Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

35 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He was indeed,and is nowhere near where he was and for that reason if he wants to go elsewhere I'm good with that.

Agreed

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

MR INCREDIBLE
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Unfortunately, when you have a good player and they leave, you often don't get a better replacement. 

This can’t be judging him on recent performances !!!!

He is absolutely brutal !

Can’t run !!!!!!!!!!!

Can’t be arsed ever chasing back !!!!!

Can’t shoot !!!!!!

Can’t header !!!!!!

I can only think we are playing him to keep him in the shop window.

Time this nonsense stopped .

GET RID !

And get young Tait in the team !!!!!

Valois No1
11 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Can’t run !!!!!!!!!!!

Can’t shoot !!!!!!

Can’t header !!!!!!

GET RID !

I am glad others see what I see. To add to your factual list he is unfit and he’s been back months. Nothing to do with his injury. Blowing out his bum within minutes and barely even running. Yet some think he is the messiah. 

None so blind as those who can not see

At his best he’s easily the best midfielder at the club. Right now, I can’t see any reason not to play Devlin in a three man midfield with Nieuwenhof and one of Grant and Fraser. The midfield was totally ineffective yesterday and even though it was against far better players, I do think it’s time to change it up. 

Valois No1
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At his best he’s easily the best midfielder at the club. Right now, I can’t see any reason not to play Devlin in a three man midfield with Nieuwenhof and one of Grant and Fraser. The midfield was totally ineffective yesterday and even though it was against far better players, I do think it’s time to change it up. 

In your opinion what is he good at. I agree with the many posters that think he can’t run. He can’t shoot. Poor range of passing. Rubbish in the air. Unfit. 

What is it you see that I don’t. 

7 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

In your opinion what is he good at. I agree with the many posters that think he can’t run. He can’t shoot. Poor range of passing. Rubbish in the air. Unfit. 

What is it you see that I don’t. 

That’s maybe a bit harsh but anyone watching him yesterday would struggle to disagree. If you read my post I used the phrase ‘at his best’ which doesn’t apply right now and also suggested swapping him out for Devlin. 

We’ve all seen him play very well, win balls he shouldn’t be winning by pinching it off the toes of opponents. Retaining the ball and moving it on. During the 2021/22 season he was pivotal in us getting third but I’m just not seeing it at the moment. 

Edited by GinRummy

Valois No1
Just now, GinRummy said:

That’s maybe a bit harsh but anyone watching him yesterday would struggle to disagree. If you read my post I used the phrase ‘at his best’ which doesn’t apply right now and also suggested swapping him out for Devlin. 

We’ve all seen him play very well, win balls he shouldn’t be winning by pinching it off the toes of opponents. Retaining the ball and moving it on. During the 2021/22 he was pivotal in is getting third but I’m just not seeing it at the moment. 

I probably would agree that he can win balls and do the simple pass. That kinda does make him an incredibly limited player though if that is his skill. I actually think Devlin does that better. We have clearly upped his wages in the new contract offer probably by a 6 figure sum over the year and he isn’t worth it. 

1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

I probably would agree that he can win balls and do the simple pass. That kinda does make him an incredibly limited player though if that is his skill. I actually think Devlin does that better. We have clearly upped his wages in the new contract offer probably by a 6 figure sum over the year and he isn’t worth it. 

It’s not that limiting for a number 6 kind of player, it’s kind of what they do. I think it’s time to play Devlin as well. 

I tend to believe the rumours that he won’t be here next season. 

Edited by GinRummy

PapaShango

He can be a passenger at times, I really would bring Tait in for a start. He done what we should have done early yesterday when he came on, got on top of them and put one up in the air! He’s also the best player we have even at 18 or retaining possession. He gets it passes it then gets it back moving into space all the time. That’s a natural ability right there and I think he deserves a chance from the start, has shown up a lot more than some of the midfielders we have that have played more minutes than him. This isn’t knee jerk to yesterday, I said before the game he should have been starting at Ibrox for all the reasons mentioned. He will sink or swim but what I’ve seen so far from him a derby start wouldn’t phase him in the slightest. 

