• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

OmiyaHearts

Nice going into games knowing we are basically guaranteed to score. Like starting a game one up, with our current record. (Maybe that's why we're too relaxed in 1st halves!)

"Here at Hearts, we can take more risks and try to play and I'm liking it. Steven Naismith [head coach] giving us the freedom to play and keep the ball is good for my development

Nice words from Lembikisa. Hope he has a good game against Saints. 

1 hour ago, Jambonairn said:

Does anyone know where the Gorgie Ultras are sitting for this one?

Not far enough away for sure! Feckin drum!

Watt-Zeefuik
9 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Sibbick is pish, as seen with his woeful defending at that boy Cameron's goal.

On Cameron's goal Dexter hung him out to dry.

Regardless, it's a mistake to play him in a back 4, just as Rowles is a shadow of himself in a back 4. On either side of Kent in a back 3 they're perfectly fine.

lost in space
2 hours ago, Jambonairn said:

Does anyone know where the Gorgie Ultras are sitting for this one?

Wherever the feck they want, apparently.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Not far enough away for sure! Feckin drum!

💤 stay in the house if you want peace and quiet.

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

💤 stay in the house if you want peace and quiet.

Imagine a group of football fans attempting to create an atmosphere! Some people need to stay at home to watch the games in their quiet surroundings

PapaShango
54 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

On Cameron's goal Dexter hung him out to dry.

Regardless, it's a mistake to play him in a back 4, just as Rowles is a shadow of himself in a back 4. On either side of Kent in a back 3 they're perfectly fine.

Sibbick isn't fine in whatever system we play or position he plays in. Constantly makes the same mistakes time and again and gets caught ball watching. Have a look at him for the Dundee headed chance at 2-2 on Saturday. Misjudges the ball completely and gets caught under it giving his man a free header. I would say thanks for everything Toby and move him on. He's never making it at a higher club than Hearts or making the grade here. 

Watt-Zeefuik
38 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Sibbick isn't fine in whatever system we play or position he plays in. Constantly makes the same mistakes time and again and gets caught ball watching. Have a look at him for the Dundee headed chance at 2-2 on Saturday. Misjudges the ball completely and gets caught under it giving his man a free header. I would say thanks for everything Toby and move him on. He's never making it at a higher club than Hearts or making the grade here. 

Folk just up and forget the 10 game stretch last season where he was one of our best players (and we were winning).

I guess it's the same folk who decided Rowles was hopeless because he too couldn't cope when we had no true central defender last season.

Naismith just knocked back an offer for him so he obviously doesn't agree with you.

2 hours ago, Blair835 said:

Imagine a group of football fans attempting to create an atmosphere! Some people need to stay at home to watch the games in their quiet surroundings

Just because you feel entitled doesn't mean you are entitled snowflake!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

He's been outstanding for Oz in a 4

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He will never be a defender, someone needs to explain that to him and find a better position for him to use his abilities. 

upgotheheads
48 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

Will this game be on PPV

It is. I will pay up to avoid the stuff that you often get from Fawanews

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Just because you feel entitled doesn't mean you are entitled snowflake!

Oh sorry, did I make to much noise and disrupt your silence? 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He will never be a defender, someone needs to explain that to him and find a better position for him to use his abilities. 

I think his best position is defensive midfield 

number-16
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

26 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I think his best position is defensive midfield 

Stick Sibbick up top next time we play Hibs and see how he gets on, I say

Edited by number-16

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Stick Sibbick up top next time we play Hibs and see how he gets on, I say

Worth a try 😆

A day of shite at work but the game to look forward to after the gym. 2-0 Hearts

Due to work commitments I might miss the game tonight. Hopefully be home for 2nd half, which isn't a bad thing as we don't start playing football until the 2nd half anyway 😂

Prediction: 1-3 The Famous. 

Bazzas right boot

Win this and we'll likley be 3 points of the combine points total of hibs and Aberdeen.

Gundermann

If SJ win they'll go above Hibs and into the top six. A bit of a silver lining if things go pear-shaped. Otherwise, looking for a handsome win.

