• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Placid Casual

• Pasquale for King

• The Real Maroonblood

• JFK-1

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

ChatGPT isn't that mind numbingly stupid. 

Definitely written by some 45+ year old who thinks he's "a bit of a character" with his wit that hasn't moved on since being on a playground in the 80s.  The sort of person who has their education on Facebook set to "The School of Hard Knocks" or "The University of Life" and posts thinly-veiled racist Minion memes.

The Diaz bit got a smirk. 

Yep. Also owns special ties for special occasions and everyone in his office dreads him popping over to their desk for some “bantz” 

Placid Casual
11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

totally get what your saying but for me he really comes across as nasty. Like Mourinho was your right.  Not after smiles but when you get beat it’s sometimes down to your own team and nothing wrong with admitting that. Klopp rarely , if ever acknowledges this

A “nasty piece of work”, really? Can you give a few examples?

1971fozzy
50 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

A “nasty piece of work”, really? Can you give a few examples?

we’ll a quick google and here’s one

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

I always find it utterly bizarre that people judge footballers or managers character by what they do or say whilst during a game or not long after it. It’s highly emotional stuff. 

I’d put my money on you have a soft spot for Man U. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I always find it utterly bizarre that people judge footballers or managers character by what they do or say whilst during a game or not long after it. It’s highly emotional stuff. 

It is bizarre interviewing managers and players straight after a match. 

Mad Kloppo oot.:greggy:

57 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

After watching that particular match he would not be human if he was not absolutely fuming! No where near the class of Lennon when he goes off on one!

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Spurs 

1971fozzy
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

After watching that particular match he would not be human if he was not absolutely fuming! No where near the class of Lennon when he goes off on one!

Lennon is a different level 

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

She’s a woman. She can change HIS mind anytime she wants.

A bit sexist there but I get what you're saying.

Seymour M Hersh

Pt two of an accidental triple post.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Part three! :facepalm:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Part three! :facepalm:

😂

who among us hasn’t wanted instant gratification on a post and hit “submit reply” for a second and third time 1 millionth of a second after the first hit.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

😂

who among us hasn’t wanted instant gratification on a post and hit “submit reply” for a second and third time 1 millionth of a second after the first hit.

:oohmatron::qqb006:

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I suspect there's a lot of people on here who would be a hell of a lot 'nastier' than Klopp if they had a microphone stuck in their face 5 minutes after a defeat in a big game, particularly if the game's been decided by a controversial refereeing call. All these top managers are ultra-competitive, passionate guys who hate losing, yet some folk expect them to behave like an angel in interviews.  

Maroon tinted glasses 2

He is a legend at the club and I hope Liverpool win the Europa league to mean Klopp has won every domestic club trophy he could with lfc during his 9 years as manager, and probably would have more premiership titles if citeh hadn't bought them.

I certainly don't think he is arrogant and the way he stands on the half way line to watch the other teams warm up without even glancing at his own squad is brilliant.

He doesn't like the "I'm so glad" song that fans sing and says it should always be about the team and the players not him. He always has time to talk or get a photo with people if you are nice enough (unlike Rodgers who was a *****). 

It's very rare that managers like him come along and fit in so well at a club so he will be a massive loss for Liverpool. I'm just so glad that Gerrard (although loved by the fans and LFC) was found out on a managerial level before he got his hands on Liverpool. 

I will be at the game against Norwich tomorrow and although Klopp doesn't like it, the focus will be around him.

I am going to the carabo final with my lad next month and selfishly I also hope Klopp gets Liverpool get to the fa cup and Europa finals (and win the league) this season so I can go with my lad who is mad daft on Liverpool and it would be a great send off for Klopp to end his final season with trophies.

1971fozzy
8 hours ago, stirlo said:

I suspect there's a lot of people on here who would be a hell of a lot 'nastier' than Klopp if they had a microphone stuck in their face 5 minutes after a defeat in a big game, particularly if the game's been decided by a controversial refereeing call. All these top managers are ultra-competitive, passionate guys who hate losing, yet some folk expect them to behave like an angel in interviews.  

the folk you refer to aren’t likely on £250k a week in wages but hey ho

Edited by 1971fozzy

Opinionated Jambo
On 27/01/2024 at 00:37, No Idle Talk said:

Indeed. If Salah leaves at the end of the season that will be a really bitter pill to swallow. For my money, the two most important people at the club both gone in the space of a few months if that happens.

Yes, I totally agree. If that did indeed happen, I think Liverpool would do really really well to finish in the top 4 that season.

On 26/01/2024 at 08:56, Placid Casual said:

Would be quite funny seeing Liverpool go the same way as Manchester United though. I like and admire Liverpool as a club and as a city, but I can’t stand their plastic glory-hunting fans.

How can people following their local team be called plastic glory hunters? Does that apply to anybody supporting a successful local side? Or just Liverpool fans.

Plus their relative success was missing for decades after their 70's and 80's glory years, the fans were still supporting their local team because it's a generational thing often passing from father to son.

