*** official match thread - the Spartans v Heart Of Midlothian ***

Hampden Demolition

9 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Not this again. It’s been done to death. He hates the OF more than the wee team like a lot of us do so we’ll just leave it there. 

So you'd want Hibs to win a trophy if they were playing Rangers or Celtic?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• iantjambo

• Wee Mikey

• Hearts007

2 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

I was surprised to see someone on here was supporting our local rivals in a Cup Final so asked the question. In future I'll run anything past you before posting though, thanks for the heads up.

Not at all pal. I was merely pointing out that it’s been done to death but if you don’t know then you don’t know. Its a forum about opinions and you have exactly the same clout on here as the rest of us. Each to their own! 

15 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Having witnessed Hibs fans celebrate the 3rd May each year and singing 'Albert Kidd' etc. at us why would any Hearts fan want them to win anything? That's without even mentioning the muppets who tried to derail our exit from administration. 

The question at the end is a good one though. I have previously come across Hearts fans who don't live in Edinburgh take that stance with regards to preferring Hibs over the old firm. 

There's a thread on hibs.net about naming a stand after Tom Farmer, which is fair enough.

Someone else suggested naming the four stands, including one after Albert Kidd.

Others have agreed with no obvious sense of joking.

It's staggering.

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

So you'd want Hibs to win a trophy if they were playing Rangers or Celtic?

I wouldn’t want Hubs to win a game of tiddlywinks and I take delight in their misery. 
for the avoidance of doubt my all time top five most hated teams in Scotland are below 

1 - Celtic

1 - Rangers 

3 - Hibs 

4 - St Mirren 

5 - Dundee 

Whilst I rank the OF above the 3rd team, I never want to see the 3 team win anything whilst I’m on this planet. I take great comfort in their misery and living in our shadow. 

Hopefully this clears up the confusion for you. 

Just now, SMJ_1874 said:

I wouldn’t want Hubs to win a game of tiddlywinks and I take delight in their misery. 
for the avoidance of doubt my all time top five most hated teams in Scotland are below 

1 - Celtic

1 - Rangers 

3 - Hibs 

4 - St Mirren 

5 - Dundee 

Whilst I rank the OF above the 3rd team, I never want to see the 3 team win anything whilst I’m on this planet. I take great comfort in their misery and living in our shadow. 

It does kind of. The Post I replied to suggested you would take Hibs over them, as apparently others have.

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

It does kind of. The Post I replied to suggested you would take Hibs over them, as apparently others have.

Don’t put words in my mouth. A lot of Hearts support despise the old firm more than Hubs and I get that. As a regular attendee to both away grounds then my hatred for the OF grows for them with each passing game.

So where does that say I would want Hibs to beat them in a cup final or even a league game? If certain posters take hibs over the OF to win a cup final then I’d be questioning their sanity. The BRB chat about it just gets regurgitated to the same levels of shoite and after it while it becomes tedious. 

41 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

That's all very noble, but the most intense rivalries in football are usually those with teams that are closest to each other. As I say, I can't stand the Uglies and support anyone else against them, but not Hibs.

Huge structural change is needed in Scottish Football to do something about the duopoly it has been for decades. Hibs winning that final did not move the dial one millimetre on ending the Old Firm dominance. What it did do was give our closest rivals a huge boost financially and morally.

Out of interest, are you from outside of Edinburgh?

23 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Having witnessed Hibs fans celebrate the 3rd May each year and singing 'Albert Kidd' etc. at us why would any Hearts fan want them to win anything? That's without even mentioning the muppets who tried to derail our exit from administration. 

The question at the end is a good one though. I have previously come across Hearts fans who don't live in Edinburgh take that stance with regards to preferring Hibs over the old firm. 
ANY TEAM EVERY TIME against either of the Cheeks . Speaking honestly as a Hearts fan for over 60 years

We will just have to let it lie that you are less forgiving than me and you are completely mistaken re the cup win giving them any moral enhancement. I note your id , only started three weeks ago hints at you NOT being from Edinburgh yourself. The answer is I am currently in exile but am a proud  native of Leith where, just to make it clear to you and others, The Hibs don't come from. Not that has anything to do with the price of eggs.

Mackem Midlothian
1 minute ago, brownkg said:

We will just have to let it lie that you are less forgiving than me and you are completely mistaken re the cup win giving them any moral enhancement. I note your id , only started three weeks ago hints at you NOT being from Edinburgh yourself. The answer is I am currently in exile but am a proud  native of Leith where, just to make it clear to you and others, The Hibs don't come from. Not that has anything to do with the price of eggs.