Valois No1
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not that limiting for a number 6 kind of player, it’s kind of what they do. I think it’s time to play Devlin as well. 

I tend to believe the rumours that he won’t be here next season. 

Yeah. Perhaps you are right on that one fella. I suppose I am looking for a wee bit more for my supposed star and probably best paid midfielder. I think it was @Bazzas right boot that made a decent point in that the budgets we have, we aren’t going to get that complete midfielder. Let’s hope Beni has a blinder mid week. 

Pete Elliott
On 20/02/2024 at 10:08, gorgierulesapply88 said:

2 random numbers with no relevance to anything 

Random :rofl:

BackOfTheNet

Didn’t see the game yesterday, only the highlights, so can’t comment on overall performance. Find the reaction to his overall status at the club weird though, he’s been a big part of our great run, and I think some are overlooking that.

As for yesterday, from what was said on the radio and online he’s getting stick for the first goal. Only reason it’d be his fault if it was his job to pick up the Rangers player, otherwise it was just good skill that beat him. Almost the exact same skill was used by Iwobi as Fulham beat Man Utd yesterday, happens at all levels.

Saying that, every goal - every one - that we conceded yesterday could’ve been dealt with if we had players that didn’t ball watch and could anticipate and intercept better. Players running off markers and into space not being seen / picked up, and passes not anticipated, quite infuriating.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

20 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

Yeah. Perhaps you are right on that one fella. I suppose I am looking for a wee bit more for my supposed star and probably best paid midfielder. I think it was @Bazzas right boot that made a decent point in that the budgets we have, we aren’t going to get that complete midfielder. Let’s hope Beni has a blinder mid week. 

Aye if he plays. Fatigued after the first half against Motherwell so eh knows if he’ll be fit enough to start. 

pettigrewsstylist

I want more rounded number 6 than the one im seeing since injury. Would not be enhancing his terms. We have not got the Beni of 2 yrs ago. 

jamboozy
6 minutes ago, red said:

Hopefully this puts all these rumours to bed. The guy has a decision to make based mainly on family - Not even spoke to his agent is the dialogue from the horses mouth. 

Europe qualification could be the key to him signing it seems. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/beni-baningime-admits-hearts-future-32259220

Based on the quotes in that article, if it’s about missing his family? He isn’t going to sign a new contract, I have given up hope on him signing a new deal.

As a professional, I’m sure he will continue to play his best in games, but I don’t think he’s going to be here after summer.

Daktari
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Based on the quotes in that article, if it’s about missing his family? He isn’t going to sign a new contract, I have given up hope on him signing a new deal.

As a professional, I’m sure he will continue to play his best in games, but I don’t think he’s going to be here after summer.

But -  he could get offers in England and be down on the south coast. It won't necessarily take him closer to home. I'm reading it as weighing up proximity to family against liking it at Hearts and the potential of European football, which is not a given moving south either. He may not be here, but it very much depends on the offer and I don't think it's a given.

upgotheheads

Maybe it will hinge on finding him a nice house so that his family can come and stay regularly.

15 minutes ago, red said:

Hopefully this puts all these rumours to bed. The guy has a decision to make based mainly on family - Not even spoke to his agent is the dialogue from the horses mouth. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/beni-baningime-admits-hearts-future-32259220

Be nice if we could offer him something fairly long term . Surely his family would rather here than Wigan 

jamboozy
Just now, Daktari said:

But -  he could get offers in England and be down on the south coast. It won't necessarily take him closer to home. I'm reading it as weighing up proximity to family against liking it at Hearts and the potential of European football, which is not a given moving south either. He may not be here, but it very much depends on the offer and I don't think it's a given.

