• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

• Marvin

• feej

25 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Not sure why this topic started, I've never advocated fans should be more positive as such, I'm a realist and actually argue the opposite, we should be more honest/ realistic! I get the super fan wants a win every week, ignores obvious signs all is not well etc. But I was at Dens park, had a frozen (hot) pie before the game, had an expectation but not a supreme confidence, watched in horror as we played within ourselves and made rank rotten choices during play, lost the only league win we threatened in my lifetime. I expect nothing....but always live in hope! If this site allowed you to quickly see the various comments in chronological order it would help. I've been caught out before with a poor memory and a hunting contributor!

Okay sorry I just thought that your reply made no sense to my question about why fan confidence would negatively affect results 

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Okay sorry I just thought that your reply made no sense to my question about why fan confidence would negatively affect results 

👍 I won't even try to give an opinion for the game tomorrow.......hopefully we show up at the start, can prove we can pass a ball and the team gets the fans onboard from the start! Enjoy!

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

👍 I won't even try to give an opinion for the game tomorrow.......hopefully we show up at the start, can prove we can pass a ball and the team gets the fans onboard from the start! Enjoy!

The most important thing tomorrow is to win.  If we do that then we give ourselves a great chance of third.  

Any win will do.

I've been critical of the way we start games, especially at Tynecastle, but I feel tomorrow will be different.

Hearts 2-0, or better, by half time; 4-1 at full time.

Just a beer 🍺 fuelled hunch. 😊 

No Idle Talk
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Any win will do.

I've been critical of the way we start games, especially at Tynecastle, but I feel tomorrow will be different.

Hearts 2-0, or better, by half time; 4-1 at full time.

Just a beer 🍺 fuelled hunch. 😊 

What kind of beer is this? I'll have to get some in for the game tomorrow.

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

What kind of beer is this? I'll have to get some in for the game tomorrow.

😄

Sober tomorrow so making hay tonight.

No Idle Talk
1 minute ago, martoon said:

😄

Sober tomorrow so making hay tonight.

Hope you are having a fruitful harvest. 😁

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The most important thing tomorrow is to win.  If we do that then we give ourselves a great chance of third.  

Correct . Apologies to everyone who did not understand my point . I thought it was quite clear but I am really prone to thinking my point is obvious to all fairly intelligent people . Written word and my poor punctuation and grammar perhaps makes this less viable though 

I expect Aberdeen will sit and be patient waiting for mistakes.   If they don't get them in the first half they will have to come out their comfort zone inthe second half. 

Hopefully we get through the first half with a clean sheet.  We can be patient as well waiting for mistakes.  No need to to panic, stay focused. 

Will be a hard call to pick a team.  I'd go back three again.  Two up top.   Looks rubbish but no need to force it.   Shankland and Vargas up top.  Same back three.   Wing back on the left maybe an issue.   Change the midfield.   Hopefully Beni in with Hof and Grant or Tait.   Goalkeeper 🤔 

Looking forward to the starting lineup and formation with much excitement and interest.   I would just love to back the team today without a negative first half. 

Let's give it to them from all sides 👏 

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I expect Aberdeen will sit and be patient waiting for mistakes.   If they don't get them in the first half they will have to come out their comfort zone inthe second half. 

Hopefully we get through the first half with a clean sheet.  We can be patient as well waiting for mistakes.  No need to to panic, stay focused. 

Will be a hard call to pick a team.  I'd go back three again.  Two up top.   Looks rubbish but no need to force it.   Shankland and Vargas up top.  Same back three.   Wing back on the left maybe an issue.   Change the midfield.   Hopefully Beni in with Hof and Grant or Tait.   Goalkeeper 🤔 

Looking forward to the starting lineup and formation with much excitement and interest.   I would just love to back the team today without a negative first half. 

Cmon the Hearts!!!!!!

Arthur Morgan
5 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I disagree with you on the formation. I hope we go with a back 4. 

Diadora Van Basten

I think we have done enough in recent games to play without pressure and this is a must win for Aberdeen.

We have proven to be resilient in recent weeks and I think we will need this today to get a result.

Clark

Dexter Kent Halkett Cochrane 

Beni Devlin

Oda Grant Forrest

Shankland 

I have this horrible feeling we will get beaten . It is not like me and I dont like it . 1-2 with a man sent off is my fear 

6 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Have never seen this Aberdeen team be patient. They'll be shelling long balls deep into our half all game. Fortunately we have Halkett and Kent who can soak up that sort of nonsense all day long. 