They'd failed to get promoted again, lost the League Cup Final and were 2-1 down in the Scottish Cup Final. Those two late goals changed everything for them and gave a huge boost to their moral and finances. That's not even in question.

It wasn't a dig, I've just noticed that Jambos from outside Edinburgh sometimes view the derby rivalry a bit differently.

Not sure how you take that from my id, or what that has to do with "the price of eggs" either. It's a tribute to my favourite ever Hearts player.

Exile fae Main Street

Just to belatedly join in I despise everything Celtic as any Hearts supporterwho knows bit of history should and because of the heinous things they represent, Hibs? I don't want them to win anything and was gutted beyond consoling when they beat us on the way to winning the cup, how could anyone want them to win that say FFS! I find them kinda funny in a way,but we've helped them survive in the past, however they must be kept in their place...apart from that I hate everyone else equally, apart from Falkirk as they were my Da's team and mine til I was 7 in 64-65 and we know what happened then....🫣

1 minute ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

They'd failed to get promoted again, lost the League Cup Final and were 2-1 down in the Scottish Cup Final. Those two late goals changed everything for them and gave a huge boost to their moral and finances. That's not even in question.

It wasn't a dig, I've just noticed that Jambos from outside Edinburgh sometimes view the derby rivalry a bit differently.

Not sure how you take that from my id, or what that has to do with "the price of eggs" either. It's a tribute to my favourite ever Hearts player.

exactly what moral boost did they get? None such thing happened

3 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Just to belatedly join in I despise everything Celtic as any Hearts supporterwho knows bit of history should and because of the heinous things they represent, Hibs? I don't want them to win anything and was gutted beyond consoling when they beat us on the way to winning the cup, how could anyone want them to win that say FFS! I find them kinda funny in a way,but we've helped them survive in the past, however they must be kept in their place...apart from that I hate everyone else equally, apart from Falkirk as they were my Da's team and mine til I was 7 in 64-65 and we know what happened then....🫣

So old enough to have gone to games where the crowd mixed when friends and relations stood together before the advent of ALL SEATER stadia

Mackem Midlothian
3 minutes ago, brownkg said:

exactly what moral boost did they get? None such thing happened

Morale, please forgive the typo.

5 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

Morale, please forgive the typo.

Ego te absolve

45 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Don’t put words in my mouth. A lot of Hearts support despise the old firm more than Hubs and I get that. As a regular attendee to both away grounds then my hatred for the OF grows for them with each passing game.

So where does that say I would want Hibs to beat them in a cup final or even a league game? If certain posters take hibs over the OF to win a cup final then I’d be questioning their sanity. The BRB chat about it just gets regurgitated to the same levels of shoite and after it while it becomes tedious. 

It makes no sense.

You despise the Old Firm more than Hibs but want them to beat Hibs?

Mackem Midlothian
32 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Ego te absolve

In future please just admit you have no argument. Picking up on typos cones across as a bit desperate.

21 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

In future please just admit you have no argument. Picking up on typos cones across as a bit desperate.

Condescending , patronising , typo and factually incorrect. Just because my opinion is different from yours does not automatically make you the arbiter of veracity. Still digging yourself into such a hole within 23 days of this ID is verging on a record.

Thunder and Lightning
On 20/01/2024 at 17:47, Wee Mikey said:

Out of order, mate.

@Bazzas right bootis a Hearts stalwart.

Season ticket holder, FOH contributor and much, much more.

Much much more? 

What would that be then? 

Police informer? 

Robbie stalker? 

Hibs sympathiser? 

😂 

Mackem Midlothian
1 hour ago, brownkg said:

Condescending , patronising , typo and factually incorrect. Just because my opinion is different from yours does not automatically make you the arbiter of veracity. Still digging yourself into such a hole within 23 days of this ID is verging on a record.

I agree wholeheartedly with your second sentence, and it applies to you too.

They waited over a century to win that Cup. In the preceding years we'd smashed them twice at Hampden to stop them winning it. We loved to rub their noses in it. The boost they got from winning it, financially and in terms of morale was clear to see. Deny it all you want but it's the truth.

As for your last sentence, you are in no position to call anyone patronising or condescending after coming out with that. Shame on you. It's disgraceful.

23 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your second sentence, and it applies to you too.

They waited over a century to win that Cup. In the preceding years we'd smashed them twice at Hampden to stop them winning it. We loved to rub their noses in it. The boost they got from winning it, financially and in terms of morale was clear to see. Deny it all you want but it's the truth.

As for your last sentence, you are in no position to call anyone patronising or condescending after coming out with that. Shame on you. It's disgraceful.

