***Official Heart of Midlothian v Ross County Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Tagiwa needs to start against the bottom teams to try and get game time and a goal or 2.

No he doesn't. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• pettigrewsstylist

• Clark Griswold

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Probably right , but I think McInnes might have them up about fourth or fifth if he gets lucky with fitness and injuries 

Yeah, he'll do well but imo they'll level out and be in 45-50 points max.

We need to look at 60 points +.

Fplk have panicked about St mii, livi, Motherwell in recent seasons and now it's killie.

These teams tend to level out.

If we take care of our business we'll be fine.

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

As daft as it sounds, we have to be more up for this than the Hibs game. Why?

Looking at the table we can all think it's a walk in the park. When we as a club think like that, we tend to fall flat on our faces and lose.

So right at them from the start, and let's not let the all the good work from the last Three games go to waste.

This will be a hard game. They have some decent players and Adams has given them a bit of a lift since coming in.

They will be desperate for something out of the game and fresher given they didn't play during the week.

This is definitely the type of game we can faulter in so we need to be up for it. 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

No he doesn't. 

Whether Tagawa "needs" to start or not, some squad rotation wouldn't go amiss. The players that played against both St. Mirren and Hibs are going to be tired physically and there will be an emotional hangover from the derby. It's a very good time to play players like Tagawa, Grant, Sibbick, Oda, and others who are fit but haven't seen much game time, to protect our better players from injury.

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, maybe he was feeling off colour at ht.   He is the next big thing after all, or so some have said. 

He fell akwardly early in the game and seemed to have an injury.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Whether Tagawa "needs" to start or not, some squad rotation wouldn't go amiss. The players that played against both St. Mirren and Hibs are going to be tired physically and there will be an emotional hangover from the derby. It's a very good time to play players like Tagawa, Grant, Sibbick, Oda, and others who are fit but haven't seen much game time, to protect our better players from injury.

Yip, but only if good enough.

A few options arriving in January would be welcome.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, but only if good enough.

A few options arriving in January would be welcome.

Message should be simple. This is Ross County, they are a small team but play above their stature. At the same time, a Hearts second XI in terms of salary almost certainly make more than their first XI, and you are playing them at home. Show them the respect they are due by putting them to the sword early and ruthlessly. 3-0 by halftime is the goal.

You are playing because we need to rotate the squad, but should you play well, this is a fantastic time to earn playing time. However, do not forget that we are beginning to negotiate January loans. Should you be caught playing lazy and not showing them respect, we can very likely arrange for you to spend several months in Dingwall to come to a greater appreciation for the dedication to football that this small highland town has developed.

Play with the same intensity that we managed in the first half of the Derby and we should sweep them aside.  Their players will be more rested than ours having missed their previous match, so second half subs will be important to get right.

I'd start one of Vargas or Tagawa with Shankland to run at their defenders and make things difficult, switching to the other one for the second half.  Suspect we'll see Grant starting against a team like Ross County as well, which could be good or bad depending on which version of him turns up.

This is a chance for the midfield to step up and show that they don't deserve to be replaced in January.  2-0 Hearts, possibly 2-1.  I'd take any win for 3 points though.   

Absolute Scenes
49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He ended Wed in a heap. Any update on him?? Gutted if hes out again.

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Where are you seeing this mate 

End of the game he went down but walked off the pitch after, think he’s fine

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Message should be simple. This is Ross County, they are a small team but play above their stature. At the same time, a Hearts second XI in terms of salary almost certainly make more than their first XI, and you are playing them at home. Show them the respect they are due by putting them to the sword early and ruthlessly. 3-0 by halftime is the goal.

You are playing because we need to rotate the squad, but should you play well, this is a fantastic time to earn playing time. However, do not forget that we are beginning to negotiate January loans. Should you be caught playing lazy and not showing them respect, we can very likely arrange for you to spend several months in Dingwall to come to a greater appreciation for the dedication to football that this small highland town has developed.

Imo it's not as easy as that.

4 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

What do people thin’ the odds are of the game going ahead.  Yellow warning for rain and snow along the A9 again. 

Surely Ross County will already have travelled. They don’t have much of an away support anyway. 

15 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

What do people thin’ the odds are of the game going ahead.  Yellow warning for rain and snow along the A9 again. 

I would think there is a chance it will be off. A9 will almost certainly be blocked for a while after the game which they will take account of as they did for rangers

They'll come to sit in and frustrate. It's what Naismith has mentioned many a time this season. Subtle reminder to our support I think. If we don't score early keep the faith. Was the same vs st Johnston and livi. Ideally we do score early and thump them. Keep feeling if we could be 3-0 up we could take shanks off for a wee break and tagawa could get a chance. Unfortunately all our victories are so tight it means shankland plays every minute. Would be great if some other guys could chip in with a goal. Looking at the wingers really because our midfielders bar Grant don't seem to confident shooting.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I’d have thought after last weeks call off they would have traveled down o today (Friday) 

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

This will be a hard game. They have some decent players and Adams has given them a bit of a lift since coming in.

