*** official match thread - the Spartans v Heart Of Midlothian ***

Hampden Demolition

Roman1874

Does anyone know why I can’t see any available tickets for the game after this Hearts vs Dundee? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Hearts007

conn artist

Just had confirmation that I’ve got tix for the game from Spartans due to my son being in one of the youth teams. 

entrance will either be by Ainslie Park or Pilton avenue gates. Crowds will not be segregated. 

blairdin

I'm a shareholder at Spartans and am taking up their offer of 4 tickets. 

I also reckon I'll have enough loyalty points to secure one of our away allocation. 

Four of my mates from Section N and Section F are very happy to be joining me at this cup game.

That OK with you, Chuck? 

soonbe110
10 hours ago, blairdin said:

I also reckon I'll have enough loyalty points to secure one of our away allocation. 

Four of my mates from Section N and Section F are very happy to be joining me at this cup game.

That OK with you, Chuck? 

How many points do you think will be enough?   Genuine question. 

scottg71
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many points do you think will be enough?   Genuine question. 

soonbe110
31 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Hope you right but I think it will be a bit higher. 

scottg71
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hope you right but I think it will be a bit higher. 

I think that’s the lowest it will be. I’m on 128 so think I’ll be fine but you never know.

Heartsmad1874

Surely we are getting the points threshold soon? It’s been about 2 weeks since they told us prices and allocation. 

3 hours ago, scottg71 said:

I think that’s the lowest it will be. I’m on 128 so think I’ll be fine but you never know.

I think it will be higher initially 

15 hours ago, conn artist said:

Just had confirmation that I’ve got tix for the game from Spartans due to my son being in one of the youth teams. 

entrance will either be by Ainslie Park or Pilton avenue gates. Crowds will not be segregated. 

I have no strong feelings about this either way , but I would imagine your situation is pretty typical , and as such there will be a sizeable number of Hearts fans in the home end , as well as Hibs fans and old firm fans . Will this mean you go along wanting Hearts or Spartans to win this game . Not judging you either way , I just find it quite interesting . Must be similar when Bonnyrigg or another former junior side play a big team from their area 

Heartsmad1874
36 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I believe it has been set at 115

Guess or reliable info?

32 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Guess or reliable info?

It's good info. 😉

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

I believe it has been set at 115

Been told the same, 115 at least.

conn artist
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I have no strong feelings about this either way , but I would imagine your situation is pretty typical , and as such there will be a sizeable number of Hearts fans in the home end , as well as Hibs fans and old firm fans . Will this mean you go along wanting Hearts or Spartans to win this game . Not judging you either way , I just find it quite interesting . Must be similar when Bonnyrigg or another former junior side play a big team from their area 

I’ll be there as a Hearts fan. Don’t have any allegiances to Spartans in that respect. Won’t be the only ones I’m sure. 

no segregation at the game so everyone is going to be mixed together according to the info I’ve been sent. 

3 minutes ago, conn artist said:

I’ll be there as a Hearts fan. Don’t have any allegiances to Spartans in that respect. Won’t be the only ones I’m sure. 

no segregation at the game so everyone is going to be mixed together according to the info I’ve been sent. 

Applied for main stand tickets. Don't want to have my granddaughter standing beside some idiot Hibs fan from West Pilton (one of the Riordan clan) or any other arsehole intent on causing bother. Think Spartans are playing a dangerous game if there's no segregation.

ollie2004
9 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Applied for main stand tickets. Don't want to have my granddaughter standing beside some idiot Hibs fan from West Pilton (one of the Riordan clan) or any other arsehole intent on causing bother. Think Spartans are playing a dangerous game if there's no segregation.

Surely there has to be segregation to comply with SFA safety rules?

41 minutes ago, conn artist said:

No segregation is an odd one , for the same reasons I said in my earlier post . Would expect a fair amount of fans of rival Premiership clubs to be present by virtue of family tickets . Probably be no bother at all but a crowd mixed with Hibs and old firm fans in with the Hearts supporters will be a strange experience for spectators 

pettigrewsstylist
19 hours ago, blairdin said:

That OK with you, Chuck? 

🤣🤣

38 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Agreed , quite a strange idea to not have segregation . I am sure it will all pass off quite peacefully but a mixed Hearts and Hibs crowd when Hearts are playing a competitive match is tempting fate a wee bit imo 

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Agreed , quite a strange idea to not have segregation . I am sure it will all pass off quite peacefully but a mixed Hearts and Hibs crowd when Hearts are playing a competitive match is tempting fate a wee bit imo 

I would imagine Hibs and any old firm fans are more likely to sell them onto jambos I personally don’t think there will be any bother 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I would imagine Hibs and any old firm fans are more likely to sell them onto jambos I personally don’t think there will be any bother 

Exactly, why would they be there, unless they are taking kids, in which case, silence is golden.

conn artist
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

No segregation is an odd one , for the same reasons I said in my earlier post . Would expect a fair amount of fans of rival Premiership clubs to be present by virtue of family tickets . Probably be no bother at all but a crowd mixed with Hibs and old firm fans in with the Hearts supporters will be a strange experience for spectators 

I wouldn’t bother if it was Spartans v hibs, or I would pass the tickets onto hibs supporters I know if they were not able to get directly. I think most folk that will have taken the ticket option will be one of spartans/neutrals/hearts fans and it will be fine.

When Dundee Utd played them earlier in the season there was no segregation either I believe.

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Exactly, why would they be there, unless they are taking kids, in which case, silence is golden.