8 years down the line where are they?  Nuff said

Mackem Midlothian
5 minutes ago, brownkg said:

8 years down the line where are they?  Nuff said

They may or may not have squandered any benefits they got from it, but that doesn't mean they didn't get a boost at the time. 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Grant's pish and that's why Naismith's getting a lower league journeyman in to replace him. Stick at it though mate 👍

The new kid is to replace Lowry, who has actually left. Grant isn't my favorite by any means (Zurich still stings) but he's still sometimes a useful player.

5 hours ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

Hand up, it's obvious from my profile but I'm not from Edinburgh nor do I live there, and yeah, I don't have much seethe for Hibs. The banter seems mostly just that, banter. Our clubs still work together regarding away fans well. The OF on the other hand are poisons who treat us with a mix of condescension and contempt.

In the cup final, at the time I was hoping we would build on the good finishes we'd had and kick on to some second place finishes. Rangers were still skint AF having gotten papped back into the Championship by us and Motherwell. If they'd won that game they'd have gotten a sniff at European football and big boost of cash. Hibs on the other hand faceplanted at the first opportunity in Europe and have remained largely toothless since. If they got a boost, it's not been a very durable one.

I know this doesn't sit well with many. Whatever. It's not like me going, "eh, I guess I'd rather Hibs won it" back in 2016 turned some cosmic gears that kept Andy Halliday from scoring a scored goal.

12 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It makes no sense.

You despise the Old Firm more than Hibs but want them to beat Hibs?

Over 40 years of going to parkhead and ibrox to see us getting pumped mostly. Not to mention David Murray and the EBT years and both sets of horrible bigoted supporters that treat fans like dug shoite when we’re through there. The referees that bow down to both sides and let’s not talk about the Huns penalties. Tavernier could win the golden boot this year on dodgy penalties alone. 

So to sum up, it makes perfect sense to hate the OF more than the wee team if you ask me as they’re not a threat. I’d never want them to win again though if I had my way but I’d sure miss pumping them home and away. Hibs don’t even scratch the surface in hatred levels when it comes to the bigot twins. 

There’s loads of loyal jambos that go to every away fixture except the bigot fest for the above reasons and it hasn’t changed in decades. 

3 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Over 40 years of going to parkhead and ibrox to see us getting pumped mostly. Not to mention David Murray and the EBT years and both sets of horrible bigoted supporters that treat fans like dug shoite when we’re through there. The referees that bow down to both sides and let’s not talk about the Huns penalties. Tavernier could win the golden boot this year on dodgy penalties alone. 

So to sum up, it makes perfect sense to hate the OF more than the wee team if you ask me as they’re not a threat. I’d never want them to win again though if I had my way but I’d sure miss pumping them home and away. Hibs don’t even scratch the surface in hatred levels when it comes to the bigot twins. 

There’s loads of loyal jambos that go to every away fixture except the bigot fest for the above reasons and it hasn’t changed in decades. 

I get that bit.

It's the wanting to beat Hibs against that background.

Mackem Midlothian
On 20/01/2024 at 22:11, Scott Leitch said:

Wanted Hibs winning the cup for the first time since 1902 as he didn't want Rangers winning anything. 

Fast forward to this season and he states he doesn't care who wins a final between Rangers and Aberdeen 😂

That's ****ed up! 😂

Mikey1874

I still see 19.02 on my phone nearly every day.

Just 3 days short of a million hours it was too.

dannymack
On 21/01/2024 at 10:14, brownkg said:

All clubs have their default allocation of roasters us included but we are bigger and better than the few ultra nutjobs from 11 years ago .let the past go. By taking the stance you do you are in fact shoring up the hegemony that controls Scottish football to the disadvantage to all other clubs. Unless you are an overt supporter of either cheek you need to see the bigger picture that ANYTHING and ANY TEAM that upsets the .cheeks is a better outcome for Scottish football as a whole.

**** off !!! 

Hibs to be defeated at all times in any cup final even if it meant we had to sacrifice a European spot ! 

**** Hibs yesterday, **** Hibs today, **** Hibs tomorrow 

dannymack
On 21/01/2024 at 12:49, jambo since 1960 said:

Thought yesterday was a great day out at a typical early round cup tie.

Great wee ground & friendly fans trying to make a positive impact in their community.

Only downside was the morons shaming us by displaying an Ulster flag. If any flag should be displayed by us is the Scottish one which is integral to our badge and clearly indicates where  our loyalties should lie.

Boring... 

Should have done some  fact finding on the the flag first before spouting your racist* comments on here. 

* thought I'd use the race card here as its a popular card to use these days. 

5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

**** off !!! 

Hibs to be defeated at all times in any cup final even if it meant we had to sacrifice a European spot ! 

