Mafia - the new year's masquerade ball

Shapes

It's New Year's Eve and guests are descending upon the grand castle for the annual new year's masquerade ball. A very special guest is in attendance, the princess. She's not sure what she's looking for and she is going to massively influence how the night goes. 

There are a group of goons looking to cause destruction at the ball. They want to eliminate all the guests and take over the castle. They also want the princess to rebel and join them.

There's a magical doctor with a potion to save someone each night. 

There's a cop looking for baddies but he's also wanting to know who the princess is and for them to join the masons.

A group of masons are helping to eliminate the bad guys 

And there's an assassin who is also looking for the princess to join forces with him and take over the castle.

ROLES:

Doc. Can save someone each night with his special magic potion. Cannot save the same player on consecutive nights.

Cop - A private investigator who is trying to find the princess before anyone else so he can just the goons. Ivestigate a player each night and this get passed onto the masons

Masons  - get passed on the investigation from the cop 

Goons x 4 - Can choose to killl someone each night

Assassin.  The assassin wants to cause chaos at the ball and cause a distraction in his aim to get the princess to himself. They get three kills which they can use any time during the day, or during the night activities. If the assassin kills someone just before night is called then all votes for that player will not count. If the assassin hits the princess then they will join forces and get an extra bullet and if they are the last remaining roled players they win.

Pikachu - Jack of all trades. Pikachu has one save, one investigation and one kill which he can use during the night activities. He can only use each activity once and then is powerless. Is on the side of the town.

Princess -  The object of everyone's affection. The goons want her to join them, the cop wants them to join the masons, the assassin wants them to join with him. But she doesn't know who she is. She is just a townie until she is targeted by any of the above.

Masquerade ball guests - vanilla townies

Town wins when there are no goons left and the goons win once the town cannot get a majority. 

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cop, Goons,Assassin in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Shapes and unvote Shapes

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or character in game etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players.. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the this unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players

Finally I will Mod kill non-posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be Monday 3pm.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• redjambo

• Shapes

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Stuart Mcneill

2. Peaky Bunnet

3. Red Jambo

4. Jambo Sean

5. Boof

6. Seats

7. Wee jambo

8. Alim

9. Ray Gin

10. Yvonne 

11. Rudi Skacel

12. Prince Buaben

13. Dunks

15. IanTjambo

16. GOFS

17. Tommy Brown

19. Vlad

Right it won't let me edit the thread but there is no jack of all trades. I copied from one of my last games and forgot to cut that out. 

Can’t imagine there being much posting tonight, so I’ll post an early goon list…Based on absolutely nothing:

Boof

Tommy

Wee Jambo

Peaky

Goons…The lot of ‘em 😁

Goon list

Peaky Bunnet

Wee Jambo
Alim Ozturk
Dunks

Based on my 1-19 random number generator - which gave me number 18 four times!

How many Masons Shapes?

I Would use  BS and will vote  Stuart tit for tat as I am blind in this game. 

I will struggle to get online and post especially tomorrow as am at the Old Course in St Andrews. 

4 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

How many Masons Shapes?

I will struggle to get online and post especially tomorrow as am at the Old Course in St Andrews. 

A goon getting his excuses in early 😁

7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

How many Masons Shapes?

ill vote peaky as im jealous your playing st andrews tomorrow and im just playing at haddington!

Can I just confirm, because I've never done this before. Is everyone who isn't a goon a townie, even the assassin? It's just that some of the townies have special abilities?

Happy just to be a townie so no stress!

I would use bs if I could and my goon list will be 

Rudi

Alim

Ian

Dunks

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Can I just confirm, because I've never done this before. Is everyone who isn't a goon a townie, even the assassin? It's just that some of the townies have special abilities?

Goons are the only bad ones in the game. The assassin is working for themselves and trying to win the game solo. The princess (not a normal role in mafia) is neutral at the minute as they can be turned good or evil. Cop, doc, masons and townies are all good.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The assassin will be in it for themselves, but everyone else apart from the goons are townies. 

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Goons are the only bad ones in the game. The assassin is working for themselves and trying to win the game solo. The princess (not a normal role in mafia) is neutral at the minute as they can be turned good or evil. Cop, doc, masons and townies are all good.

5 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

The assassin will be in it for themselves, but everyone else apart from the goons are townies. 

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Cheers.

Actually, rereading Shapes OP, the princess is currently a townie, hence good. But can be turned evil by the goons, turned into a mason by the cop or become affiliated with the assassin.

48 minutes ago, Boof said:

Goon list

Peaky Bunnet

Wee Jambo
Alim Ozturk
Dunks

Based on my 1-19 random number generator - which gave me number 18 four times!

They don't make random number generators like they used to. :(

I've done the same, and my generator thinks the goons are:

Dunks

Rudi

Peaky

Alim

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Actually, rereading Shapes OP, the princess is currently a townie, hence good. But can be turned evil by the goons, turned into a mason by the cop or become affiliated with the assassin.

