***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Go for it 1308
9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Message should be simple. This is Ross County, they are a small team but play above their stature. At the same time, a Hearts second XI in terms of salary almost certainly make more than their first XI, and you are playing them at home. Show them the respect they are due by putting them to the sword early and ruthlessly. 3-0 by halftime is the goal.

You are playing because we need to rotate the squad, but should you play well, this is a fantastic time to earn playing time. However, do not forget that we are beginning to negotiate January loans. Should you be caught playing lazy and not showing them respect, we can very likely arrange for you to spend several months in Dingwall to come to a greater appreciation for the dedication to football that this small highland town has developed.

Screenshot_20231230_012551_Google.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

Vargas and Tagawa based on what exactly? 

Neither has performed to a level anywhere near good enough. 

I would rather see promotions from the B team of young hungry lads who want to play for us and already showing talent. 

Again, squad rotation and a chance to prove something in what should be a continuous siege of the County goal

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

No, Naismith said it was tactical switching from five to four at the back 

I know Naismith said that, but Jimmy on the commentary did make a point of highlighting that Denholm looked like he picked up a knock/ was struggling - I think it was around the 10 minute mark? - He faded after that and struggled to get involved again for most of the 1st half. Looked like it was on of those push through and get to half time, but goosed as far as being able to give his all. 

Could well have been a tactical change, but Denholm did look like he was struggling. 

40 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Again, squad rotation and a chance to prove something in what should be a continuous siege of the County goal

🤣😆

On 28/12/2023 at 17:09, GinRummy said:

We need to try and protect players coming back from long term injuries. Livi on Tuesday so I expect the likes of Natty, Halkett and McKay will be used sparingly. 

I'd think they're more likely to play on our bowling green of a surface, then be left on the bench when we play on Livi's giant sheet of weed-suppressant plastic!

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I know Naismith said that, but Jimmy on the commentary did make a point of highlighting that Denholm looked like he picked up a knock/ was struggling - I think it was around the 10 minute mark? - He faded after that and struggled to get involved again for most of the 1st half. Looked like it was on of those push through and get to half time, but goosed as far as being able to give his all. 

Could well have been a tactical change, but Denholm did look like he was struggling. 

Said at the time he was deliberately targeted by Hibs hence the hit on him being so early in the game. 

Edited by joondalupjambo

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

football doesn’t work like that you do know ?   

Confidence is high, and the players will want to continue their good form.

I'd love it to be a comfortable scoreline today, and with a silky performance, just to ram it down that prick Adams' throat.

Make it happen, lads.

4-0

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

A wins a win but would hope for at least 2.

Sorry, that's just too greedy.

Only one win per match, them's the rules

Just setting off now to beat the Ross County coach down the A9

6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Sorry, that's just too greedy.

Only one win per match, them's the rules

Just setting off now to beat the Ross County coach down the A9

Safe journey Scott 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Said at the time he was deliberately targeted by Hibs hence the hit on him being so early in the game. 

Apart from hoofball to the diving wig, their other main tactic is to take out a key opposition player as early as possible 

This is a big game in our drive to finish 3rd. Hopefully the players are properly up for it and not hungover from celebrating the derby and thinking they just need to turn up.

Be interesting to see how the county players react to that creepy wee managers comments. Could do what Aberdeen players did to Goodwin or come out all guns blazing. 

alicante jambo

Good luck to the lads today massive 3 points. Hopefully i get into edinburgh on time to get 2nd half on radio. This is a huge game for us would round off a brilliant few weeks.

I hate it when kickback fans get cocky and over-confident. It usually ends with us battling for a goal in the last ten minutes to salvage a draw.

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to be winning this. We have a great record against County in recent times. The last time they beat us home or away was 2017 😨

Check out the team from that game, oh my word. What a horrific team that was 😭 

Screenshot_20231229_234858_Flashscore.jpg

Eek!! Only Djoum woukd get in our current team. Or bench!

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I hate it when kickback fans get cocky and over-confident. It usually ends with us battling for a goal in the last ten minutes to salvage a draw.

Professional patient approach today should ensure 3 points staying at Tynecastle. Max points from next two games would be an incredible achievement given what the team have produced in the last month. 

Diadora Van Basten

Gordon

Kent. Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane

Lowry

Shankland. Tagawa

Think this would be a good game to give Gordon a run out to see where his fitness is.

Kingsley has been carrying an injury so best not to play him too often.

Kent, Rowles, Atkinson, Cochrane and Beni all in good form.

Prefer energy of Denholm to Niewinhof.

