Sportscene/mulgrew

Thomaso

28 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I don't think Clancy (who I thought had a good game today) could see the handball as Devlin was facing away from him and his view may also have been blocked in other ways.  Those of us who were facing Devlin could see the handball right away - as did the camera angle.

I also saw the handball from the halfway line in the Westfield. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• FarmerTweedy

• Mikey1874

• Hearts_fan

DesertDawg
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Laws of the Game removed accidental contact a few years ago. It's a foul. Doesn't matter he didn't mean it.

Another example of so called experts not knowing shit. 

Correct.  Agree that Clancy probably didn't see either incident clearly so VAR did its' job correctly.

However, you have to wonder what the linesman was looking at when Beni was tripped by Miovsky about 3 yards away but, then again, he wasn't able to dodge a tackle in the second half either.

Devlin's handball was clear at the time on Hearts TV but the immediate reaction of the crowd at the corner of the main and Gorgie stands immediately gave it away.   

vegas-voss
31 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I don't think Clancy (who I thought had a good game today) could see the handball as Devlin was facing away from him and his view may also have been blocked in other ways.  Those of us who were facing Devlin could see the handball right away - as did the camera angle.

Look at the reaction of Devlin he knows himself right away that it's a pen despite the little protest from him after it's given.

Thick weegie national hunt. He is to football analysis what he is to babysitting. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

In his own words he's raging isn't he?! Hahaha

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Insanity incoming.

We have a chance at finishing above rangers.

There I said it.

We've already blown that this season unfortunately. 

Games like today show the importance of VAR, because without it we are a goal down and don't get the penalty.

Poor refereeing because he should be up with play to see these moments and make the key decisions without the use of technology.

Wee Mikey

Sportscene, generally, is awful.

The pundits will either state the bleedin' obvious, or ignore stuff that folks who were at the game live would wish to see again.

Getting paid £££s, so they are, into the bargain.

Low-grade telly every week.

Grrr ...

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Only seen it at the game but I was 100% sure at the time that var would rule there goal out. 

My mate and I were both sure it was Kingsley that tripped Beni! And we sit in section B so it was pretty much right in front of us!  🥸

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Charlie Mulgrew - absolute tosser!

Just watched it, absolute walaper. 

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He is a c u next Tuesday 

Agreed - typical weedgie arrogance. Loves himself. Wonder if he left the bairns in the motor.

W

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Wasn't just Mulgrew, on the radio on the way home Pat Nevin thought Aberdeen's goal should have stood because it was just a collision and not deliberate. Nobody was saying it was deliberate but he still took Beni out and stopped him getting anywhere near the guy with the ball. I thought there was at least one foul on Kingsley just before that too. Nevin also didn't thinking it was a penalty because he was trying to get his arm out the way. He still stopped the ball with his waving arm. Both VAR decisions 100% correct. I don't know why Clancy didn't give them in the first place.

Nevin did think it was a penalty (as did Willie Miller), he just had sympathy for the defender as he felt the guy was trying to pull his arm out of the way rather than trying to block the cross with it.  

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

The opinions of this intellectual tortoise should be of no interest whatsoever to any self respecting Jambo.

Couldn't have expressed any better! He's a see you next tuesday!

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Wasn't just Mulgrew, on the radio on the way home Pat Nevin thought Aberdeen's goal should have stood because it was just a collision and not deliberate. Nobody was saying it was deliberate but he still took Beni out and stopped him getting anywhere near the guy with the ball. I thought there was at least one foul on Kingsley just before that too. Nevin also didn't thinking it was a penalty because he was trying to get his arm out the way. He still stopped the ball with his waving arm. Both VAR decisions 100% correct. I don't know why Clancy didn't give them in the first place.

Nevin is a wee Hibby loving tosser who hates Hearts!

2 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

IIRC,It was Michelle Mone who reported seeing the unaccompanied child locked in the car. Another arse but she did the right thing there.

She was probably just admiring herself in the window reflections and 10 minutes later noticed "oh my word, there's a kid in there" :P 

37 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Games like today show the importance of VAR, because without it we are a goal down and don't get the penalty.

