Var ( merged )

Ked

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Bud I don't criticise her as such but we have people surely that can have a word about that !@#£ Munro and get him to fek.

And if we haven't we need to get some!@#£.

BTW  Upside doon smithee I don't care about my uncouth shit the night

All cool. I hope we are having a pop. My point is we don't need to do our talking in the media.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• merrymac

• Ked

• davemclaren

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If you haven’t seen it watch Sportscene 

Its not even debatable if there was contact

One of the angles on Hearts TV showed it clearly

Rangers or Celtic are getting that penalty. Ref gives it before VAR confirms it. If ref doesn’t they’re checking for a good couple of minutes.

Farce

Any club is getting that.

Anyone in charge of var for this incident that doesn't give a pen who also varred Boyce karate chop.needs emptied.

Lose Munro his job.

And Muir is culpable in the fact he was decisive enough to issue a yellow and tarnish young Forest.

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There was a clarification issued at the start of the season which gave the defending side a bit more leeway on DOGSO when a penalty is awarded, otherwise Rowles might have seen red after his handball on Wednesday.

Law 12. Fouls and Misconduct

• Clarification that if the referee awards a penalty kick for an offence which involved a defending team player challenging an opponent for the ball (excluding holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.), the same sanction should be issued to the player as for an attempt to play the ball, i.e. if the offence stops or interferes with a promising attack – no caution (no yellow card); DOGSO offence – caution (yellow card)

Cheers, must have missed this update. Must admit to being confused that there wasn't more mentioned on a possible red card for Rowles on Wednesday. 

Forrest actually tries to stay on his feet as well. Must be some kick in the teeth to be denied such a clear penalty and not only that to get booked for diving. Forrest is as honest a player as they come.

Just now, Fejka said:

Forrest actually tries to stay on his feet as well. Must be some kick in the teeth to be denied such a clear penalty and not only that to get booked for diving. Forrest is as honest a player as they come.

100% 

And that's another reason the club get fekt right in about this.

You get professional cheats like bumboil strutting about while proper football players get cheated.

Time to protect our employee get the yellow rescinded (there is precedent) and get Munro hunted from our future games and any affecting us and Muir sanctioned.

Pitchfork sharpened to a tee

19 minutes ago, Ked said:

Anyone in charge of var for this incident that doesn't give a pen who also varred Boyce karate chop.needs emptied.

Lose Munro his job.

And Muir is culpable in the fact he was decisive enough to issue a yellow and tarnish young Forest.

Refs make errors, its completely accepted and as long as the errors are applied evenly, you do just have to dust yourself down and get on with it - but thats twice now where David Munro has ignored our penalty claims. 

At the very least the club should be demanding a meeting. Ideally, he should be demoted and someone not from the West coast can be promoted on merit. 

26 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why are Rangers even complaining about it?  It was offside!  Or was there another one in the 2nd half?

It’s because there was no communication that it was due to the offside. Everyone in the stadium including commentators (for several minutes) weren’t aware that’s why the penalty wasn’t given. 

Malinga the Swinga

Saw it again on Sportscene and there is clear contact, which was pointed out and all in studio agreed VAR made mistake.

That cost us 2 points which could impact on our bid for 3rd place. 

Apologies are no use, I'd rather they just got things right.

Kidd’s Boots

It was as clear as day in real time from the Main Stand there was contact. What’s not clear is if VAR checked the incident. Nothing came up on the screens, play was restarted quite quickly and watching the highlights again no signs that Muir was listening to any comms on the headset. A really poor performance from the whole system again today.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

It was as clear as day in real time from the Main Stand there was contact. What’s not clear is if VAR checked the incident. Nothing came up on the screens, play was restarted quite quickly and watching the highlights again no signs that Muir was listening to any comms on the headset. A really poor performance from the whole system again today.

VAR reviews everything 

49 minutes ago, Ked said:

Lose Munro his job.

