• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

Just now, frankblack said:

Wonder if they will make it down the road for Saturday this time?

We should offer to fly them down and let them test out the new hotel rooms. Would be good to keep this momentum going.

Rugby on I’m sure at muddyfield, so trains etc will be rammed.

i think we will see Halkett and Lowry start for this one.

3-0 hearts with shanks hat trick.

the amazing run to continue and some nice tears and snorters from that bitter fud Adams

For a 3.00 KO surely they will come down on Friday and stay overnight.If not they are being very unprofessional.If the fans can't make it it is just unfortunate.Plenty of four fans in the same boat re travel.

10 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I notice the ticket exchange is open if anyone is looking to purchase (or shift) tickets.

Got three extra tickets for family and friends through ticket exchange yesterday. Easy as. 

Lunch booked on Dalry Road.

Looking forward to it 🍻

Nothing each bore draw on the cards 😀

Think my team would be

Zander

Kent Halkett Rowles

Sibbick Beni Lowry Cochrane

Oda Shankland McKay

Think we're probably going to get a lot of the ball, and I think between Lowry and McKay we should have enough creativity. Would like to see Sibbick given a run at RWB as Atkinson will be missing, and Toby has done well when played on the right before. He's quick, good ball control and IMO links well with those ahead of him. 

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

the amazing run to continue and some nice tears and snorters from that bitter fud Adams

Expect changes. After game interview with Sky, Naismith mentioned its challenging playing what is 4 games in 10 days and that Ross County like Hibs were rested with the postponements. Still think players prefer this though. 

Think we’ll see a lot of changes with the quick turn around and the Livi game

Clark

Halkett Kent Rowles

Sibbick                         Kingsley

Hoff    Lowry

Oda                              Vargas

Shankland

We don't need to but I think we should be  sacrificing a defender for these types of games IMO. Opting for the 2 big fizzcul defenders for Jordan White. 

Clark

Sibbick

Halkett

Kent

Cochrane

Baningime

Denholm

McKay

Lowry

Vargas

Shankland

28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If he didn’t play Lowry last night he surely won’t start him on Sat.  McKay needs game time.  Can’t drop Kingsley after last night. I’d expect Halkett to be bench for next two and then back three of Halkett, Kent and Kingsley when Rowles is away 

23 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think my team would be

Zander

Kent Halkett Rowles

Sibbick Beni Lowry Cochrane

Oda Shankland McKay

Think we're probably going to get a lot of the ball, and I think between Lowry and McKay we should have enough creativity. Would like to see Sibbick given a run at RWB as Atkinson will be missing, and Toby has done well when played on the right before. He's quick, good ball control and IMO links well with those ahead of him. 

Why is Atkinson missing?  Think he will play Sat and Tues then disappear for a month. Will have new competition for rb when he returns. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If he didn’t play Lowry last night he surely won’t start him on Sat.  McKay needs game time.  Can’t drop Kingsley after last night. I’d expect Halkett to be bench for next two and then back three of Halkett, Kent and Kingsley when Rowles is away 

I'd say Naismith thinks Hibs away is too intense for Lowry. Will make changes on Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why is Atkinson missing?  Think he will play Sat and Tues then disappear for a month. Will have new competition for rb when he returns. 

Just my preference - I prefer watching Toby at RWB - he was doing excellent there against Hibs until he got moved into CB. Think a bit like Sean Clare, he's just better there. 

48 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

For a 3.00 KO surely they will come down on Friday and stay overnight.If not they are being very unprofessional.If the fans can't make it it is just unfortunate.Plenty of four fans in the same boat re travel.

Agree.  Who knows, though.

I wonder if their players actually stay up there or around the central belt?  They probably don't pay enough to relocate families.

Edited by frankblack

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Shankland has played every game recently - surely we should rest him.

Only joking.......

🥸

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Just my preference - I prefer watching Toby at RWB - he was doing excellent there against Hibs until he got moved into CB. Think a bit like Sean Clare, he's just better there. 