Poor refereeing because he should be up with play to see these moments and make the key decisions without the use of technology.

Bit unfair on Clancy who I thought had a good game

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

Must be getting you wrong.

Shankland very much should be at Hearts.

I'm not saying we should sell him, or that I want us to, I'm just saying I think if either arsecheek bought him from us, even if it cost them £8-10m, which is the sort of money I don't think we could turn down, he'd repay them in spades and then some.  If you just look from sevco's point of view, they should absolutely shell out whatever it costs to buy him.  If you just loom from celtic's pov, they also should absolutely shell out whatever it costs to buy him. If he's still with us on Thursday, and I very much hope he is, neither of them will have done what they should! 

Beave1874

Won't watch due to this silly wee *****, looking at the comments above wtaf is he talking about Shankland.

This is the beginning of Shankland is pish/we didn't want him anyway narrative (regardless of him being a pretend Irish sympathiser, trust me its all Weege based regardless, wanks) due to the fact the Unwashed/Smelly/Bigoted/Fiddlers/Arse cheeks  cannot get their grubby fingers on him.  

Poke it scumbags

Apologies Covid and red wine 

jonnyinfo
1 hour ago, J Cheever Loophole said:

He should have got more than a concussion when he left his bairn in a car in sub zero temperatures whilst he and his wife went shopping .The police were involved and the child neglect charges were later dropped. 

Was it not that total runt of a woman Michelle Mone (who's a Celtic fan 🤮) that dobbed him in? 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Laws of the Game removed accidental contact a few years ago. It's a foul. Doesn't matter he didn't mean it.

Another example of so called experts not knowing shit. 

Thanks for that, I wasn't sure what the situation was these days. 

Just watching our highlights back. How bitter is Mulgrew! The foul on Beni wasn’t a foul (which it was!) and the goal should have stood, the handball in the box wasn’t a handball (which it clearly was) and it wasn’t a penalty? Neil McCann had the right of it. Miovski undeniably clips Beni. He didn’t mean to, but he did. It was a foul, it meant Beni couldn’t stop the cross, and the decision was correct. Same with the penalty. Yes, Devlin may be unfortunate, but he undeniably handles the ball. That’s a penalty and the decision was correct. Aberdeen can legitmately moan about bad luck, but not about the decisions.

Then Mulgrew says that Shanks ‘shouldn’t’ be at Hearts after the window because he would score lots of goals at the OF! In other words, a diddy club like Hearts have no business having a player like Shanks, he’s clearly too good for us and we should step aside and let him play for a proper big club! What a prize tosser.

the posh bit
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

I watched the match on Hearts TV. The goalscorer knew he had tripped Beni. After his quite subdued celebration, he put his hand over his mouth and spoke to 3 or 4 different teammates, obviously alerting them to the fact he thought there would be a check. It was very noticeable and I was a wee bit surprised that the commentators didn't seem to pick up on it. 

Edited by the posh bit

colinmaroon
41 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Bit unfair on Clancy who I thought had a good game

He's actually had a few recently.

Must be something he's taken or he's cut the umbilical cord to the SFA Mafia.  

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Just watching our highlights back. How bitter is Mulgrew! The foul on Beni wasn’t a foul (which it was!) and the goal should have stood, the handball in the box wasn’t a handball (which it clearly was) and it wasn’t a penalty? Neil McCann had the right of it. Miovski undeniably clips Beni. He didn’t mean to, but he did. It was a foul, it meant Beni couldn’t stop the cross, and the decision was correct. Same with the penalty. Yes, Devlin may be unfortunate, but he undeniably handles the ball. That’s a penalty and the decision was correct. Aberdeen can legitmately moan about bad luck, but not about the decisions.

Then Mulgrew says that Shanks ‘shouldn’t’ be at Hearts after the window because he would score lots of goals at the OF! In other words, a diddy club like Hearts have no business having a player like Shanks, he’s clearly too good for us and we should step aside and let him play for a proper big club! What a prize tosser.