I think we can challenge the yellow card because the decision is clearly wrong, tv footage supports that imo.

32 minutes ago, OTT said:

Refs make errors, its completely accepted and as long as the errors are applied evenly, you do just have to dust yourself down and get on with it - but thats twice now where David Munro has ignored our penalty claims. 

At the very least the club should be demanding a meeting. Ideally, he should be demoted and someone not from the West coast can be promoted on merit. 

About time we call out refs with a clear vendetta against us, used to think brother Beaton had one but at Darkheid and the San Giro he was quite good!

Just watched the game again and I thought both incidents were pens,   Forrests clearly not even up for debate but Natty got in front of the ball and then there was clear contact.   Not a VAR issue but also didn’t think their free kick was a foul and on Sportscene I still can’t see a foul by the Hoff,   Am I missing something here?   Where is the foul?    Lacklustre performance today but these incidents still cost us.  

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Wouldn’t be a red would it? Thought there was a double jeopardy rule now? 

It would be a Red as the goalkeeper has not made a genuine attempt to get the ball.

Kidd’s Boots
4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

VAR reviews everything 

The time it took to check the offside for County’s goal in the opening minutes tells me that not everything is checked as thoroughly as VAR expects us to believe. 

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, John Findlay said:

It would be a Red as the goalkeeper has not made a genuine attempt to get the ball.

Think someone cleared this up earlier. It wouldn’t have been a red. Plus that subjective to say he didn’t try to play the ball. 

LarrysRightFoot

The time it took to check the offside for County’s goal in the opening minutes tells me that not everything is checked as thoroughly as VAR expects us to believe. 

Well it obviously hasn’t been thoroughly checked as there’s absolutely no denying it’s a penalty. However, the VAR official is watching the footage on screen so a 2nd set of eyes is ‘checking’ everything.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Pretty sure there was 2 covering defenders behind the goalkeeper so he was not last man so would think  it would have only been a yellow

33 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s because there was no communication that it was due to the offside. Everyone in the stadium including commentators (for several minutes) weren’t aware that’s why the penalty wasn’t given. 

I think it was into the second half by the time the commentators were discussing that. They said they were confused why it hasn't been mentioned as they could hear the VAR officials in real time or something? Maybe misremembering what was said. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

Compare to Kyogo penalty at Tynecastle when VAR went on for an age. VAR guy could only have given it a quick glance and decided to move on.

As for that in our game. 

Clear as ****ing day a penalty. I don't think a red for the keeper mind on account of double jeopardy but why VAR wasn't instructing him to check it is beyond me. 

I lost the head a wee bit on the match thread over it 😅

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Think someone cleared this up earlier. It wouldn’t have been a red. Plus that subjective to say he didn’t try to play the ball. 

The ball is well past him. Forest has taken it round him well before he trips him.

He is making no attempt to win/play the ball and prevents a DOGSO(denying obvious goal scoring opportunity).

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

Pretty sure there was 2 covering defenders behind the goalkeeper so he was not last man so would think  it would have only been a yellow

The covering defenders were about 5 yards behind and he was at 6 yard line. No way were they getting back to cover.

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I think it was into the second half by the time the commentators were discussing that. They said they were confused why it hasn't been mentioned as they could hear the VAR officials in real time or something? Maybe misremembering what was said. 

I think you are right. It’s me misremembering the timing. They mentioned something along the lines of “that information would have been helpful at half time.”

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Just watched the game again and I thought both incidents were pens,   Forrests clearly not even up for debate but Natty got in front of the ball and then there was clear contact.   Not a VAR issue but also didn’t think their free kick was a foul and on Sportscene I still can’t see a foul by the Hoff,   Am I missing something here?   Where is the foul?    Lacklustre performance today but these incidents still cost us.  