Good points. I haven’t got a ‘down’ on Benni, I am just coming to terms with the fact he’s more likely to be away than staying . I really want him to stay, and be committed to playing for Hearts, as I really think he’s a talented player.

Daktari

I don't get the fitness thing either. I think he has a 'less than dynamic' style, but when folks say he's not fit, what do they mean? Carrying an injury, or just not aerobically fit? Remember this quote from the 'Evening with the coaches'?

It is not a case that the team train in the morning and the players are then off home. There are afternoon sessions that could be on the pitch, perhaps in specific units, or a gym session, while the coaches finish with a meeting as they review the day's training and look ahead to the following day.

There was also an interesting insight into some of the data that is collated via the GPS monitors players wear. What appears on a GPS report? Total distance, duration, high-speed running distance, sprinting distance, number of sprints, max velocity. 

Sunday's training session, for example, saw Stephen Kingsley, Beni Baningime and Alan Forrest cover the most distance. Finlay Pollock, Macaulay Tait, Forrest and Yutaro Oda had the highest high-speed running distance. Kenneth Vargas had the highest number of sprint efforts. The max velocity (metres per second) was Tait followed by Pollock and Forrest.

"Everything is monitored," Naismith said. "If somebody is not on it, their numbers are down, it is highlighted. Ultimately it keeps the standards high."

Essentially, there is no place to hide.

Daktari
1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Good points. I haven’t got a ‘down’ on Benni, I am just coming to terms with the fact he’s more likely to be away than staying . I really want him to stay, and be committed to playing for Hearts, as I really think he’s a talented player.

Didn't think you had and was really agreeing with you - just trying to add some context to the discussion! 👍

jamboozy
1 minute ago, Daktari said:

Didn't think you had and was really agreeing with you - just trying to add some context to the discussion! 👍

👍

SMJ_1874

Gino came out with exactly the same  narrative about being closer to home and said he’d decide at the end of the season. Everyone knew Gino was moving for a bigger salary as is his and Beni’s prerogative. Gut feeling is he’s going down the Gino route with the exact same narrative.

I’ll be gobsmacked if he signs for Wigan though 

GinRummy
12 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I don't get the fitness thing either. I think he has a 'less than dynamic' style, but when folks say he's not fit, what do they mean? Carrying an injury, or just not aerobically fit? Remember this quote from the 'Evening with the coaches'?

It is not a case that the team train in the morning and the players are then off home. There are afternoon sessions that could be on the pitch, perhaps in specific units, or a gym session, while the coaches finish with a meeting as they review the day's training and look ahead to the following day.

There was also an interesting insight into some of the data that is collated via the GPS monitors players wear. What appears on a GPS report? Total distance, duration, high-speed running distance, sprinting distance, number of sprints, max velocity. 

Sunday's training session, for example, saw Stephen Kingsley, Beni Baningime and Alan Forrest cover the most distance. Finlay Pollock, Macaulay Tait, Forrest and Yutaro Oda had the highest high-speed running distance. Kenneth Vargas had the highest number of sprint efforts. The max velocity (metres per second) was Tait followed by Pollock and Forrest.

"Everything is monitored," Naismith said. "If somebody is not on it, their numbers are down, it is highlighted. Ultimately it keeps the standards high."

Essentially, there is no place to hide.

He went off at half time a couple of games ago with Naismith saying he was fatigued. Maybe that comment added fuel to the fire. 

Hashimoto

Time for him to move on. Breaks up more Hearts attack than the opposition. And whilst he's working his ticket out of Tynecastle he can take wee Devlin with him as well. 

GinRummy
36 minutes ago, red said:

It doesn’t put it to bed for me. I don’t believe that it’s based mainly on family and think it’s far more likely to be a financial decision. 

Daktari
Just now, GinRummy said:

He went off at half time a couple of games ago with Naismith saying he was fatigued. Maybe that comment added fuel to the fire. 