AC Mallin_51

A draw is not a disaster but I’m certainly expecting a win and it’d help keep the momentum going. With Aberdeen playing both the uglies soon a win against them today puts them out the running imo. Last year along with our mighty collapse it took a monumental run of form from them also. Just can’t see both of those things happening again… surely 

tiger Rudi
6 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Have never seen this Aberdeen team be patient. They'll be shelling long balls deep into our half all game. Fortunately we have Halkett and Kent who can soak up that sort of nonsense all day long. 

Its balls over the top that I'm worried about. If we play a high line, pace in behind could trouble us. Both flanks need to be wary. 

49 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I disagree with you on the formation. I hope we go with a back 4. 

14 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I don't fancy a back four pushing too high up.   No need to give then any early chances.   Halkett and Kent not exactly amazingly quick. 

Looks like we have Beni, Cochrane and Denholm available. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/naismith-more-to-come

Steven Naismith wants Hearts to start well against Aberdeen when the two sides meet at Tynecastle tomorrow.

The boys in maroon welcome Barry Robson’s Dons to Gorgie in an exciting cinch Premiership clash – with Hearts on a high following a thrilling 3-2 comeback win against Dundee in midweek.

Whilst pleased with how his team has picked up vital points in recent weeks, Naismith wants to see a more controlled performance from the off come kick-off tomorrow afternoon.  

“Everyone that was involved in Tuesday night is fine,” he told the media ahead of the game.

“We had a few boys come off with knocks, but that was more about managing the impact.

“At the time, it hinders them, but everyone trained today and looking good ahead of tomorrow. Cammy’s progressing well and Boycie is probably at the stage where we don’t want to push him.

“It’ll be a tough game, as it always is against Aberdeen. We’re two clubs operating in the same ballpark. If we can start fast, much like we did on Tuesday in our second half performance, then we give ourselves a good chance.

“Starting well is so important because we need to stop giving ourselves more work to do to get a result as we have in the last two home games. We need to focus on ourselves because what other teams do isn’t relevant.

“Every time we win, it takes us closer to our target.”

Aberdeen are like hibs when they come to tynecastle we are in their heads. There's a reason they call tynecastle the house of pain. They are beaten before they leave the tunnel our boys just need to be up for it and get an early goal and I can see another pumping incoming. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Gordon

Kent            Halkett        Kingsley

Dexter                 Béni                    Cochrane

Oda                   Grant

Shankland

Vargas

We seem to have had the measure of them at Tynecastle for a while now. Hopefully today will be no different. It's a massive game so please lets not give them a two goal start like RC and Dundee got.

jock _turd

We are at home we must make that count. We are coming into the game off probably the best win of the season. Dead and buried at one point only to rise up and win the game. You have to think the boys will take a lift from that! I am hoping for a good win but taking nothing for granted other than last game we have been pish at home so far .

Beave1874

2 tickets together just put on Ticket Exchange in Roseburn, both tested positive for Covid, well effed off. Missed mid-week due to trains now this. 

Bazzas right boot

Even if they do beat us, hammered us they ain't finishing 3rd.

Ofc, a win almost finishes of any Hope they have so hopefully we can continue the dominance the home team in this future. 

Will be a battle.

6-3 Hearts.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I don't fancy a back four pushing too high up.   No need to give then any early chances.   Halkett and Kent not exactly amazingly quick. 

Looks like we have Beni, Cochrane and Denholm available. 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/naismith-more-to-come

Steven Naismith wants Hearts to start well against Aberdeen when the two sides meet at Tynecastle tomorrow.

The boys in maroon welcome Barry Robson’s Dons to Gorgie in an exciting cinch Premiership clash – with Hearts on a high following a thrilling 3-2 comeback win against Dundee in midweek.

Whilst pleased with how his team has picked up vital points in recent weeks, Naismith wants to see a more controlled performance from the off come kick-off tomorrow afternoon.  

“Everyone that was involved in Tuesday night is fine,” he told the media ahead of the game.

“We had a few boys come off with knocks, but that was more about managing the impact.

“At the time, it hinders them, but everyone trained today and looking good ahead of tomorrow. Cammy’s progressing well and Boycie is probably at the stage where we don’t want to push him.

