*******Official Hearts v Aberdeen Match Thread*******

Sooperstar

17 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah EEN reporting interest from down South in Championship.

17 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Some web chat about Ipswich and Blackburn looking at Cochrane mibbe pish who knows 🤷‍♂️

Ah, Thanks guys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Marvin

• feej

1971fozzy

It’s a massive chance to extend. With st Mirren having rangers and Kilmarnock v hibs (draw please) , there’s real scope to make it a huge gap.

what I’d give to actually go ahead in a game. Start fast and score and the place will be rocking.

1-0 Hearts

Scott Leitch
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

More important for them to win.

If we beat them, they'll all but give up on 3rd, if they win and can win 2 or 3 of their games in hand then they'll feel they have a sniff.

Beat them and that's them out of 3rd place imo.

Like a mini cup final, I'm in hospitality anaw so we better win.

Tight game me thinks.

6-3.

😂

I'm in hospitality as well for this!

Cruickie's Moustache

Even if Aberdeen win the four games they have in hand over us they will still be 5pts behind.

Would love the 3pts at the weekend but for me its the next five games that seals our season as I can't see teams below us going on a serious run and they are all are going to take points of each other or lose to the OF

Until we meet T'Rangers on 24 Feb its

(h) Aberdeen

(a) Dundee again

(a) St Johnstone 

(h) Motherwell

All with Airdrie in the cup in the middle.

A wee win there gets us into the quarter's, one step away from a Hampden appearance.

In the league I'd happily take two wins and a coupe of dour 0-0 draws for 8 points.

Aberdeen may be the toughest test and Dundee will be out for revenge but 6 points against the other two should be achievable.

As always its key to get points from all games.

Main thing is that we now have a healthy gap and nice run of fixtures to set us up for the final push from the end of Feb onwards.

5 minutes ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

Even if Aberdeen win the four games they have in hand over us they will still be 5pts behind.

Would love the 3pts at the weekend but for me its the next five games that seals our season as I can't see teams below us going on a serious run and they are all are going to take points of each other or lose to the OF

Until we meet T'Rangers on 24 Feb its

(h) Aberdeen

(a) Dundee again

(a) St Johnstone 

(h) Motherwell

All with Airdrie in the cup in the middle.

A wee win there gets us into the quarter's, one step away from a Hampden appearance.

In the league I'd happily take two wins and a coupe of dour 0-0 draws for 8 points.

Aberdeen may be the toughest test and Dundee will be out for revenge but 6 points against the other two should be achievable.

As always its key to get points from all games.

Main thing is that we now have a healthy gap and nice run of fixtures to set us up for the final push from the end of Feb onwards.

The run of 7 games after Hibs was Ross Co, Livi, Dundee, then the ones here.

I said 14 points would be underwhelming but leave us in an extremely strong position for 3rd.  We've taken 7 from 3.  8 more points from those 4 games would be a good return.

60 points will do 3rd with probably a couple to spare.  We're on 39 now.  There will be 12 games remaining after this run of games.

Basically win on Saturday, I honestly think it's done bar the shouting.  A draw, far from disaster as it's really about no one gaining ground on us, especially Aberdeen.

I'm usually quite set on how I think we should play (and prob often wrong!), but I'm struggling with this one.  I think we need 3 in midfield cos we can't let that dick Shinnie get his way.  But is it 352 or 433?????  I think it might be 433.  Basically start the shape we ended with yesterday.

Clark

Dex Kent Halks Kingsley

Newy Cochrane

Grant

O/V Shanks Forrest

Lot's of people pumping Tait straight in and I get that.  I think it maybe likely we manage the lad.  Keep him making impact from the bench for now.  I think Cochrane's dig might just win for me - he's done well at CM recently I've felt.  Curveball could be Fraser, I guess.

I'm genuinely not fussed between Vargas and Oda.  As long as the instruction is "get ball and go", they are both highly capable.

This is all assuming no Beni and no Denholm, of course.

No Boyce, Cam, Barrie, Nat, Rowles and maybe Beni and Denholm.  If we ever get down to only having one or two missing, it'll be immense!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If 60 points does it, and it should, we need 21 points from 16, and thats possibly giving all others too much credit, however February last year was a disaster that cant be repeated

Would take a 1-0, but I hope we run them ragged. 

They've got a lot of games up coming so giving them a game to drain the legs could affect them later and work to our advantage. 

If I was Robson I would be happy for a point, so I would expect them to park the bus.  

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I'm usually quite set on how I think we should play (and prob often wrong!), but I'm struggling with this one.  I think we need 3 in midfield cos we can't let that dick Shinnie get his way.  But is it 352 or 433?????  I think it might be 433.  Basically start the shape we ended with yesterday.

