Mafia - the new year's masquerade ball

Shapes

Peakybunnet
18 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Thanks for the game clare.

I completely forgot about that game where peaky was on his deathbed. Hahaha. 

My moment of the game was yvonne calling me out knowing I'd probably pretend to be another role 😂

Redjambo i hope you continue to play, I'd have probably went for you a bit more in terms of your posting but I think most knew you were a mason by that point 

pretty much thought the  same and hoped the Doc would take a chance

and save him instead of himself 

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• redjambo

• Shapes

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

redjambo
19 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

pretty much thought the  same and hoped the Doc would take a chance

and save him instead of himself 

If only we could turn back time. :D

yvonnejambo
37 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

My moment of the game was yvonne calling me out knowing I'd probably pretend to be another role 😂

Redjambo i hope you continue to play, I'd have probably went for you a bit more in terms of your posting but I think most knew you were a mason by that point 

I have still not fully forgiven you for that move! The fact you managed to convince everyone you were the good one and get me lynched was so frustrating 🤬

redjambo
39 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Cheers Stuart. As I mentioned before, I was most impressed by your arguments in your defence. Hind legs off a donkey and all that. :) To be honest, I had no real comeback except to double down with no real argument, thus contributing to the revealing of my position. My only hope was that the Doc would save me that day and allow me to wreak havoc the next as a sacrificial lamb (killed off the next night to be sure). In the end, it turns out I had no idea who the two remaining goons were so it would have been a waste of a save.

I don't think I played a great game at all, except in wee parts, but boy did I enjoy myself. :D

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Are there any variants of the game where the vanilla townies have a group chat?

We sometimes have games with multiple teams, so less townies and more roles. Yvonne is the master mod for team games.

redjambo
28 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We sometimes have games with multiple teams, so less townies and more roles. Yvonne is the master mod for team games.

Sounds great. I was thinking earlier how an interesting mod would be to have a random resurrection after, say, day 3, but into a random role (goon/mason/townie). Could put the cat amongst the pigeons. I may not have thought this through however! :D The resurrected person would be far more difficult to pin down given that their previous posting history would be junk and their new posting history much shorter than the others.

Good game to watch from the sidelines as my attempts at being an assassin continue in the same vein as Teppic.

One day ....

Thanks for organising Shapes - next time I'll read things twice :smiliz64:

Vlad Magic

I’ve found an old masons chat on what’s app

Woukd post some screen shots but I haven’t a ****ing clue who these 2 dudes are?

Graeme?

Ian Williamson?

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sounds great. I was thinking earlier how an interesting mod would be to have a random resurrection after, say, day 3, but into a random role (goon/mason/townie). Could put the cat amongst the pigeons. I may not have thought this through however! :D The resurrected person would be far more difficult to pin down given that their previous posting history would be junk and their new posting history much shorter than the others.

There are loads of weird and wonderful roles that can be included, although it's often easier to keep it simple - especially for the mod!

I seem to recall running a game once where five or so players were wiped out at once. Oops :D

Vlad Magic

Also found the WhatsApp chat for the game I ran 🤣

The Princess Bride one 👍

iantjambo
22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’ve found an old masons chat on what’s app

Woukd post some screen shots but I haven’t a ****ing clue who these 2 dudes are?

Graeme?

Ian Williamson?

I’m not Ian Williamson

Peakybunnet
44 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I’m not Ian Williamson

Was Graeme not Riddley? 

Stuart McNeill

Graeme was Riddley and Ian williamson is sheldon iirc

48 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

From my hospital bedside. 😀

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

Peaky if this is commitment. 

Then I dont know what is hahaha. 

iantjambo
53 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Was Graeme not Riddley? 

49 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Graeme was Riddley and Ian williamson is sheldon iirc

Peaky if this is commitment. 

Then I dont know what is hahaha. 

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Peakybunnet said:

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

I was right :verysmug:

Was this the same game where Shapes demanded a then 10yo Wee Jambo show a screenshot of his school ipad? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Was this the same game where Shapes demanded a then 10yo Wee Jambo show a screenshot of his school ipad? :lol:

I think it might have been 🤣🤣🤣

iantjambo
22 minutes ago, Dunks said:

:gok:

2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

IMG_4314.jpeg

IMG_4315.jpeg

So my playing style hasn't changed then 🤣🤣

I do remember that game though. Think i was roled.

Peakybunnet
52 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Not this one but was definitely a step to far.

😀

This game especially is a pretty good read.

35 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

😀

Ffs, the paternity of my daughter was questioned at the start and then I went on to have a mare and cost the town the win. Could you not have found a different game? 🙈

On 04/01/2024 at 22:04, Peakybunnet said:

😀

I read through this all the other night and it brought me all sorts of feels. Smacky ❤️ Place just isn't the same without him. 

4 hours ago, Shapes said:

I read through this all the other night and it brought me all sorts of feels. Smacky ❤️ Place just isn't the same without him. 

Haha I just had a read.

Safe to say I was raging! Papped oot on Day 1 again

:gok::seething:

4 hours ago, Shapes said:

Whatever happened to Smack? Did he have health issues?

2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Whatever happened to Smack? Did he have health issues?

Yeah Andy. Sadly he passed away in April last year. Still miss him every day. Was a big loss 💔

On 10/01/2024 at 17:32, Shapes said:

Yeah Andy. Sadly he passed away in April last year. Still miss him every day. Was a big loss 💔

Really sorry to hear that. He was a brilliant character and always made me chuckle. Was glad to hear that a few of the Mafia family went to his funeral. 

6 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Really sorry to hear that. He was a brilliant character and always made me chuckle. Was glad to hear that a few of the Mafia family went to his funeral. 

Funeral service was lovely and it was only right we finished the day with a wee mini linlithgow pub crawl 😊 I often find myself going to text him a lot of nonsense 🥹 Changed phones so lost all of my WhatsApp thread with him which was a hoot. He was one of a kind our Smacky. Got me through the toughest of times ❤️

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Just stumbled on this thread upon a rare venture to the Shed and read through the entire thing.

Good to see Vlad hasn't changed a bit 😂.  Reading through this game took me back to the time Morgaro and I (I think) were masons with him and Morgaro pretty much had to hold his hand through the entire game to stop him doing something daft!  Wish I still had the PM thread for that but the game will be in the archives somewhere.

I had Yvonne pinned as the last goon so good to see my instincts are as bad as they always were!  Then it just got confusing after that.

Heard about Smack at the time and was really saddened to hear that, but lovely that some of you made it along to the funeral to say your goodbyes.

Hope you're all doing good!