US and UK bombing Yemen

JFK-1

il Duce McTarkin

Got to hand it to wee Rashid, he couldn't run a bath domestically, but he's managed to orchestrate an international crisis in the middle east to ensure the blue rinse mob vote Tory at the next election.

Genius.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• il Duce McTarkin

• The Mighty Thor

• Mikey1874

• Boab

The same people slagging off Saudi Arabia for bombing the Houthis are now cheering US/UK for bombing the same people.

Meantime, Israel carry on with their genocide with impunity. What a shite World this is

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The same people slagging off Saudi Arabia for bombing the Houthis are now cheering US/UK for bombing the same people.

Meantime, Israel carry on with their genocide with impunity. What a shite World this is

the sudden realisation is that Saudi didn’t bomb them enough 

Toxteth O'Grady
37 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Got to hand it to wee Rashid, he couldn't run a bath domestically, but he's managed to orchestrate an international crisis in the middle east to ensure the blue rinse mob vote Tory at the next election.

Genius.

He isn’t that clever to orchestrate it but him or his advisors have spotted a chance to salvage some votes/

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

That's fair, but to be honest, there are a lot of countries that are quite happy to sit in the background and let the UK and USA take the lead on these things, avoid the diplomatic complications and benefit from the safety said action might bring. The UK and USA can absolutely be criticised for a lot of things they've done, but a lot of other countries are also fairly sleekit at best or cowardly at worst with these things. NATO defence spending is a classic example of countries wanting the benefits without the responsibility.

Agreed. 

The sad reality is we can't afford not to increase defence spending. As much as  there will always be other priorities nothing is more important than protecting your citizens and NATO members have to meet their commitments if we are going to maintain collective security. 

The prospect of giving the US

an excuse to pull out of NATO is a real one if they are stupid enough to put that maniac back in the white house. 

40 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

He isn’t that clever to orchestrate it but him or his advisors have spotted a chance to salvage some votes/

Aren't they running scared of the next election and trying to put it off until November?

Ten months is a long time to milk the "hard man" vote.

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aren't they running scared of the next election and trying to put it off until November?

Once Shagger realised the game was up his sole strategy wad to pop up in Kyev

Threedoorsdown

And we go again.

Aren’t we all tired of the actions of a few being responsible for the suffering of the many.

Thoughts to the people burying love ones needlessly to all sides. Hopefully there’s no more bombs from either side. I think our (US/UK) governments know the apatite for war is not there.

Let’s stop building bombs and start building some council houses please.

Toxteth O'Grady
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

They are at the desperate stage and running out of potential wins. Pints of wine won’t cut it 

JimmyCant
14 hours ago, OBE said:

Maybe less squibs getting fired from the purple bit...pretty ****** up in that country also!

Screenshot (45).png

Do Jet2 do an all inclusive there ? Sounds wonderful 

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

And we go again.

Aren’t we all tired of the actions of a few being responsible for the suffering of the many.

Thoughts to the people burying love ones needlessly to all sides. Hopefully there’s no more bombs from either side. I think our (US/UK) governments know the apatite for war is not there.

Let’s stop building bombs and start building some council houses please.

And stop building student flats  and stupid cycle lanes and we could eradicate homelessness 

I don't know what all this empathy about a terrorist group attacking international shipping is about, i'm baffled. Are they on anybody's Xmas card list? These are murdering pirate/terrorists who have been committing piracy for years, and largely getting away with it.

Getting away with hijacking huge container ships laden with goods then ransoming them back to the owners for millions, and getting away with it. They would attack ships which couldn't even fight back with anything but a water cannon, fighting back with deadly force apparently illegal even while they're shooting at you and killing people. Somebody want to join them? Sounds profitable and very safe.

I was pleased recently when I heard a story that indicated a change of strategy, let them know robbing and killing is now off the agenda, which appears to make some people sad. The usual thing, a cargo ship is attacked by 4 small fast boats carrying armed pirate/terrorists, but this time more than a water cannon was deployed to protect it. This time US attack helicopters were deployed, game changer.

