Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

Hearts1975
4 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

He knows what he has and can build something with the board's help (he said so himself). That must counts for something 🤞

Your right. He did say that. 

Good times though 🙏

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

ScandinavianJambo
9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Your right. He did say that. 

Good times though 🙏

And long may it continue 👍

Luckies1874
16 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Think Hoff if he keeps up will be massive for Hearts and still only 24.

Hoff only turned 23 a fortnight ago. 

colinmaroon
44 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Different players in different roles. 

Context.  Not the point.  It was in response to the post I quoted.

colinmaroon
42 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Old Beni yes but Hoff still has more impact now.

Agree about Hoff, first class and I believe more to come, but the point I was making to a post where it was stated that Hoff was better than Beni, I could have said, as someone responded to me, "different" roles.

The context was overall contribution to the game, and in that context Beni comes second to Hoff.

bawheed
36 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hoff only turned 23 a fortnight ago. 

Even better 

Beni is class at breaking play up - few as good as him. However,  slow and no forward pass or shot. Not fussed if he stays - we have Tait and hoff 

Batistuta87

Would like to keep Beni. His tenacity and his ability to just pop up in the right place to steal the ball always amazes me. I love him and Devlin together as well. Sometimes slow to release the ball but he never was before his injury so I do think he'll get that back. If we keep losing these sort of players on free transfers we'll get nowhere so I do think its pretty important we hold onto him. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1874robbo

If beni unhitched that caravan he is towing he could be some player 

looks paggered 20 mins into a game.

Hearts1975
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would like to keep Beni. His tenacity and his ability to just pop up in the right place to steal the ball always amazes me. I love him and Devlin together as well. Sometimes slow to release the ball but he never was before his injury so I do think he'll get that back. If we keep losing these sort of players on free transfers we'll get nowhere so I do think its pretty important we hold onto him. 

This one is a bit different in the sense that he is torn between being with his family (down south) and playing up here. Still hoping he will sign on the dotted line, although I have a feeling, it will be late in the day, when he does. 

upgotheheads
5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

If beni unhitched that caravan he is towing he could be some player 

looks paggered 20 mins into a game.

He looked knackered when he went off after 88 minutes for sure, but given the work he did over those 88, he was entitled to be. 

Beni's instincts are to win the ball, keep it, and then distribute it in the best way possible, that's not always a forward pass because a forward pass is not always available. Beni is not a box-to-box attacking midfielder, he's a box-to-box defensive midfielder.  If he was able to do both he wouldn't be playing in Scotland, he'd be with Man. City or Real Madrid or somewhere like that. 

1874robbo
13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He looked knackered when he went off after 88 minutes for sure, but given the work he did over those 88, he was entitled to be. 

Beni's instincts are to win the ball, keep it, and then distribute it in the best way possible, that's not always a forward pass because a forward pass is not always available. Beni is not a box-to-box attacking midfielder, he's a box-to-box defensive midfielder.  If he was able to do both he wouldn't be playing in Scotland, he'd be with Man. City or Real Madrid or somewhere like that. 

I’m not on about what he does in his role and never said he was an attacking player, 

In fact I never even described his role.

my comment was he looks fecked early into a game 

not at 88 mins 

Batistuta87
34 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

This one is a bit different in the sense that he is torn between being with his family (down south) and playing up here. Still hoping he will sign on the dotted line, although I have a feeling, it will be late in the day, when he does. 

I get that aye, his family are from Wigan though so its not like he's a million miles away and surely can get home fairly regularly. 

pettigrewsstylist
37 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Dont beleive any of that, its all about a better offer / better league. Fair enough, his call.

Chuck Berry
53 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This.

Beni frustrates the life out of me at times, but I can't help but feel it's a case of you don't know what you have until it's gone.

indianajones

Need to keep him imo.

A midfield of Beni, Tait and Calem would be incredible. 

KyleLafferty

Can’t believe hearts fans don’t rate beni. We would be worse off without him in the side. He’s a key component.

heartsfc_fan

Played well yesterday. I think having the space with no McGregor helped however.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I get that aye, his family are from Wigan though so its not like he's a million miles away and surely can get home fairly regularly. 

Very true. I sometimes look at it in the sense of the better environment we create for the players, the better chance we have of retaining our best players. Finance will always play a part, when it comes to contract negotiations, unfortunately, but the players are enjoying themselves, and a lot of that is down to Naismith as well. That's so important. You get attached to players, and it isn't always nice, but if they play well and then leave for good money, then the club is doing its job properly. 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Dont beleive any of that, its all about a better offer / better league. Fair enough, his call.

I'm not sure about that tbh. I think he knows that, if he can get back to his best, playing with us, there will be a further opportunity for him to move on again. Maybe he is thinking that he just needs to stay injury free in the meantime. Will need to wait and see what happens I guess.

