• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Placid Casual

• Pasquale for King

• The Real Maroonblood

• 1971fozzy

Chillidigits

Must have a decent amount in his piggy bank for a comfortable retirement. Mind you if the Hearts jobs came up he'd abandon his big slipper in a flash.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The before and after pictures quite illuminating how much he has aged. Since I really dont like any of the "Big 6", quite a joyous day

Not a LFC fan but I will miss him - a real character 

Going out at the tip as well, even if they don't win the league this season they'll push whoever does all the way I think. He's going while folk still love him there, nice to be able to do it on your own terms.

Massive character in the league and will be a big miss I think. Liverpool fans will rightly place him up there with the greats of their club.

Good luck to the guy.

3 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Xavi Alonso will no doubt replace him.

His system relies heavily on the full backs in attack which would suit Alexander-Arnold and Robertson

Thunder and Lightning

For the best, now fans are in stadiums again and VAR isn't giving them every decision they wont be winning much.

ToadKiller Dog

Lot of talk that klopp will take over Germany after the euros. 

Would make sense I guess .

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Lot of talk that klopp will take over Germany after the euros. 

Would make sense I guess .

Hes just said he wont/cant take another managers job for a year at least, probably contractual. 

JamboJoker98

Could do a job??

Hard expectations to live up to now for whoever does come next

ToadKiller Dog
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes just said he wont/cant take another managers job for a year at least, probably contractual. 

Likely the media putting 2+2 ,as Germany nit expected to have a good euros .

And he would be the obvious next choice .

When Klopp left Dortmund he was true to his word that he would have a break so could see it happening again. Massive loss for Liverpool. Gerrard will be gutted his successor plan failed

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Likely the media putting 2+2 ,as Germany nit expected to have a good euros .

And he would be the obvious next choice .

Definitely, but he’s clever enough to realise that this isn’t a great time to be their manager. 

I've always liked Klopp, good luck to him. Hope they don't come sniffing around Naismith 🤞

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I've always liked Klopp, good luck to him. Hope they don't come sniffing around Naismith 🤞

Given Naismith's 3 and a bit years at Everton, I can't see him being their first choice :lol: 

AlimOzturk

Great manager. Living legend in Liverpool. Doubt he does a bigger and better job than what he achieved there 

henrysmithsgloves

Rumour is he is going to the Huns😳 let's face it anyone that's decent" shanks" is going there🤣

Pasquale for King

They will need Salah to stay for at least another year, easier said than done with the blood money on offer elsewhere. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Marvin said:

He has more chance than Gerrard 😆

ford donald
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The man has put his heart and soul into LFC, they wiil never be as good again, without him.

Gundermann
34 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Rumour is he is going to the Huns😳 let's face it anyone that's decent" shanks" is going there🤣

Nonsense.

Hibs new sugar daddy will snap him up. He's attracted by the Greggs in Tranent, the sell-out stadiums each week and the famous Brazilian method of playing.

2 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Must have a decent amount in his piggy bank for a comfortable retirement. Mind you if the Hearts jobs came up he'd abandon his big slipper in a flash.

He said he would never manage in the EPL - didn't mention the SPFL 😉

Wonder if the transition year going a lot better than predicted swung it for him

Placid Casual

Hope he enjoys his break from football. A real good guy and one of the greatest managers of the modern game. His teams are a pleasure to watch.

Too soon for Xabi Alonso to Liverpool?

Placid Casual

Would be quite funny seeing Liverpool go the same way as Manchester United though. I like and admire Liverpool as a club and as a city, but I can’t stand their plastic glory-hunting fans.

2 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Reading between the lines, he's clearly fervently hoping that he's deemed ready for the Hearts job.  Dream on Jurgs my boy.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has more chance than Gerrard 😆

Gerrard would be a disaster. 

henrysmithsgloves
46 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Nonsense.

Hibs new sugar daddy will snap him up. He's attracted by the Greggs in Tranent, the sell-out stadiums each week and the famous Brazilian method of playing.

Thought they were going for the chosen one😳 every day is a school day 👍🏻

Placid Casual
2 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

Xavi Alonso will no doubt replace him.

I missed this on first read.

There seems to be talk of him heading to Real Madrid in the near future, but Liverpool could tempt him.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Indeed 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

This bit is very important.

Good on him.

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

The man has put his heart and soul into LFC, they wiil never be as good again, without him.

Most probably 

A_A wehatethehibs

Next Germany manager surely. DFB have been after him for years and it ties in with what he’s said about energy levels

Been great for Liverpool. Deserved more trophies than he’s actually had, but came up short competing against a couple of GOAT teams in the business end of seasons, Real Madrid and Man City. Klopp could’ve had 3 Prems and 3 CLs. Those 90 point seasons losing out to city, hard to believe, the standards they reached any other season deserved winners medals. Time to go for the World Cup 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, ford donald said:

They probably thought the same after Bob Paisley. History has proven otherwise.

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

Came in as a breath of fresh air.

Now he's just a bitter auld grump.

:byebye:

I know the feeling. 

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I could still see it at some point tho. Don’t underestimate the status level he holds in Liverpool. If he said he wants to come home, they might just bring him home, to give him a last chance to try and win a PL. Which he’d fail at in Lampard-esque fashion obviously. But the my might still try. 

26 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Next Germany manager surely. DFB have been after him for years and it ties in with what he’s said about energy levels

Been great for Liverpool. Deserved more trophies than he’s actually had, but came up short competing against a couple of GOAT teams in the business end of seasons, Real Madrid and Man City. Klopp could’ve had 3 Prems and 3 CLs. Those 90 point seasons losing out to city, hard to believe, the standards they reached any other season deserved winners medals. Time to go for the World Cup 

It would make a lot of sense. The easier pace of a national job definitely suits an older manager - not that Klopp is that old. But to take an example, you get the feeling that the Scottish national team job is just right for Stevie Clarke given the stage he is at with his managerial career.

I've always thought that Klopp comes across as a likable guy. Yes, he can be a bit angry at times, but to be successful in that job you've got to have a bit of fire in your belly.

Stumbled across his press conference just now, no job Club or International in the next year and will never manage another English team.

21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I could still see it at some point tho. Don’t underestimate the status level he holds in Liverpool. If he said he wants to come home, they might just bring him home, to give him a last chance to try and win a PL. Which he’d fail at in Lampard-esque fashion obviously. But the my might still try. 

I really doubt that. Bringing back Dalglish second time around didn't really work out and I think they now know that was probably the heart ruling the head. I also think a lot of fans think differently these days. In fact, when the topic of a new manager comes up on here, it's interesting how many fans specifically want someone who doesn't have a Hearts connection.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Likeable character. Will be a loss.

Likeable when things are going his way, comes over as an absolute entitled arsehole when things go against him 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, stirlo said:

I really doubt that. Bringing back Dalglish second time around didn't really work out and I think they now know that was probably the heart ruling the head. I also think a lot of fans think differently these days. In fact, when the topic of a new manager comes up on here, it's interesting how many fans specifically want someone who doesn't have a Hearts connection.

He really is Mr Liverpool tho, it’s actually on another level to Dalglish, because Stevie is a full blown shaven headed scouser who gets in scraps at pubs. He’s big and he’s foooken hard. The identity connection is beyond what you’d think. They worship him. A big number of them would want to see their local hero given his chance to put that slip right as a manager and get another go at winning a Prem.