If we can secure the guaranteed European group spot again we could indeed be heading into the most exciting summer window since Vlad.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Oriam is top class, if hearts can remain there then they should imo.

Yep, if we are allowed to develop an area for our own use and get some sort of lifetime/30 year lease then it should be considered. Would cost many millions to get our own training centre of a similar standard. Only alternative is if the benefactors pay for our own place, personally don’t see the need but get the appeal. 

Oda be a JT
6 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It's more seats we need at tyncastle before this

I just wonder if after the training ground/extended lease is sorted if that just might well be the next big investment/project?

Edited by Oda be a JT
Can’t type

kingantti1874

Glad to read this Investing in the oriam has to make sense for all parties.  Take a stake. Improve the facilities still further and secure better terms, share the cost, get the SRU involved as well. 

Another facility makes no sense for anyone imo, we don’t produce enough young talent to get a decent return on that investment.  For oriam they’d have competition in the immediate area. 

scott herbertson

A sensible plan - will put pressure on Oriam to make concessions to keep us as a customer.

And a plan B if they don't

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, Smithian said:

Brilliant news. 

Why would Oriam be as flexible as possible to keep Hearts?

who else uses it? Would be a massive white elephant without hearts. The SRU use it for a couple of months a year 

We should just buy Easter Road and use that as a training ground. We've had plenty training matches there in the past anyway and the owners would 100% sell.

Americana

Id really rather they started looking at investing in expanding the stadium. Demand is ridiculous .

jambo mark
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

I suspect with all he infrastructure in place, the generous benefactor donations will decrease. 

I think these have been purely been for us to increase our own ability to generate our own cash long term. 

AlimOzturk

Oriam is the absoloute dugs nuts of a training centre. Would cost a fortune to get something anywhere near that standard. 

Doubt they would want something getting built which could potentially compete with it either. Keeping Hearts as a customer must be a priority for them. 

Just now, jambo mark said:

I suspect with all he infrastructure in place, the generous benefactor donations will decrease. 

I think these have been purely been for us to increase our own ability to generate our own cash long term. 

Perhaps , but if the whispers about Jimmy Anderson asking if we are thinking big enough when it comes to ambition are true , then perhaps not 

Just have to wait and see really , but it is quite an exciting prospect and fun to ruminate over 

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

:spoton:

Tagawa, right??  😉

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Oriam is the absoloute dugs nuts of a training centre. Would cost a fortune to get something anywhere near that standard. 

Doubt they would want something getting built which could potentially compete with it either. Keeping Hearts as a customer must be a priority for them. 

I hope we build our own facilities up on the Oriam site . Being there just seems to make so much sense to me . Some sort of joint ownership or shareholding there would be my guess as to what we do 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Will be interesting to see who our new shirt sponsors are. Have a feeling we are going to make a lot more money than normally from it. Could be be a way of injecting cash into us,  other than benefactors.

I am intrigued what the sponsor is going to be, the only talk is that its quite an innovative sponsorship deal so intrigued what that entails.

8 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Yeah, I think they will do as well. Though I think the benefactors will still be ready to step in for any big projects.

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It's more seats we need at tyncastle before this

13 minutes ago, Americana said:

Id really rather they started looking at investing in expanding the stadium. Demand is ridiculous .

step forward @Phil D. Corners please.....

Jambo in Bathgate
4 hours ago, hisnameis said:

Would imagine we are one of if not the biggest customer for the facility. SFA have stopped using for national team now.

Definitely a negotiation tactic. Even if we buy the land to build our own. It’ll not cost us anything as we can sell later at a profit. I think the SFA aren’t using it to save money. Lesser Hampden costs nothing also aren’t Queens Park using Hampden? 

AlimOzturk
22 minutes ago, Americana said:

Pretty limited at what we can do with tynecastle. Would mean knocking down stands and rebuilding. 

Not totally against this but would be a huge undertaking and expense. 

Long term though I agree we have to keep catering to new customers. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am intrigued what the sponsor is going to be, the only talk is that its quite an innovative sponsorship deal so intrigued what that entails.

Yeah, I think they will do as well. Though I think the benefactors will still be ready to step in for any big projects.

Re the sponsorship thing . That season where we didnt have a shirt sponsor after ditching Wonga was a smart move . Like the SPFL TV deal we were stuck in a cycle where previous deals were a guide to what a sponsor would pay . When Wonga stumped up early to help us out , we got a ballpark figure of what sort of money we were getting for giving advertisers space on our shirts . I think it was said to be between 50 and 100 thousand if I remember correctly ? If we had just went out and took on a new one that season it would have cheapened our Great War memorial strip for one thing , but more than that it would have locked us back in to a that sort of a market for shirt sponsorship again . That circuit breaker along with the charity tie in sponsorships allowed us to push the cap on what we could demand from sponsorship going forwards . Take FFP and stadium naming rights as an example . Clubs have tried to circumvent FFP by striking massive naming rights deals , but part of the case against them is market value . How can a club justify that much above market value is the argument as far as I can make out . By significantly raising the amount we take in for shirt sponsorship through the charity tie ins we can now point to that as how much we can demand to give up that space . Hopefully someone with a bit of innovation sense akin to what we have at our club can get the SPFL gig soon and they can do something similar with the TV deal , after all we keep getting asked “ why would a broadcaster pay more than they have to ? “

Jim Panzee
17 minutes ago, Americana said:

Youve been waiting for this moment havent you.

like a ferocious kitten waiting to pounce on piece of paper....

