*******Official Hearts v Aberdeen Match Thread*******

Sooperstar

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Let's see where we stand after the next two games in Dundee and Perth.

Yep, 2 grounds that we are typically terrible at (I know we won at St.J earlier in the season). 

Id be ecstatic with 6 points or even 4 points but I’m not holding my breath. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Marvin

• feej

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

kent, halkett only came on in injury time at the end of the game

Correct, my mind is mush 

Wee Mikey
18 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Not a trumpet, a bugle, no valves and very difficult to play! Cut him some slack..bet you couldn't talk in front of over 18,000 folk! Thought the flag and pole looked Gold brothers standard!

Apologies for inadvertantly offending you.

Good spot, though ... and, yes, a bugle is a tricky instrument, for sure.

I've managed to get a tune out of a trombone, lol, and the only instrument to stymie me thus far is the violin ... the instrument of hell for neighbours.

But, not too sure how you can assume that I'd not be able to talk in front of 18,000 ... perhaps projecting your own fear of public speaking onto me? I've sang in front of 5000, if that's any worth in your book.

Oh, and no dis-respect intended to the bugler ... in fact, hats off for having the wherewithall to give it a go. But, it was the musical equivalent of a penalty taker hitting the corner flag. Character building stuff and I have no doubts whatsoever that that lad or lass will, one day, be a top performer and look back on that with humour ... maybe on a future episode of 'Would I Lie To You?". If it was my lad or lass, I'd be as proud as punch.

The sesquicentennial flag raising may well have been 'Gold Bros. standard', but it looked just fine to me.

Screenshot_20240128_181826_Gallery.jpg

Wee Mikey
7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Can’t wait for the glamour friendly against Leyton Orient

Wanna know?

That would be a richt guid match.

I'm hoping that it's on the agenda.

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, Berrassobad said:

in front of 5000 eh - must have been the echodome

Princes St Gardens ... Festival time.

When would the Echodome have 5K in attendance?

🤭

Berrassobad
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Princes St Gardens ... Festival time.

When would the Echodome have 5K in attendance?

🤭

For a neutral venue league cup semi

Wee Mikey
7 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

For a neutral venue league cup semi

I'm hoping that we meet H1b5 in a(nother) semi at Hampden.

They'll have in excess of 5K there ... until about the 60th minute.

Rocky will head the ball through his own legs for our 1st, and then lay on an assist for Shanks via a long punt.

Fish will provide a pen for our 3rd, and we'll win after our 2 subs score one each to make it 5-0 ...

But ... we'll let them score a consolation to make it 5-1 and it'll only be Hearts fans left in the stadium to cheer their goal mockingly.

indianajones
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nice one, cheers. I couldn't find it for some reason. Looking forward to watching that beauty from Shankland. 

Wee Mikey
35 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nice one, cheers. I couldn't find it for some reason. Looking forward to watching that beauty from Shankland. 

It's a peach.

Totally 'Steals' the ball from Grant ...

... then ...

BOOM ...

Edited by Wee Mikey

indianajones
40 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's a peach.

Totally 'Steals' the ball from Grant ...

... then ...

BOOM ...

Get out the way Jorgey boy. 

I love Shankland. 

Berrassobad
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I've managed to get a tune out of a trombone, lol, and the only instrument to stymie me thus far is the violin ... the instrument of hell for neighbours.

But, not too sure how you can assume that I'd not be able to talk in front of 18,000 ... perhaps projecting your own fear of public speaking onto me? I've sang in front of 5000, if that's any worth in your book.

Oh, and no dis-respect intended to the bugler ... in fact, hats off for having the wherewithall to give it a go. But, it was the musical equivalent of a penalty taker hitting the corner flag. Character building stuff and I have no doubts whatsoever that that lad or lass will, one day, be a top performer and look back on that with humour ... maybe on a future episode of 'Would I Lie To You?". If it was my lad or lass, I'd be as proud as punch.

The sesquicentennial flag raising may well have been 'Gold Bros. standard', but it looked just fine to me.

I will pass on my compliments to my new neighbours.......Gold Brother 1/2 ?....dunno - but fk me when they moved in was like the bollywood totty baftas

FarmerTweedy
On 27/01/2024 at 17:23, campbell said:

Yeah I get that could be the case but we seem to do it a lot more than other teams, plus if it wasn’t for a accidental trip Aberdeen deservedly go 1-0 up & it’s a totally different game! We start like that against either of the unwashed & we are 2/3 down at half time 

Well, not really, or certainly not definitely anyway. At the point where Miovski trips Beni, Beni is tracking the guy going down the wing with the ball, and Kingsley is tracking Miovski. Beni being taken out causes Kingsley to change his run and try to get out to the winger, but he can't get out to him quickly enough, and also leaves Miovski in free space to take the ball played in, with plenty of time to set himself and shoot. If Beni isn't taken out, he's got a much better chance than Kingsley did of stopping the ball in, plus Kingsley is right with Miovski and quite possibly stops the ball getting to him if it gets past Beni, and probably still makes things a lot more difficult for Miovski if it does get to him.  In short, if Beni isn't tripped, there probably isn't an Aberdeen goal to disallow in the first place. 

