Var ( merged )

Ked

39 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Tom English has just ripped into the Ref and VAR for not awarding the penalty in the strongest of terms. I think vAr defended the ref there he had already given the yellow it was going to be a very humbling desicsion .

Thats not VARs job - and if that is his reasoning, then he should be barred from ever being the VAR again - for any game. 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malinga the Swinga

• merrymac

• Ked

• LarrysRightFoot

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Thats not VARs job - and if that is his reasoning, then he should be barred from ever being the VAR again - for any game. 

Vars job is to intervene on penalty kick matters if there’s been a clear and obvious error. If that’s not clear and obvious, then we should just scrap the VAR system entirely. The whole point of it is to solve these wrong decisions by the clown in black. 

I see Rangers are now demanding the audio from todays Old Firm is released.

Normally I’d roll my eyes but Hearts should be jumping on the same bandwagon now imo. Guaranteed normality will resume re Rangers penalties after this, we should be hauling these *******s over the coals

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

The VAR referee was the same wee tadger that thought Boyce getting studded in the chest wasn’t a pen at Motherwell. So it wouldn’t have really mattered if he looked at it. 

Remember they done a thing recently where they reviewed VAR decisions and claimed only 3 were incorrect (2 were in the same game I think) - I assume the Boyce incident wasn’t looked at again. 

1 minute ago, liam11 said:

Normally I’d roll my eyes but Hearts should be jumping on the same bandwagon now imo. Guaranteed normality will resume re Rangers penalties after this, we should be hauling these *******s over the coals

Don't know why their player was offside at the play of the ball, the offside came before the handball... correct VAR decsion ?

LarrysRightFoot

I genuinely wish they’d get rid of VAR it’s a waste if time and money and has causes more controversy than anything else. 

Today’s error with Forrest in the past would’ve been put down to human error but now with VAR it’s added another layer of error and that’s very hard to accept, especially with the technology involved . 

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Ked said:

It's not even Forest playacting.

And the County players crowding over him.

That decision changed the flow.

The club really need to call a meeting with referees .

How fekin many decisions .

Not likely 

Club is soft when it comes to these things.

ToadKiller Dog

Stonewaller denying it changed the game ,no way are we dropping points if we score and go up .

It didn't take the gfa whistler's long to find a way to corrupt the var system.

Toytown football nation.

23 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Time for Hearts to take a fine.

Rangers have made a statement complaining about them not getting a pen in the old firm game. We need to complain now about the Forrest decision, they can’t punish us without having to punish rangers as well, and they won’t do that.

On VAR the SFA need to use foreign or other UK refs rather that from the same group of refs. Clearly the inter relationships come into play currently whereby VAR refs don’t want to contradict their

pals

Shooter McGavin
10 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Yep, VAR audio should be made available upon request of the clubs. We need complete transparency, as right now there‘s hardly any consistency behind their decision making.

Of-course, that would utterly terrify the SPFL & SFA, who would rather clubs and fans just moved on as quickly as possible and don’t question anything ever.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Rangers have made a statement complaining about them not getting a pen in the old firm game. We need to complain now about the Forrest decision, they can’t punish us without having to punish rangers as well, and they won’t do that.

On VAR the SFA need to use foreign or other UK refs rather that from the same group of refs. Clearly the inter relationships come into play currently whereby VAR refs don’t want to contradict their

pals

You just know they would though

:facepalm:

47 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

When incompetent, biased officials get asked to check the failures of their incompetent, biased colleagues...sadly VAR, as implemmented by the SFA, is mere lip-service to progress, technology and fairness.

I remember seeing Derren Brown explain how he got folk to choose a certain card or envelope for his tricks. 

It basically boiled down to asking them enough times until they made the choice he wanted. 

Sort of feel this is how VAR works in Scotland. 

More proof yet agsin that it’s not VAR that’s the problem - it’s the complete numpties that operate it. A perfect storm today - a complete incompetent in the middle and clowns operating VAR.  Scottish Football Officials Clowns Are Us.

1 hour ago, RS86 said:

For me it was a penalty all day. Would like to see diff angles if there are any, but looks like his left foot git clipped.

Tom English on the radio thought it farcical that a penalty wasn’t given!

Not only was it a penalty but a red for the keeper!

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Did he forget the one we got on Wednesday night?

probably. But that’s not the real concern here is it. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Compare to penalty that Rangers awarded v Livingston. McCausland barely touched but ref immediately gave it and VAR refused to overrule.

This one, as on league cup semi, ref instantly gets card out and unlike the cup game, the dick on VAR refused to correct the pathetic decision.

