Rule Change?

Pans Jambo

been here before
1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

What area of concern? Another card isn't a majour issue with the game, far more important things need sorted.

So just cause "far more important things need sorted" you're not allowed to look at anything else?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ex member of the SaS

• Pans Jambo

• Bazzas right boot

• been here before

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, been here before said:

So just cause "far more important things need sorted" you're not allowed to look at anything else?

No, I was replying a another poster.

been here before
3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

No, I was replying a another poster.

You know its a public forum? Anyone can join in a thread aye?

Malinga the Swinga

No need for this. Rules already in place to deal with dissent. The referees are just shit scared to apply it fairly and consistently. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, been here before said:

You know its a public forum? Anyone can join in a thread aye?

Sorry but I just don't get your point. Another poster said I was wrong as this addresses an area of concern. I asked what areas, simple really if you real all the posts.

If the referees just showed backbone or didn’t forget the rules, maybe they’d start booking players for feigning injury, waving imaginary cards or for goalies taking too long to take bye kicks.  

Just cut to the chase. We don’t need a middle card. Impose the rules. 

Same with crowding the ref.  Just book right away whoever crowds the ref that isn’t involved in the incident.   

The precedent with nagging, little annoying fouls and gamesmanship should’ve been set a very long time ago but the refs keep blanking it.  

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

If the referees just showed backbone or didn’t forget the rules, maybe they’d start booking players for feigning injury, waving imaginary cards or for goalies taking too long to take bye kicks.  

Just cut to the chase. We don’t need a middle card. Impose the rules. 

Same with crowding the ref.  Just book right away whoever crowds the ref that isn’t involved in the incident.   

The precedent with nagging, little annoying fouls and gamesmanship should’ve been set a very long time ago but the refs keep blanking it.  

Spot on. Refs need less rules to contend with, clearly struggling as is with the application of the rules consistently. This is just more shite they don't need. 

8 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There’s one rule I’d like to see changed and that’s when your player has to go off the pitch for or after treatment, the player that’s committed the foul should also leave the pitch and both return at the same time or with a sub.

Not a good idea.

Every game, someone would go down following a tackle from Shanks (at one end) or/and Kent (at the other) so we lose our best players for whatever minutes.  Treatment could be prolonged unnecessarily.

Pans Jambo

Tell you a rule they need to sort out. The off-side flag stays down until there's a goal, foul, penalty, ball goes out of play.

Nonsense!

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Tell you a rule they need to sort out. The off-side flag stays down until there's a goal, foul, penalty, ball goes out of play.

Nonsense!

Yep a broken leg will result at some point 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not a good idea.

Every game, someone would go down following a tackle from Shanks (at one end) or/and Kent (at the other) so we lose our best players for whatever minutes.  Treatment could be prolonged unnecessarily.

I guess but the current system is in favour of the team committing the foul. Which seems backward.

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, brawlad74 said:

Potentially with refs surrounded by several players bending his ear teams could find themselves several men down. Not sure I trust refs with this rule unlike in rugby. What constitutes dissent is of course highly subjective and debatable. 

The intention is to end dissent. Then that filters down to the grassroots.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I think it's a great idea, the only drawback that there should be more colours involved. Purple for a 5 minute time-out, brown for a 15 minute time-out, for example. Colour combinations should also be taken into account so that if a team has been issued for example with a yellow and a blue card in quick succession then that should count as a green card which means that the whole team are only allowed to play left-footed for the next 10 minutes. Similarly, a recently issued red card and a blue card should be treated as a violet card which forces every individual player on the team to have to touch both of the touchlines with their boot at least once every two minutes for the next 15 minutes. Football is most definitely safe in the hands of the guardians of its laws.

Apparently 2 blues shown to the same player in a match = a red.    So,  much the same as 2 yellows basically (plus 10 minutes off the pitch)

How long till the LGBT lobby demand a pink or rainbow card  be used, just to demonstrate  inclusiveness ?

