• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Hearts007

2 minutes ago, R9. said:

Aye Orite! At least 8k to 10k away fans to a league 2 team when we can barley get 10k at a home game in early rounds of cups? Why would 10k go for the thrill of it being at Easter road 👍🏻

Hearts v Spartans at Easter Road on a Saturday afternoon would attract a crowd of 10k plus, guaranteed. 

3 minutes ago, R9. said:

Aye Orite! At least 8k to 10k away fans to a league 2 team when we can barley get 10k at a home game in early rounds of cups? Why would 10k go for the thrill of it being at Easter road 👍🏻

Took nearly 4000 to Hamilton last season. Would easily double that for something different, likely to be priced sensibly and just down the road. 

August Landmesser
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spartans crowd v Arbroath was 647. 

Last home league game was 527.

Yeah, we should be looking for 1500-2k tkts really 

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've seen the capacity of Ainslie Park given as 3.612, including 534 seats. You are going to struggle to get that number in safely with standing mainly on grass bankings.

Record attendance at Ainslie Park: 3,127 v Manchester United (23rd July 2011)

Think they will find it hard  to put it on at AP.  No segregation, couple of turnstiles, only one way in to stadium, only 500 seats,  parking will be crazy etc. I’d think the police will have reservations.  It’s pretty busy when there’s only 5-600 at games. 647 yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

With a 3500 capacity, how many tickets are we likely to get . Maybe a few hundred?

They only have about 4-500 regular fans 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Broxburn will be kicking themselves for missing out on a windfall for a televised match at Celtic Park. 

My son is involved with Broxburn, absolutely gutted last night especially as the ref added 7 minutes of extra time and Buckie equalised in the 97th minute and again in the 122nd minute only to then go on and win 5-4 on penalties, tonight's draw was the second kick in the hawmaws with the possible financial input they could have had. 

Anybody got dirt on Buckie? Ineligible player etc?

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

More likely a Monday or Friday night game for TV, with the OF games slotted in to the prime spots on Saturday or Sunday.

A Friday night at Easter Road would be a terrific tie

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Broxburn will be kicking themselves for missing out on a windfall for a televised match at Celtic Park. 

I thought they had won till I seen the score later on at night. Was around 1 min left when I last checked and were winning so thought that was them 

Percival King

3500, reduced to whatever for segregation, then net gate receipts split 50/50. Hopefully it's Spartans decision where its played but receipts from 1000 tickets for them  doesn't seem like a massive payday.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

A Friday night at Easter Road would be a terrific tie

I think if it's on TV it will stay at Ainslie Park. At Easter Road it will be Saturday 3pm. 

Shanks said no

I've only been to Ainslie Park once to watch a game but wasn't thinking of it as a potential venue we could be playing at. Looking at google maps / streetview can you not just head in through the back gardens of the houses on Pilton Avenue?

edit just had a look at the fences

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.9720134,-3.2343168,3a,15y,70.53h,88.32t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soWMek0Cqae27jjKoVEj9vw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Edited by Shanks said no

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

I think if it's on TV it will stay at Ainslie Park. At Easter Road it will be Saturday 3pm. 

Ah , Saturday at 3 not too shabby either likes 

4 minutes ago, Shanks said no said:

I've only been to Ainslie Park once to watch a game but wasn't thinking of it as a potential venue we could be playing at. Looking at google maps / streetview can you not just head in through the back gardens of the houses on Pilton Avenue?

Not really. Bushes pretty much obscure the view. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

What about Edinburgh rugby stadium?

capacity around 8 k

sell out and the place would be bouncing

Good call, but probably not licensed or registered for football.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Ah well never mind

could have been a brilliant atmosphere

and it’s not in leith 😏

If the police allow. Spartans will keep the tie at Ainslie Park. Away teams are allowed Upto 20% of capacity of the opponent's stadium for Scottish Cup games. You can enter Ainslie Park via the Car Park on Pilton Drive and via an entrance between the houses on Pilton Avenue.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Astro there is a permanent rugby pitch.

my son plays for one of the Spartans youth teams. Hoping they sell tickets through the boys and we can go along.

Hoping it gets moved to ER.

Similar situation to Bonnyrigg Rose playing Hibs a few years ago at Tynecastle.

Would certainly give Spartans a big pay day.

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Hopefully doesn’t get moved. Was a great atmosphere down at Talbot  

Auchinleck is a lively wee town, especially this weekend!

