GinRummy

jimbojambo
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Nah, I just think he's fat.

I remember Savage getting called the same. Fat shaming for doing their jobs and fairly well at that. And same fans are too sensitive if he makes a dig back? 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

May one-six

The Mods should be taking action on this thread. It's descending into the very worse of social media. I have never met Andrew McKinlay and have no idea what he's like as a person but some of the people calling him out need to have a very serious word with themselves. 

Jambo in Bathgate
57 minutes ago, May one-six said:

The Mods should be taking action on this thread. It's descending into the very worse of social media. I have never met Andrew McKinlay and have no idea what he's like as a person but some of the people calling him out need to have a very serious word with themselves. 

Exactly! You can disagree without resorting to names. Just people hiding behind the keyboard. 

If a st mirren ,motherwell etc had the same amount of cash pumped into them by the fans would any of them not be so called "demanding" ? I personally think that the hearts support are too forgiving.he will constantly start on the hearts support for any reason he can.and is not very good at disguising his snidey comments.no time for him whatsoever.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m presuming you’re of a chiselled toned physique yourself? A picture of health some may say?

Personal digs are just weird and uncalled for.

I have actually...I'm up at half 5 every morning lifting weights. I'm 58 but I love getting pished and eating crap now and again. I just don't take it to extremes  like McKinlay 🙂

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I remember Savage getting called the same. Fat shaming for doing their jobs and fairly well at that. And same fans are too sensitive if he makes a dig back? 

The thing about calling folk fat on here is you just know that half the folk saying it are big tubsters themselves. This place is mostly middle aged men and upwards, you only need to look at the folk in that age group that rock up at Tynecastle to see most of is are carrying a bit of excess weight.

Malinga the Swinga

So basically we reserve the right to complain, abuse and demand whatever we as Hearts supporters see fit, but if any journalist or employee rights anything that criticises, or in this case, could be perceived by the more delicate of supporters who have a special power of reading between the lines, even if there is no space between the lines, we will also complain, abuse and demand apologies.

Seems some folk just like being angry, a label I'm tarred with, but not on this occasion.

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

I wouldn't trust a man who can't control his appetite and weight, to control my football club.

Ex member of the SaS

Never met him, don't know him, some of the personal insults are way beyond what is acceptable. No matter what you think of him and how he does his job the personal stuff is out of order. Call him out for being a twat, not doing his job or any other reason but resorting to saying he's fat / whatever has nothing to do with his ability or otherwise doing his job.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts seem to be doing very well, on and off the pitch, seems quite hard for some to comprehend or rather swallow. 

Don't think I would have a beer with the guy, nor would he with me, but who cares really.

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I wouldn't trust a man who can't control his appetite and weight, to control my football club.

You don't trust many people in life then.

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Thank goodness we are demanding.

The alternative is being like the Hibs support.

They expect and accept mediocrity as being part of their "Hibby journey". They have also, pretty much, thrown in the towel, derby wise, as something they just can't do anything about. 

Who the feck would want Hearts supporters to have that kind of loser mentality?

If anything, we're not demanding enough. 😊

Amen to all of the above. 

Hearts1975

Some of the comments on this thread are an absolute joke

He is here to do a job, not to be liked, and as far as I can see, is doing a good enough job.

I can't understand why there is still some that feel the need to slag him over his weight. 

Put things in context .... We are 12 points clear in 3rd, shanks is still with us, and naisy is doing well 

just enjoy it rather than try and poke holes in an article from the CEO 

WageThief

Hearts fans demand CEO steps down for claiming Hearts fans are demanding

Edited by WageThief

KyleLafferty
4 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I'd just like him to clarify what these "other people" are "demanding "? If its to win as many games possible and a cup, then WTF? What does he expect the fans want? A really stupid comment from him. I don't like him

If you read other press/podcasts people can be shocked about the demands of hearts fans. The expectations amongst us is very very high. That one defeat is a nightmare, a player making a mistake means he’s rubbish.

