• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Pans Jambo

• Bazzas right boot

• been here before

RustyRightPeg

What's happening to the game I love. Surely it's on a trial basis and major leagues won't do it.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Whats this about???

IMG_0939.jpeg

Just something else to argue about. 🤷‍♂️🥸

Pans Jambo
Just now, davemclaren said:

Just something else to argue about. 🤷‍♂️🥸

Thought its maybe an extremely early April fools or something.

Ferryjambo99

It's a trial. No guarantees at all that it'll be introduced. As a professional journalist Anderson should be mentioning that

davemclaren
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Thought its maybe an extremely early April fools or something.

I thought it might be too. But not much would surprise me re tinkering with the game tbh.  TV companies won't like red cards as it takes away from the spectacle. 

Pans Jambo

Scenario. Hearts 1-0 up at Ibrox with 80 mins played. Shankland spits on the grass to clear the phlegm from the back of his throat.

BLUE CARD for the last 10 mins.

I do like the idea of a sin bin but I dont trust our 'impartial' refs to implement it equally.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

It's a trial. No guarantees at all that it'll be introduced. As a professional journalist Anderson should be mentioning that

Seems a better approach. 

1 minute ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

He is to professional journalism what Peterhead are to professional football.

Will the 10 minutes be based upon ball being in play? If not, can see teams time wasting with injuries etc to run the clock down.

RedStarRiot

Tbh I quite like the idea. Too many teams commit a cynical foul to break up promising attacks. 

Can you imagine VAR trying to decipher whether the referee's yellow card, is actually a red, or a blue card? Be waiting the 10minutes for a decision. 

Then he will be offside anyway, so the foul in the build up that cancelled the goal was irrelevant.

If it wasn’t for Hearts I would be done with football.

Made an arse of VAR and this is only going to go the same way.

brawlad74

Potentially with refs surrounded by several players bending his ear teams could find themselves several men down. Not sure I trust refs with this rule unlike in rugby. What constitutes dissent is of course highly subjective and debatable. 

Bazzas right boot

It's a great idea.

The crowding of the ref and shouting at him needs to stop.

I'd go further, if anyone apart from the captain speaks to the ref they get booked.

Lots of sending off first weekend then the players would learn.

Years if not decades overdue imo.

The feigning of injuries , trying to get players booked, time-wasting,  diving and general shithousery needs clamped down on a well.

It shouldn't be an accepted part of the game, it spoils it.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I don't like this idea. Football is fast becoming extremely complicated, and I don't like further game changing issues being subject to referee discretion. 

Cynical fouls are just part of football. You make the foul, you do so with acceptance you'll likely be booked (or worse!). 

Instead of trying to sinbin players for dissent, how about making a designated Captain & Vice Captain (if the captain is a goalkeeper) and say those are the only players allowed to speak to the referee. Yellow card if any other player attempts to challenge a referees decision. 

Instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with extra cards and all of this overcomplicated shite which reeks of bored committee members coming up with change for changes sake, we actually look at the existing rules and how they can be improved upon. 

Edited by OTT

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scenario. Hearts 1-0 up at Ibrox with 80 mins played. Shankland spits on the grass to clear the phlegm from the back of his throat.

BLUE CARD for the last 10 mins.

I do like the idea of a sin bin but I dont trust our 'impartial' refs to implement it equally.

No need for a sin bin in football. To many people tinkering with the laws of the game and making it become more farcical by the season.

I think it's a great idea, the only drawback that there should be more colours involved. Purple for a 5 minute time-out, brown for a 15 minute time-out, for example. Colour combinations should also be taken into account so that if a team has been issued for example with a yellow and a blue card in quick succession then that should count as a green card which means that the whole team are only allowed to play left-footed for the next 10 minutes. Similarly, a recently issued red card and a blue card should be treated as a violet card which forces every individual player on the team to have to touch both of the touchlines with their boot at least once every two minutes for the next 15 minutes. Football is most definitely safe in the hands of the guardians of its laws.

Pans Jambo
Just now, John Findlay said:

No need for a sin bin in football. To many people tinkering with the laws of the game and making it become more farcical by the season.

No, I quite like how its done in rugby. It would certainly stop quite a bit of the shithoosery that goes on today. Remains to be seen how it actually works though. As mentioned above, there's a trial period first (dont know where).