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If the police allow. Spartans will keep the tie at Ainslie Park. Away teams are allowed Upto 20% of capacity of the opponent's stadium for Scottish Cup games. You can enter Ainslie Park via the Car Park on Pilton Drive and via an entrance between the houses on Pilton Avenue.

So get a crowd of around 1200

Jambo in Yorkshire
Just now, Jambo in Yorkshire said:
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Broxburn would have had the same number as Buckie so it would have been Celtic away.

I think Spartans would stand to gain an extra £50,000 or so by moving it.  A hell of a lot of cash for them.  They should first wait to find out the date of the tie and if it's on TV.  Saturday,  not on TV,  no brainer.  

4 minutes ago, romac said:

Hoping it gets moved to ER.

Similar situation to Bonnyrigg Rose playing Hibs a few years ago at Tynecastle.

Would certainly give Spartans a big pay day.

I was in the Bonnyrigg end for that. The Rose had about 4,000 there iirc.  

12 hours ago, jamboozy said:

We will get hibs.😁

Not that easy. We've got Edinburgh's most difficult team for us.

22 minutes ago, XB52 said:

No way should it be moved

this.

Goes against the whole romance of the cup and home advantage. Also Fek giving hibs rental money

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've seen the capacity of Ainslie Park given as 3.612, including 534 seats. You are going to struggle to get that number in safely with standing mainly on grass bankings.

Record attendance at Ainslie Park: 3,127 v Manchester United (23rd July 2011)

There was just under 2k there for the Dun Utd LC tie. Roasting summer weather though but around 1.5k Arabs there. No problems other than for Goodwin and yon pigeon-chested ex-Hun Middleton who was torn a new one.

Segregation not needed either.

Edited by Gundermann

Game will be at Ainslie Park. Hibs have played at Bonnyrigg, Aberdeen at Darvel and Dundee Utd played at Ainslie Park earlier this season. 

They're a league 2 team, and their ground has better facilities than plenty other teams. Also would bet any amount of money it'll be televised on BBC

Clubs can't move matches just because they fancy it, that was removed from the competition rules a number of years ago.  The only way a game will be moved is on safety concerns.  We played at Auchinleck and Ainslie Park is a far more modern stadia than that and has 750 seats (the 500 seat main one, and a new 250 seater opposite) and an overall capacity not far short of 4,000. There's also two entrances/exits so seggregation can happen, although it will be a low risk match.

I would think we'll get 2500 ticket minimum.

Bazzas right boot

Should let them draw so they have a better derby record than hibs. 

Money spinning replay as well.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Tempting!

:Shanks:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

Clubs can't move matches just because they fancy it, that was removed from the competition rules a number of years ago.  The only way a game will be moved is on safety concerns.  We played at Auchinleck and Ainslie Park is a far more modern stadia than that and has 750 seats (the 500 seat main one, and a new 250 seater opposite) and an overall capacity not far short of 4,000. There's also two entrances/exits so seggregation can happen, although it will be a low risk match.

I didn’t know that 👍🏽.
I wouldn’t want to gove Hibs any money anyway so I’m happy, there will less of a scramble for final tickets than this game 😆

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nae replays these days man. AET and pens. Dundee Utd lost on penalties (Harry Stone saved one of the 2 misses) to QoS, as one example this past weekend! 

34 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

not strictly true. Below is an extract of the current rules although it could get moved if The Spartans approach the SFA who agree to move it. 

image.png.f7b42754514dd4ef848634ac2ecead51.png

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

not strictly true. Below is an extract of the current rules although it could get moved if The Spartans approach the SFA who agree to move it. 

image.png.f7b42754514dd4ef848634ac2ecead51.png

Well it is, if the ground is considered unsuitable which really boils down to safety reasons or if it is being used for another purpose  eg Fort William v Clydebank in the Prelimenary Round where Claggan Park was hosting a Ben Nevis race, after being initially moved to Golspie it was moved back again with an 8.00pm ko.

The home club cannot request a move simply because they can sell an extra few thousand tickets at another venue. Generally speaking if a ground in Licenced (which they all are) it wont be moved.

45 minutes ago, R9. said:

I live around the corner from it can watch it from the fence behind dugouts I’d imagine they will have new covering up to prevent it happening from arneil drive 

Very difficult to do with all the shrubbery and bushes that side of the ground.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** official match thread - the Spartans v Heart Of Midlothian ***