100% guaranteed that would be a penalty for Celtic/Rangers.

Don’t fool yourself into thinking the Kingsley decision was getting overturned if it was 0-0. 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

He has a clear agenda against us. I hope someone at Hearts is making sure this is raised. 

Publically preferably. 

Im trying to not post because I was angry at Forest.

With var if he hadn't have dived I expect a pen.

I am raging for wee Forest now.

Cheated  in front of his own supporters and likely took abuse. 

And I don't absolve Muir.

How he can say one way or other at that pace is a guess.

So he can't give the pen but he can't book.

Var steps in.

But in this case the cheat/incompetent official who was ridiculed across the whole of the UK for not highlighting the kung-fu fekin kick at Boyce......

I honestly feel like doing a hobo and emailing the club.

Awww man my blood pressure .

Selkirkhmfc1874

Not seen replay yet but 1st viewing at game looked certain penalty and red for goalkeeper! After rounding him why would forrest go down ?

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Tom English on the radio thought it farcical that a penalty wasn’t given!

Not only was it a penalty but a red for the keeper!

Wouldn’t be a red would it? Thought there was a double jeopardy rule now? 

22 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I genuinely wish they’d get rid of VAR it’s a waste if time and money and has causes more controversy than anything else. 

Today’s error with Forrest in the past would’ve been put down to human error but now with VAR it’s added another layer of error and that’s very hard to accept, especially with the technology involved . 

No it's exposing as in today's case incompetence or cheating. 

I'm at a loss as to how anyone slowing the Forest incident down together with the karate kick.on Boyce is trusted with anything.

Either a complete idiot or cheat.

There's surely no !@#£ that stupid so I'm saying cheat.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Wouldn’t be a red would it? Thought there was a double jeopardy rule now? 

Not if keeper made no attempt to play ball. Red card could easily have been given.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not seen replay yet but 1st viewing at game looked certain penalty and red for goalkeeper! After rounding him why would forrest go down ?

Wait till you see it .

Take your blood pressure tablets.

Shooter McGavin

At a time when Rangers get about 10 penalties a month for as little as pinching their shirts, you’d think a goalkeeper swiping an opponents ankle and bringing him to the deck would probably be a penalty.

But this is Scottish fooball remember.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He wouldn't. It was a stonewall penalty. You can see it on earlier page but it will just make you even more pissed off 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Don’t fool yourself into thinking the Kingsley decision was getting overturned if it was 0-0. 

I'm not. If it was 0-0, yellow would have stood. VAR is at least highlighting the cheating that is going on in Scottish football.

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Forest wouldn't have gone to ground without there being contact. 

His touch was good and he was tapping that into the net.

The goalkeepers clipped the rear foot and taken his balance away.

Penalty.

100%

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

At a time when Rangers get about 10 penalties a month for as little as pinching their shirts, you’d think a goalkeeper swiping an opponents ankle and bringing him to the deck would probably be a penalty.

But this is Scottish fooball remember.

You can be certain that if it had been McCausland brought down, a penalty and Redcar would have been end result.

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

No it's exposing as in today's case incompetence or cheating. 

I'm at a loss as to how anyone slowing the Forest incident down together with the karate kick.on Boyce is trusted with anything.

Either a complete idiot or cheat.

There's surely no !@#£ that stupid so I'm saying cheat.

But it’s not exposing it though as their review of VAR decisions told us every thing was rosy. Only 3 wrong. It needs to scrapped ASAP. Put the money into training officials. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Agreed but I hate to say it but that is Scottish football right there protect the referee, it always has been and always will be.

Yip.  The GFA priority is to cover their backs rather than to get decisions right.

1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

Tom English has just ripped into the Ref and VAR for not awarding the penalty in the strongest of terms. I think vAr defended the ref there he had already given the yellow it was going to be a very humbling desicsion .

Yeah heard him on the radio on the way home after the match, christ even  Leanne Crichton said it was a penalty!

joondalupjambo

We were very close to the incident and how that was not a penalty is baffling to say the least.  For me VAR is thinking the ref is having a mare today and if we over rule him here then he could lose control of the game so back him.  The only way to overcome the refs poor decision, and take out a possible conspiracy is to make the audio available live with replays on the big screens in parallel.  No way this will happen though.  

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

We were very close to the incident and how that was not a penalty is baffling to say the least.  For me VAR is thinking the ref is having a mare today and if we over rule him here then he could lose control of the game so back him.  The only way to overcome the refs poor decision, and take out a possible conspiracy is to make the audio available live with replays on the big screens in parallel.  No way this will happen though.  