Mulgrew the unused sub in the dundee utd team that got beat 9 nil by celtic? Not sure his opinion counts for much.

colinmaroon
Just now, the posh bit said:

I watched the match on Hearts TV. The goalscorer knew he had tripped Beni. He put his hand over his mouth and spoke to 3 or 4 different teammates, obviously alerting them to the fact he thought there would be a check. It was very noticeable and I was a wee bit surprised that the commentators didn't seem to pick up on it. 

Yes, I saw that.  He didn't even smile or celebrate when he scored. 

muldoon74
5 minutes ago, flem said:

Just now seen Mulgrews comments on the Kilmarnock red card. What a total prick he is.  

Just watched his comments on shankland...

Utter 🔔🔚...

I don't watch sportscene past the Hearts game but can imagine he's gone out with some amount of pish in his capacity of 🐓 of the week guest pundit. 

Mulgrew is a halfwit . I liked the bit where he stopped being able to elucidate his thoughts and just looked at the ceiling for a couple of seconds before stuttering some complete pish again 

How on earth can he say that it was not a pen or that Aberdeen's goal should have stood? Especially the pen...

Just now, JJ93 said:

How on earth can he say that it was not a pen or that Aberdeen's goal should have stood? Especially the pen...

Simply because he is a prick, plain and simple. 

James1874f
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Insanity incoming.

We have a chance at finishing above rangers.

There I said it.

No we don't 

tiger Rudi
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Tbh, I kind of agree with him.  Don't get me wrong, I don't for a second want us to sell him, I hope he signs a new long term contract and sees out his career with us, but when we talk about how Shankland can be the difference between us finishing 3rd or not and therefore worth at least something like £5-6m based on Conference League group stage football, I reckon there's a strong likelihood his goals would be hugely influential in deciding which arsecheek wins the league, and that's potentially worth something like £20m per season based on the difference between being in the Champions League group stage and the Europa League group stage, so I actually think if either of them opened the cheque book enough to offer us a fee we couldn't turn down, he'd pay them back in spades.  There's no doubt celtic could afford him, and although a lot of folk say sevco are skint, they're still signing players, and I reckon they'd be able to find the cash through soft loans from directors or something if they wanted to!

Mulgrew's still an utter roaster though! 

Mods delete this post!! We only want opinions that state he runs like he tows a caravan, is overweight and anything else we can think of that would make him a terrible signing for either of the OF!! 

Might be a forlorn hope but I'd love to see him stay put and end his career at Hearts........ Legend in the making. 

PaddysBar

He said by the letter of the law the Killie red card was correct then said it wasn’t a penalty for us😂

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, jonnyinfo said:

Was it not that total runt of a woman Michelle Mone (who's a Celtic fan 🤮) that dobbed him in? 

Oh, that rings a bell. You may well be right. 

luckyBatistuta

Gave up watching Sportscene, can’t be bothered with the amount of biased slavering tools over the years and also the biased highlights too. Just watched it after seeing this thread. Glorious, GIRFUY ya bitter ****. Slavering absolute shiite that it’s not a penalty and also not a foul on Beni. Back to not watching this pish programme again. 

The thick weegie **** should use his limited brain capacity on not leaving his bairn in the car. Get it up you, you talentless no mark.

• davemclaren changed the title to Sportscene/Sportscene
luckyBatistuta

Just watched the Killie v hibs game now. Mulgrew now saying the Killie player deserved a straight red. I can’t believe this clown has actually played football with the absolute garbage he’s slavering on this. Maybe he’s deliberately trying to be controversial, or maybe he’s just a slavering pr!ck

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched the Killie v hibs game now. Mulgrew now saying the Killie player deserved a straight red. I can’t believe this clown has actually played football with the absolute garbage he’s slavering on this. Maybe he’s deliberately trying to be controversial, or maybe he’s just a slavering pr!ck

It's the second option, the boy is just a clueless fud.

• davemclaren changed the title to Sportscene/mulgrew

Good saves from the Ross Co goalkeeper at the penalty. How come that was retaken (and missed again) when ours against Dundee had their goalkeeper  dancing up and down the goal lime as the kick was being taken and we never got a re-take?

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, Vit1874 said:

It's the second option, the boy is just a clueless fud.

Can’t believe I didn’t use my favourite word in my rant. You are of course correct 👍