GinRummy

kingantti1874
21 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If he said nothing, the same bampots would be moaning that the club doesn't communicate with the fans and that the silence is deafening!

Some folk just need to moan, things on the field are OK so the group turns to shite like this to get their knickers in a twist about.

It's so predictable as well.

As long as their happy I guess.

Key thing about communication is the right message pushed through the right channels. On this occasion.  

He could have used official club channels to say we are delighted with Lawrence, talks are on hold so that we can maintain focus on the pitch but that’s he’s sure more talks will take place as the season unfolds.

he could have said talks are progressing well with other players and hopeful good news will be shared soon. 

that’s all he needed to do. Not run his mouth off to a hostile press.  Being CEO is a big deal, it required skill and judgement. This has been lacking of late and he deserves the flack.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Key thing about communication is the right message pushed through the right channels. On this occasion.  

He could have used official club channels to say we are delighted with Lawrence, talks are on hold so that we can maintain focus on the pitch but that’s he’s sure more talks will take place as the season unfolds.

he could have said talks are progressing well with other players and hopeful good news will be shared soon. 

that’s all he needed to do. Not run his mouth off to a hostile press.  Being CEO is a big deal, it required skill and judgement. This has been lacking of late and he deserves the flack.

There is nothing wrong with what he said. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

In your opinion.

In my opinion talking to a hostile press in these terms is naive, in my opinion talking to them about private negations with players is worse, in my opinion talking about prices for our players with media who have behaved laughably over the past 4 weeks is embarrassing. How stupid he will look if Beni or Gordon decide to move on now. 

its not common practice for a CEO to do these things. It’s tinpot, and he’s done it to garner attention.

Edited by kingantti1874

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nobody with a modicum of sense thinks he has.

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

In your opinion.

In my opinion talking to a hostile press in these terms is naive, in my opinion talking to them about private negations with players is worse, in my opinion talking about prices for our players with media who have behaved laughably over the past 4 weeks is embarrassing.

its not common practice for a CEO to do these things. It’s tinpot, and he’s done it to garner attention.

Id suggest everytime he speaks lately you give him more attention than anybody.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

In your opinion.

In my opinion talking to a hostile press in these terms is naive, in my opinion talking to them about private negations with players is worse, in my opinion talking about prices for our players with media who have behaved laughably over the past 4 weeks is embarrassing. How stupid he will look if Beni or Gordon decide to move on now. 

It's quite common for a club to speak publicly about a player who has been in the media and has a lot of speculation and even mention prices.

He won't look stupid at all, players can change their minds.

You seem to get triggered very easily.

If he said nothing folk would be moaning their arses off about the silence.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Nobody with a modicum of sense thinks he has.

Explains the reaction by some then.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In your opinion.

:spoton:

saxondale
19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's quite common for a club to speak publicly about a player who has been in the media and has a lot of speculation and even mention prices.

Exactly, there is literally no winning with these people; which can only mean they have an odd agenda against McKinley and will therefore continue to not look at things from a balanced and reasonable perspective - ie the facts.

saxondale
5 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Tainted Scottish cup win because Jefferies lifted the cup with his chubby fingers? 

:interehjrling:

Paulo Sergio wasn’t exactly trim either…are any of our Scottish cup wins legitimate!?

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Paulo Sergio wasn’t exactly trim either…are any of our Scottish cup wins legitimate!?

Valdaa was a fine figure of a man.  Rix was pretty thin as well. 🥸

Mr Rabbit
6 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Give them back!

Who gives a shit really. As long as we’re getting results he can say what he likes. Must be doing something right.

innerjambo
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

In your opinion.

This, very naive, or downright stupid. He obviously likes the sound of his own voice. It's a pity he doesn't engage his brain while doing it.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who gives a shit really. As long as we’re getting results he can say what he likes. Must be doing something right.

👍

soonbe110
On 06/02/2024 at 11:47, JimmyCant said:

If we hadn’t been so demanding Cathro would have been kept longer

If we hadn’t been so demanding Levein would still be there

If we hadn’t been so demanding Neilson would still be there

If we hadn’t been so demanding we’d still be seeing a full stand of OF fans 4 times a season

Demanding is good. We are the owners so demanding comes with the territory when you’re an employee like Mckinlay or Naismith or Savage or Shankland

If you can’t handle ‘demanding’ or you question it, you’ve no business being at Hearts.

Football related statements should be made and owned by Joe Savage. That’s what he’s paid for and I don’t believe we’ve had a public word from him for months. Maybe he can’t handle ‘demanding’ either

’Why are they like that?’ Because we’d be like Hibs if we weren’t 

McKinlay is Savage’s boss. He is entitled to say anything he wants about football dept as it reports to him. 

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McKinlay is Savage’s boss. He is entitled to say anything he wants about football dept as it reports to him. 

I’m not doubting his entitlement. I’m doubting his appropriateness 

Watt-Zeefuik

I read the thread before I read the article and I was expecting some sort of horrific misstatement.

Goodness. He said we're demanding. He never implied that was a bad thing, just that you need a manager who's okay with a demanding fanbase, and noted that Naismith is one. Nothing to soil the trousers over.

I don't really have an opinion on whether I like McKinlay personally or not, and I suppose I could care less if I really tried but it'd be difficult. The club outside the footballing department is being expertly run and we had a fine and calm transfer window just now. The team are in fine form and my worries about Naismith have been thoroughly put to rest. (I can't say I personally like Naismith that much from his media appearances either but again I really don't care if I like him or not.) 