I strongly suspect the reason he hasn't made a decision is the obvious one. He's waiting to see what other options he has and then he'll pick the one he thinks is best, taking into account all the factors that matter to him. The fact that he's not signed on anywhere else already is a positive sign.

It's frustrating, but I'm sure Hearts are doing everything they can to convince him to stay.

joondalupjambo

We are going to regret it if he goes, very very good player and a key component in our side.

BigAlim

I’m sure Beni said in an interview that he pretty much lets his agent get on with looking at contracts and moves as he trusts his judgement. It’s not Beni that we have to convince 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can’t believe hearts fans don’t rate beni. We would be worse off without him in the side. He’s a key component.

Only certain facets of the fanbase don't rate him. The too slow and passes backwards brigade. Those people are the ones we would be better off without.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I’m sure Beni said in an interview that he pretty much lets his agent get on with looking at contracts and moves as he trusts his judgement. It’s not Beni that we have to convince 

Of course he does.

4marsbars

Great run and pass that made the goal that got us to Hampden.

Thank you, Beni. What a player.

hearts00

Deserves credit tonight. Great run late in a game when he hasn’t lasted 90 mins much recently. 

Definitely missed Hoff tonight though. 

lost in space

Almost scored with a header.

Great run through the middle and super forward pass that sets up the winning goal.

THIS is why some fans (including me) get frustrated with him.

He CAN mske a positive impact - but too often, doesn't!!

Where the hell did that run come from? If he did that on a regular basis, imagine the attacking option he’d bring 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Great run through the middle and super forward pass that sets up the winning goal.

He makes a positive impact every single time he plays. He does exactly what’s he’s asked every single time he plays. Hes not an attacking mid. Not all mids are attacking. Beni walks into every midfield in the league outside of Glasgow

lost in space
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He makes a positive impact every single time he plays. He does exactly what’s he’s asked every single time he plays. Hes not an attacking mid. Not all mids are attacking. Beni walks into every midfield in the league outside of Glasgow

I agree he does make a "positive" impact on our games - by bring a very good defensive mid. However, there are times, when very good def mids can go forward and add to the attacking play.

Some def mids don't have that ability.

Beni does.

I do not believe our coaches tell him he should never go forward.

innerjambo

His talent is obviously there for all to see. However his weakness, is not one of confidence, but lack off. Culminating I a safe zone inside his head. He finds it almost impossible to pass the ball forward. 

ToadKiller Dog

Benni was starting to show attacking confidence before his bad injury .

Tonight maybe shows he has finally found confidence in his fitness and we shall see more going forward from him.

Hope so anyways

innerjambo

He created that goal, and qudos for him for going forward with the ball. More of that needed unfortunately.

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

His main job is to control midfield and retain possession.  All vital to Naismith's plan of patient aggression.   Ever seen him hit the long ball, giving away that possession?

You would think that would take the wind out the sails of those that have a go at him. Nope double down and say he needs to do it more or question why he hasn’t been doing it in the past. :rofl:

Maybe if your eyes weren’t painted on you’d see what he brings to the team. 

RustyRightPeg

Thought I was watching him in fast forward mode last night. Did someone wind him up and unleash him full speed after 85 minutes?! 

On a serious note, you wonder if it’s been confidence in his movement, meaning we don’t see that more often from him. Hopefully that was the wee spark he needed to think, maybe I can go at this speed and be okay. 

More of it please Beni, you’d be untouchable if that was the case!!

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, innerjambo said:

His talent is obviously there for all to see. However his weakness, is not one of confidence, but lack off. Culminating I a safe zone inside his head. He finds it almost impossible to pass the ball forward. 

it not 1990, the game isn’t broken up in the same way, we play against packed defences 90% of the time, there are rarely forward passes on.  When there are beni takes them as demonstrated yesterday, against hibs at Easter road and against Motherwell,  but most of the time the space needs to be created by moving teams around and is usually out wide.  That’s what we ask him to do and that’s what he does. 

The actual problem is the tactical systems most teams now employ against is , and the failure of our fans to notice how that has impacted the style of football hearts and property much every team play. 

fwiw. I agree it was better before but the expectations are now wrong. Yan Dhanda won’t come to hearts and play forward 90% of the time, we aren’t Ross country, we rarely play on the back foot with the whole pitch in front of us.  

tiger Rudi
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it not 1990, the game isn’t broken up in the same way, we play against packed defences 90% of the time, there are rarely forward passes on.  When there are beni takes them as demonstrated yesterday, against hibs at Easter road and against Motherwell,  but most of the time the space needs to be created by moving teams around and is usually out wide.  That’s what we ask him to do and that’s what he does. 