That is absolute nonsense, just giving power trip, wee man syndrome refs another chance to make a game all about them rather than the teams on the park. Blue cards will surely have to go to VAR to determine whether the foul was cynical or not increasing the number of stoppages and then dissent could vary from ref to ref, one might just give a player a talking to for screaming their head off whereas another might blue card a player for daring to question their decision. But I guess it'll lead to the number of goals being further inflated which is what FIFA want so they can try & appeal to low attention span Americans who don't care about or understand "soccer".

Terrible idea. We don't need anymore changes to the rules. VAR is already becoming a step too far the wrong way. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, gnasher75 said:

Refs have been playing the blue card in Scotland for years...

:fonzie:

33 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What's happening to the game I love. Surely it's on a trial basis and major leagues won't do it.

33 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What an absolute nonsense. 

Just another thing that would work in a less corrupt sport and league than ours 

jamboman9
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Refs have been playing the blue card in Scotland for years...

👏👏

Scottish refs are too protected as it is without this pish, John Beaton would fly blue cards about like confetti 

Bull's-eye

Wont be allowed unless we get a Green Card introduced.

Balance and all that.

Ex member of the SaS

This to me looks like when a new government come to power, they make new laws/rules to make it look like they are doing something and justify their positions.

For example they change the benefits names and thousands of pounds worth of application forms are binned and new ones printed, it doesn't change anything other than the wording or colour.

Some committee trying to justify their existence and trying to look like they are doing the right thing.

Until there’s a campaign to get foreign refs in, then the distrust of the Scottish ones will continue.  This gives yet another weapon for refs to use against 10 clubs. Var has given a huge advantage to the glasgow clubs.   Would we be ahead of rangers in the league if penalties had been awarded properly?

been here before

Cannae be doing with rugby. Its a game for, played by and supported by wanks.

However one thing that I do admire about it is the way thr refs control the game, interact with  and have the respect of the players. Everything through the captain and any shite and the foul is moved further.

Cant see why it cant be implimented in football.

Fxxx the SPFL
29 minutes ago, Chaps said:

If it wasn’t for Hearts I would be done with football.

Made an arse of VAR and this is only going to go the same way.

If it wasn’t for Hearts the penalty kick may never have been introduced I’m sure in nineteen oatcake a Hearts player deliberately handled the ball stopping a certain goal but only a free kick was awarded. Apologies if I’m wrong someone will put me right

Daveandal

I'm not against the idea but the sin bin system works in rugby as there are very clear laws as to what a yellow is. Also the time stops if the ball is not in play.

Football is alot more objective. No two refs are the same in their interpretation of descent.

Daveandal
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Cannae be doing with rugby. Its a game for, played by and supported by wanks.

However one thing that I do admire about it is the way thr refs control the game, interact with  and have the respect of the players. Everything through the captain and any shite and the foul is moved further.

Cant see why it cant be implimented in football.

Not off to Murrayfield this weekend?

been here before
Just now, Daveandal said:

Not off to Murrayfield this weekend?

Aye front row and centre with Finlay, Crawford, Josh, Rory and the guys. Fantastic fun.

52 minutes ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Both words doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

This to me looks like when a new government come to power, they make new laws/rules to make it look like they are doing something and justify their positions.

For example they change the benefits names and thousands of pounds worth of application forms are binned and new ones printed, it doesn't change anything other than the wording or colour.

Some committee trying to justify their existence and trying to look like they are doing the right thing.

This change is nothing like that.

This change is new and would address an area  concern.

been here before

Isnt there also another coloured card getting trialed somewhere that the ref can show if he thinks you're being nice to someone?

Im sure there is.

Bazzas right boot

Clear rule-

Only captain can approach and talk to the ref and question a decision.

Anyone else does- blue card. 

Long overdue in football. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This change is nothing like that.

This change is new and would address an area  concern.

What area of concern? Another card isn't a majour issue with the game, far more important things need sorted.

There’s one rule I’d like to see changed and that’s when your player has to go off the pitch for or after treatment, the player that’s committed the foul should also leave the pitch and both return at the same time or with a sub.

Ex member of the SaS

Just another thought, how many Blue cards does a player get before being sent off permanently? 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Rudy T said:

There’s one rule I’d like to see changed and that’s when your player has to go off the pitch for or after treatment, the player that’s committed the foul should also leave the pitch and both return at the same time or with a sub.

👍