That's what I'll judge McKinlay on and by those merits he gets five stars.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don’t really tbh. I’m not sitting here getting upset.  I’ve been nothing but supportive of the board. If they do something good I’ll highlight and praise it, if they do something stupid I’ll highlight that also. People have a right to moan when things aren’t right. We do pay his wages after all.

kingantti1874
51 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Exactly, there is literally no winning with these people; which can only mean they have an odd agenda against McKinley and will therefore continue to not look at things from a balanced and reasonable perspective - ie the facts.

I don’t have any agenda against McKinley so hopefully I’m not one of “these people”

it’s out of order to call him fat, his words on Naismith were fine, he was right that we are demanding and so we bloody should be, he’s not done much wrong in his time at the club.

However, his public statement of time-limits during the transfer window was naive, open to interpretation and brought unnecessary attention to the player, the club and sparked unnecessary speculation from the media and opposition fans.

He has now compounded that by publicly talking about negotiations with 2 other players and publicly talking about fees.

More communication is necessary and welcome. But it needs to be measured and well thought out.  This communication has not benefitted hearts, our players or the fans in any way at all.  

his words were open to being twisted, and if the reported deals don’t come to fruition he’s made himself and the club look stupid.  It’s poor, not the sort of thing I’d expect from an experienced individual. Hes clearly not a skilled communicator so best if he says nothing. Let someone else do it

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t really tbh. I’m not sitting here getting upset.  I’ve been nothing but supportive of the board. If they do something good I’ll highlight and praise it, if they do something stupid I’ll highlight that also. People have a right to moan when things aren’t right. We do pay his wages after all.

Yes, you do have that right to moan. 

I also have the right to question why you  are getting your knickers in a twist and state he said nothing was wrong.

I also help pay his wages.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t have any agenda against McKinley so hopefully I’m not one of “these people”

it’s out of order to call him fat, his words on Naismith were fine, he was right that we are demanding and so we bloody should be, he’s not done much wrong in his time at the club.

However, his public statement of time-limits during the transfer window was naive, open to interpretation and brought unnecessary attention to the player, the club and sparked unnecessary speculation from the media and opposition fans.

He has now compounded that by publicly talking about negotiations with 2 other players and publicly talking about fees.

More communication is necessary and welcome. But it needs to be measured and well thought out.  This communication has not benefitted hearts, our players or the fans in any way at all.  

his words were open to being twisted, and if the reported deals don’t come to fruition he’s made himself and the club look stupid.  It’s poor, not the sort of thing I’d expect from an experienced individual. Hes clearly not a skilled communicator so best if he says nothing. Let someone else do it

It benefited me, I thought it clarified a few things.

There was nothing too exciting or controversial,  just an update on topical subjects.

You on the other hand seems to have taken something else from it and seem rather angry. 

Lone Striker
On 05/02/2024 at 20:53, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not a massive fan of him, but I fail to see what he's said that's so controversial.  We have a demanding support base, it's why Neilson was sacked, rightly IMO, but no many other clubs get rid at that point.

Saying Naismith understands the demands of the fans isn't some kind of dig. It's also true that if we'd gotten a manager from outside the club that they might've been taken aback by it.

It's also not just online as alluded to by some, is it? The support at Tynie was regularly booing earlier in the season.

He comes across as arrogant at times but I think there's not that much to be concerned about in that article tbh.

Yeah, I agree with your assessment of his comments.  Not really bothered aby anything in that.

He is what he is - which is a sports CEO who's never been in charge of a football club before.  Scottish Golf and the SFA are nothing like a  football club with passionate fans.   So long as he's making decent decisions, I'm fine with that.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It benefited me, I thought it clarified a few things.

There was nothing too exciting or controversial,  just an update on topical subjects.

You on the other hand seems to have taken something else from it and seem rather angry. 

You keep stating I’m angry when it couldn’t be further from the truth. If you don’t understand why his interview was weak and ill judged then maybe that says more about your ability to judge.  Who knows. 

saxondale
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Valdaa was a fine figure of a man.  Rix was pretty thin as well. 🥸

Ha true, that's one legitimate Scottish cup then!

Rix I'd rather forget about...

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

You keep stating I’m angry when it couldn’t be further from the truth. If you don’t understand why his interview was weak and ill judged then maybe that says more about your ability to judge.  Who knows. 

It isn’t a fact the interview was weak or ill judged, that’s your opinion. So it says nothing about anyone’s ability to judge. 

Lots of people were unsure of the reasoning behind the deadline and our stance on what it would take to get the club round the table. He’s tried to clarify that. You’re coming across as bitter with an ulterior motive by your reaction. That is just as much a fact as your weak and ill judged comment. 

saxondale
On 07/02/2024 at 16:18, kingantti1874 said:

Not directed at you mate, for the reasons you give.

I don't agree with your view on his communication though, and I also don't think it's really a big deal - so not really worth focusing on too much.

kingantti1874
On 07/02/2024 at 19:15, Dazo said:

It isn’t a fact the interview was weak or ill judged, that’s your opinion. So it says nothing about anyone’s ability to judge. 

Lots of people were unsure of the reasoning behind the deadline and our stance on what it would take to get the club round the table. He’s tried to clarify that. You’re coming across as bitter with an ulterior motive by your reaction. That is just as much a fact as your weak and ill judged comment. 

no ulterior motive. My support for this board had been consistent and clear since the outset.

It’s my opinion that he should not have talked about the contract negotiations during the window, there should have been no public declaration of a deadline as it hasn’t made a single bit of difference and he should no be publicly talking about contract negotiations with players when they remain unsigned 

It not an opinion that it’s not a typical thing for a CEO to do. Its not unproductive and borderline unprofessional.

I’ll praise when they do well, and criticise when I don’t like it. Simple stuff 

Jambo in Bathgate

People need to stop reading into things. We are one of the best three teams in Scotland wirhout tbe bigotry. Had we the other two’s income. We’d be up there every year.