• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

Naismith has turned out to be an excellent choice . Not a choice I wanted , and a choice I saw failing

McKinlay and everyone else involved in the recruitment of the manager and players deserve credit . Well done folks , you are doing us well

this however does come across as being a bit detached and aloof

……….

Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Naismith has turned out to be an excellent choice . Not a choice I wanted , and a choice I saw failing

McKinlay and everyone else involved in the recruitment of the manager and players deserve credit . Well done folks , you are doing us well

……….

Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are.

But the question is, and this is not having a dig at you personally,  will you be fair if/when we go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak?

Loads on here won't. 

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

……….

Because like him or not ( i do) Steven is a total professional as he has shown throughout his career.He knows that the fans back the club with 18k showing up at home games, a big travelling support, and 8k backing the club financially.He is well aware that as a support we place high demands on our managers,and I think given the right backing Steven is well up to the task.

It reads more like McKinlay asking -why are they like that? 

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

……….

Unlike your good self Sooks, I wanted Naismith to be given a shot, there were times, I must admit, I was doubting him, but I’m glad for him and us it’s going well.

In regards to the part of the interview you quoted, I think it was a thinly veiled dig at the support and there was no need to make that comment.

3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

But the question is, and this is not having a dig at you personally,  will you be fair if/when we go on a 3 or 4 game losing streak?

Loads on here won't. 

It wouldn’t matter who was in charge, if we went on a bad run the usual suspects would appear. It’s not something that is unique to us.

periodictabledancer

"Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are....

Who knew not wanting to watch dire football played by a carousel  of transfer duds while enjoying the financial advantages most of our rivals can only dream of made us "so demanding". 

15 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Loads on here won't. 

I will be as balanced as I was on this winning streak 

Edited by Sooks

Bull's-eye

The CEO obviously spends a lot of time reading Shite on social media instead of interacting with supporters in and around the stadium. I suspect he probably takes all the abusive emails he receives very personally.

He should grow a pair and get out and about and speak to the core support imo. He might be surprised how positive & responsive the majority of supporters really are when not hiding behind a keyboard.

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

"Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are....

Who knew not wanting to watch dire football played by a carousel  of transfer duds while enjoying the financial advantages most of our rivals can only dream of made us "so demanding". 

1000000% on the cash my friend.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The CEO obviously spends a lot of time reading Shite on social media instead of interacting with supporters in and around the stadium. I suspect he probably takes all the abusive emails he receives very personally.

He should grow a pair and get out and about and speak to the core support imo. He might be surprised how positive & responsive the majority of supporters really are when not hiding behind a keyboard.

**** that. Let the kickback arseholes and the twitterati keep him on his toes. 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I will be as balanced as I was on this winning streak 

Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I met him in 1874 at the bar once ………. He is an arrogant and aloof wee swine unfortunately :( 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I met him in 1874 at the bar once ………. He is an arrogant and aloof wee swine unfortunately :( 

So are you on your day.

Selkirkhmfc1874

I had a go at Andrew McInnes at the AGM but to be fair he's made me eat my words and I apologise to him for doubting his and the boards decision 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I had a go at Andrew McInnes at the AGM but to be fair he's made me eat my words and I apologise to him for doubting his and the boards decision 

Mate, please stop apologising to folk. You wanted Naismith binned you started a lot of threads. I still love you. It’s like social media self harm with you just now. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Mate, please stop apologising to folk. You wanted Naismith binned you started a lot of threads. I still love you. It’s like social media self harm with you just now. 

Nah not afraid to hold hands up and say I was spectacularly wrong buddy

Here we go again.   
Out of the extreme positivity, some will find a way to have a dig at senior management. 
He’s quite right to challenge some of the abuse and vitriol which spewed out a couple of weeks into the new managership. 
He should have gone further and asked the question “who was right and who was wrong” with the appointment? 
Can we start a McKinlay out poll?  Fire up the plane again. 
Give it a rest. We are 12 points clear and the new King of Hearts is still here, for the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah not afraid to hold hands up and say I was spectacularly wrong buddy

I get that but you’ve apologised a lot. You just called it like you seen it at the time. Nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by GinRummy

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Didn't buy you a pint then? 😎

part_time_jambo
49 minutes ago, Sooks said:

……….

"the way they are"

comes across as though he disapproves of fans not accepting mediocracy.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pimms or Gin And Tonic drinker I’d wager. 

part_time_jambo
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

1874? He's aged well though.

Go for it 1308
29 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Spot on! Stupid comment from fatso

Bull's-eye
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nailed it !!

