Unsung Heroes / Cult Heroes?

gggggareth

On 05/02/2024 at 10:54, gggggareth said:

Humphreys for that goal deserves his own t-shirt!  I've never seen anything like it IRL.

Zeefuik?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gggggareth

• The Real Maroonblood

• Berrassobad

• tian447

been here before

Jose Quitongo

Michael Smith

Edited by been here before

Madjambo21
22 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Scotte Crabbe. Or failing that. Craig Thomson ?

Craig Thomson the right back?😬😬😬

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Craig Thomson the right back?😬😬😬

Nah. 

• 2 weeks later...
gggggareth

For me, he was a genuine hero - maybe not an "unsung" hero - I worshipped JC as a young Hearts fan. Can see the argument that he was always in the shadow of Robbo's legend I suppose... 

Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 15.00.04.png

Cult players

Obua for his goal vs Hibs along with his pistols celebration and "that's gangsta" comment in the post match interview, makes him a cult hero. He was pretty poor/average for us most of the time though.

Uche maybe? Scored a couple at ER on 2 occasions. Also his step overs before assisting Hickey at ER too. Otherwise was pretty underwhelming for us.

Slightly before my time but I watched Foster scoring vs Hibs and he was more of a squad player for us I believe.

Jose Quitongo

Scored that late goal agaisnt celtic that sparked some of the craziest celebrations ive ever seen. Also scored agaisnt hibs but most of the time he didnt really cut it. I loved the wee guy and was over the moon when he signed.

Unsung

Jim Hamilton did a job for us but seemed to get a fair bit of stick from the fans. Liked him a lot and scored some decent goals. I remember his goal at Tannadice was a bit Bergkamp-esk. 

Suso was written off for most of his hearts career but I liked him a lot straight away. Obviously he's remembered for winning the penalty in the final but also scored a great individual goal against hibs at Tynecastle. But prior to that he was slated a lot and some on here were calling him a Spanish waiter :vrface:

Cameronstheman
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Never miss my chance to mention Rubén Palazuelos.

Correct. met the great man at a Supporters gig, i spoke to him and he said to me  my English is no that good, i said do you understand FTH, he said OH AYE. 

Neil Berry, even if it’s just for wiping out Micky weir, in a perfectly timed challenge 👌

Benny Klack
21 minutes ago, swavkav said:

Neil Berry, even if it’s just for wiping out Micky weir, in a perfectly timed challenge 👌

Think you might mean Paul Wright mate.

But knowing Chuck he probably done Weir as well 😂

On 18/02/2024 at 08:29, Benny Klack said:

Think you might mean Paul Wright mate.

But knowing Chuck he probably done Weir as well 😂

Am old memory is fading 🤣🤣

Alex MacDonald
On 17/02/2024 at 18:05, scott herbertson said:

Iain Jardine - very underrated I thought 

Agreed, scored some sensational goals in his 3 or 4 seasons at Tynecastle and formed a mighty fine midfield with Gary MacKay and Neil Berry.

colinmorewasgash

Olly Bozanic for his goal v hubz in 1 3 win at fester then knocking out steven gerrards rangers too in cup. Maybe not a cult hero but made his mark in our history. JC was my fav hearts player and cult hero. Suso tenerifes finest, and a guy I wished had stayed longer Osman Sow one of few guys that gave Van Dijk a hard time at Celtic, when you see what Virgil became and Sow career in comparison its shame.

Alex MacDonald

Probably more of an unsung legend, but Bryan Jackson’s role as Administrator during those dark days will never be forgotten. 

Shooter McGavin

Osman Sow.

Wasn’t with us that long, arrived on a free transfer, bagged 20 goals in something like 40 games, and then left for £1.5 million.

On 18/02/2024 at 08:07, swavkav said:

if you're having that I'm going for Boyack for his challenge that took grant brebner (I think) in to the hording. had a ST in section N at the time and you could feel it through the stand 🤣

4 hours ago, Gav M said:

if you're having that I'm going for Boyack for his challenge that took grant brebner (I think) in to the hording. had a ST in section N at the time and you could feel it through the stand 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣, it’s yours 

40 minutes ago, swavkav said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣, it’s yours 

didn't think there would be many queueing up for stevie to be fair 😂