The helicopters try to intimidate them into going away, and even that's absurd when you think about it. Say a gang is trying to rob a bank, is it good practice to try intimidating them to just go away? Go away and you're free and fine? 

But they're not going to be intimidated, they come within metres of the ship and prepare to board it. Presumably they think it's bluff, we just shoot at the helicopters they will go away. 

So that's what they do, shoot at these helicopters which respond by shredding 3 of them killing all occupants while allowing a 4th that had been hanging back to flee. Maybe to let all the other poor terrorists know can you believe they're going to shoot back at us? Contact the ICC immediately to report this inhumanity.

So then it becomes simply terrorism with no profit just one motive being go away and stop defending ships from pirate/terrorists 

that should be tolerated? Presumably at the behest of and equipped by Iran. I seriously don't get this mindset, frankly I can only imagine it to be people with nothing but some slogan or other fed to them by somebody else, who have never once tried to think this through in any depth. What's so upsetting about these drones being destroyed on the ground before costing us a million quid a pop to knock them down in flight? 

Through this stretch of water passes 10 to 15% of all international trade and when you speak of solely container traffic it carries30 of all container traffic in the world.

Almost one third, and surely it doesn't take a math genius to recognise that's major and can precipitate a catastrophic economic collapse. Right now something like 80% of all shipping is declining to take the chance and is going around Africa adding thousands of miles and extra expense to the trip.

Would it be acceptable if terrorists were attacking lorries on the M74? Causing 80% to take the B roads routes? Any context in which that's rational? 

A further factor is a form of appeasement towards Iran which could simply encourage even more egregious behaviour through proxies while constantly degrading our economies.

Personally I feel no more inclined to appease these medieval minded mullahs than Churchill did Hitler, appeasement is historically proven ineffective.  

frankblack
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Its just delaying the inevitable.  A lot of their MPs declared they wouldn't stand at the next election to give them time to line up whatever comes next after politics 

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Do Jet2 do an all inclusive there ? Sounds wonderful 

Fill your sandals...:thumbsup:

Dessert.jpg

JimmyCant
10 hours ago, Cade said:

I’m not convinced getting involved in a skirmish and firing 100 million pounds worth of weaponry into a sovereign state, all without parliamentary approval or a UN mandate is a vote winner these days. I think the public at large (the electorate)doesn't overwhelmingly approve of the government stance in the Middle East right now and that’ll be severely tested if we get involved militarily in a historically un winnable conflict. Another illegal shotgun ride at the behest of the  US is how many will see it

52 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not convinced getting involved in a skirmish and firing 100 million pounds worth of weaponry into a sovereign state, all without parliamentary approval or a UN mandate is a vote winner these days. I think the public at large (the electorate)doesn't overwhelmingly approve of the government stance in the Middle East right now and that’ll be severely tested if we get involved militarily in a historically un winnable conflict. Another illegal shotgun ride at the behest of the  US is how many will see it

That’s a fair estimate of how a good part of the electorate will see it.

The MSM will try and shore up support though. Seen a headline this morning…” Houthis on Warpath “ after we hit them !  🤷‍♂️

Suppose it’s all about perception !

il Duce McTarkin
44 minutes ago, Boab said:

That’s a fair estimate of how a good part of the electorate will see it.

The MSM will try and shore up support though. Seen a headline this morning…” Houthis on Warpath “ after we hit them !  🤷‍♂️

Suppose it’s all about perception !

The Hourhi are a shower of barbaric Islamist wankers, and none of us should be mourning a few well aimed missiles landing on their Zaidi nappers. 

35 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The Hourhi are a shower of barbaric Islamist wankers, and none of us should be mourning a few well aimed missiles landing on their Zaidi nappers. 