I remember that, and that's what I'm not getting. Surely they know his fitness level and wouldn't play him if he wasn't up to it? Puzzling.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Time for him to move on. Breaks up more Hearts attack than the opposition. And whilst he's working his ticket out of Tynecastle he can take wee Devlin with him as well. 

🤣. I mean come on to actual ****.

probably the best CDM we’ve had for 15 years.  If you can’t see it netball is probably more your thing becuase you know absolutely hee haw about football. 

we have some of the worst fans in the country man. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I remember that, and that's what I'm not getting. Surely they know his fitness level and wouldn't play him if he wasn't up to it? Puzzling.

I’ve honestly no idea. I’ve not got a clue if a long term injury like his means you get tired more easily sometimes, overdoing it at training and not realising it until he was puggled. He’s always had a different kind of style which might make folk think he’s not fit so maybe that’s a part of it. 

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣. I mean come on to actual ****.

probably the best CDM we’ve had for 15 years.  If you can’t see it netball is probably more your thing becuase you know absolutely hee haw about football. 

we have some of the worst fans in the country man. 

How do you think he’s done this season over all?

Archie White
On 25/02/2024 at 07:52, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Can’t run !!!!!!!!!!!

Can’t shoot !!!!!!

Can’t header !!!!!!

GET RID !

Agreed. Offers nothing. If he goes he goes. Give wee Tait a run.

Mr Rabbit
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s been very stop start for me this year however you notice him when he doesn’t play. He always is looking for the ball and there were many times against hibs where I think we missed someone like Beni who allowed us to link up play.

The other side though is when he came on he was far too slow. I think with the game he plays he needs to start and come off, instead of vice versa. Whereas Devlin can come on and add a bit of energy.

1971fozzy
14 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

had to read this 3 times.  Seriously ?  🤣🤣🤣

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think he’s been an instrumental part of our best run since the 90’s. I think he’s about 85% of the player we had before the injury but still good enough to walk into every team in the league outside Glasgow. I think he offers us control and picks the right pass 95% of the time.  Even the backward or sideways ones.

i think we have a lot of simpleton fans who don’t understand what is required when playing against packed defences which is moving the ball around and moving the opposition around to create pockets of space.  You can usually spot them by shout of. “Oh he only passes it sideways” or “git it forward” even though there is no open space forward or no one making a run. 

it’s not the 1990’s anymore, games are not open or end to end.  Sad but true.  

When the space does open beni is as good at finding it as anyone . 👍🏻

Edited by kingantti1874

Beni has some lovely thoughts on how to play .

This season it just seems he's waiting on the injury to happen again.

It affects his gait.

All just my feeling .I'd like to see him stay more in hope that he can rekindle the stuff I think he's capable off.

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’s been an instrumental part of our best run since the 90’s. I think he’s about 85% of the player we had before the injury but still good enough to walk into every team in the league outside Glasgow. I think he offers us control and picks the right pass 95% of the time.  Even the backward or sideways ones.

i think we have a lot of simpleton fans who don’t understand what is required when playing against packed defences which is moving the ball around and moving the opposition around to create pockets of space.  You can usually spot them by shout of. “Oh he only passes it sideways” or “git it forward” even though there is no open space forward or no one making a run. 

I don’t disagree that sometimes he’s exactly the player you describe but let’s not deny that isn’t always the case this season. He’s very clearly nowhere near the player he was yet, caught in possession, failing to see easy forward passes, slow to make challenges preferring to run alongside opponents, not nicking the ball of opponents toes anywhere near as often as he used to. I hope he stays and gets back to the player he was a couple of seasons ago and appreciate things take time after such a lengthy injury. 

Scott Leitch
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Good post. 

GinRummy
8 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He’s been very stop start for me this year however you notice him when he doesn’t play. He always is looking for the ball and there were many times against hibs where I think we missed someone like Beni who allowed us to link up play.

The other side though is when he came on he was far too slow. I think with the game he plays he needs to start and come off, instead of vice versa. Whereas Devlin can come on and add a bit of energy.