JimmyCant

If we hadn’t been so demanding Cathro would have been kept longer

If we hadn’t been so demanding Levein would still be there

If we hadn’t been so demanding Neilson would still be there

If we hadn’t been so demanding we’d still be seeing a full stand of OF fans 4 times a season

Demanding is good. We are the owners so demanding comes with the territory when you’re an employee like Mckinlay or Naismith or Savage or Shankland

If you can’t handle ‘demanding’ or you question it, you’ve no business being at Hearts.

Football related statements should be made and owned by Joe Savage. That’s what he’s paid for and I don’t believe we’ve had a public word from him for months. Maybe he can’t handle ‘demanding’ either

’Why are they like that?’ Because we’d be like Hibs if we weren’t 

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If we hadn’t been so demanding we’d still be seeing a full stand of OF fans 4 times a season

Demanding is good. We are the owners so demanding comes with the territory when you’re an employee like Mckinlay or Naismith or Savage or Shankland

If you can’t handle ‘demanding’ or you question it, you’ve no business being at Hearts.

Football related statements should be made and owned by Joe Savage. That’s what he’s paid for and I don’t believe we’ve had a public word from him for months. Maybe he can’t handle ‘demanding’ either

You can't seriously believe any of that Shite, seriously  :rofl:

AlphonseCapone

Tbf, there are folk at Tynecastle that start losing the head at the slightest thing not going right for us and there have been times where folk have booed at HT which I found a bit too much. It has been stated by others at the club, including Naismith, about how the players heads can go down and they can lose confidence with the groans in the crowd. Seems like it's a topic of discussion with the club. Some will say professional footballers should be able to handle it, others will say humans are humans and at the end of the day some will be more sensitive and we don't want to negatively impact our own players. I'm not sure this is a uniquely Hearts fans thing though?

That said, Hearts fan quite rightly have high expectations. We're a passionate bunch, have experienced some pretty horrendous lows including an existential crisis and pour in a significant amount of cash every month. There's nothing wrong with expecting the guys pulling on the jersey to consistently perform at a certain level. It's probably about how that's best expressed that can be the issue sometimes.

kingantti1874
27 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Some of the comments on this thread are an absolute joke

He is here to do a job, not to be liked, and as far as I can see, is doing a good enough job.

I can't understand why there is still some that feel the need to slag him over his weight. 

Put things in context .... We are 12 points clear in 3rd, shanks is still with us, and naisy is doing well 

just enjoy it rather than try and poke holes in an article from the CEO 

do you think talking about contract negotiations before they are signed is wise? Do you think talking about fees to the Glasgow media is wise? Do you think talking to the Glasgow media at all is wise.

Ive defended this board and McKinley a lot, but I get the distinct impression he’s trying to raise his own profile and openly discussing these subject is ridiculous.

by all means communication is inportant.  But the message and the channel is even more important. 

big thumbs down 👎 for me on McKinley the last 2 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This guy gets it.

I’ve never actually met a Hearts fan in real life who doesn’t believe we should expect high standards from everyone connected to a club which wants to be seen as the third biggest in the country.

It’s only on here that you get people bleating about “entitlement” - a word which, if used in the context of supporting Hearts, should “entitle” its user to a free and instant frontal lobotomy. They’re usually in the better-fan-than-you category, though.

Interestingly, Ann Budge - someone who initially reacted very badly to any criticism from supporters during the various fiascos of the Cathro and second-spell Levein tenures - eventually came out and said that the club not only expected but welcomed criticism when things clearly weren’t good enough.

So I guess those who wet their pants any time supporters express dissatisfaction with underperformance and underachievement just aren’t in tune with Heart of Midlothian.

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Maybe he likes the good things in life.......you should give it a bash!

CloustonHMFC

McKinley is a fool. I would be more than happy for him to leave the club tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

😁 this thread is a super read and this is the best post by a mile.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The thing about calling folk fat on here is you just know that half the folk saying it are big tubsters themselves. This place is mostly middle aged men and upwards, you only need to look at the folk in that age group that rock up at Tynecastle to see most of is are carrying a bit of excess weight.