:facepalm:

Victorian

Allowing Scottish referees more subjective control over game changing decisions is yet another cheats charter.  The definitions of cynical foul and dissent fall right into that.  

Inconsistencies incoming.

brawlad74
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The intention is to end dissent. Then that filters down to the grassroots.

No problem with the intention just worried about the application. We might need more pundits on Sportscene lol

DalryJambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scenario. Hearts 1-0 up at Ibrox with 80 mins played. Shankland spits on the grass to clear the phlegm from the back of his throat.

BLUE CARD for the last 10 mins.

I do like the idea of a sin bin but I dont trust our 'impartial' refs to implement it equally.

Exactly my first thought...here's another tool for the refs to use against us were they see fit and overlook when it helps the old firm.

It's just like the dozens of minor fouls etc they get away with every game, but slowly but surely help them gain an upper hand in tight moments. Alternatively, the identical foul gets non old firm players a card and puts them on the back foot.

DalryJambo

Also, is it a middle card, or just for any example of certain things? So if you talk back to the ref without a yellow card would you get a yellow or a blue? If its a blue, surely that'd just encouraging backchat. If it's only given after a first yellow, upu could argue that its giving the player a bunch of things they can try that only has a small impact. 

This is going to make life even more difficult for the refs.

You only need to look at how many cards each team outside the Glasgow mafia gets in comparison to them to see how this would work out.

25 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Apparently 2 blues shown to the same player in a match = a red.    So,  much the same as 2 yellows basically (plus 10 minutes off the pitch)

How long till the LGBT lobby demand a pink or rainbow card  be used, just to demonstrate  inclusiveness ?

:facepalm:

Ah but how about a blue then a yellow, or a yellow then a blue?

You could get a pink card if you try to tackle and miss, and you have to stand in the corner for 30 seconds

Taylor Bartley Sad GIF - Taylor Bartley Sad Corner GIFs Its all making things really simple 😧

No doubt there will a “green card” for something after Celtic raise concerns.

Seriously though this is yet another “rule” that the thoroughly corrupt officials will use to help out either side of the Old Firm when they need it.

Nice in theory, but in the hands of the clueless pricks we have as Officials it'll only make things worse.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt there will a “green card” for something after Celtic raise concerns.

Seriously though this is yet another “rule” that the thoroughly corrupt officials will use to help out either side of the Old Firm when they need it.

Could get them a job in the US at the same time?

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scenario. Hearts 1-0 up at Ibrox with 80 mins played. Shankland spits on the grass to clear the phlegm from the back of his throat.

I do like the idea of a sin bin but I dont trust our 'impartial' refs to implement it equally.

Exactly where my mind went

3 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Could get them a job in the US at the same time?

With any luck. 😀

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a great idea.

The crowding of the ref and shouting at him needs to stop.

I'd go further, if anyone apart from the captain speaks to the ref they get booked.

Lots of sending off first weekend then the players would learn.

Years if not decades overdue imo.

The feigning of injuries , trying to get players booked, time-wasting,  diving and general shithousery needs clamped down on a well.

It shouldn't be an accepted part of the game, it spoils it.

Re only Captain talking to ref.

That is how it is in ice hockey. If you have a “C” or an”A” on your jersey you can consult with the ref’s. Otherwise you can get two minutes in the “bin”.  
It is mainly enforced when there is a dispute regarding a decision on the ice and players start arguing with the ref’s. 
You still see non captains speaking with ref’s and linesmen when the play is stopped but usually just everyday banter stuff and that is considered ok. 
Football really does need to get a grip with all the jostling around the ref’s though. 

2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Or, red cards for everyone else, blue cards for huns or Tims.

Kick off: 3pm

Full time: 5.30pm?

A midweek cup tie with ET and pens could be a bloody long night.

12 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Or, red cards for everyone else, blue cards for huns or Tims.

The SFA, SPFL, Celtic, Rangers and referee's will be rubbing their hands in glee.

