• Hearts007

• King prawn

• feej

• Gizmo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dallas Green
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I was meaning Luke McGowan,Sibbick never done much wrong.

But he did do wrong. One led to a goal and one should have led to a goal.

I don't even dislike Sibbick but there is no way he is a CB. He is always caught under the ball.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes the same manager that makes the same mistakes game after game. If it wasn't for Shanks we would be bottom six.

Sit down.

We are rocking. 

Winning games at home now, winning away, coming back from goals down and now scoring goals.

Sitting 3rd by a distance and on brilliant form.

You are either a hibs fan or just trolling to cause arguments because you don't like Naismith. 

If it wasn't for us playing our best striker- we'd be bottom 6?

Wtf?

Just as well we play him then, eh?

19/05/2012

I thought we played well today against a decent Dundee side. Conceded poor goals defensively but kept doing the right things and with Shankland in this form we always have a chance.

21 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Its just Sibbick in defence though - needs must and all that but you can just see when we defend its almost expected at times he will make an error 

Like I said, no picking on him. Would much rather see him as a No6 in the middle but not in the backline. 

Their 2nd goal, he is running back the way .... needs to just come out and get a foot on the ball. the space just opened up for their player and he hit a rasper tbf 

Defense first ... just dont think Sibbick has that in him unfortunately ..... Lembikisa didnt have his best game but he was up against Beck who was probably their best player. Think that was the main issue as Lembikisa likes to get forward 

That said, this team just doesnt know when its beat and its a massive mentality change to what we had before 

Great result......not the best performance. Our right back is always told to tuck in, but Lembi was often out of position and not always trying to get back, that means Sibbick looks even worse as he's having to cover from the middle! There were a few other times I felt Lembi was out of position close to Sibbick i.e. wrong side. To me he looks good attacking but a liability defending so far!

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

No I'm saying that because it's true,midfield was pish today and gave no protection to the back four,Luke McCowan got 2 assists today.

Nah. I can’t take anything you say about Sibbick seriously. If we had signed Marcel Langer back you’d defend him to the hilt. It’s all down to the fact you can’t get over Stendel. Which other error prone defenders wh0 have below average games do you leap to the defence of? 

I like a lot of what you say and do but not on Sibbick, you can’t give a balanced view on him. 

Oda be a JT

I have not read the match thread yet - I’m on my way to page one, few pages of prematch chat I expect then onto kick/HT - imagine that’s when it kicks off that everyone is shite and sack the board?!

Edited by Oda be a JT

Der Kaiser
2 minutes ago, schillaci said:

Was.

Was, was was.

Was

Not, not, not, not, not...

1 minute ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I thought we played well today against a decent Dundee side. Conceded poor goals defensively but kept doing the right things and with Shankland in this form we always have a chance.

So did I, Dundee are decent. Well happy with that win.

2 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Simple fact is he costs us goals when he plays. He cost us today and should have been sold as he’s not Hearts level. 

Sibbick is the most naturally gifted athlete at the club. He's built exactly the way you'd want a footballer to be. He's powerful, fast and can run for days.

Unfortunately he's the victim of a weak mentality and poor coaching. Which isn't a dig at our current coaching staff.

He's 24 years old and nobody here can actually tell you what position Sibbick plays. Every game he plays he is thrown into a spot to fill a gap. He'll play 4 games a row and be a right back, centre back, holding midfielder and a wing back.

It's a shame. If from the age of 18 someone just said to him, right you're now a holding midfielder, You're going to eat, sleep and drink that position from now on. He would probably be a very good player.

As it is, He's never been able to settle into a role and is still thrown about all over the place. It must be very difficult to build any confidence and get any sort of momentum when you're constantly having to switch roles.

Hearts1975
7 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Great result......not the best performance. Our right back is always told to tuck in, but Lembi was often out of position and not always trying to get back, that means Sibbick looks even worse as he's having to cover from the middle! There were a few other times I felt Lembi was out of position close to Sibbick i.e. wrong side. To me he looks good attacking but a liability defending so far!