The actual problem is the tactical systems most teams now employ against is , and the failure of our fans to notice how that has impacted the style of football hearts and property much every team play. 

fwiw. I agree it was better before but the expectations are now wrong. Yan Dhanda won’t come to hearts and play forward 90% of the time, we aren’t Ross country, we rarely play on the back foot with the whole pitch in front of us.  

I think Dhanda will flourish here. I certainly hope so. He's a flair player, playing in a struggling team that won't have anything like the possession stats Hearts have. Most of our opponents sit in and need unlocked. A player like Dhanda "should" improve our ability to break teams down. McKay against lesser teams is one of our better players, I think Dhanda will be similar. With both players, we have more possession ensuring they will get on the ball more frequently in attacking areas. 

We really miss having a midfield player in an advanced area who is happy to come short, turn and link play with the forwards or take the ball in, turn and commit defenders. 

My only concern would be playing him as a 7 like Grant. We have enough options wide, we need a player to orchestrate things thru the middle. IMHO. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think Dhanda will flourish here. I certainly hope so. He's a flair player, playing in a struggling team that won't have anything like the possession stats Hearts have. Most of our opponents sit in and need unlocked. A player like Dhanda "should" improve our ability to break teams down. McKay against lesser teams is one of our better players, I think Dhanda will be similar. With both players, we have more possession ensuring they will get on the ball more frequently in attacking areas. 

We really miss having a midfield player in an advanced area who is happy to come short, turn and link play with the forwards or take the ball in, turn and commit defenders. 

My only concern would be playing him as a 7 like Grant. We have enough options wide, we need a player to orchestrate things thru the middle. IMHO. 

I agree with the on Dhanda, he will unpick defences with moments of quality, and help us on the very rare occasions when we play on the counter.  

I’ll double down on my point re the shape of the game an expectations.  A different example. People pine for another Paul Hartley. (Myself included) but there are nearly zero Paul Hartley types around not just at hearts but anywhere. It’s becuase tactically there is no need for that type of player, they are not coached to adopt that role. Games are rarely broken enough to benefit from the genuine box to box.  Coaches favour differs attributes now and they are coached to control possession.

shite but true imo. 

4marsbars

The vagaries of the ticket exchange brought a 'stander' to the row in front of us recently. 

After some sweetie papers were rustled in his face, he eventually took his seat and some old guys were able to see the match.

Predictably, it turned out he wasn't a fan of Beni, dispensing his punditry at high volume, and was a bit surprised to discover himself in a minority of one. To be fair, he was able to joke about it once he'd discovered that not everyone shared his opinions. The banter.

kingantti1874
Just now, 4marsbars said:

The vagaries of the ticket exchange brought a 'stander' to the row in front of us recently. 

After some sweetie papers were rustled in his face, he eventually took his seat and some old guys were able to see the match.

Predictably, it turned out he wasn't a fan of Beni, dispensing his punditry at high volume, and was a bit surprised to discover himself in a minority of one. To be fair, he was able to joke about it once he'd discovered that not everyone shared his opinions. The banter.

🤣

Pete Elliott
9 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Benni was starting to show attacking confidence before his bad injury .

Tonight maybe shows he has finally found confidence in his fitness and we shall see more going forward from him.

Hope so anyways

This 👍🏻

He was becoming a complete box to box midfielder before the injury. Last night was the first time we’ve seen that emerge again with the run for the goal but also the late run into the box and header he should have scored.

Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be here beyond the summer so if it does develop it’ll be elsewhere.

Scott Leitch

Class act and the only starting midfielder with pass marks last night.

You wonder what people are watching when they are having a go at him. 

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

This 👍🏻

He was becoming a complete box to box midfielder before the injury. Last night was the first time we’ve seen that emerge again with the run for the goal but also the late run into the box and header he should have scored.

Unfortunately I don’t think he’ll be here beyond the summer so if it does develop it’ll be elsewhere.

If he leaves he can help us win the cup first! That run was tremendous last night and the folk who say he can't run or is slow were made to look daft with that burst of play. I was watching him about 5 minutes before that and thought he was done as he looked completely knackered. However, as others have said I think that is just the way he carries himself. Good to see him bursting into the box a few times and was unlucky with the header as it was a great timed run. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

im guessing they are watching  Kevin De Bruyne 

A Shoreditch Heart
8 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I don't get it either - Beni was so good last night and his run from defence to set up the goal was something else - brilliant footballer.

Chuck Berry
10 hours ago, lost in space said:

This.  Lost count of the amount of times than Beni has acres of space to drive into in a game but doesn't.  Now he won't do it all the time of course, but it seems he just can't or won't do it.  Last night hopefully gives him a confidence boost to take that sort of opportunity more often,