20 hours ago, Hannibal said:

A - 5

B - 43

C - 123

D - 72

E - Not yet on sale

Total - 243

A - 4

B - 18

C - 85

D - 32

E - Not yet on sale

Total - 139

16 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Wasting your time mate. No matter how badly he plays and how obvious it is he's not good enough he has a loyal group of fans who will rate him regardless. Could literally cost us 20 goals in a row but they'd still say "there's a player in there" or that wherever he plays "isn't his best position". No doubt they'll be crying for him to play up front next cos he's hopeless anywhere else. Utterly deluded.

PapaShango
51 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

If SJ win they'll go above Hibs and into the top six. A bit of a silver lining if things go pear-shaped. Otherwise, looking for a handsome win.

Hibs are irrelevant this season, I only want us to win nothing less. It will be a tough game up there but they aren't in as good form as some would have you think. Saturday's win for them was their first win in 6 games. If we play as well as we can and keep it tight at the back we should have more than enough to win this one. Would set us up nicely for Motherwell at home before both OF and Hibs game at the end of the month. Not getting ahead of myself but we shouldn't fear playing anyone, regardless of where the game is being played. 

Horatio Caine

Levein brought in a typical Levein type striker. Boy from Sweden. Need to blunt his threat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Levein brought in a typical Levein type striker. Boy from Sweden. Need to blunt his threat.

Frankie will handle him, they have to get the ball first and if they try too hard to do that they will leave space. Confident we will carry the run forward tonight

Come on, it's a braw day...hopefully evening too. Get your tickets, if you can.

🙂

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Wasting your time mate. No matter how badly he plays and how obvious it is he's not good enough he has a loyal group of fans who will rate him regardless. Could literally cost us 20 goals in a row but they'd still say "there's a player in there" or that wherever he plays "isn't his best position". No doubt they'll be crying for him to play up front next cos he's hopeless anywhere else. Utterly deluded.

My favourite was the other day when someone said "he's a very good player, we just need to play him further forward so his mistakes aren't so costly" :rofl:

As for his "10 game stretch", even shite players have a purple patch.

He seems a good lad, he's just not good enough for us, there's no shame in that.

Anyway, moving on. This'll be a tough game for us tonight. St Johnstone have definitely improved and Levein will have them bang up for this. While I'd want us to win, prolonging our unbeaten run with a draw isn't a bad result.

Cruickie's Moustache
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

SIbbick has a particular problem with players running at him.

However, as discussed elsewhere, its not just him.

The modern defender seems to have been coached to take up a position and then backs off as their opponent comes forward.

The idea is generally to force the man wide and away from goal.

However nowadays we constantly see defenders simply backing off in a directly line towards the goal with no real attempt to driver the player wide. There is often no actions taken by the defender to try and take the advantage away from the striker.

In Sibbicks case, he is almost in the  goalkeeper's lap before he thinks about sticking a foot in.

The defenders don't seem to recognise that once a player is 25m to 20m out they need to take action instead of letting the opponent drive, unchallenged,  into the box, where a last gasp tackle is more likely to result in a penalty.

The same goes for modern goalkeeping. They are now trained to move towards an advancing player, stop, plant, make themselves big and hope to make a save. To my mind, often this pause in forward motion just gives a striker more time to pick their spot.

I can see the logic of this if a player is advancing at moderate pace with decent control of the ball. However sometimes, like the old days, keepers need to just commit all the way and take the ball man and everything, so the striker cannot get a shot off. The art of diving in at a players feet without giving away a pen seems to be a dying art.

Jambomuzz

Always want a hearts win but notoriously a hard place for us to go in recent times, would settle for a draw. Have a sneaky feeling we might put them to the sword though. 
I think the Motherwell game will be a tougher test. 

GorgieFifeLife
13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

My favourite was the other day when someone said "he's a very good player, we just need to play him further forward so his mistakes aren't so costly" :rofl:

He seems a good lad, he's just not good enough for us, there's no shame in that.

Anyway, moving on. This'll be a tough game for us tonight. St Johnstone have definitely improved and Levein will have them bang up for this. While I'd want us to win, prolonging our unbeaten run with a draw isn't a bad result.

