*** Official St Johnstone v Hearts Match Thread ***

mickycameron98

3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

No I'm pretty sure it was the linesman that called it.

Just watched the highlights on Hearts TV. The linesman waited to put his flag up until after the tackle but did call it. Laurie notices the flag and comments on it right away, just as the ref points to the linesman as well.

It was very narrow for me. Even if Vargas was onside it was extremely narrowly so. I had a hard time freezing the frame right at the moment but this isn't more than a tenth of a second after the ball is played. The linesman makes a reasonable decision and there's certainly not enough in VAR to overrule the call.

vargas_offside.thumb.jpg.b5394280f53fe05490eb42fd55083c1b.jpg

I get the time difference Wattie but I’d that you just catching up on this game😏

I agree there was nothing in it. Easy to say the ref made the easy decision by calling it off and maybe he did. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Watt-Zeefuik
16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get the time difference Wattie but I’d that you just catching up on this game😏

I agree there was nothing in it. Easy to say the ref made the easy decision by calling it off and maybe he did. 

Heh, I couldn't watch it live so I'm late to a lot of this. HeartsTV doesn't post the replays until the next day for evening games like this.

11 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Heh, I couldn't watch it live so I'm late to a lot of this. HeartsTV doesn't post the replays until the next day for evening games like this.

Aye I’ve got the Uk version.  I think the delay in the replays is that they can’t play them until the Uk highlights show has been broadcast on Tv, as the overseas and Uk replays go online at the same time. 

Edited by GinRummy

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, GinRummy said:

Aye I’ve got the Uk version.  I think the delay in the replays is that they can’t play them until the Uk highlights show has been broadcast as the overseas and Uk replays go online at the same time. 

Makes sense. Just puts me this far behind in chatting about stuff.