Clark

Dex Kent Halks Kingsley

Newy Cochrane

Grant

O/V Shanks Forrest

Lot's of people pumping Tait straight in and I get that.  I think it maybe likely we manage the lad.  Keep him making impact from the bench for now.  I think Cochrane's dig might just win for me - he's done well at CM recently I've felt.  Curveball could be Fraser, I guess.

I'm genuinely not fussed between Vargas and Oda.  As long as the instruction is "get ball and go", they are both highly capable.

No Boyce, Cam, Barrie, Nat, Rowles and maybe Beni and Denholm.  If we ever get down to only having one or two missing, it'll be immense!!

Good side. Vargas has the form but Oda was superb against them last season and absolutely roasted Jonny Hayes. Oda’s best performance in a Hearts shirt and one I’ll remember for a long time.

Edited by GinRummy

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I'd not start Tait.  Not that I do not hink he played well last night as I think he did but these youngsters need to be played sporadically imo. When they start playing well in these games then they feature more.  It is a huge step up.  They are all out to impress at the start so play well but then reality and the expectations kick in. Take Denhold, had a blinder at Parkhead then been honking since.  Was the same with wee Cochrane a few years back, Irving etc.  We need ot manage the integration better imo.

Absolutely spot on! We put young Cochrane on a pedestal and we expected him to carry our midfield. Tait is a talent that we need to nurture.

2 hours ago, I.T.K said:

Would take a 1-0, but I hope we run them ragged. 

They've got a lot of games up coming so giving them a game to drain the legs could affect them later and work to our advantage. 

If I was Robson I would be happy for a point, so I would expect them to park the bus.  

Nope don’t see it. They desperately need a win and will be right up for it - so do our players!

Pans Jambo

Love it when we beat them 👊

3 points Hearts. Nothing else!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

5-0 Shankland to score 5

All of them penalties.

As well as the 3 he will miss.

::troll::

We need to make a statement in this match - urgency and decisiveness can put us in a really strong position to secure third spot. This was missing in the first half on Tuesday so let’s not make the same mistakes again. I would start on Saturday with the team that finished on Tuesday, in the same formation.

We’ve been horrific in recent seasons in Feb and March. Would be nice to see improvement and a consistency from the team in those months, no matter how far we are ahead.  

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Has there been any word on Beni yet ? Extent of injury

Couple of weeks according to the man himself today but that’s just his opinion nothing confirmed 

No Idle Talk

More points dropped by Aberdeen tonight. 

I remember what happened last season but really if we beat them on Saturday they have got a mountain to climb if they are going to catch us in the league. 

gar jambo
32 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I remember what happened last season but really if we beat them on Saturday they have got a mountain to climb if they are going to catch us in the league. 

Yes so do  I but it won’t happen this season  hearts will finish 10 clear of the rest ,

Mikey1874

Asked on BBC Sportsound if he thinks Aberdeen can catch Hearts, Robson said: "We've got to believe that, and I believe that. We need to go and try our best to do that. We've still got a few games in hand on them.

"We want to go on a run and perform well. We did it last year. It's going to be a big ask.

"But we believe that and we've got to fight for every point. There tonight we had to make sure we get over the line and pick up the three points.

"That's a learning curve. But we just have to go and win games and get it right in both boxes."

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Couple of weeks according to the man himself today but that’s just his opinion nothing confirmed 

That’s disappointing if the case. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Asked on BBC Sportsound if he thinks Aberdeen can catch Hearts, Robson said: "We've got to believe that, and I believe that. We need to go and try our best to do that. We've still got a few games in hand on them.

"We want to go on a run and perform well. We did it last year. It's going to be a big ask.

"But we believe that and we've got to fight for every point. There tonight we had to make sure we get over the line and pick up the three points.

"That's a learning curve. But we just have to go and win games and get it right in both boxes."

IMG_2133.jpeg

8 hours ago, Queensland Jambo said:

All of them penalties.

As well as the 3 he will miss.

::troll::

:spoton:

:)

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Agreed, a win gives them some hope as we've still to get beaten up there once and if they won a couple of games in hand they'd be thinking it's possible. 

Beat them on Saturday and we're not far from double their points!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Victorian

The most likely 3rd place rival has changed a few times and has been difficult to gauge because of games in hand.  It's still unclear but Aberdeen remain the candidate for me.  The game on Saturday is a huge chance to make life very difficult for them.  

We've done enough to now have a buffer.  No must win games for us atm.  This is a must not lose game for them.

Edited by Victorian

Granite95

Dons fan here - zero chance we get anything from this game (can see it being similar to the 5-0 skudding from 12 months ago).

In general our games vs each other tends to almost always favour the home side

But for Saturday be shocked if you don't win by at least 3 goals

Gundermann

Dons looked awful against SJ last night from what I saw/ heard of the highlights and commentary. VAR came to their aid, not necessarily wrong but soft decisions.