**** Hibs yesterday, **** Hibs today, **** Hibs tomorrow 

Let the past go you surely can't be serious saying you'd give up a European place. The cheeks "divide and conquer" ploy working as usual
Q.E.D.

dannymack
On 21/01/2024 at 21:04, brownkg said:

So old enough to have gone to games where the crowd mixed when friends and relations stood together before the advent of ALL SEATER stadia

Selectively missing out the segregation years before stadiums were torn down and replaced with seated stands. 

1 minute ago, dannymack said:

Selectively missing out the segregation years before stadiums were torn down and replaced with seated stands. 

No selective missing at all. OK I didn't mention it but there was a time , just like Saturday past, when the crowds mixed. I used to play rugby for the school in the morning, football at letham park at lunchtime and then go to whichever team was at home after that with a bag full of dirty kit alongside my hearts and hibs friends . We stood together. It was a thing and as far as I am concerned the segregation and advent of all seater stadiums has noly made the "othering" of opposition fans worse as shown on here.

Mackem Midlothian
12 hours ago, brownkg said:

Let the past go you surely can't be serious saying you'd give up a European place. The cheeks "divide and conquer" ploy working as usual
Q.E.D.

Wanting our local rivals to lose a Final has no impact on ending the duopoly. Hearts fans want Hibs to lose, Sunderland want Newcastle to lose, Scotland want England to lose. It's part of the banter and rivalry of football and completely natural.

The biggest in which the OF's divide and conquer rule worked was when Celtic got the Sheep to go against changing the voting structure. 

12 hours ago, brownkg said:

No selective missing at all. OK I didn't mention it but there was a time , just like Saturday past, when the crowds mixed. I used to play rugby for the school in the morning, football at letham park at lunchtime and then go to whichever team was at home after that with a bag full of dirty kit alongside my hearts and hibs friends . We stood together. It was a thing and as far as I am concerned the segregation and advent of all seater stadiums has noly made the "othering" of opposition fans worse as shown on here.

I know a lot of people from those generations would go and watch Hibs with their mates and they'd do the same when Hearts were at home. It's not an exaggeration to say that these particular Jambos want Hibs to lose every time they play.

It's not hatred, just rivalry.

38 minutes ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

Wanting our local rivals to lose a Final has no impact on ending the duopoly. Hearts fans want Hibs to lose, Sunderland want Newcastle to lose, Scotland want England to lose. It's part of the banter and rivalry of football and completely natural.

The biggest in which the OF's divide and conquer rule worked was when Celtic got the Sheep to go against changing the voting structure. 

I know a lot of people from those generations would go and watch Hibs with their mates and they'd do the same when Hearts were at home. It's not an exaggeration to say that these particular Jambos want Hibs to lose every time they play.

You are both too young and too blinded to understand that I , and many others, would rather the hegemony lost anytime they play anyone end of story. It is not the same as wanting Hibs to win it is just that result is the lesser of the two evils (call it Edinburgh v Glasgow for your analogy). I also want only one cheek to win everything  rather than them sharing things between them as that causes the losing half more grief.
 This is the last reply I will post to you so please just move on rather than repeating your same old stuff by trolling me there is a game tonight which I am just leaving to attend.

Mackem Midlothian
10 minutes ago, brownkg said:

You are both too young and too blinded to understand that I , and many others, would rather the hegemony lost anytime they play anyone end of story. It is not the same as wanting Hibs to win it is just that result is the lesser of the two evils (call it Edinburgh v Glasgow for your analogy). I also want only one cheek to win everything  rather than them sharing things between them as that causes the losing half more grief.
 This is the last reply I will post to you so please just move on rather than repeating your same old stuff by trolling me there is a game tonight which I am just leaving to attend.

It's not trolling, brownkg, just a difference of opinion. That's what this forum is for is it not?

Enjoy the game and I might see you there. Have a safe journey to Edinburgh.

On 21/01/2024 at 20:33, SMJ_1874 said:

1 - Celtic

1 - Rangers 

3 - Hibs 

4 - St Mirren 

5 - Dundee 

Oh that’s so close to mine. 1/celtic 2/hibs 3/Rangers. 

the rest the same. As for who I wanted to win that final? Rangers but not by much. Like choosing between a black eye and a burst nose. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, Mackem Midlothian said:

100%

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Oh that’s so close to mine. 1/celtic 2/hibs 3/Rangers. 

the rest the same. As for who I wanted to win that final? Rangers but not by much. Like choosing between a black eye and a burst nose. 

I’d have the sheep up there as well just narrowly behind 4 & 5. Yeh not much to choose between the top 3 tbh but the OF win it by a short head for me.

Great analogy re the black eye GR 😂