16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Always thought the advice to think of your audience as naked worked both ways! Overconfidence can be a burden!

Wee Mikey
15 hours ago, indianajones said:

Get out the way Jorgey boy. 

I love Shankland. 

One match report has Grant laying it off for Shanks, but I ha'e ma doots. For me, it was Shanks' quick thinking and spotting the shot ... an instantaneous 'you got the pen, and I'm 'avin this'.

If that's an example of a dis-interested, downing tools, head-turned Hearts captain ... not to mention fatso (c.f. numerous bonkers threads) then more of the same, please.

As for the media bumming up Miovski as one to eclipse Shanks' goals this season?

Ha ha ha ... and an extra ha.

🎶🎵🎶

"We've got ...

Etc., etc

🎶🎵🎶

❤️❤️G❤️

Wee Mikey
10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Well, not really, or certainly not definitely anyway. At the point where Miovski trips Beni, Beni is tracking the guy going down the wing with the ball, and Kingsley is tracking Miovski. Beni being taken out causes Kingsley to change his run and try to get out to the winger, but he can't get out to him quickly enough, and also leaves Miovski in free space to take the ball played in, with plenty of time to set himself and shoot. If Beni isn't taken out, he's got a much better chance than Kingsley did of stopping the ball in, plus Kingsley is right with Miovski and quite possibly stops the ball getting to him if it gets past Beni, and probably still makes things a lot more difficult for Miovski if it does get to him.  In short, if Beni isn't tripped, there probably isn't an Aberdeen goal to disallow in the first place. 

👏👏👏

Get yersel' a pundit spot on Sportscene.

On 27/01/2024 at 17:53, Go for it 1308 said:

Why?

Because he applauded all 4 sides of the ground then high fived our entire coaching team. It also felt to me like Naisy wouldn’t make that sub under normal circumstances. I could well just be being paranoid but it had all the hallmarks of us letting him say bye.

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, haj said:

Because he applauded all 4 sides of the ground then high fived our entire coaching team. It also felt to me like Naisy wouldn’t make that sub under normal circumstances. I could well just be being paranoid but it had all the hallmarks of us letting him say bye.

If he had thrown his strip into the crowd I might agree. 😄

He could've been reaffirming his status as captain by high fiving after being taken off penalty duty.   Bit of leadership there instead of sulking.  

Great result as well. 2-0, Shankland top corner, not a penalty 😁 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, haj said:

Maybe so mate

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

If he had thrown his strip into the crowd I might agree. 😄

You mean he didn't (throw his strip into the crowd)? I thought I must have missed it with all the posts on here suggesting a substitution with only a few minutes to go must mean he's off. And now we've got the 'he's away' brigade saying Hearts' improved, 'take it or leave it' offer is cover for his impending transfer so they can say, 'we tried our best to keep him'. If that was the case, why on earth would they arrange a farewell substitution for him to say goodbye?

PS I'm not saying he's definitely staying, just that his substitution and gestures to the crowd etc don't indicate he's said his farewells.

Pennywise

Long shot but I think I lost my wallet at Tynecastle on Saturday, dont sippose anyone found it....? Few people around me talking about Kickback so thought I would ask 😄 I've emailed the club to see if it has been handed in. 

FarmerTweedy
47 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Long shot but I think I lost my wallet at Tynecastle on Saturday, dont sippose anyone found it....? Few people around me talking about Kickback so thought I would ask 😄 I've emailed the club to see if it has been handed in. 

If it's any consolation, my new 75" 4k hdr TV is magnificent, thanks!

Kidding of course, hope you get it back, but also hope you've cancelled all your bank cards!

Pennywise
13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If it's any consolation, my new 75" 4k hdr TV is magnificent, thanks!

Kidding of course, hope you get it back, but also hope you've cancelled all your bank cards!

Trust me mate, if someone seen my account they would probably stick a fiver in it for me 😂 I've had no notifications from the bank or credit cards to say its been used which is making me think (hope!) it's been handed in 👍

3 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

You mean he didn't (throw his strip into the crowd)? I thought I must have missed it with all the posts on here suggesting a substitution with only a few minutes to go must mean he's off. And now we've got the 'he's away' brigade saying Hearts' improved, 'take it or leave it' offer is cover for his impending transfer so they can say, 'we tried our best to keep him'. If that was the case, why on earth would they arrange a farewell substitution for him to say goodbye?

PS I'm not saying he's definitely staying, just that his substitution and gestures to the crowd etc don't indicate he's said his farewells.

Not necessarily, no. But it wasn’t a normal sub to make. As I said I could well just be being paranoid but my reaction at the time was that he was saying his goodbyes and all the coaches knew it. Doesnae really matter tbh - we’ll know by tomorrow!