Agree with that. I still think that we are prone to leaking goals with Sibbick at CB though. Like I said, their LB is a good player though and probably was taking full advantage of lembi getting into advanced positions so not all his fault. 

Edited by Hearts1975

6 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Pretty much sums it up, similar to the last few games. Shankland showing his importance again.

Dundee are actually a half decent side 

So pleasing to see Docherty say pre-game that his side had learned from throwing away their lead last time around only to go and do the exact same thing again. 

Glorious 😍

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Sibbick is the most naturally gifted athlete at the club. He's built exactly the way you'd want a footballer to be. He's powerful, fast and can run for days.

Unfortunately he's the victim of a weak mentality and poor coaching. Which isn't a dig at our current coaching staff.

He's 24 years old and nobody here can actually tell you what position Sibbick plays. Every game he plays he is thrown into a spot to fill a gap. He'll play 4 games a row and be a right back, centre back, holding midfielder and a wing back.

It's a shame. If from the age of 18 someone just said to him, right you're now a holding midfielder, You're going to eat, sleep and drink that position from now on. He would probably be a very good player.

As it is, He's never been able to settle into a role and is still thrown about all over the place. It must be very difficult to build any confidence and get any sort of momentum when you're constantly having to switch roles.

Why does that happen?

schillaci
7 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Not, not, not, not, not...

WAS!!!!

was

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick was fine today.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows he was shocking today , the guy needs to go on loan or a move as he needs to rebuild his confidence, 

This is My Story Podcast

Am starting to love this side. It’s not pretty at times but it’s always 100% and I love the fact that they are determined not to lose. For too long we went a goal down, we’d get our belly’s rubbed and up the road with an excuse and let’s look at next week. This side don’t accept that. Manager and the management team have worked wonders in this space. Superb!

Go for it 1308
36 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win but people praising SN need a word. Was beginning to think he had it sorted but his starting team and tactics leaves a lot to be desired. Can't get the ball moving forward until going behind or after the first half. Never seem to get stuck in from KO. What he seeing in Oda I just can't fathom.

Chill mate🙂

C59ED960-56C4-4CE8-AED9-3628C9AD0547.jpeg.90f011294dded2112d6f669139e8c4df.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, OBE said:

:thumb:...Turn of the year, who'd have thought, Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Dundee would be our distant challengers for 3rd...celebrate good times come on...Aberdeen, h1b5:Toby:

IMG_7190.jpeg

John Findlay

Dundee must be sick of the sight of us.

2-0 up at Tynecastle and get beat 3-2.

1-0, and 2-1 up at Dens Park and get beat 2-3, they must be pig sick. 

I wouldn't have complained if today's game had ended in a draw. 

My personal opinion from the very far left of the away stand as you look at it on the telly, is that I thought on chances created, we were unlucky to be 1 down at half-time.

I do like this never know when we are beaten attitude from this team.

Well done again Heart of Midlothian.

Great result today

Dundee are a good side 

Well done once again lads

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, chazza74 said:

Anyone who knows anything about football knows he was shocking today , the guy needs to go on loan or a move as he needs to rebuild his confidence, 

This would be wise. 

We could then assess him.

Cameronstheman
3 minutes ago, schillaci said:

WAS!!!!

was

So original ad side splitting ,what a reply, FAF

Armageddon
43 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

8 wins in 12 is absolutely outstanding.

The quality of our play is poor. But it's impossible to argue with the results! Fantastic three points, pulling us further away from the pack.

But Sibbick, Oda and Grant. Jeez. Dreadful stuff from all three. Hopefully see Halkett/Kingsley, Vargas and Fraser step up and keep them from getting on the pitch for the rest of the season.

41 minutes ago, Arry said:

Great result but I think the Oda project has reached its conclusion.  Grant dreadful today but can occasionally rise to the challenge.  Forrest form continues and thanks feck for Shanks.  We shall not be moved.