Daveandal

We do unfortunately have a bizarre element in our support who just can't be happy. Always hoping something goes wrong. And I don't say that lightly.

I don't think it's demanding it just bizarre.

Just look back at the Aberdeen away thread.. and that was on a good run at the time.

Naismith has bought himself a dodgy result but lose to St Johnstone then Motherwell a few well kent faces will be out reveling in a mini collapse.

The rest of us are thankful more sensible. Long may our form continue. Makes coming in here alot more pleasurable.

The Tackle
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Loads on here won't. 

In my opinion he has earned a little leeway. As long as it’s not obvious he’s lost the dressing room like Nelson had

I want to like Andrew McKinlay. The club is being run very well of the field, we are looking for good players in both hemispheres, the academy is looking better.

But then I remember the embarrassing "we welcome the challenge of Aberdeen" comment and the entire "McAvoy is the manager" workaround with the coaching licenses.

I think if he can just inject 10% more humility into his comments and find a way to get Naismith properly licensed before next season's European match, I'll give McKinlay a solid B+/A-. He's made some decisions I wasn't high on and they've tended to work out.

Pasquale for King

He really cant help himself, every time he opens his mouth he offends the fans in one way oe the other. Just as well we dont pay his wages or own the club eh 😆

Clear few
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Tbf I think its a tendency of men of a certain age who have an important mans “lunch” belly.

Wallace Mercer was very much the same when I met him.

Tories and arrogance very much bed fellows……..

Clear few

👆let me be clear I want him to be successful and would like to like him but I get the impression from his utterances that we are an irritation to him. 

1971fozzy

Publicity isn’t for him to be honest. He is rather unlikeable for many. Reeks of I told you so from his AGM spats.

no need to rock the boat when all is going better than it has since the Burley era

Edited by 1971fozzy

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Publicity isn’t for him to be honest. He is rather unlikeable for many. Reeks of I told you so from his AGM spats.

no need to rock the boat when all is going better than it has since the Burley era

Correct, he should just sit in his office smugly eating his chocolate digestive biscuits while looking forward to his end of season bonus for a job very likely well done.   😎

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Jesus Christ. 

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He really cant help himself, every time he opens his mouth he offends the fans in one way oe the other. Just as well we dont pay his wages or own the club eh 😆

Think he maybe needs reminding of that 

strikes me as “they are lucky to have me” type 

Bob Loblaw

I'm not a massive fan of him, but I fail to see what he's said that's so controversial.  We have a demanding support base, it's why Neilson was sacked, rightly IMO, but no many other clubs get rid at that point.

Saying Naismith understands the demands of the fans isn't some kind of dig. It's also true that if we'd gotten a manager from outside the club that they might've been taken aback by it.

It's also not just online as alluded to by some, is it? The support at Tynie was regularly booing earlier in the season.

He comes across as arrogant at times but I think there's not that much to be concerned about in that article tbh.

Voice of reason

Really positive comments about Naismith’s attitude and work ethic. He’s the first manager for a while that I can see leaving us because he’s been poached by a bigger club rather than sacked. Been a really great appointment. 

John Findlay
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You get offended easily. He has never offended me.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not a massive fan of him, but I fail to see what he's said that's so controversial.  We have a demanding support base, it's why Neilson was sacked, rightly IMO, but no many other clubs get rid at that point.

Saying Naismith understands the demands of the fans isn't some kind of dig. It's also true that if we'd gotten a manager from outside the club that they might've been taken aback by it.

It's also not just online as alluded to by some, is it? The support at Tynie was regularly booing earlier in the season.

He comes across as arrogant at times but I think there's not that much to be concerned about in that article tbh.

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Think he maybe needs reminding of that 

strikes me as “they are lucky to have me” type 

Exactly, he doesn’t lack confidence, considering he got his wife to get him the job. 

lost in space
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Great Post.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You get offended easily. He has never offended me.

Where did I say I was offended, maybe get someone to read it for you.

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, he doesn’t lack confidence, considering he got his wife to get him the job. 

I am sure he would be upset at us paying his “ wages” - salary surely 😳😂

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Tbf I think its a tendency of men of a certain age who have an important mans “lunch” belly.

Wallace Mercer was very much the same when I met him.

Tories and arrogance very much bed fellows……..

Spot on

Pasquale for King
Just now, merrymac said:

I am sure he would be upset at us paying his “ wages” - salary surely 😳😂

Over inflated surely 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you're not a Hearts fan?