She's easily influenced, isn't she, depending on which way the wind blows. I thought most princesses were made of sterner stuff.

31 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

ill vote peaky as im jealous your playing st andrews tomorrow and im just playing at haddington!

I should have qualified this in that I am eating and drinking in the Old Course Hotel. Golf for me is a summer sport with no rain forecast. 😀

Evening all, pleasure to have your acquaintance this auld year's night.

Liking the setup Shapes, although I miss Pikachu already :(

For @redjambo - BS is a strategy where the cop votes for the person beneath them in the player list - that way the masons can identify them as they receive the investigation results.

You'll see some players stating if they would use BS to alert the masons, however it can backfire if the cop happens to investigate a goon on night one, as it alerts the goons to the cop being one of four players.

For a first day vote, I generally just go with the player below me as there isn't any further info yet. Others will be random and some will have voted for everybody by deadline - he's called Sean :lol:

8 minutes ago, Dunks said:

For @redjambo - BS is a strategy where the cop votes for the person beneath them in the player list - that way the masons can identify them as they receive the investigation results.

You'll see some players stating if they would use BS to alert the masons, however it can backfire if the cop happens to investigate a goon on night one, as it alerts the goons to the cop being one of four players.

For a first day vote, I generally just go with the player below me as there isn't any further info yet. Others will be random and some will have voted for everybody by deadline - he's called Sean :lol:

Thanks Dunks. Just to check, we don't need to make our first guess before 3pm tomorrow? That gives me time to send private investigators round to everyone's homes and golf courses to find out what roles you're all playing.

Also, to check, you're only allowed one vote per "day" and once you've voted, you can't change your mind?

Stuart McNeill
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Thanks Dunks. Just to check, we don't need to make our first guess before 3pm tomorrow? That gives me time to send private investigators round to everyone's homes and golf courses to find out what roles you're all playing.

Also, to check, you're only allowed one vote per "day" and once you've voted, you can't change your mind?

you're able to unvote.

So currently I've got a vote on peaky.

I'm able to change this by

Unvote Peaky

Vote Tommy Brown

So just doing the above you can change your vote.

Just another note, don't edit a post that has a vote on it, otherwise the vote will be ignored by shapes.

7 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

you're able to unvote.

So currently I've got a vote on peaky.

I'm able to change this by

Unvote Peaky

Vote Tommy Brown

So just doing the above you can change your vote.

Just another note, don't edit a post that has a vote on it, otherwise the vote will be ignored by shapes.

Cheers Stuart, or should I say, Princess. ;)

Yup, I noticed that Shapes said he wouldn't be happy about us doing the latter, amongst the 1001 other things we're not allowed to do. :)

29 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Ahem...BS is where the Cop investigates (at night time - which is a whole new thing for you to get to grips with if you have the capacity to do so!) the player below them on the list to give the masons a better chance (it's not 100% effective) of working out who the Cop is so they don't inadvertently end up lynching him/her.

One bad point of it is if the Cop promises to use BS then investigates a goon :lol: That means the goons have a much better chance of knocking off the Cop during their nightly activities. And, as you'll have probably surmised by now, night doesn't necessarily have to occur during our real hours of darkness - night time could be at 11am if someone gets lynched early enough. That'd be a bit of a PITA for Shapes but we get by.

Stuart McNeill
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Cheers Stuart, or should I say, Princess. ;)

Yup, I noticed that Shapes said he wouldn't be happy about us doing the latter, amongst the 1001 other things we're not allowed to do. :)

you're getting the hang of it.

You can just leave yourself unvoted too.

Unvote Tommy

but just remember to vote again

Covid decided to visit me again this festive period.

Christmas day last year. New Year this year. So whilst you are all having fun I’m stuck in on my own.

Boooooo!!!

Anyway I wouldn’t use BS if I was cop. I would investigate Dunks. 

My usual vote for the last person to vote vote.

Vote jambosean75

52 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Goon list for me is:

Wee Jambo

IantJambo

YvonneJambo

RedJambo

:smiliz19:

Something against Jambos? 
Always had you pegged as a Hibby :wow:

17 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Let me know if you need any emergency supplies @Vlad Magic :thumbsup:

Got red wine! Drank red wine!! Buying more red wine tomorrow!!

All good here bud. Appreciate the offer though 👍

30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Something against Jambos? 

Seems odd that on a Hearts forum, folk need to add Jambo to their name. Trying too hard to blend in - bunch of goons.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Seems odd that on a Hearts forum, folk need to add Jambo to their name. Trying too hard to blend in - bunch of goons.

To be fair, when I set up my very first username, long before JKB, it was always iantjambo. I stayed faithful to it, all through the years 😁