And what have they won recently? It's not as if they're bagging silverware like Celtic. Or Man City, real plastic glory hunters.

Some have had their ashes buried in Anfield, they're no plastic glory hunters. 

2 minutes ago, benny said:

You have to laugh at the cult.

IMG_0187.jpeg

Jeez, that is worse than when all the little girls cried when take that split in the 90s

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

How can people following their local team be called plastic glory hunters? Does that apply to anybody supporting a successful local side? Or just Liverpool fans.

Plus their relative success was missing for decades after their 70's and 80's glory years, the fans were still supporting their local team because it's a generational thing often passing from father to son.

And what have they won recently? It's not as if they're bagging silverware like Celtic. Or Man City, real plastic glory hunters.

Yes, I could have worded it better — I don’t mean at all their fans in or from Liverpool and the surrounding area.

I know it’s supposed to a global game now, but Christ, most fans of their fans are insufferable, especially on social media. This goes for most fans of all the super-rich, successful clubs.

Edited by Placid Casual

Placid Casual
23 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not exactly being a “nasty piece of work, is he”? Many more examples?

Klopp is well-liked and respected by the vast majority in the game. I’ve always thought he comes across as a really good guy.

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Are you talking about Liverpool here? Surely not 😂

Edited by Placid Casual

You've got to question the character of a man who has spent 9 years rimming Scousers. That and the mouth full of Horse teeth.

Placid Casual
43 minutes ago, benny said:

IMG_0187.jpeg

To be fair, this happened with me when Robbo went to Newcastle United.

1971fozzy
32 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Not exactly being a “nasty piece of work, is he”? Many more examples?

Klopp is well-liked and respected by the vast majority in the game. I’ve always thought he comes across as a really good guy.

I really can’t be bothered , just Google it if your knickers are that much in a knot about it.

Placid Casual
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I really can’t be bothered , just Google it if your knickers are that much in a knot about it.

😂😂

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

So you buy into the myth that Man Utd fans are all glory hunters and Liverpool fans are all scouse born and bred? 

The Treasurer

Just to confirm, Klopp is only leaving his very well paid job, he's not actually dead. 

The outpouring of "grief" from fans and media is way OTT 

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Just to confirm, Klopp is only leaving his very well paid job, he's not actually dead. 

You can't blame Klopp, as he has said this from the moment the news was made public.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

There was a few posters on here who was similar when Neilson left. 

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There was a few posters on here who was similar when Neilson left. 

:wavey: He'll be back. 

I was gutted when Robbo left. 

manaliveits105
43 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's actually quite nauseating I would imagine the goon brigade are knitting a banner to get in on the grief 

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:wavey: He'll be back. 

I was gutted when Robbo left. 

👍

Luckies1874
On 27/01/2024 at 12:10, 1971fozzy said:

Spurs 

Your nonsense take is even more weird then given the total class he showed to the Spurs players after Liverpool emptied them in the Champions League Final!  Judging by their reactions to him it's clear your view isn't shared! An absolutely class individual. 

20 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

Are you talking about Liverpool here? Surely not 😂

Absolutely, I don't know what you're talking about though.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, milky_26 said:

Jeez, that is worse than when all the little girls cried when take that split in the 90s

Yip, I'll  "never forger" that.

Remnants of Standards

What you can't argue over is that since 2016 by and large his team has been extremely entertaining to watch. Rodgers put it into motion but Klopp has taken it up several levels and beyond. 

I don't think there's any agenda other than he's knackered and needs a break; I bet a few of us wish we could do the same.

Edited by Remnants of Standards

Placid Casual
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Absolutely, I don't know what you're talking about though.

🙄 Read the underlined text in your quote.

This line here: And what have they won recently? It's not as if they're bagging silverware

Edited by Placid Casual

Seymour M Hersh
On 28/01/2024 at 11:02, SE16 3LN said:

You've got to question the character of a man who has spent 9 years rimming Scousers. That and the mouth full of Horse teeth.

Better than yourself being a horses arse an all! 

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well if you think 3 domestic trophies in 9 years is hovering up the silverware Celtic style you and I disagree. Rangers have that many in the 7 years since they returned to the top league. So presumably you think they're hoovering them up too.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

that previous post was meant for the one above you.

8 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

🙄 Read the underlined text in your quote.

This line here: And what have they won recently? It's not as if they're bagging silverware

Well if you think 3 domestic trophies in 9 years is hoovering up the silverware Celtic style you and I disagree. Rangers have that many in the 7 years since they returned to the top league. So presumably you think they're hoovering them up too.

Placid Casual
18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Well if you think 3 domestic trophies in 9 years is hoovering up the silverware Celtic style you and I disagree. Rangers have that many in the 7 years since they returned to the top league. So presumably you think they're hoovering them up too.

I see you omitted their Champions League win 😂

Point is, Liverpool and Manchester United are by far the most successful clubs in English football, and very successful in Europe. This, of course, is the main reason why they have so many millions of “fans”.