“It’ll be a tough game, as it always is against Aberdeen. We’re two clubs operating in the same ballpark. If we can start fast, much like we did on Tuesday in our second half performance, then we give ourselves a good chance.

“Starting well is so important because we need to stop giving ourselves more work to do to get a result as we have in the last two home games. We need to focus on ourselves because what other teams do isn’t relevant.

“Every time we win, it takes us closer to our target.”

Forget that Cammy, Boycey and Mckay ate still to come back.

Barring any major player sales or injuries we will get stronger.

Think we all know what to expect from Aberdeen, direct long balls from up to that lad they have upfront from the CB's once we press then. They will then try push up the park once the long ball has been shelled up. Trick here is win that 2nd ball and hit them fast, winning the 1st ball is fine defensively but almost always lacks any control to find our own players.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think we have done enough in recent games to play without pressure and this is a must win for Aberdeen.

We have proven to be resilient in recent weeks and I think we will need this today to get a result.

Clark

Dexter Kent Halkett Cochrane 

Beni Devlin

Oda Grant Forrest

Shankland 

Aberdeen have resorted to punting the ball long all season and utilising Miovski’s pace in behind. So, we’ll need Kingsley in there IMO.

It’s too soon for Devlin to start. Also, Oda has been too timid when he starts. He plays with much more drive and intensity off the bench after SN has been in his ear.

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Fxxx the SPFL
24 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

2 tickets together just put on Ticket Exchange in Roseburn, both tested positive for Covid, well effed off. Missed mid-week due to trains now this. 

Just go Covid just another word for flu 🤧 

Life Aquatic

My wife is taking my 5 year old to this game, could only get tickets in the Roseburn stand right beside the Aberdeen fans.

The wee man's going to be learning some new words today I'll bet 🙄

15 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Aberdeen have resorted to punting the ball long all season and utilising Miovski’s pace in behind. So, we’ll need Kingsley in there IMO.

It’s too soon for Devlin to start. Also, Oda has been too timid when he starts. He plays with much more drive and intensity off the bench after SN has been in his ear.

Probably overly simplistic, but if we don't get them a high line they can't utilise Miovski's pace?

Diadora Van Basten
27 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

All fair points 

scott herbertson
21 minutes ago, Life Aquatic said:

My wife is taking my 5 year old to this game, could only get tickets in the Roseburn stand right beside the Aberdeen fans.

The wee man's going to be learning some new words today I'll bet 🙄

Fit like's yer wee min 'n' fit like yersel' ma quine?

Jambof3tornado
11 hours ago, jackal said:

Any points in this game is massive, hopefully it's all 3.

We've not been great so avoiding defeat is the minimum. Needs shanks back on his A game.

We need to get Tynecastle bouncing from kick off! Get the player's totally fired up and blow them away.  Today is the day to make  Tynecastle as hostile as possible for Aberdeen. 

Tough game this one, I’m never too keen when these strange anomalies crop up like the away teams never winning. Has to end some time😬

1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

No requirement to stay at home with Covid now. Even NHS workers are expected to go to work with it unless they feel really ill.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
42 minutes ago, OTT said:

Probably overly simplistic, but if we don't get them a high line they can't utilise Miovski's pace?

I would think so. I’m hoping Kent, Halkett and Kingsley will head everything Aberdeen shell at us right back. Which means we’ll have to scrap for the second balls in midfield 

Think we'll continue with 3 at the back today, too start with at least. 

Clark retains gloves.

Kingsley and Kent either side of Halks. Cochrane and Lam bissaka on the flanks. I'm sure Grant starts today and he can play with Hoff ahead of Beni with Shankland and Vargas up the park. Let's silence these wee lambs.

alicante jambo

This fixture normally favours the home team. Win this and i reckon 3rd place is ours. A draw wont be a disaster either but this is a huge game for both teams.3 -1 hearts shankland 2 and vargas.

They were awful against the farmers midweek and lucky to get a point. If we play with the intensity we showed in the second half I feel a comfortable win very achievable.  3-1 

Beave1874
11 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

No requirement to stay at home with Covid now. Even NHS workers are expected to go to work with it unless they feel really ill.

17 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Aye appreciate that, son is ill and was sharing car journey with others. Tickets sold so Club making a wee bit extra.