• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He had another good game today. The laddie could be the safest hands in soccer and you'd still down him.  

If you had bothered to read the last page you would see that i had praised him on coming out for balls at the edge of his box, he was still at fault for the goal today. Even the manager said it was a poor goal to lose, one CG wouldn’t have lost. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, RoiK said:

I really don’t know what our scouts saw in Tagawa at all, let alone pay money for him and offer a long contract.

Clearly somebody was mesmerised by the fact that he played in the Português Série A (for relegated Santa Clara) and scored some (7) goals, ignoring the fact that outside of Sporting, Benfica, Porto & Braga, the standard ain’t very good.

Oda got 45 minutes today too, as a supposed impact sub, but went missing for most of that time (one cross excepted when, usually for him, he managed to find himself in some space). He is continuing to regress, game by game. 

Did they see him at all? thats probably the question.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Tagawa.

Oda

Lowry

Denholm

Atkinson

Hoff.

Landfill players.

😀

Harsh on Denholm though and I'd keep Oda.

Sunday school football. 
We have too many imposters in our squad. The difference in the squad today from the Hobo / Smelltic games is easy to spot. We can clearly see who needs to go or replaced and who needs to stay. 

Disappointing result today, obviously.

On the bright side, if the Good Lord had said to me that we’d beat Celtic/St Mirren/Hibs but might stumble against County, I think I’d have said  “Yes, please”.

We’re just not good enough at the moment to deliver title-winning levels of consistency . Sad, but true.

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

We should be seriously looking to sign Dhanda. Quality.

He is out of contract at the end of the season guys he looked good today.

i wish jj was my dad
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you had bothered to read the last page you would see that i had praised him on coming out for balls at the edge of his box, he was still at fault for the goal today. Even the manager said it was a poor goal to lose, one CG wouldn’t have lost. 

Watching it tonight, I'm not blaming him for either goals. 

I'm never going to compare Zander with him, which is why I think he is getting a raw deal btw, but I don't see many keepers saving that free kick. 

Just wondering why teams insist on playing it from the back when few have the calibre of players able to execute it. Just from today's highlights, Livi, Celtic to some extent and then Halkett for us.

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Watching it tonight, I'm not blaming him for either goals. 

I'm never going to compare Zander with him, which is why I think he is getting a raw deal btw, but I don't see many keepers saving that free kick. 

I don't think any keeper saves it. If it was Kingsley, we would have been raving about it. While Gordon is/was a better keeper, I really think blaming Clark for either of goals would be ridiculously harsh.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't think any keeper saves it. If it was Kingsley, we would have been raving about it. While Gordon is/was a better keeper, I really think blaming Clark for either of goals would be ridiculously harsh.

I'm certainly not blaming Clark. He's taking stick for not being Craig Gordon but I think we've been lucky to have him as our defensive record surely must testify? 

26 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Disappointing result today, obviously.

On the bright side, if the Good Lord had said to me that we’d beat Celtic/St Mirren/Hibs but might stumble against County, I think I’d have said  “Yes, please”.

We’re just not good enough at the moment to deliver title-winning levels of consistency . Sad, but true.

Can't disagree with that.   I would say the same thing.   We were still done out of three points though 😉 the super subs deserved the reward for the impact they made. 

By The Light..

Ross County were one of the best teams away sides I've seen at Tynecastle this season.

Add to that they've had their last two games off so well rested and totally up for it.

They could've been 2 nil up in the 1st half.

I expected them to park the bus but the 1st couple minutes should've been a wake up call.

They were hitting us on the break and picking up 2nd balls everywhere

A Halkett pass out the box cost us the 2nd goal

Vargas, Kingsley and Forrest changed the game in our favour.

Not the end of the world but when I saw the starting team yesterday, I could see that it was going to be difficult and probably wasn't going to go the way we expected. 

Extremely disappointed in Tagawa and Lowry. Our fringe players don't seem to be able to do enough when they get their chance so rotating the squad weakens us badly.

The penalty decision and booking Forrest is just mind blowing. 

Not the worst point ever I guess.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We should definitely appeal the yellow card shown to Forrest, just to highlight yet another mistake. 

Nobody cares apart from us and the club seem disinterested in highlighting the weekly refereeing outrages. The press won't back us because we're not an Old Firm club.

The club seem to be willing to suffer in silence and hope it passes.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Nobody cares apart from us and the club seem disinterested in highlighting the weekly refereeing outrages. The press won't back us because we're not an Old Firm club.

The club seem to be willing to suffer in silence and hope it passes.

Thats why McKinlay was hired, to smooth the waters with his old pals 🤦🏽

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

Ross County were one of the best teams away sides I've seen at Tynecastle this season.

Add to that they've had their last two games off so well rested and totally up for it.

They could've been 2 nil up in the 1st half.

I expected them to park the bus but the 1st couple minutes should've been a wake up call.

They were hitting us on the break and picking up 2nd balls everywhere

A Halkett pass out the box cost us the 2nd goal

Vargas, Kingsley and Forrest changed the game in our favour.

They were one of the best teams we’ve played here this season. 

Laughable stuff on here.

Best defense in the league an Naisy intoduced an unfit player to intersect the best partnership we've had since. . . . . Oh aye, naebody.

Naismith 2 Hearts 2.

Did he think an Adams team would come out and park the bus. Really???

Naismith = work in progress.... Today, massive fail.

7 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Tagawa.

Oda

Lowry

Denholm

Atkinson

Hoff.

Landfill players.