Defence and goalie looked very vulnerable.

Hopefully we play to our potential and start the match in the 1st minute and not the 45th.

Lossiemouth Jambo
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

5-0 Shankland to score 5

And miss a pen or 2? 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Dons fan here - zero chance we get anything from this game (can see it being similar to the 5-0 skudding from 12 months ago).

In general our games vs each other tends to almost always favour the home side

But for Saturday be shocked if you don't win by at least 3 goals

We haven’t beaten anyone by 3 goals this season and Tuesday was the first time we’ve scored 3 in the league.  Would be a good time to start though but unfortunately would probably mean Robson loses his job or do you reckon the board will give him this tough run of 4 games?

We start games so slowly though so I wouldn’t be writing your chances off yet.  First goal will be vital, we can’t keep giving teams 2 goal starts as we have in our last 2 home games. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Refreshing to watch their first half last night, they didnt have anything like the purpose of Dundee. They do seem capable of raising their game though, expect it to be tight in truth, not convinced by our midfield at all.

They need it more is my concern, hoping Naismith shakes that slumber out of us and we want to bury them.

Granite95
48 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We haven’t beaten anyone by 3 goals this season and Tuesday was the first time we’ve scored 3 in the league.  Would be a good time to start though but unfortunately would probably mean Robson loses his job or do you reckon the board will give him this tough run of 4 games?

We start games so slowly though so I wouldn’t be writing your chances off yet.  First goal will be vital, we can’t keep giving teams 2 goal starts as we have in our last 2 home games. 

No chance we'll win think we've not won in the last 11 games or something like that, so cant see it changing

Our board will let Robson see until after Feb I reckon, saw it with Goodwin, losing to Darvel wasnt seen as a serious enough offence so cant see Robson being binned for another few weeks anyway.

The Real Maroonblood
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

5-0 Shankland to score 5

All penalties. 

gar jambo
22 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

😂

I'm in hospitality as well for this!

I think they are kidding themselves on talking about 3 rd I have not seen any different with this Aberdeen ! Also we definitely won’t make that mistake we did last year hearts will be at least 10 points clear from any the rest for sure he

22 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Clark

Dex Kent Halks Kingsley

Newy Cochrane

Grant

O/V Shanks Forrest

Agree - Harry Cochrane. 

Overplayed and ended up having Brown deciding he was going to injury him because he didn't like being outplayed by a bairn. Never recovered. 

With Tait, keep him as a sub whilst he builds himself up in experience but also the physical and mental side of the game. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

The most likely 3rd place rival has changed a few times and has been difficult to gauge because of games in hand.  It's still unclear but Aberdeen remain the candidate for me.  The game on Saturday is a huge chance to make life very difficult for them.  

We've done enough to now have a buffer.  No must win games for us atm.  This is a must not lose game for them.

Not so sure this season.

Beat them on Saturday, and we are 19 points clear.  Yes, they’ll have 3 games in hand still but there isn’t anyway they are even taking the max points from them.

It does feel weird to think of Kilmarnock and St Mirren as our likely nearest rivals for 3rd though, I agree.

Jack Torrance

3-0 The Hearts.

Aberdeen to turn up without suitable strips, and borrow ours.

Shankland contract extension announced at half time, exclusively on the big screens.

Robson's managerial contract extended after the game. Willie Miller apoplectic on hearing the news.

🙏

Any word on Devlin and Boyce?

I think Cammy would suit this game especially if Beni is unavailable 

gordiegords
19 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

3-0 The Hearts.

Aberdeen to turn up without suitable strips, and borrow ours.

Shankland contract extension announced at half time, exclusively on the big screens.

Robson's managerial contract extended after the game. Willie Miller apoplectic on hearing the news.

🙏

At half time the other night the big screens started showing a very alluring ad, the whole stadium went tense for a minute, Craig Gordon in the video, new contract maybe? 

naw, it was a love holidays ad 🤣😆

Japan Jambo
On 23/01/2024 at 23:31, neilnunb said:

Yeah, nevermind the goals at Easter Road, against Ross County and at Livi. 

Erse. 🤣

Screenshot_20240123_232910_Samsung Internet.jpg

one for the dressing room wall

Japan Jambo
On 24/01/2024 at 10:55, OTT said:

Whose winning the ball in midfield? 

Not disagreeing Haring isn't a great option but I don't see us dominating the ball. Need to be tough to breakdown and not be overrun in midfield. 

When is Cami due back to fitness?

MarkDevriesScores4
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Any word on Devlin and Boyce?

I think Cammy would suit this game especially if Beni is unavailable 

I think Naismith said mid-late Feb for Cammy. Not sure about Boyce but I think he’s slightly ahead of Cammy.