Agree with that. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t disagree that sometimes he’s exactly the player you describe but let’s not deny that isn’t always the case this season. He’s very clearly nowhere near the player he was yet, caught in possession, failing to see easy forward passes, slow to make challenges preferring to run alongside opponents, not nicking the ball of opponents toes anywhere near as often as he used to. I hope he stays and gets back to the player he was a couple of seasons ago and appreciate things take time after such a lengthy injury. 

As I said. 85% of the time.  85% of beni is better than 100% of the other midfielders of his type in the league outside the weeg.

we should always be looking to upgrade players, in every single position.  But to just say release becuase he’s shite.  Absolute ****ing nonsense (aware that wasn’t you) 

Ps - have huge hope for Tait.  Maybe he can be long term successor if he does move 

Edited by kingantti1874

GinRummy
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

As I said. 85% of the time.  85% of beni is better than 100% of the other midfielders of his type in the league outside the weeg.

we should always be looking to upgrade players, in every single position.  But to just say release becuase he’s shite.  Absolute ****ing nonsense (aware that wasn’t you) 

Ps - have huge hope for Tait.  Maybe he can be long term successor if he does move 

I can’t argue the point about other midfielders in the league because I don’t watch enough football apart from Hearts. 

I think he’s been disappointing in some games this season for the reasons I said but I’d much rather he stayed and tried to get back to his best.

pettigrewsstylist
38 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Gino came out with exactly the same  narrative about being closer to home and said he’d decide at the end of the season. Everyone knew Gino was moving for a bigger salary as is his and Beni’s prerogative. Gut feeling is he’s going down the Gino route with the exact same narrative.

I’ll be gobsmacked if he signs for Wigan though 

Waiting to see what his offers are, no problem with that whatsoever. 

All the rest is baloney.

Doesnt speak to his agent 😶

Its his career and good luck to the guy. 

1 hour ago, red said:

Family usually sounds a lot better than money. See Souttar. 

I'm not actually too fussed if we keep him or not. I think a large number of our attacks fail to progress because Beni will not risk forward passes unless they are 100% on, which means there is zero risk taking from him, breaking down a lot of attacks in their infancy.

He's a great defensive mid, but I'd question if we can get a more dynamic player. Tait is already looking like that player, and with Devlin & Hoff both here too, it might not be the worst thing. Completely appreciate we might miss him initially, but if we want to play fast attacking football  - which was what Naismith said, then Beni is an issue. 

The club should push him for a decision. Stick a clock on the offer, and pull it if not accepted. Don't allow our best offer to him to be used as a stocking horse for better offers down south. 

TheBigO
On 25/02/2024 at 08:08, GinRummy said:

I think people are being hatsh on Beni tbh. But i dont disagree with this either. Only thing id say tho is Fraser hasnt earnt a spot yet

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think people are being hatsh on Beni tbh. But i dont disagree with this either. Only thing id say tho is Fraser hasnt earnt a spot yet

Agree folk are being harsh. Early days for Fraser but I’ve not been too impressed so far. 

Edited by GinRummy

cosanostra

Pretty sure he'll be going.

He was immense before his injury but he's never really got back to that level. He'll definitely be missed but also far from irreplaceable.

I don't think he will stay.

Even if he was to stay, I'd like to Tait given some games between now and the end of the season. 

soonbe110
50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

👏👏if the general view in football was that he is done would we have offered him a new deal?  If he knew he was struggling he would have snapped our hands off and signed the deal as soon as he was offered  it.  

Sadly some of our fans prefer players that run about kicking the opposition and can’t play 5 yard passes to a team mate to someone who typically wins and retains possession every time he has to.  Another summer break and a pre-season should see him back to his pre-injury form hopefully.  Sadly, reading the articles, I suspect it won’t be with us but 🤞

Thunder and Lightning

Original Beni I'd be sad to lose. This version,not so much. 

Will wish him well but won't worry too much about it.