VAR, and any potential threat to the rotten status quo, had to be circumnavigated somehow and this will help.

part_time_jambo

They will have to introduce a green card in Scotland, just to maintain the balance like they usually do.

Thunder and Lightning

Yeah let's just shit on it before the trial has even happened. 

Lets never change anything about the laws of football ever. 

We have some absolute roasters in our support. 

7 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

They will have to introduce a green card in Scotland, just to maintain the balance like they usually do.

Green card you have to play 5 mins without boots

As Delia would say “right stattos, let’s be having you” 

if this were to be introduced, who for this season so far as an example, would benefit the most from these against 10 men power-plays?

Geoff Kilpatrick

How about IFAB actually review the impact of their meddling, such as VAR, before having their next brain fart?

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Allowing Scottish referees more subjective control over game changing decisions is yet another cheats charter.  The definitions of cynical foul and dissent fall right into that.  

Inconsistencies incoming.

Absolutely.      The international rules organisation is possibly well-intentioned in proposing this, but top  they're clearly oblivious to the state of Scottish refereeing.  

Imagine if VAR is allowed to listen in to the players  shouting and swearing at the ref and make the call.     "Willie, I'm hearing that  outrageous abuse you're  getting. Must be that Hearts boy in among the 4 Celtic players - give him a blue."

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe listened

The only situation where I think this is a good idea is, if a player is already booked. So replacing a red card for a second yellow, with a sin bin. 

The second yellow getting a player automatically sent off, is often a disproportionate, harsh punishment which ruins the spectacle of a game. And what’s even more ridiculous is that these type of red can’t be appealed. 

Red card should only occur for grave offences of violent conduct, dangerous tackles etc. but if a player has misjudged a couple of tackles, get a booked for a handball etc, a sending off just seems like a complete nuclear harsh punishment. 2 yellows = sin bin. Then either 1 or 2 further yellows = off 

Bazzas right boot

It's a bit of outcry about nothing. 

Players just can't approach, surround and scream at the ref.

These cards a very avoidable and puts the emphasis on player responsibility to control themselves,  act professional and not be big greetin man babies. 

I'd keep it simpler,  just book them.

1st weekend would be a farce but players would learn.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Tommy Brown
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a bit of outcry about nothing. 

Players just can't approach, surround and scream at the ref.

These cards a very avoidable and puts the emphasis on player responsibility to control themselves,  act professional and not be big greetin man babies. 

I'd keep it simpler,  just book them.

1st weekend would be a farce but players would learn.

Unfortunately. They are discouraged from doing so. From leaders above, from media, from players, from supporters.

Big man's game, if you don't like it, don't take up refereeing.

Filters down the grades and becomes the norm at youth level.

I didnt accept it, call me ***** and I was a ***** back and sent you off.:policeman:

superjack
On 08/02/2024 at 16:44, been here before said:

Cannae be doing with rugby. Its a game for, played by and supported by wanks.

However one thing that I do admire about it is the way thr refs control the game, interact with  and have the respect of the players. Everything through the captain and any shite and the foul is moved further.

Cant see why it cant be implimented in football.

The difference between football and rugby though is that the rules are black and white. Also, why would football players show referees respect, they don't deserve any die to cheating and incompetence. 

In rugby there are time-offs so the sin-binned player does actually miss 10 minutes of play. So in football, if a player was sin-binned and a minute later there was a 5 minute injury stoppage would that be factored in? It could all get ridiculously complicated - and just imagine the arguments and moaning from managers, players and fans. One of the great advantages of football is the lack of stoppages (or at least it was pre-VAR). They really do need to think things like this through.

BlueRiver

I'm not keen on this. 

If refs dished out yellows appropriately for dissent we'd soon see an end to it. As folk have said I can see it being applied very inconsistently as well. 

A rule that only captains of the teams can approach the ref for clarification etc and anyone else doing so equals a yellow would be much better in my opinion than this fannying about.