***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe.  Might depend on whether Denholm was injured or just plain hooked last night. He certainly had a very poor 45 mins so hopefully that was injury induced. 

Have you seen his Dancing with Zander movie? At full time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Vital we get the 3pts here to continue the momentum we building and I'm very confident we will 3-0 hmfc 

Difficult game to come to after away derby win. Should have enough.

3 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

Still scarred by C section.

I’m still scarred by Section B. On the front of my shin where I got cut by the seat in front leaping around celebrating Bednar scoring against Rangers. 

There were definitely some tired legs at Easter Road that let Hibs into the game more in the second half last night.

Some important squad decisions to be made for Saturday then, since we've had three tough games in the last 12 days but Ross Co. haven't played at all since losing 1-0 at Dundee on December 16th.  

Coaching staff have to get this right.

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

There were definitely some tired legs at Easter Road that let Hibs into the game more in the second half last night.

Some important squad decisions to be made for Saturday then, since we've had three tough games in the last 12 days but Ross Co. haven't played at all since losing 1-0 at Dundee on December 16th.  

Coaching staff have to get this right.

Natty looked goosed ,late on. Problem is he may have to at least start to get us going. Toby may come in/on if Natty struggling.

Can see Halkett returning and Kingsley dropping, but he may decide to play Kingsley and Cochrane. Wouldnt be first time.

Midfield might see Lowry for Denholm and its probably Odas turn again on right if he rests Forrest.

Can see Mackay starting and Clark going strong.

I do think there are a couple of the squad probably feeling Jan window approaching quickly.

Livis pitch  and who needs to play Tue may influence Sat team selection tho. 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Oda at RWB? Sweet baby Jesus 😁

Played him there before. Same as Forrest. Ross county will be sitting in deep.  Will allow us bit more attacking threat. 

pettigrewsstylist

Have you seen his Dancing with Zander movie? At full 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Played him there before. Same as Forrest. Ross county will be sitting in deep.  Will allow us bit more attacking threat. 

I recall it. Did we not bin it after 45 mins? From memory only so may have that wrong.

From SN soundbytes we have spent several weeks at Oriam developing AF at RWB.

bringonthesevco

Difficult game to come to after away derby win. Should have enough.

We should never be describing Ross County at home as a difficult game - they are a dreadful dreadful team.

if you put our 2 squads together you wouldn’t pick any of their players in the first XI and I’d be pretty surprised if any of theirs made it onto the bench.

This SHOULD BE a banker comfortable home win ….

Have you seen his Dancing with Zander movie? At full time.

Yes, maybe he was feeling off colour at ht.   He is the next big thing after all, or so some have said. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

We should never be describing Ross County at home as a difficult game - they are a dreadful dreadful team.

if you put our 2 squads together you wouldn’t pick any of their players in the first XI and I’d be pretty surprised if any of theirs made it onto the bench.

This SHOULD BE a banker comfortable home win ….

My post suggests its about our adrenalin levels and very little to do with Ross Countys abilities. 

They will get a good reception on walking out after putting the tramps to bed so hope that lifts them. 

16 hours ago, OTT said:

Maybe my post wasn't specific enough, was referring to Atkinsons impending international asian cup stuff, so would make sense to give Toby a run against opposition we should be beating at home, and seeing how he does. If he's making a riproaring ***** out of it, then can still bring Atkinson on and know Toby isn't a viable option there. 

Atkinson and Rowles are certain starters on Sat  I’d think as they won’t be at Livi on Tuesday.  Likely both will be missed, unless we are signing a rb in next couple of days, so I don’t think Naismith will lengthen their absence by not playing them on Saturday. Hopefully a rb is already lined up to come in and play on Tuesday. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 more big efforts from the players and then they can go get some well deserved rest and recharge the batteries for the 2nd half of the season 

13 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I recall it. Did we not bin it after 45 mins? From memory only so may have that wrong.

From SN soundbytes we have spent several weeks at Oriam developing AF at RWB.

You mean AD? 

Another run of four victories in a row would be delightful

A bit annoying that Kilmarnock have been matching our results recently when we have managed to pull away a bit from Hibs , Aberdeen and St Mirren . We need to keep our run going longer than them and we will make a bit of breathing space for ourselves 

As daft as it sounds, we have to be more up for this than the Hibs game. Why?