I don’t see how this is a tough game at all tonight.  Their form is terrible and they don’t have the tools to hurt us like Saints teams of the past.  They are nowhere near as good as Dundee and we got past them.  Anything other than a win tonight is a poor result but I think we will win.  They have injuries and I’d like to see us start fast and get the game done early as we have too many slow starts in games.

20 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I don’t see how this is a tough game at all tonight.  Their form is terrible and they don’t have the tools to hurt us like Saints teams of the past.  They are nowhere near as good as Dundee and we got past them.  Anything other than a win tonight is a poor result but I think we will win.  They have injuries and I’d like to see us start fast and get the game done early as we have too many slow starts in games.

motherwell 5-0 ross county

hearts 2-2 ross county

funny old game fitba, one game at a time an all that.

hmfc_liam06
27 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

We're historically poor at McDiarmid (albeit much improved of late).

They're unbeaten in 4, and have lost 3 times in last 13 since Levein took over, those were to the Old Firm and Killie. Granted a lot of them are draws, but that tells me they're a sticky side.

So yes, I think it's a tough game tonight.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

Jambof3tornado
41 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Always want a hearts win but notoriously a hard place for us to go in recent times, would settle for a draw. Have a sneaky feeling we might put them to the sword though. 
I think the Motherwell game will be a tougher test. 

No danger we're putting them to the sword,turgid affair with few real chances. We might scrape a win but like dundee a tougher opponent than they were earlier in the season.

Gundermann
41 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

SIbbick has a particular problem with players running at him.

However, as discussed elsewhere, its not just him.

The modern defender seems to have been coached to take up a position and then backs off as their opponent comes forward.

The idea is generally to force the man wide and away from goal.

However nowadays we constantly see defenders simply backing off in a directly line towards the goal with no real attempt to driver the player wide. There is often no actions taken by the defender to try and take the advantage away from the striker.

In Sibbicks case, he is almost in the  goalkeeper's lap before he thinks about sticking a foot in.

The defenders don't seem to recognise that once a player is 25m to 20m out they need to take action instead of letting the opponent drive, unchallenged,  into the box, where a last gasp tackle is more likely to result in a penalty.

The same goes for modern goalkeeping. They are now trained to move towards an advancing player, stop, plant, make themselves big and hope to make a save. To my mind, often this pause in forward motion just gives a striker more time to pick their spot.

I can see the logic of this if a player is advancing at moderate pace with decent control of the ball. However sometimes, like the old days, keepers need to just commit all the way and take the ball man and everything, so the striker cannot get a shot off. The art of diving in at a players feet without giving away a pen seems to be a dying art.

Good post.

Regarding Sibbick, one of the attributes he seemed to have when Stendel brought him was his tackling in midfield. What happened?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Gundermann said:

Good post.

Regarding Sibbick, one of the attributes he seemed to have when Stendel brought him was his tackling in midfield. What happened?

He only played 1.5 games iirc. 

Gundermann
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He only played 1.5 games iirc. 

True but one was against The Rangers and he was superb IIRC. Think we were all pleased that he returned.

3 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

True but one was against The Rangers and he was superb IIRC. Think we were all pleased that he returned.

Just shows you how quick people are to judge and it has to be in the extreme or it's black and white.  Funny how if a player has a poor debut he's almost written off, yet in Toby's situation  he played well on his debut and that's what's remembered and even now, all this time later he's living off that performance in the 70 odd minutes he played against Rangers. Clinging on to the hope that he could be that player again.

Anyone can look brilliant in 1 or 2 games. I remember big Joaquim Adao looking superb in his first few appearances then it became quite apparent he just wasn't that great. There will be plenty of other similar examples in football.

Will be keeping a close eye on Daniel Phillips tonight if he plays. Missed their last game though so anyone know if he's available?

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

This boy looked rapid on Saturday and scored a good goal. Need to be careful with him not getting in behind. 

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Will be keeping a close eye on Daniel Phillips tonight if he plays. Missed their last game though so anyone know if he's available?

Thought he was decent in the last game at Tynie, really physical and got stuck in but could also play a bit. 

Just don't go behind tonight Hearts ffs.

Would love a comfortable 0-2  for a change :lol:

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's up there with "we need to sign a new midfielder and change our style of play and tell our opponents to stop sitting deep" se we can see how great Tagawa really is.