A guy in front of me who isn’t a specimen of health himself called Shankland a fat ******* against Aberdeen 😆, not just us middle aged men carrying extra weight. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Brilliant post 👍🏽👏🏾

I’ve no idea how good a job McKinley is doing on a day to day basis as I don’t work at the club. I’m thinking it’s not that bad though as we are progressing well on and off the park. What I would say about him is he’s not very good at interviews and should maybe step back from doing them or be a bit wiser in what he says. 

He's clearly doing a decent job. He also seems to have really low emotional intelligence. He's also proven to be happy to mislead the fans so it's probably best he just stays in the background and gets on with his job.

I'd prefer a more visible CEO who could connect with the fans, but we can't have it all.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we weren't demanding enough as all 3 of them survived well beyond their sell by dates.

Hearts1975
54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

do you think talking about contract negotiations before they are signed is wise? Do you think talking about fees to the Glasgow media is wise? Do you think talking to the Glasgow media at all is wise.

Ive defended this board and McKinley a lot, but I get the distinct impression he’s trying to raise his own profile and openly discussing these subject is ridiculous.

by all means communication is inportant.  But the message and the channel is even more important. 

I didn't say I agreed with everything he has done. I don't necessarily agree that talking fees to the Glasgow media is wise, but that, like you, is just my personal opinion, but it wasn't what my post was inferring. 

I think, like Naismith, some folk just don't like him, and resort to name calling, any chance they get.

I don't see the sense in that at all, especially when ultimately he is there to make sure we get some success on the park. 

I took the article for what it was probably meant to be. Congratulating the manager for doing a good job, and acknowledging that the demands of the job, in front of an extremely expectant support, isn't necessarily for everyone. 

I have criticised the board, and McKinley many times as well, but right now, we are in a good space. 

1 hour ago, leginten said:

This guy gets it.

I’ve never actually met a Hearts fan in real life who doesn’t believe we should expect high standards from everyone connected to a club which wants to be seen as the third biggest in the country.

It’s only on here that you get people bleating about “entitlement” - a word which, if used in the context of supporting Hearts, should “entitle” its user to a free and instant frontal lobotomy. They’re usually in the better-fan-than-you category, though.

Interestingly, Ann Budge - someone who initially reacted very badly to any criticism from supporters during the various fiascos of the Cathro and second-spell Levein tenures - eventually came out and said that the club not only expected but welcomed criticism when things clearly weren’t good enough.

So I guess those who wet their pants any time supporters express dissatisfaction with underperformance and underachievement just aren’t in tune with Heart of Midlothian.

I used to work with a slightly older Hibs fan than I am . He was a kid and a regular at Easter Road during the 70 s . He is a nice enough bloke in any other sphere of his life , but when it comes to Scottish football he is unbelievably bitter . Absolutely fuming about what has happened between the two clubs since he was a bairn

Last year we were having a conversation about our two teams and where we thought they would finish . He said to me that Hearts fans are so arrogant . I said to him I agree . We absolutely are arrogant compared to them , but the thing is , we have earned the right to be arrogant 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I didn't say I agreed with everything he has done. I don't necessarily agree that talking fees to the Glasgow media is wise, but that, like you, is just my personal opinion, but it wasn't what my post was inferring. 

I think, like Naismith, some folk just don't like him, and resort to name calling, any chance they get.

I don't see the sense in that at all, especially when ultimately he is there to make sure we get some success on the park. 

I took the article for what it was probably meant to be. Congratulating the manager for doing a good job, and acknowledging that the demands of the job, in front of an extremely expectant support, isn't necessarily for everyone. 