Looking at the table we can all think it's a walk in the park. When we as a club think like that, we tend to fall flat on our faces and lose.

So right at them from the start, and let's not let the all the good work from the last Three games go to waste.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Atkinson and Rowles are certain starters on Sat  I’d think as they won’t be at Livi on Tuesday.  Likely both will be missed, unless we are signing a rb in next couple of days, so I don’t think Naismith will lengthen their absence by not playing them on Saturday. Hopefully a rb is already lined up to come in and play on Tuesday. 

That would be impressive.

19 hours ago, OTT said:

Think my team would be

Zander

Kent Halkett Rowles

Sibbick Beni Lowry Cochrane

Oda Shankland McKay

Think we're probably going to get a lot of the ball, and I think between Lowry and McKay we should have enough creativity. Would like to see Sibbick given a run at RWB as Atkinson will be missing, and Toby has done well when played on the right before. He's quick, good ball control and IMO links well with those ahead of him. 

Id have Nat in and preferably Grant instead of Lowry, but guessing injured so any of Denholm, Hof or Tait. Prob Denholm for pure energy.

Rest of team, agree. Time to build Oda back up. Lads a big asset, been a stop atart season after a good start. (Only caveat is at some point - dependent on form in training - Tagawa surely needs a run).  Part of the issue is our 3 at back. We'd be able to grt minutes into Oda and Tagawa in a 442, and i think itd suit both better too

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Zander

Halkett        Kent      Rowles

Sibbick                                 Cochrane

Beni

Hoff                  McKay

Shanks

Tagawa

Subs:  Gordon, Atkinson, Kingsley, Denholm, Oda, Lowry, Grant, Vargas, Tait

Think Devlin still injured?  Not sure about Boyce either.

Expect bench to be heavily used, squad rotation really important right now

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Forrest.

Thought it was Denholm they were trying to develop as a rb. Maybe decided he isn’t up to it there. Doubt Forrest will be either. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Another run of four victories in a row would be delightful

A bit annoying that Kilmarnock have been matching our results recently when we have managed to pull away a bit from Hibs , Aberdeen and St Mirren . We need to keep our run going longer than them and we will make a bit of breathing space for ourselves 

I don’t think we need to worry about Killie in the race for third.  They will fall away soon 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I don’t think we need to worry about Killie in the race for third.  They will fall away soon 

I think Aberdeen and Killie will prove to be the biggest challenge come the end of the season . McInnes is nothing if not dogged

Halkett will be back in and rested again away at Livingston IMO.

This is the type of game with a massive wall of 11 to break through. The type of game for McKay and Lowry both starting.

Bazzas right boot

Let's murder these muppets.

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think Aberdeen and Killie will prove to be the biggest challenge come the end of the season . McInnes is nothing if not dogged

Killie to go on a bad run of 5/6 + games and level out, just like St mirren and Motherwell did.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Let's murder these muppets.

Killie to go on a bad run of 5/6 + games and level out, just like St mirren and Motherwell did.

Probably right , but I think McInnes might have them up about fourth or fifth if he gets lucky with fitness and injuries 

Also Derek Adams is a total fud and it would be lovely to send the obnoxious wee rodent back up to the frozen wastes with his tail between his legs . Also worth remembering his words after their match with Dundee where he talks about the poor quality of the league . Be nice to pump them with a bit of style and then Naismith can comment on their horrendous defensive set up :) 

38 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yup and Killie have the advantage of their horrendous plastic pitch!

Just now, Thomaso said:

Yup and Killie have the advantage of their horrendous plastic pitch!

I am certainly not going to discount them as being one of our closest challengers . Thankfully our head to head with them is decent now 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Does that mean Halkett plays on Livis pitch? 

13 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Does that mean Halkett plays on Livis pitch? 

Suspect he will have to.  Shouldn’t be a problem he used to play for them. 

3 hours ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Halkett will start as he won't start against Livi on the plastic

I realise he is just back from injury but out of all our players he has by far the most experience playing on that plastic pitch.

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am certainly not going to discount them as being one of our closest challengers . Thankfully our head to head with them is decent now 

We need to pull an OF move and offer them £150k for David Watson in the window. Strengthen ourselves and undermine a rival.