3 minutes ago, conn artist said:

I wouldn’t bother if it was Spartans v hibs, or I would pass the tickets onto hibs supporters I know if they were not able to get directly. I think most folk that will have taken the ticket option will be one of spartans/neutrals/hearts fans and it will be fine.

When Dundee Utd played them earlier in the season there was no segregation either I believe.

Probably quite right chaps . Just found it a bit interesting with the demographics and no segregation 

6 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Surely we are getting the points threshold soon? It’s been about 2 weeks since they told us prices and allocation. 

The figure mentioned (115) has come from Hearts and was an “at least” figure so it won’t be lower than that to start with. 

Wee Mikey

This could be a right good old-fashioned mixed support 🏆 tie.

I'd be utterly disappointed should any non Spartans or non Hearts supporters turn up with intent to disrupt.

That ground doesn't really lend itself to segregation but I'm surprised that there are no rules covering such.

115 LPs seems about right, but we'll find out soon enough.

Let's hope for good weather and a cracking game.

Presumably, the tickets handed out to those with Spartans connections are paid for, and it'll be a bumper crowd for them. But, had the tie been at Tynie then they would've had a bit of a windfall.

Having said that, they'll be hoping that their ground is something of a leveller and will be looking to pull off a shock win. But, as has been pointed out, it's not a tattie field and we've done OK this season on the terrible Killie & Livi pitches.

So long as we don't do a Brora. 🤣

Our away cup tie v Livi still haunts me.

Strongest team and nae messing about.

❤️❤️G❤️

I was at the Challenge Cup game between Spartans and Linfield and the Linfield fans (I think) were on the grassy hill behind the North goal only. There was no trouble (only 800 attendance) but my memory is mainly of drunk Irishmen singing Rangers songs.......

1 hour ago, JTJ said:

I was at the Challenge Cup game between Spartans and Linfield and the Linfield fans (I think) were on the grassy hill behind the North goal only. There was no trouble (only 800 attendance) but my memory is mainly of drunk Irishmen singing Rangers songs.......

Drunk descendants of Ulster Scots as opposed to actual Irishmen imo :) 

Gorgie_Rules

2,700 tickets seems a lot for Spartans to shift, as mentioned earlier on the thread I believe they get about 200 max at home games. 

I believe they are not selling tickets publicly and are instead distributing them via club members, youth teams, sponsors etc. In the event they don’t shift the full 2,700 is there a rule that they must give them to Hearts to sell at certain point? I know there is the 25% rule which they are already giving us more than.

4 per person means that many will of course be snapped up by Jambos connected to the club so they may well shift them all anyway but would be good to see us get more in the event its not looking like the full 3,500 capacity will be filled. 

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

2,700 tickets seems a lot for Spartans to shift, as mentioned earlier on the thread I believe they get about 200 max at home games. 

I believe they are not selling tickets publicly and are instead distributing them via club members, youth teams, sponsors etc. In the event they don’t shift the full 2,700 is there a rule that they must give them to Hearts to sell at certain point? I know there is the 25% rule which they are already giving us more than.

4 per person means that many will of course be snapped up by Jambos connected to the club so they may well shift them all anyway but would be good to see us get more in the event its not looking like the full 3,500 capacity will be filled. 

Lots of Hearts supporters with a connection to Spartans will ensure they are all shifted. 

gorgierulesapply88

Managed to get a hold of 2 tickets through being part of the over 35s squad.

Glad the games being held at Spartans, and a fantastic initiative involving kids through-out the club. Along with stakeholders and players past and present.

Gundermann
19 hours ago, Sooks said:

Probably the same feelings Halliday has...

:devil2:

Just now, Gundermann said:

Probably the same feelings Halliday has...

:devil2:

Quite :lol: 

4marsbars
On 04/01/2024 at 18:14, Sooks said:

We used to manage that perfectly well.

Hmfc1965
7 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

We used to manage that perfectly well.

A long time ago though.

Harryspocket

Any spares for this let me know think i will just miss the threshold and need x2, we can exchange details :)

On 04/01/2024 at 18:14, Sooks said:

It's quite easy, support the team in a positive way and don't be a c u next Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Hesh said:

It's quite easy, support the team in a positive way and don't be a c u next Tuesday.

I find that easy . You must do as well judging by your comment . Do you think that is the case for everyone who will have a ticket for this game 

Fxxx the SPFL
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The Telfer cycle path may be a bit congested for this.

full of wee neds on bikes with balaclavas lol

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I find that easy . You must do as well judging by your comment . Do you think that is the case for everyone who will have a ticket for this game 

I've just skimmed this thread, is there an underlying feeling there's a chance some people might go just to cause trouble?

4 minutes ago, Hesh said:

I've just skimmed this thread, is there an underlying feeling there's a chance some people might go just to cause trouble?

Not from everyone , no . I said myself that I am sure it will all go ahead fine with no problems . I just found the no segregation thing a bit of a strange move when you consider two factors

1 - Spartans do not get huge crowds so a lot of those who they give tickets to for this match will not be Spartans usual crowd

2 - There will be fans of Hearts , Hibs , Rangers and Celtic getting tickets through Spartans family policy

Been a long time since mixed crowds where Hearts and Hibs supporters are concerned , and it will be interesting to see how it goes 

1rousset

Anyone ITK with any idea when the threshold and ticket details will be announced?

Must be early this week surely

• davemclaren changed the title to *** official match thread - the Spartans v Heart Of Midlothian ***