39 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Fantastic win but people praising SN need a word. Was beginning to think he had it sorted but his starting team and tactics leaves a lot to be desired. Can't get the ball moving forward until going behind or after the first half. Never seem to get stuck in from KO. What he seeing in Oda I just can't fathom.

31 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes the same manager that makes the same mistakes game after game. If it wasn't for Shanks we would be bottom six.

30 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Oh so funny don't give up your day job. Delighted with the win but there has to be a discussion as to why we can't start games and players like Oda keep getting starts.

Quite a few “BUT…… BUT…….. BUT” kinda posts appearing.

Arseholes, Roasters, Craig Gibsons.

Get it roond ya throbbers 👌🏼😂👌🏼

spirt of 98
10 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I hear you but think he is the problem. He thinks he is a CB. I like him in the DM role. He’s never a centre back in his Nelly. 

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

:oohmatron:

And extending is what we we do 

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Am starting to love this side. It’s not pretty at times but it’s always 100% and I love the fact that they are determined not to lose. For too long we went a goal down, we’d get our belly’s rubbed and up the road with an excuse and let’s look at next week. This side don’t accept that. Manager and the management team have worked wonders in this space. Superb!

Completely agree - its heartening to see a side with such resilience. Obviously, we'd prefer not to be seeing it so much (i.e by not going a goal down to begin with) but points are points at this stage. 

Our away form over the last few years has been nothing short of embarrassing. A complete waste of time and money for the fans travelling up and down the country to follow the team away from home. I'm so impressed that Naismith has zeroed in on this and managed to correct it. 

Question for me is, what was Neilsons approach to away games? Something has obviously changed in how we approach them, which almost makes me wonder if they weren't putting the same emphasis on away games. Worry for me is that we seem shakier at home now. Its like there is a balance or something. Bit annoying. 

I think Naismith deserves huge plaudits for what he's managed to do this season. Proving he is the right man to take us forward. 

FarmerTweedy
37 minutes ago, KG1874 said:

It’s brilliant to see. Sibbick who is clearly out of favour and had a bid in for him played superb the day. Nothing is distracting these players from getting 3rd and trying to close the gap on the 2 arse cheeks 

I'm not sure many folk are going to agree with you on that! 

JudyJudyJudy

24 minutes ago, OBE said:

Away and find a fellow phisherman to suck on...Jeezus...:notsure:

IMG_5806.gif

Just now, spirt of 98 said:

I hear you but think he is the problem. He thinks he is a CB. I like him in the DM role. He’s never a centre back in his Nelly. 

If he wants to play CB then it'll have to be elsewhere. He isn't getting ahead of Kent, Rowles, Halkett, Kingsley and Neilson will overtake him. 

I would do with him what Spurs did with Bale. Bale was a left back. Spurs signed him and looked at this big, strong, athletic machine with an engine that would run box to box all day and said "Right, You can't defend but you're ****ing terrifying. You're going up to the top end where you can run onto balls from the back and charge at the opponents goal. 

It takes him away from the firing line at the back. If it doesn't work. Let him go. We've tried him in defence. It doesn't work. He isn't getting ahead of what we have there. But he could fight Grant and Fraser for that spot.

Mikey1874

Incredible from Shankland. Was definitely a penalty too.

Dundee are a good side so that's another really good win. 

Still just putting together a foundation. The defence was under pressure today but best players missing. And we will get better in attack. Watch out. 

Mikey1874

Incredible from Shankland. Was definitely a penalty too.

Dundee are a good side so that's another really good win. 

Still just putting together a foundation. The defence was under pressure today but best players missing. And we will get better in attack. Watch out. 

hmfc_liam06

Sibbick is awful. Thankfully Rowles will be back soon.

Oda should not be starting ahead of Vargas.

Fraser will likely start ahead of Grant shortly.