Atkinson is clearly the managers current first pick. Unless he is goosed after last night can’t see him being dropped as his form of late is the best it’s been since he joined us. 

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Shankland has played every game recently - surely we should rest him.

Only joking.......

He gets a rest next Wednesday. 

29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'd say Naismith thinks Hibs away is too intense for Lowry. Will make changes on Saturday. 

He played against Hibs ant home and he was excellent for 60 mins. Don’t think Naismith rates him and wouldn’t be surprised if his loan ends next month. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Atkinson is clearly the managers current first pick. Unless he is goosed after last night can’t see him being dropped as his form of late is the best it’s been since he joined us. 

Its why I said it would be the team I'd have liked to see put out - not an actual prediction. 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

A pain in the ass, usual parking spot sold out and the rest double the price, egg chasing pr***s

tartofmidlothian
14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He played against Hibs ant home and he was excellent for 60 mins. Don’t think Naismith rates him and wouldn’t be surprised if his loan ends next month. 

Maybe Naismith doesn't want to put Denholm and Lowry on the pitch together, that's a lot of inexperienced talent in the middle of a game.

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Maybe Naismith doesn't want to put Denholm and Lowry on the pitch together, that's a lot of inexperienced talent in the middle of a game.

Maybe.  Might depend on whether Denholm was injured or just plain hooked last night. He certainly had a very poor 45 mins so hopefully that was injury induced. 

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its why I said it would be the team I'd have liked to see put out - not an actual prediction. 

No, you said Atkinson will be missing but never mind. 

I'd go,

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Atkinson      Beni       Cochrane

Yoda         Denholm        McKay 

Shankland 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd go,

Clark 

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Atkinson      Beni       Cochrane

Yoda         Denholm        McKay 

Shankland 

👍 like that 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, you said Atkinson will be missing but never mind. 

Maybe my post wasn't specific enough, was referring to Atkinsons impending international asian cup stuff, so would make sense to give Toby a run against opposition we should be beating at home, and seeing how he does. If he's making a riproaring ***** out of it, then can still bring Atkinson on and know Toby isn't a viable option there. 

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

I notice the ticket exchange is open if anyone is looking to purchase (or shift) tickets.

Got my two in section J away last night, just after the final whistle! Family event unfortunately but I'll have the earpiece in......

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Think we’ll see a lot of changes with the quick turn around and the Livi game

Clark

Halkett Kent Rowles

Sibbick                         Kingsley

Hoff    Lowry

Oda                              Vargas

Shankland

Hoff, after last night?

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

Maybe my post wasn't specific enough, was referring to Atkinsons impending international asian cup stuff, so would make sense to give Toby a run against opposition we should be beating at home, and seeing how he does. If he's making a riproaring ***** out of it, then can still bring Atkinson on and know Toby isn't a viable option there. 

We need to try and protect players coming back from long term injuries. Livi on Tuesday so I expect the likes of Natty, Halkett and McKay will be used sparingly. 

59 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hoff, after last night?

He put in alot of runing covering the channels both left and right. He didn't appear to do much with the ball but he put a big shift in work rate wise.  Would like to see him do alot more with the ball as not seen too much to say hes a ball player.

Just now, Philfigo said:

He put in alot of runing covering the channels both left and right. He didn't appear to do much with the ball but he put a big shift in work rate wise.  Would like to see him do alot more with the ball as not seen too much to say hes a ball player.

Hoff was everywhere last night covering and making tackles.  If people were concerned about him losing possession, everyone was doing that partly due to the way we were set up. Very few options for passes were available.

Any word on when Devlin will be fit and available? 

Hard to predict the team as Naismith clearly plans to rotate and probably change shape as well. He likes Cochrane in midfield too so there are lots of options.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Zander

Kent Halkett Rowles

Oda Beni Denholm Cochrane

Vargas Shankland McKay

Oda at RWB? Sweet baby Jesus 😁