I have criticised the board, and McKinley many times as well, but right now, we are in a good space. 

name calling isn’t on, and up until the last 2 weeks I’ve never uttered a negative word. 

he deserves praise for his words on the manager? But talking about contracts in public, to them.  Not on imo

Honestly, don't get the hate for McKinley. It's so ****ing weird. It's as if there always has to be a hate figure. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Honestly, don't get the hate for McKinley. It's so ****ing weird. It's as if there always has to be a hate figure. 

Be careful... 🥸

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I used to work with a slightly older Hibs fan than I am . He was a kid and a regular at Easter Road during the 70 s . He is a nice enough bloke in any other sphere of his life , but when it comes to Scottish football he is unbelievably bitter . Absolutely fuming about what has happened between the two clubs since he was a bairn

Last year we were having a conversation about our two teams and where we thought they would finish . He said to me that Hearts fans are so arrogant . I said to him I agree . We absolutely are arrogant compared to them , but the thing is , we have earned the right to be arrogant 

I‘m sure we would regard them as arrogant if the boot was on the other foot - as it most definitely was in the 1970s.

But in the main, I don’t think we’re that way inclined. Historically, we’ve had little to be arrogant about in the last sixty years. I would choose other adjectives to describe the Hearts support over the time I’ve been watching us. Meek, complacent, accepting and overly tolerant are the first ones that come to mind. I hope things are changing.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I dont hate him. But his actions of the past couple of weeks are not the actions you’d expect from someone with his supposed experience. What else is he planning on disclosing to a hostile press.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

How old a Hibs fan are you? 

Just now, SUTOL said:

How old a Hibs fan are you? 

I was going to edit that but did not think anyone would be a dick about it ! :lol: 

( dick )

3 hours ago, leginten said:

I‘m sure we would regard them as arrogant if the boot was on the other foot - as it most definitely was in the 1970s.

But in the main, I don’t think we’re that way inclined. Historically, we’ve had little to be arrogant about in the last sixty years. I would choose other adjectives to describe the Hearts support over the time I’ve been watching us. Meek, complacent, accepting and overly tolerant are the first ones that come to mind. I hope things are changing.

I am really not very arrogant at all . I am pretty humble . Not when it comes to Hearts though , I am totally arrogant about where we should be and how much better we are than Hibs especially 

Just now, Sooks said:

I was going to edit that but did not think anyone would be a dick about it ! :lol: 

( dick )

So, not denying it then....

:arf:

Bazzas right boot

Who needs enemies,  when your own can turn so nasty !

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Yip, some folk just need a name so they can point,  vent and get angry about.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

If he said nothing, the same bampots would be moaning that the club doesn't communicate with the fans and that the silence is deafening!

Some folk just need to moan, things on the field are OK so the group turns to shite like this to get their knickers in a twist about.

It's so predictable as well.

As long as their happy I guess.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Maybe he likes the good things in life.......you should give it a bash!

Tbf, fruit, veg and a healthy diet is a good thing of  life as well!

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

McKinlay is a fat bellend.

Jealous type post.

Sinbad the Sailor

Maybe it's just me but for the guys at the top of the tree I couldn't care less if they are likable. Just be good at your job is all I ask.

A surgeon? Fix my illness. A pilot? Dinnae crash. A Hearts or any CEO? Good results.

I've met him and he's a nice bloke. 

To summarise:

Andrew McKinlay sacked a Hearts manager for dropping as low as 4th in the league table.  He recognised the demands of the support were high, and he showed he shared those demands when he sacked Neilson.

He then took a risk and hired an inexperienced manager, but one that evidently he thought had the right character to be able to rise to the demands of a passionate support.  That rookie has the team 12 points clear in third place.

Aside from these key footballing decisions, Hearts are posting record turnover and starting new business ventures under his leadership.

Kickback has a problem because of his weight.

Good stuff 👍

saxondale
22 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Did you trust Jim Jefferies to manage a Hearts team?

Mr Rabbit
14 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Did you trust Jim Jefferies to manage a Hearts team?

Tainted Scottish cup win because Jefferies lifted the cup with his chubby fingers? 

:interehjrling: