GinRummy

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

"Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are....

Who knew not wanting to watch dire football played by a carousel  of transfer duds while enjoying the financial advantages most of our rivals can only dream of made us "so demanding". 

Indeed 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

1971fozzy
22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct, he should just sit in his office smugly eating his chocolate digestive biscuits while looking forward to his end of season bonus for a job very likely well done.   😎

Bonus you say 🤣.  God forbid

davemclaren
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Bonus you say 🤣.  God forbid

Results, results... 😄

Pasquale for King

So when the fans at the AGM were sceptical about Naismith he said well thats who you wanted, now he knew all along he was the right man for the job and wants credit for it?

Byyy The Light

I can’t warm to him but he hasn’t actually said anything wrong.

He’s taken a lot of personal abuse based on a lot of stuff fans made up in their heads. At this moment in time he’s been proven to be right and the fans who were abusing him wrong.

Sometimes people just have one of those demeanours that rubs folk up the wrong way.

I think he probably knows that himself which is why he kept in the background. Which ironically, is one of the things he took abuse for 😄

Edited by Byyy The Light

Bull's-eye

The more I see the calibre of poster on here not liking the fella, the more I like him. 

gar jambo
4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I dont like the guy. 

Reminds me of the Pie man   Pompass ass 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So when the fans at the AGM were sceptical about Naismith he said well thats who you wanted, now he knew all along he was the right man for the job and wants credit for it?

Saved me typing that. 

And what’s all this ‘they’ nonsense do the board not demand high standards. How about ‘we’ as in everyone associated with the club as one. He’s got a massive them and us complex we’re just the little people who pump money in but should accept he’s right all the time. Really can’t take to the man just comes across as an arrogant tosser.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Saved me typing that. 

And what’s all this ‘they’ nonsense do the board not demand high standards. How about ‘we’ as in everyone associated with the club as one. He’s got a massive them and us complex we’re just the little people who pump money in but should accept he’s right all the time. Really can’t take to the man just comes across as an arrogant tosser.

Exactly.
That seems to be the main consensus on him. 

Saint Jambo

Hearts fans are demanding and have high standards. I really don't see why people are upset that McKinley has said so. He wasn't critical of us having those standards. In the past the criticism levelled at our Board has often been that they don't understand the club and their standards are too low. Seems like no matter what he says, some people will find fault.

I met him a couple of times in a professional context when he was in a previous role and he was a perfectly nice guy. He also had a good reputation

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, merrymac said:

Because like him or not ( i do) Steven is a total professional as he has shown throughout his career.He knows that the fans back the club with 18k showing up at home games, a big travelling support, and 8k backing the club financially.He is well aware that as a support we place high demands on our managers,and I think given the right backing Steven is well up to the task.

It reads more like McKinlay asking -why are they like that? 

He couldnt resist. Sounds like he wants to dampen expectations.

Im left wondering if he thinks pulling away as a standalone 3rd power is unrealstic.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

The CEO obviously spends a lot of time reading Shite on social media instead of interacting with supporters in and around the stadium. I suspect he probably takes all the abusive emails he receives very personally.

He should grow a pair and get out and about and speak to the core support imo. He might be surprised how positive & responsive the majority of supporters really are when not hiding behind a keyboard.

Certainly sounds like it, again. 

colinzeal

What happened to that interview with McKinley that was coming up on the official website? Was it ever released? 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

McKinlay is a fat bellend.

Hobbo?

or

Got your Season ticket taken off you for vaping in the bogs?  

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

What happened to that interview with McKinley that was coming up on the official website? Was it ever released? 

Yes. On YouTube. 

colinzeal
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes. On YouTube. 

Thanks, had only seen the teaser clip. 

karipidis
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I'm not a massive fan of him, but I fail to see what he's said that's so controversial.  We have a demanding support base, it's why Neilson was sacked, rightly IMO, but no many other clubs get rid at that point.

Saying Naismith understands the demands of the fans isn't some kind of dig. It's also true that if we'd gotten a manager from outside the club that they might've been taken aback by it.

It's also not just online as alluded to by some, is it? The support at Tynie was regularly booing earlier in the season.

He comes across as arrogant at times but I think there's not that much to be concerned about in that article tbh.

Spot on. 

Kirky Jambo

Wish he had just kept his mouth shut to be honest, last time he did a piece about how well we were doing it came back to bite him massively and even that weirdo Aberdeen chairman was ripping the pish out of him.

We should have enough to comfortably see out third place but if we somehow mess it up this article won’t age well.

Section Q
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Correct, he should just sit in his office smugly eating his chocolate digestive biscuits while looking forward to his end of season bonus for a job very likely well done.   😎

Nots so long ago he was copping flak for being invisible. The bloke can't win.....😁

jimbojambo

At the AGM he was like a rabbit in the headlights and he wasn't able to let the negativity wash over him like Budge and Anderson who refused to bite. I think he just struggled to connect with what you might call the working class element of our support like Gary Locke does so well and he'd never be up for nipping into the Tynecastle Arms to mix with the fans as he's not from that background. That said he's been a good CEO in terms of how the club operates and that's what's important rather than if he'd be good company for a few pints. 

Go for it 1308

"Steven's also very understanding of the demands of the Hearts fans. Other people might say 'why are they like that?', 'why are they so demanding?' but he's never said anything like that, he accepts the way they are."

Why and what, exactly are some 'other' people saying that we are....

'so demanding' McKinley? We have 'ponied' up with with our FOH donations and are still doing so. Don't take Hearts fans for granted you fat fud

Edited by Go for it 1308

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Didn't buy you a pint then? 😎

:lol: 

No , the gall of the man 

Andrew McKinley comes across pretty poorly with some of his comments.

Nigh on 20k at every home game, fantastic following on the road, millions of £££ pumped in, and McKinley says people question why we demand a certain standard. I don't believe for a minute that's come from anybody else other than him.

Bit of a w@nker.

Oda be a JT

To be fair to him his comments on Shankland are a bit of a relief to hear, there was no danger we were going to undersell Shanks for anything less than a Scottish transfer record (Mutant from Hibs - Celtic for £4.5m).

Some were thinking we’d buckle for £2-3m, where most valued him at £5m.

Valois No1

Really good comments about Naismith but if you read between the lines he is absolutely having a go at the fans and doing in publicly. Personally, I really don’t like him. His comments about cheating and the SFA were either that of a blind man or a man sticking up for his buddies. His comments about the fans being demanding is a total dig and unwelcome. 

Strange that so many are offended but no one has said he is wrong. Guess some people just don’t like a mirror pointed at them. 

I doubt there is a worse crowd to play in front of when things aren’t going well. The abuse the players and manager take can be brutal some times. 

Valois No1

Nonsense, I have the misfortune of going to Motherwell and St Johnstone as my nephews are supporters and I’ll take them along at times. Their teams get the same abuse when things aren’t going well….rightly or wrongly.

Oh and McKinley is wrong to sneakily slate the fans so publicly. He thinks he is being cute with his wording……he’s not. 

KyleLafferty

He’s said nothing wrong, there is a lot of hearts fans who are arseholes at games. I’ve watched countless podcasts on Scottish football and at the time Neilson was sacked they couldn’t believe hearts fans reaction. 

Us fans are demanding, we actually demand to win every game which is strange considering we’ve only finished 3rd back to back in the league once? 

But that’s the standards at the club. As a CEO he’s doing a great job, needs to be a better speaker in the press and he seems to have learned his lesson from last year.

Go for it 1308
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

He’s said nothing wrong, there is a lot of hearts fans who are arseholes at games. I’ve watched countless podcasts on Scottish football and at the time Neilson was sacked they couldn’t believe hearts fans reaction. 

Us fans are demanding, we actually demand to win every game which is strange considering we’ve only finished 3rd back to back in the league once? 

But that’s the standards at the club. As a CEO he’s doing a great job, needs to be a better speaker in the press and he seems to have learned his lesson from last year.

I'd just like him to clarify what these "other people" are "demanding "? If its to win as many games possible and a cup, then WTF? What does he expect the fans want? A really stupid comment from him. I don't like him

AlimOzturk

Tbh if the fans weren’t as passionate and demanding as they are McKinnly wouldn’t have a job. The club would be dead. 

He better not forget who pays his wage and stop insulting us. 

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'd just like him to clarify what these "other people" are "demanding "? If its to win as many games possible and a cup, then WTF? What does he expect the fans want? A really stupid comment from him. I don't like him

Ps. I'll rephrase ' I don't like him' . He's a prick

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tbh if the fans weren’t as passionate and demanding as they are McKinnly wouldn’t have a job. The club would be dead. 

So when you say it it is a positive and passionate thing, when he says it it’s insulting and negative ? 