Wee Mikey
6 hours ago, Adeb1974 said:

A ground historically we struggle at so a performance where i think they will throw the kitchen sink at us hoping we emulate the first half of the previous game, may involve a pretty unpleasant and gritty performance. 

Hopefully we show enough character and sneak a win. 

😀😀😀

53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Away and throw shite  at yourself. Dundee played very well and since Naisy took over we’ve developed the grit and determination to find a way to win. Complete ****ing nonsense from you. 

Pretty much word for word what I wanted to post. 👍

ToadKiller Dog

Big win ,that dundee side are pretty strong ,certainly one of the better sides we have played this season  .

Deserved win over I think in the end .

spirt of 98
9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If he wants to play CB then it'll have to be elsewhere. He isn't getting ahead of Kent, Rowles, Halkett, Kingsley and Neilson will overtake him. 

I would do with him what Spurs did with Bale. Bale was a left back. Spurs signed him and looked at this big, strong, athletic machine with an engine that would run box to box all day and said "Right, You can't defend but you're ****ing terrifying. You're going up to the top end where you can run onto balls from the back and charge at the opponents goal. 

It takes him away from the firing line at the back. If it doesn't work. Let him go. We've tried him in defence. It doesn't work. He isn't getting ahead of what we have there. But he could fight Grant and Fraser for that spot.

Worth a shot. Naismith must see something or he’d have been sold. 

Oda be a JT
22 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

I have not read the match thread yet - I’m on my way to page one, few pages of prematch chat I expect then onto kick/HT - imagine that’s when it kicks off that everyone is shite and sack the board?!

Well that was enlightening!! Funny though.

I thought Dundee played very well in our last game against them and they did again again today even if I hate saying that. Should probably be fourth in the table?

The laddie Beck is going to be some player I think, the have a few other decent players too so fair play.

Us, I have backed Toby from day dot, but I’m thinking maybe it just isn’t working, maybe a case of wrong club and he could be great for someone else - but saying that we knocked back a bud for him so the coaching staff obviously see something we don’t - fair play.

Alan Forrest, I was so disappointed when we signed him and his first few months were not great but he has become a very important player now - good extension on his contract.

Shanks seems to have a bee in his bonnet with him at time - then boom lol

Shanks, hahahahahaha **** the weegie media machine - don’t get the pennies out your pundits and ex-players wanted them see what your missing - I think he’ll beat his 28 last year (still go with my comment on other thread that I don’t care what he does now…he has given us huge value for money since signing).

Oh and Hibs - 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

leipzig76
31 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sit down.

We are rocking. 

Winning games at home now, winning away, coming back from goals down and now scoring goals.

Sitting 3rd by a distance and on brilliant form.

You are either a hibs fan or just trolling to cause arguments because you don't like Naismith. 

If it wasn't for us playing our best striker- we'd be bottom 6?

Wtf?

Just as well we play him then, eh?

Exactly Baz ! Somebody said earlier " we steal games " The fact is it's 90+ mins for both teams and how many points have we won scoring late on in those last or extra minutes ?

19 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_5806.gif

C'mon, James, his post content was baited for bite's...shouldn't have, but I swallowed...as did many others.:biggrin:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, OBE said:

C'mon, James, his post content was baited for bite's...shouldn't have, but I swallowed...as did many others.:biggrin:

Oh I know the feeling 

27 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not sure many folk are going to agree with you on that! 

Your right. My old man didnae seem happy when I messaged that sibbick played well. 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I know the feeling 

Anyway, back to the 2-3 result, lets get ***ked up on the back of that tremendous win at Dens Park...:toasting:

Des Lynam
8 minutes ago, OBE said:

shouldn't have, but I swallowed...as did many others.:biggrin:

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I know the feeling 

:oohmatron:

I didn't get to see the match today, technical problems with my app but this is another very good result for us, we are on quite the run which is going a long way to solidifying 3rd place which any of us would have been happy with before a ball was kicked this season! I am all for looking at ways we can play even better but there are many on here that can't seem to be content in victory, to each their own I suppose!