Of course, mate, but you could replace Houthi with Hamas and be not far away with an accurate comparison. 
The many thousands of Yemeni children killed is as appalling as what’s going on further up the Med.

Malinga the Swinga
10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know what all this empathy about a terrorist group attacking international shipping is about, i'm baffled. Are they on anybody's Xmas card list? These are murdering pirate/terrorists who have been committing piracy for years, and largely getting away with it.

Getting away with hijacking huge container ships laden with goods then ransoming them back to the owners for millions, and getting away with it. They would attack ships which couldn't even fight back with anything but a water cannon, fighting back with deadly force apparently illegal even while they're shooting at you and killing people. Somebody want to join them? Sounds profitable and very safe.

I was pleased recently when I heard a story that indicated a change of strategy, let them know robbing and killing is now off the agenda, which appears to make some people sad. The usual thing, a cargo ship is attacked by 4 small fast boats carrying armed pirate/terrorists, but this time more than a water cannon was deployed to protect it. This time US attack helicopters were deployed, game changer.

The helicopters try to intimidate them into going away, and even that's absurd when you think about it. Say a gang is trying to rob a bank, is it good practice to try intimidating them to just go away? Go away and you're free and fine? 

But they're not going to be intimidated, they come within metres of the ship and prepare to board it. Presumably they think it's bluff, we just shoot at the helicopters they will go away. 

So that's what they do, shoot at these helicopters which respond by shredding 3 of them killing all occupants while allowing a 4th that had been hanging back to flee. Maybe to let all the other poor terrorists know can you believe they're going to shoot back at us? Contact the ICC immediately to report this inhumanity.

So then it becomes simply terrorism with no profit just one motive being go away and stop defending ships from pirate/terrorists 

that should be tolerated? Presumably at the behest of and equipped by Iran. I seriously don't get this mindset, frankly I can only imagine it to be people with nothing but some slogan or other fed to them by somebody else, who have never once tried to think this through in any depth. What's so upsetting about these drones being destroyed on the ground before costing us a million quid a pop to knock them down in flight? 

Through this stretch of water passes 10 to 15% of all international trade and when you speak of solely container traffic it carries30 of all container traffic in the world.

Almost one third, and surely it doesn't take a math genius to recognise that's major and can precipitate a catastrophic economic collapse. Right now something like 80% of all shipping is declining to take the chance and is going around Africa adding thousands of miles and extra expense to the trip.

Would it be acceptable if terrorists were attacking lorries on the M74? Causing 80% to take the B roads routes? Any context in which that's rational? 

A further factor is a form of appeasement towards Iran which could simply encourage even more egregious behaviour through proxies while constantly degrading our economies.

Personally I feel no more inclined to appease these medieval minded mullahs than Churchill did Hitler, appeasement is historically proven ineffective.  

The attacks on shipping have been going on for years and pretty much everyone was against it. 

The Houthis have been fighting for years in Yemen and pretty much everyone was against them.

All of a sudden, Houthis now claim attacks are to help Gaza and immediately there is a change of attitude and we should let them be as it's all the West's fault. 

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

What "sovereign state"?

Francis Albert
30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course, mate, but you could replace Houthi with Hamas and be not far away with an accurate comparison. 
The many thousands of Yemeni children killed is as appalling as what’s going on further up the Med.

Source for numbers of children killed in Yemen?

Mikey1874
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Source for numbers of children killed in Yemen?

United Nations

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

United Nations

Thousands of children killed in the US/UK attacks in the last two days?

Mikey1874
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Saudi led attacks using US and British weapons. 

Edited by Mikey1874

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Boab said:

No argument there.

54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I never said the last two days just as I wasn’t alluding to events after Oct 7th further up the Med. 

Both appalling tragedies. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Boab said:

I never said the last two days just as I wasn’t alluding to events after Oct 7th further up the Med. 

Both appalling tragedies. 

Apologies. I misread your post. I think I actually agree with you!