Only that idiot Muir could imagine a foul which he seemed to do repeatedly when one of our players went anywhere close to a County player

the other way  round not so much 

But the GFA insist these are the best refs around and all coincidentally come from the same part of the world and nowhere else in Scotland is there anyone decent

Its all very believable don’t you know ?

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

The ball is well past him. Forest has taken it round him well before he trips him.

He is making no attempt to win/play the ball and prevents a DOGSO(denying obvious goal scoring opportunity).

I think he tried to play the ball with his foot personally. As I say it was cleared up earlier and wouldn’t have been a red. 

Regardless it was a stonewall pen. 

Malinga the Swinga

I would love to know what 2 apologies we have received from referees. Still, I look forward to hearing later in week that booking has been rescinded, which is all the validation we will require.

gorgie rd eh11
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

No way should that clown be near a Hearts game again 

He’s one of two things, useless or a cheat. Either option should mean he’s emptied. But this is Scottish football, he’ll prosper like brines, davis, McDonald, collum and the rest of them.

Kidd’s Boots
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Compare to Kyogo penalty at Tynecastle when VAR went on for an age. VAR guy could only have given it a quick glance and decided to move on.

Agreed, if he even gave it a second look. Muir strikes me as the kind of ref who doesn’t want his performance or decisions  questioned, and after the assault on Boyce at Motherwell when he had a 2nd look and thought it was still ok I doubt he would overturned his decision after looking at it again. He had completely lost the plot by the end of the game.

Agreed, if he even gave it a second look. Muir strikes me as the kind of ref who doesn’t want his performance or decisions  questioned, and after the assault on Boyce at Motherwell when he had a 2nd look and thought it was still ok I doubt he would overturned his decision after looking at it again. He had completely lost the plot by the end of the game.

It was Munro not Muir at Motherwell 

munro was on VAR today so no chance he gave it a second glance 

Kidd’s Boots
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Apologies, wrong M

Just now, Kidd’s Boots said:

Apologies, wrong M

No worries easy mistake to make they are both a couple of morons 👍

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

He can't have done. Check was over in a few seconds. BBC showed contact therefore the contact was visible to Munro and he simply chose to ignore it.

The rugby boys seem to operate a highly efficient VAR type facility. Why couldn't the freaks in the SFA just adapt it for footie use, or are they just displaying their tried and tested ignorance and stupidity. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Not VAR related but lets not overlook the clear as day foul 22 yards out on Cochrane at 2-2. He's bursting through and you'll never see a clearer foul. Its an easy decision. Just obvious.

Nope. Nothing. Instead they break on us.

2-2, freekick 22 yards out in the middle of the goal, with Kingsley on the park..

Its a massive moment in the match.

And Oda in injury time getting away from his man out on the touchline so clearly pulled back. Not as pivotal but again just an obvious decision. If theres no foul, oda is awatmy from him and could head into the box.

Agreed.   I saw the same. 

28 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

About time we call out refs with a clear vendetta against us, used to think brother Beaton had one but at Darkheid and the San Giro he was quite good!

It was Clancy at Celtic

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He can't have done. Check was over in a few seconds. BBC showed contact therefore the contact was visible to Munro and he simply chose to ignore it.

He does have previous tbf 😯

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, TWF said:

The rugby boys seem to operate a highly efficient VAR type facility. Why couldn't the freaks in the SFA just adapt it for footie use, or are they just displaying their tried and tested ignorance and stupidity. 

You answered your own question. They want to be unquestionable, unanswerable and untouchable. 

3 minutes ago, TWF said:

I think you correctly answered your own question 👍

In the end, everyone is talking about how bad the officials were, rather than the game.

That's all our officials want.

He will be marked down for finals after that feck up by our football authorities.

They answer to nobody.

This idiot should be removed from reffing anything.  I keep seeing the Boyce incident mentioned but the Shankland foul in that game was was even worse. Today he has made a massive james hunt of it again.  What will happen.  Absolutely nothing

• davemclaren changed the title to Var ( merged )