They will be desperate for something out of the game and fresher given they didn't play during the week.

This is definitely the type of game we can faulter in so we need to be up for it. 

He gave them a lift and then tore them a new one after their loss to Dundee. I'd expect our lads to be well up for it to put that prick in his place.

3 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He fell akwardly early in the game and seemed to have an injury.

No, Naismith said it was tactical switching from five to four at the back 

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

He ended Wed in a heap. Any update on him?? Gutted if hes out again.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Where are you seeing this mate 

Heard it at Oriam today. No reason to doubt the person who told me but they may have misheard a conversation.

Would be really disappointed if true not just for us but for the lad himself.

We'll see tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Unless there's anyone new, think its just Grant and Devlin out injured. 

I missed Grant, what's he out with?

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Halkett

Kent

Kingsley

Grant

Hoff

McKay/Denholm/Oda (whoever's fit)

Vargas

Shanks

Tagawa

If Clark isnt injured then the last thing we should be doing is upsetting that defence. 3 clean sheets in a row? 

18 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Gordon

Sibbick

Halkett

Kent

Kingsley

Grant

Hoff

McKay/Denholm/Oda (whoever's fit)

Vargas

Shanks

Tagawa

Where to start?

No Beni,

Why Gordon,?

Where's Cochrane?

4-3-3 at home?

What are you on?

Clark

Kent Halkett Rowles

Atkinson Denholm Beni Cochrane

Forrest Shankland McKay

3-0 Hearts.

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Heard it at Oriam today. No reason to doubt the person who told me but they may have misheard a conversation.

Would be really disappointed if true not just for us but for the lad himself.

We'll see tomorrow 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

If Clark isnt injured then the last thing we should be doing is upsetting that defence. 3 clean sheets in a row? 

42 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Where to start?

No Beni,

Why Gordon,?

Where's Cochrane?

4-3-3 at home?

What are you on?

I mentioned this above but some of our best players will be a bit tired but also on a bit of an emotional hangover after ER.

Beni out because he’s not that far off an injury and we don’t want him getting hurt again.

Gordon because even he needs game time to get his mental sharpness back, and it should be a fairly easy fixture for a keeper. 

4-3-3 at home but with two very attack minded wide midfielders. With Kingsley and Sibbick cutting in it’s putting 7 men up around the box. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but our other strikers are struggling to score. County will sit in, we know this. This is a shape to crack them open.

19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I mentioned this above but some of our best players will be a bit tired but also on a bit of an emotional hangover after ER.

Beni out because he’s not that far off an injury and we don’t want him getting hurt again.

Gordon because even he needs game time to get his mental sharpness back, and it should be a fairly easy fixture for a keeper. 

4-3-3 at home but with two very attack minded wide midfielders. With Kingsley and Sibbick cutting in it’s putting 7 men up around the box. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but our other strikers are struggling to score. County will sit in, we know this. This is a shape to crack them open.

we are still nowhere near good enough to be claiming a goalie is going to have an easy fixture 

This is My Story Podcast

Be a real tough game tomorrow. Ross County have had two weeks to prepare, we have had a recovery day and a light session. Any form of win will do. 

Clark 

Cochrane

Rowles 

Halkett 

Kent

Atkinson

Denholm 

Beni 

McKay 

Shankland 

Forrest 

2-0 Hearts. Shankland double. 

Arthur Morgan

We have to be winning this. We have a great record against County in recent times. The last time they beat us home or away was 2017 😨

Check out the team from that game, oh my word. What a horrific team that was 😭 

Screenshot_20231229_234858_Flashscore.jpg

Destroy them tomorrow Hearts!!!! No tackles shirked,no 50/50 lost, everything you have got for the shirt that's on your backs.

Let's send a ****ing message to this arrogant Adams.

You want a game of football you will get it.

Cmon The Hearts!!!!!

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I’d say never change a goalie that’s on good form like Clark is - having Gordon pushing him in training is working very well by the looks of things. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We have to be winning this. We have a great record against County in recent times. The last time they beat us home or away was 2017 😨

Check out the team from that game, oh my word. What a horrific team that was 😭 

Screenshot_20231229_234858_Flashscore.jpg

They've only beaten us three times ever.

2001 (penalties), 2013, and 2017.

Graham Thomson
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Vargas

Shanks

Tagawa

Vargas and Tagawa based on what exactly? 

Neither has performed to a level anywhere near good enough. 

I would rather see promotions from the B team of young hungry lads who want to play for us and already showing talent. 

Any sort of win tomorrow, doesn't matter how it comes about. After our efforts on Wednesday and them being rested it'll be tough. This place will be it's usual if we're not winning after 10 mins and playing like 1970 Brazil but who cares.

1-0