Klopp leaving Liverpool

jackal

33 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

I see you omitted their Champions League win 😂

Point is, Liverpool and Manchester United are by far the most successful clubs in English football, and very successful in Europe. This, of course, is the main reason why they have so many millions of “fans”.

Historically Liverpool have been domestically dominant, but so were the sheep. Liverpool have one title in decades, I see you omitted that. That's not dominant nor a team for glory hunters.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Placid Casual

• Pasquale for King

• The Real Maroonblood

• JFK-1

John Findlay
1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

Historically Liverpool have been domestically dominant, but so were the sheep. Liverpool have one title in decades, I see you omitted that. That's not dominant nor a team for glory hunters.

Bottom line. Liverpool are the most successful English team in terms of major trophies won to date, at 45.

Placid Casual
4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You have to be on the wind up.

1 hour ago, Placid Casual said:

You have to be on the wind up.

Absolutely not, but I'm now confident you are. You can't comment on what I'm saying, but rather fall back on some ad hominem nothing. 

All stemming from your contention that Liverpool fans, who are among the most fanatical in the EPL,who hadn't seen a title in a generation, are "plastic glory hunters"

Now that's a wind up. If you want to talk about that fine,if you don't then don't bother me anymore with whatever else it is you want to go on about. It's telling and boring when you talk and say nothing about the topic.

32 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Absolutely not, but I'm now confident you are. You can't comment on what I'm saying, but rather fall back on some ad hominem nothing. 

All stemming from your contention that Liverpool fans, who are among the most fanatical in the EPL,who hadn't seen a title in a generation, are "plastic glory hunters"

Now that's a wind up. If you want to talk about that fine,if you don't then don't bother me anymore with whatever else it is you want to go on about. It's telling and boring when you talk and say nothing about the topic.

he is calling out the ridiculous statement that historically aberdeen have been domestically dominant. they are only one domestic trophy ahead of us (17 to 16).

24 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is calling out the ridiculous statement that historically aberdeen have been domestically dominant. they are only one domestic trophy ahead of us (17 to 16).

Well I don't think he is, and I don't think you get the context. I'm not talking about total number of trophies nor the entire history, you clearly are.

I'm talking about a period of dominance in which the sheep absolutely were a dominant side.

A period in which they won the bulk of those trophies and during which they were actually one of the best sides in Europe. That's the context.

Tell you what is ridiculous, calling Liverpool fans plastic glory hunters, and that's what this has all been about. He's since been trying to get me to forget that. Won't happen.

Seymour M Hersh

Is this JFK character actually just a reincarnation of the lunatic snoreson? Talk about dog with a bone. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Also, half theirs were in a small window, Hearts are mote dominant over history with league finishes,  runners up etc.

Their Ferguson Era was amazing, but it was an anomaly,  not the norm by their historical standard's.

Tbg, They've also been the more dominant side in the last 15 years, however we are in the process of reversing that.

Placid Casual
On 29/01/2024 at 21:41, JFK-1 said:

Okay then...

In the last 50 years, Liverpool have won:

6 European Cups/Champions Leagues
1 FIFA Club World Cup
11 League Titles
7 FA Cups
9 League Cups
2 UEFA Cups
4 UEFA Super Cups

In the last 25 years, Liverpool have won:

2 European Cups/Champions League
1 FIFA Club World Cup
1 League Title
3 FA Cups
4 League Cups
1 UEFA Cup
3 UEFA Super Cups

They are one of the most decorated, richest, most recognised and most profiled clubs in the world, competing on all fronts almost every year.

And you think it's "ridiculous" to label the millions of fans not local to Liverpool as glory hunters? It's absolutely laughable. Can't believe I'm having to point something so obvious out.