And we all know why!!

6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

But it’s not exposing it though as their review of VAR decisions told us every thing was rosy. Only 3 wrong. It needs to scrapped ASAP. Put the money into training officials. 

Dinnae.

I'm so pissed of about it I'm actually nipping ma ain heid.

Honestly not felt so annoyed since that cheat Davis .

Feel fekin shan for Forest as I can't deny I was raging about him diving when he was through.If he gets booked yer at the game ye just assume.

But hey we only finance and support Scottish football and are the daft !@#£% that put up with this shite.

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh

53 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No he wouldn't have.

Open to interpretation. Double jeopardy only applies where there is a clear attempt to win the ball. the keeper deliberately clips Forrest after he and the ball is past him with no chance of getting the ball IMO. 

Not VAR related but lets not overlook the clear as day foul 22 yards out on Cochrane at 2-2. He's bursting through and you'll never see a clearer foul. Its an easy decision. Just obvious.

Nope. Nothing. Instead they break on us.

2-2, freekick 22 yards out in the middle of the goal, with Kingsley on the park..

Its a massive moment in the match.

And Oda in injury time getting away from his man out on the touchline so clearly pulled back. Not as pivotal but again just an obvious decision. If theres no foul, oda is awatmy from him and could head into the box.

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, flem said:

Open to interpretation. Double jeopardy only applies where there is a clear attempt to win the ball. the keeper deliberately clips Forrest after he and the ball is past him with no chance of getting the ball IMO. 

There was a clarification issued at the start of the season which gave the defending side a bit more leeway on DOGSO when a penalty is awarded, otherwise Rowles might have seen red after his handball on Wednesday.

Law 12. Fouls and Misconduct

• Clarification that if the referee awards a penalty kick for an offence which involved a defending team player challenging an opponent for the ball (excluding holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.), the same sanction should be issued to the player as for an attempt to play the ball, i.e. if the offence stops or interferes with a promising attack – no caution (no yellow card); DOGSO offence – caution (yellow card)

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Yip.  The GFA priority is to cover their backs rather than to get decisions right.

Then it's up to the club to question the validity of competence 

I feel the hobo in me bursting to email the club .

FoH

My msp 

Mp 

And the house of fekin Lords.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Then it's up to the club to question the validity of competence 

I feel the hobo in me bursting to email the club .

FoH

My msp 

Mp 

And the house of fekin Lords.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I'm not as convinced the club is as reticent as folk think. We realised a while ago that conducting your business in the media might work for the bigots but it won't do us any favours. 

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm not as convinced the club is as reticent as folk think. We realised a while ago that conducting your business in the media might work for the bigots but it won't do us any favours. 

Mate.

Today and other incidents .

Club needs to speak up.

Because keeping our mouth shut makes no odds.

Kick up fek  .

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Mate.

Today and other incidents .

Club needs to speak up.

Because keeping our mouth shut makes no odds.

Kick up fek  .

I listened to AB at a function not long after she took over and she said that VR's comments in the media were counterproductive but reassured the audience that while it won't be reported in the media any punch thrown at us would be 'returned with interest'. 

I suppose in those days it was CL who would be swinging mind. 

If you haven’t seen it watch Sportscene 

Its not even debatable if there was contact

One of the angles on Hearts TV showed it clearly

Rangers or Celtic are getting that penalty. Ref gives it before VAR confirms it. If ref doesn’t they’re checking for a good couple of minutes.

Farce

Edited by Jamhammer

brunoatemyhamster

Club should be asking for the audio. 

Can't get a disrepute charge without handing Sevco the same. 

Nonsense decision 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

pals

This. Newco make a statement, we pile on in the same week. Hearts need to grow a pair. They’ve already cheated us.  What more can they do to us regarding today’s incident. We need to call them out. It’s just silly now. 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I listened to AB at a function not long after she took over and she said that VR's comments in the media were counterproductive but reassured the audience that while it won't be reported in the media any punch thrown at us would be 'returned with interest'. 

I suppose in those days it was CL who would be swinging mind. 

Bud I don't criticise her as such but we have people surely that can have a word about that !@#£ Munro and get him to fek.

And if we haven't we need to get some!@#£.

BTW  Upside doon smithee I don't care about my uncouth shit the night

Central Belt 1874

How are the SFA going to spin this? It's crystal clear on viewing TV that this should have been a penalty. 

Outrageous decision.  

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

pals

Why are Rangers even complaining about it?  It was offside!  Or was there another one in the 2nd half?

• davemclaren changed the title to Var ( merged )