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Errrrr Yemen 🇾🇪 

Is the Houthi occupied part of Yemen a sovereign state?

Edited by Francis Albert

14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

But you're happy to appease Israel carrying out genocide?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Apologies. I misread your post. I think I actually agree with you!

You would think most right-minded people would tbh.

52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Is the Houthi occupied part of Yemen a sovereign state?

That’s the thing here, the Houthis control most of Yemen but are locked in a bitter civil war with the recognised, at least to the West, government.

Any dissent would be met with that line from the yanks and us and, tbh, it’s a pretty strong argument.

henrysmithsgloves
8 hours ago, OBE said:

Fill your sandals...:thumbsup:

Dessert.jpg

Be nice once the tide comes in🤔

I should add, if you are interested, you should do a bit of research on Yemen before thinking about rights and wrongs. Some pretty horrific things going on in that part of the world. 
Alien to us and I’m glad of that.

Mental.

il Duce McTarkin
59 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No, but I will be when the good do-ing that they're currently dishing out turns into genocide.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You should be on the panel of the ICJ. Could save years ….

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

United Nations

United Nations? So absolutely no chance those quoted numbers are “slightly skewed” shall we say.

Probably the same people that counted Sheltic fans in Seville.

Francis Albert

The Houthis flag is not the tricolour of the Republic of Yemen as someonev posted earlier. Both the tricolour and republic too westernised I suppose.

It consists of 4 ines in Arabic text in green and red. 

"God is the Greatest

Death to America

Death to Israel

A curse upon the Jews"

I don't think Hitler was so explicit about his aims. Three marks for honesty I suppose.

Some of the support for Hamas, Hezbullah and The Houthis is enlightening about the popularitty of Chamberain's appeasement of the Nazi regime. 

Japan Jambo
On 12/01/2024 at 19:01, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:i would keep quiet about saltires and ships/ferries 

😂👌

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know what all this empathy about a terrorist group

In one of his first acts Biden declassified them as a terrorist group. Gotta love the irony eh?

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The Houthis flag is not the tricolour of the Republic of Yemen as someonev posted earlier. Both the tricolour and republic too westernised I suppose.

It consists of 4 ines in Arabic text in green and red. 

"God is the Greatest

Death to America

Death to Israel

A curse upon the Jews"

I don't think Hitler was so explicit about his aims. Three marks for honesty I suppose.

Some of the support for Hamas, Hezbullah and The Houthis is enlightening about the popularitty of Chamberain's appeasement of the Nazi regime. 

The last 3 lines are sufficient to gain support on here from the usual suspects. If Russia were smart, they would add the anti US and Israel statement to their Ukrainian policies. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The last 3 lines are sufficient to gain support on here from the usual suspects. If Russia were smart, they would add the anti US and Israel statement to their Ukrainian policies. 

Or they could claim they're Russian Jews and they're merely trying to clear an extensive tunnel network under the whole of Ukraine while their settlers steal the land above. 

Dawnrazor
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Or they could claim they're Russian Jews and they're merely trying to clear an extensive tunnel network under the whole of Ukraine while their settlers steal the land above. 

I'm astounded that that hasn't been given as an excuse already.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm astounded that that hasn't been given as an excuse already.

I think they've been claiming the Ukrainians are Nazis but it would definitely win the hearts and minds in the UK  and 'murica

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think they've been claiming the Ukrainians are Nazis but it would definitely win the hearts and minds in the UK  and 'murica

If they claimed that the Ukrainians are all Jews I'd be flying the Ivan flag from McTarkin Towers.

Germans are sending a Frigate to the Red Sea to help in protecting civilian shipping.

Hopefully we'll see more nations adding to the international patrol force, so it's not just the USA and UK on the scene taking all the attention.

Broadening the coalition only further strengthens and legitimises the case for action being taken.

I look forward to the retaliation. Maybe all the hoosejocks can go over and fight for their overlords. 

Edited by ri Alban