AlimOzturk
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Re the sponsorship thing . That season where we didnt have a shirt sponsor after ditching Wonga was a smart move . Like the SPFL TV deal we were stuck in a cycle where previous deals were a guide to what a sponsor would pay . When Wonga stumped up early to help us out , we got a ballpark figure of what sort of money we were getting for giving advertisers space on our shirts . I think it was said to be between 50 and 100 thousand if I remember correctly ? If we had just went out and took on a new one that season it would have cheapened our Great War memorial strip for one thing , but more than that it would have locked us back in to a that sort of a market for shirt sponsorship again . That circuit breaker along with the charity tie in sponsorships allowed us to push the cap on what we could demand from sponsorship going forwards . Take FFP and stadium naming rights as an example . Clubs have tried to circumvent FFP by striking massive naming rights deals , but part of the case against them is market value . How can a club justify that much above market value is the argument as far as I can make out . By significantly raising the amount we take in for shirt sponsorship through the charity tie ins we can now point to that as how much we can demand to give up that space . Hopefully someone with a bit of innovation sense akin to what we have at our club can get the SPFL gig soon and they can do something similar with the TV deal , after all we keep getting asked “ why would a broadcaster pay more than they have to ? “

Hopefully a great showing in the Euros helps to put the Scottish game on the map in terms of future TV deals. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Hopefully a great showing in the Euros helps to put the Scottish game on the map in terms of future TV deals. 

With the idiots that sit on the SPFL board on the case we would probably still end up with a smaller deal . Its the dodgy leading the blind at Hampden 

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Here's hoping 🤞

Any idea what was the most we've spent in recent years? Obviously our record was 850k for Beslija but I'm thinking the closest might be Shankland at 500k..

Daveandal

This ties in with what McKinlay said at a plot ceremony a few years ago. Pros and Cons about staying at the Oriam and owning your own facility clearly had advantages. BUT we currently get to use a world class facility and if we are the main user it should maybe be upgraded to fit our needs rather than the SRUs.*

*It should be noted at a board level we have been building a good relationship with the SRU. Maybe that is about to pay dividends....

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Here's hoping 🤞

Any idea what was the most we've spent in recent years? Obviously our record was 850k for Beslija but I'm thinking the closest might be Shankland at 500k..

850 thousand for Beslija , I think . Possibly Robertson returning before that , or maybe Ferguson ? We had a few 500 thousand players in the early Vlad years like Goncalves and Bruno but I think we might have also had a 700 thousand player around that time , although my memory might be letting me down 

I didn't realise we were still paying Budge back. Brilliant news it will be paid off in october, another £125k to spend is huge! Certainly enough to bump up a certain prolific striker and captains wages... 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Here's hoping 🤞

iirc Robbo was about £750k but think we just bought him back for the same price.

Could the pitch behind the Wheatfield not be utilised? Either for training purposes or some other income generating use?

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

iirc Robbo was about £750k but think we just bought him back for the same price.

I was meaning from Beslija til now, what the most we've spent in more recent years

chrisyboy7
1 hour ago, Oda be a JT said:

I just wonder if after the training ground/extended lease is sorted if that just might well be the next big investment/project?

It should be next up...we need 5/6k more now

4 minutes ago, sac said:

Could the pitch behind the Wheatfield not be utilised? Either for training purposes or some other income generating use?

Believe from the threads about stadium development its been known that the community pitch is actually owned by the Distillery 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Believe from the threads about stadium development its been known that the community pitch is actually owned by the Distillery 

Ah ok, I’m sure the club will have plans for it if they could get hold of it. Cracking space

1 minute ago, sac said:

Ah ok, I’m sure the club will have plans for it if they could get hold of it. Cracking space

Yeah if we wanted to expand the Wheatfield (ignoring all other issues) that space is absolutely crucial. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah if we wanted to expand the Wheatfield (ignoring all other issues) that space is absolutely crucial. 

Yep, could also provide additional parking to the one on the distillery site in Wheatfield place which the pitch backs on to.

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

It should be next up...we need 5/6k more now

We can’t even sell out when we play Rangers and Celtic.  Capacity is least of our concerns.

Hungry hippo
25 minutes ago, sac said:

It's not ours.

Daveandal
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We can’t even sell out when we play Rangers and Celtic.  Capacity is least of our concerns.

Successful ticket exchange as we literally sell more tickets than we have seats.

Waiting list for season tickets.

Capacity is an issue. Just maybe one that can't be solved.