I think there is a possibility people are using their dislike for the man to twist his comments. Go ask our last manager how demanding the fans are then tell me he is wrong. Why not take this at face value, we are demanding and SN is equipped to deal with it. This has been shown by the way he has guided us through the slow start when many on here were screaming for him to be sacked. 

I just want to hear him taking a strong stance on referees. Need to recruit out with the west coast and ensure greater balance with the expectation that this increased competition from across Scotland will drive standards and lead to better quality referees. 

Valois No1
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So when you say it it is a positive and passionate thing, when he says it it’s insulting and negative ? 

I think there is a possibility people are using their dislike for the man to twist his comments. Go ask our last manager how demanding the fans are then tell me he is wrong. Why not take this at face value, we are demanding and SN is equipped to deal with it. This has been shown by the way he has guided us through the slow start when many on here were screaming for him to be sacked. 

I get your point that we are demanding and he is stating the truth but he is absolutely using that as a dig at the fans…..not just stating that we are demanding. It’s not worth us all getting in a tiz about it but he is a very unlikeable man that believes the SFA are an honest and fair organisation which they are not. If he was looking out for Hearts he would be using his considerable weight to ask for changes starting with refereeing recruitment. 

Go for it 1308
14 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

I get your point that we are demanding and he is stating the truth but he is absolutely using that as a dig at the fans…..not just stating that we are demanding. It’s not worth us all getting in a tiz about it but he is a very unlikeable man that believes the SFA are an honest and fair organisation which they are not. If he was looking out for Hearts he would be using his considerable weight to ask for changes starting with refereeing recruitment. 

'considerable weight ' 👏 

joondalupjambo

He is a professional CEO and has operated in Edinburgh's upper echelons when he was in the golf and rugby roles.  He is not a pie and pint man drinking in the Diggers but more a G&T guy having a banter with chums in the Cumberland.  I might be 100% wrong but I think this is why he comes across as he does with football fans.  Not sure it would matter what football club he was at it would be the same.  Not the types he mixes with therefore comes across aloof.  Have said it on a few threads about him but he will move onto his next position when he either starts failing and gets grief, gets board or sees more pound notes in another role.

kingantti1874

I was going to praise him yesterday for his comments in Naismith.  Only to read today him reveal internal discussions on contract negotiations. 

he needs to learn to shut his mouth. That’s twice, he shouldn’t have been talking about it during the window and he shouldn’t be talking about it now.  He especially shouldn’t be talking to west coast media wanks

SHUT YOUR MOUTH ANDREW

Gordon Ramsay
9 hours ago, Sid said:

Hobbo?

or

Got your Season ticket taken off you for vaping in the bogs?  

Neither.

Just stating my opinion of the man.

59 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Exactly, especially the 1st paragraph.👏👏

30 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

15 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

'considerable weight ' 👏 

Sums up perfectly the pettiness of some football fans. Spend their days frothing at the mouth chucking insults about at players, managers and CEO’s but don’t dare give a bit back because I’ll get all upset and insulted. :rofl:

I don’t particularly like the man but can’t say he’s upset or insulted me, well apart from the farting and burping. 

Really hard to like the guy, I dunno what it is about him but I can’t take to him. 

lost in space

Ann probably said to him previously that he wasn't visible enough.

She will now be saying, OK Andrew, you were right - you can stick to your office now.

Go for it 1308
17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sums up perfectly the pettiness of some football fans. Spend their days frothing at the mouth chucking insults about at players, managers and CEO’s but don’t dare give a bit back because I’ll get all upset and insulted. :rofl:

I don’t particularly like the man but can’t say he’s upset or insulted me, well apart from the farting and burping. 

He can insult me all he wants. He's still a fat prick and shouldn't have said what he said...simples 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

He can insult me all he wants. He's still a fat prick and shouldn't have said what he said...simples 

I’m presuming you’re of a chiselled toned physique yourself? A picture of health some may say?

Personal digs are just weird and uncalled for.

OmiyaHearts
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Over inflated surely 

Nah, I just think he's fat.

Thank goodness we are demanding.

The alternative is being like the Hibs support.

They expect and accept mediocrity as being part of their "Hibby journey". They have also, pretty much, thrown in the towel, derby wise, as something they just can't do anything about. 

Who the feck would want Hearts supporters to have that kind of loser mentality?

If anything, we're not demanding enough. 😊