Tagawa - what's the point of starting him and chucking him after 45 minutes???? Worse players in that first half and stayed on, made runs and was ignored

Oda - dont have a strong opinion from today

Lowry - always trying to play killer pass, too green, would have patience if he was hearts youth

Denholm - young player

Atkinson- rate him, poor game today. Lots of clowns made their mind up on him after 5 games and want him to fail so they can be correct, hear this every week at games (you hear nothing when he does well, boiling hatred when he makes a mistake)

Hoff - see above. First season in Scotland for him.

6 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Just wondering why teams insist on playing it from the back when few have the calibre of players able to execute it. Just from today's highlights, Livi, Celtic to some extent and then Halkett for us.

They are trying to draw the opposition towards them to create space so we can eventually get the ball back to Zander for the usual hopeless thump into space in their half which lands miles from any of our players! Thought everyone knew that!

12 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Took my nephew today for his first Hearts game and my mate from London brought his son for his first ever Hearts game too.
As it turned out they had a great time and we gained two more recruits to the Jambo army.

As far as they’re concerned they saw a great come back.

context eh 🍻

Yep - recruitment isn’t just about players! 😊

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Section Q said:

Irritating or what......!

The hun prick did the same on sportscene. 

14 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Bongo, you know I like you and respect you as a poster.

But, today, after 3 fantastic wins on the bounce, that was shite.

Appreciate that mate,if it was up to me,I would get rid of Forrest,McAvoy, Savage.

McAvoy very vocal yesterday behind Naismith.

It's weird Naismith has went away from his 4231 last season,he did say during an interview at Easter Road that was to compensate for Natty being out.

But it was clear to me yesterday we looked far better,when we changed to a back four.

Ex member of the SaS

Ok first chance to post. 

Rookie mistakes from a rookie manager and his excuse that they were tiered is utter bollox. 

Wrong to rotate players and claiming they are tiered after coming off beating Celtic and Hibs the players should have been on a high.

Wrong players picked with the wrong tactics.

Too soft with the players and gives them an easy ride when not performing

PLAYERS

Any player claiming they are tiered need dumped, they are professional athletes and should be able to play two three or even four games a week.

Players of the " quality" we have should be able to pass to a team mate and not panic when on the ball.

Players of our "Quality" should be able to hit the target, Tagawa has to be the worst striker we have ever had. 

Keeper

Pulled off some great saves but was culpable for both goals. Diving at the own goal before the ball get even close! Placing at the free kick was too far to his right as it was obvious the ball was going top left ( it was the only realistic placing.

Was willing to give SN some leeway after two great results but performances in Hibs game and Ross co are way below what a team of our stature should be producing.

13 hours ago, Section Q said:

Irritating or what......!

Irritating indeed.

Reminds me of the numerous times the Speaker had to remind Johnson that he was there to answer questions, not ask them. PMQs: the clue is in the title, BoJo.

I noticed that nice Monsieur Clement adopted the same tactic…

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Not the end of the world but when I saw the starting team yesterday, I could see that it was going to be difficult and probably wasn't going to go the way we expected. 

Extremely disappointed in Tagawa and Lowry. Our fringe players don't seem to be able to do enough when they get their chance so rotating the squad weakens us badly.

The penalty decision and booking Forrest is just mind blowing. 

Not the worst point ever I guess.

It shows to me how important a playerBeni is to us.

No coincidence that we struggled in the middle without him.

If we can't get him to sign a new deal then we really need to be finding a replacement.

As I have said before on here there are a number of decent players in Scotland that we could sign and one of them scored  abrilliant goal against us yesterday.

alicante jambo

Never seen the game but most like me expected a win so a draw was a kick in the balls but not the end of the world. Maybe a wee wake up call. Win against livvi and its been a brilliant past few weeks.

38 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Screenshot_20231231_112436_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.25fed4810f2c6057a7ca5b32633d03e0.jpg

Yep “murdered “ apparently. Yet we had more possession and more shots on goal and on target . 

Ross county were lucky we had an off day

Edited by GBJambo

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It shows to me how important a playerBeni is to us.

No coincidence that we struggled in the middle without him.

If we can't get him to sign a new deal then we really need to be finding a replacement.

As I have said before on here there are a number of decent players in Scotland that we could sign and one of them scored  abrilliant goal against us yesterday.

Agree with all that.  Our entire midfield was missing.  But my main concern is how off the pace and unsure Halkett was.  He seemed to be back to almost his best against St Mirren and was rested against Hibs, so should have been up for it.

What is wrong with Derek Adam’s? He slagged off everything about top flight Scottish football because his side lost to an injury time goal and now he’s got a massive chip on his shoulder. How does that work in his big mad mincey head. 

On 30/12/2023 at 21:45, Pasquale for King said:

We should definitely appeal the yellow card shown to Forrest, just to highlight yet another mistake. 

My understanding is that we can't appeal yellow cards (please correct me if I'm wrong). We should be asking why the decision wasn't over turned by VAR and asking for the VAR audio to be made public. The Reddit Scottish Football forum has fans of all clubs, aside from a sarcastic Ross County fan, saying it was a stonewall penalty so it obviously isn't us being biased.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

Watt-Zeefuik

Finally got a chance to watch the full replay. Have to say, I've wondered how a 4-2-2-2 could work in Scottish football. Despite the frustration of the game it was fun to see how it was implemented. Credit at least to Adams for trying it.

Forrest and Vargas changed the game when they came on. And thank **** they did.

Can't add much more than what's been said about the ref but that was easily one of the worst joint ref/VAR performances I've seen in ages. Absolutely abysmal.

Edited by Led Tasso