Apart from Shankland we haven’t looked that good going forward so think we should shake it up a bit and freshen it up.

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Professional patient approach today should ensure 3 points staying at Tynecastle. Max points from next two games would be an incredible achievement given what the team have produced in the last month. 

if we win today and Tuesday that would be an amazing run indeed.   We deserve a break given what we’ve endured injury wise the last 4 seasons. 

Keep the momentum going and get a win. Clean sheet would be a fantastic result too. 

Weather is looking pretty nasty up North. Staggies probably came down last night but the fans less likely. Might be an issue with the weather yet. 

9 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to be winning this. We have a great record against County in recent times. The last time they beat us home or away was 2017 😨

Check out the team from that game, oh my word. What a horrific team that was 😭 

Screenshot_20231229_234858_Flashscore.jpg

This was a depressing time to be a Hearts fan. 

Who was 16? El Hass?

I hope we go for it today. A great opportunity to open things up in the league and put some clear air between us and the others over the next two games. Absolutely no room for complacency today. 3 - 0 to us.

AlphonseCapone
32 minutes ago, edramone said:

This is a big game in our drive to finish 3rd. Hopefully the players are properly up for it and not hungover from celebrating the derby and thinking they just need to turn up.

Completely unnecessary concern. They might have their off days but I'd never question their professionalism.

Seems we have shifted a good few on the T.E so should be packed. 

Another 6 would do nicely to finish the year off in style Hearts.

But i'll go for 4.

Shankland

McKay

Shankland (pen)

Cochrane

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Keep the momentum going and get a win. Clean sheet would be a fantastic result too. 

Weather is looking pretty nasty up North. Staggies probably came down last night but the fans less likely. Might be an issue with the weather yet. 

This was my concern - not hearing any concerns as yet - anyone else?

23 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This was a depressing time to be a Hearts fan. 

Who was 16? El Hass?

Think it was the winger from Stoke who was push.

Think El Hass was away by then.

Djoum, Nicholson and big Johnsen would get in this squad I think

3-0 we should be buzzing and full of confidence. Zander to continue is great form and show why he should be picked ahead of Craig. And the HT entertainment should be the Shanks goal against the vermin on big screens followed by him signing a new 5 year deal in front of a full home support. 

6 minutes ago, RoiK said:

Choulay

5 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Think it was the winger from Stoke who was push.

Think El Hass was away by then.

Djoum, Nicholson and big Johnsen would get in this squad I think

Forgot all about him. Barcelona youth apparently. Did absolutely nothing in his footballing career. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

This was my concern - not hearing any concerns as yet - anyone else?

Nothing as of yet. I know there is heavy snow forecast along the A9 corridor late in the afternoon meaning it might be a bit difficult for any fans heading back North. 

Jack Torrance
32 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Gordon

Kent. Halkett Rowles

Lowry

Shankland. Tagawa

Think this would be a good game to give Gordon a run out to see where his fitness is.

Apart from Shankland we haven’t looked that good going forward so think we should shake it up a bit and freshen it up.

I get the sentiment but I think it would be massively disrespectful to Zander. He should keep his place unless he's injured.  Time for change would be next season after a discussion. Perhaps some sort of rotation agreed?

Hopefully Aidan fits with the tactics planned for today, but I'd have no qualms with Calem or Barrie. 

The others you've listed feel nailed-on except Tagawa and Lowry, but I'm keen to see them, and Oda, more this season.

Feels to me that today needs to be about the performance as well as a win. Same with the Livi game.

3-0 to The Hearts

:robbo:

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

if we win today and Tuesday that would be an amazing run indeed.   We deserve a break given what we’ve endured injury wise the last 4 seasons. 

Absolutely. Taking nothing for granted but the next two games gives us a massive opportunity to get max points. 

I think we might see Gordon for half an hour today if we get comfortable. If nothing else he deserves a bit of a welcome back cameo.

Id like to see a bit more of Tait as well but again, we need to get the job done first.

Lord Montpelier

Early start in hospitality

Fife train is rammed. Mix of shoppers , egg chasers, football, post Xmas holiday traffic

Give yourself some time if travelling. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we might see Gordon for half an hour today if we get comfortable. If nothing else he deserves a bit of a welcome back cameo.

Id like to see a bit more of Tait as well but again, we need to get the job done first.

Zander playing to well atm. CG is a professional and knows its going to take a lot to get back between the sticks especially after Wednesday. Agree with you on seeing more of Tait. 

1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Gordon

Kent. Halkett Rowles

Lowry

Shankland. Tagawa

Dropping Zander would be a fecking disgrace.