World Darts Championship 2024

neilnunb

Nice wee moment when he walked past his step-daughter who was standing on her own and realised and went back and gave her a wee kiss on the head. Sign of a decent bloke to remember her in the biggest moment of his life when he could be forgiven for getting wrapped up in it all. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Jam-Tart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sprosten Green

Brilliant game of dart young lad did well to get so far well played 

Jam-Tart

Humphries was left out of the Premier League after having such a dominant season in European comps, Rob Cross got the place in the World Cup alongside Michael Smith last year, rightly Humphries got his head down and has played phenomenal darts all year, pure determination has got him to No.1 in the world and now World Champion. Hats off to the laddie he's earned it.

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, Jam-Tart said:

Humphries was left out of the Premier League after having such a dominant season in European comps, Rob Cross got the place in the World Cup alongside Michael Smith last year, rightly Humphries got his head down and has played phenomenal darts all year, pure determination has got him to No.1 in the world and now World Champion. Hats off to the laddie he's earned it.

Wonder if Littler will get a spot. He would bring a big media attention to the tournament. 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wonder if Littler will get a spot. He would bring a big media attention to the tournament. 

I think he'd be well advised to turn it down if he was offered a spot. 

Jam-Tart
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

I'd think Littler's already there, can't see Hearn's or the PDC ignoring the media frenzy over Littler or the fact he's a top notch darts player, him playing I think would almost certainly increase viewing figures and that means money and that's what it's all about for them.

Stuart McNeill
32 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

I'd think Littler's already there, can't see Hearn's or the PDC ignoring the media frenzy over Littler or the fact he's a top notch darts player, him playing I think would almost certainly increase viewing figures and that means money and that's what it's all about for them.

You've definitely got a point. 

Tonight's the first game of darts I've ever watched and it was because of littler. 

manaliveits105
39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He is sixteen he will get lots of spots 

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

He is sixteen he will get lots of spots 

His 21 year old bursd can squeeze them for him. 

Jam-Tart
4 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

You've definitely got a point. 

Tonight's the first game of darts I've ever watched and it was because of littler. 

He's proved at 16 he can live with the best, and sure at 16 going into the Premier League could be detrimental to his darts career, but I very much doubt it, quite the opposite tbh. Not only will it give SKY & the PDC more viewers & money, but will also give Littler the exposure to advance his career up to another level, he I believe before the World's was ranked around the 190's He's now ranked No.32 in the world, that's some jump. Him playing in the Premier League benefits all involved and keeps him in the public eye. If he's offered a wild card I can't see him refusing.

Seaside Dave
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

£200,000 not a bad consolation prize. Will certainly buy a kebab or two.

Some money of that getting pumped into ultimate team on FIFA 🤣🤣🤣

Seaside Dave

Not a coincidence that as soon as all this man utd stuff came out he loses. Should have kept that to himself. 

ri Alban
6 hours ago, Jam-Tart said:

He's proved at 16 he can live with the best, and sure at 16 going into the Premier League could be detrimental to his darts career, but I very much doubt it, quite the opposite tbh. Not only will it give SKY & the PDC more viewers & money, but will also give Littler the exposure to advance his career up to another level, he I believe before the World's was ranked around the 190's He's now ranked No.32 in the world, that's some jump. Him playing in the Premier League benefits all involved and keeps him in the public eye. If he's offered a wild card I can't see him refusing.

They said the same about Kirk Shepard. He be a flash in the pan and no doubt get arrested for tax dodging or have a heart attack. That's some size to be in at 16. 

neilnunb

That's Clayton, van den Bergh and Dobey dropping out the PL, I think. Certainly the first two can't really complain.

Day@theraces
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That's Clayton, van den Bergh and Dobey dropping out the PL, I think. Certainly the first two can't really complain.

Think Donkey deserves a place ahead of Wright. But guess they need a Scottish player for nights up north.

neilnunb
3 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Think Donkey deserves a place ahead of Wright. But guess they need a Scottish player for nights up north.

Yeah, Wright is quite lucky to still get a place. Probably needs a good year or he'll drop out next time...and his silly shuffle across the stage can gtf. 😁

Day@theraces
Just now, neilnunb said:

Yeah, Wright is quite lucky to still get a place. Probably needs a good year or he'll drop out next time...and his silly shuffle across the stage can gtf. 😁

You can tell he is just going through the motions now with his walk on. Worked when he was an up and comer as it got him attention and what not. But now he is a 2 time world champ in his 50's and well established, it seems a bit naff.

25 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Wright is a very lucky boy to get a place. 

You have to wonder how the schedule - PL/Pro Tour/Euro Tour (potentially) will work out for Littler. Sky and PDC will see him as a money making enterprise they couldn't afford not to cash in on you'd have to presume. 

26 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

You can tell he is just going through the motions now with his walk on. Worked when he was an up and comer as it got him attention and what not. But now he is a 2 time world champ in his 50's and well established, it seems a bit naff.

Surprised that Wright has only dropped to no. 8 in order of merit. Given he was defending £500k from his WC win. European Championship win in Oct must've gained him decent points. 

Some major changes in the order of merit post WC. Littler and Williams inside top 32. Guys like Mervyn King and Ian White just about managing to remain inside the top 64.

Very much has the feeling of a changing of the guard.

Day@theraces
37 minutes ago, Carter said:

Surprised that Wright has only dropped to no. 8 in order of merit. Given he was defending £500k from his WC win. European Championship win in Oct must've gained him decent points. 

Some major changes in the order of merit post WC. Littler and Williams inside top 32. Guys like Mervyn King and Ian White just about managing to remain inside the top 64.

Very much has the feeling of a changing of the guard.

Can't see King being around for much longer. Certainly don't see him going for A school when he eventually loses his card. White seems to have went totally off the boil.

Spellczech
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

They said the same about Kirk Shepard. He be a flash in the pan and no doubt get arrested for tax dodging or have a heart attack. That's some size to be in at 16. 

Nah I've seen fatter 8 year olds...

Spellczech
8 hours ago, benny said:

GC8z-JKXMAAz2az.jpeg.b44064a7a03e7a604ddf6bc3841fe1b1.jpeg

Are you trying to imply something? The Power not using protection?

• 2 weeks later...

Littler also takes out a 170 in beating Price in the semi. Will play either Smith or MvG in the final.

Will be MvG

Edited by neilnunb

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Final currently on ITV4 if anyone interested.

So it’s looking a lot like the Worlds wasn’t a fluke of beginners luck then. The laddie’s a machine. 

Littler with a wee bit of revenge on Humphries in the Dutch Masters quarters.

MvG v Littler in the final.

Should be interesting to see how the Dutch crowd treat Littler.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thank goodness Humphries won the world championship. 

Haha did he? You'd never have known it. 😁

Will be a danger of folk turning against Littler at some point but it's definitely raising the profile of the sport.  This isn't even a ranking event and the BBC doing their live updates.

MvG wins 8-6. Cracking final. Defo meant more to MvG going by the reactions during the game.

Good win by MVG.

It will be interesting to see how Littler develops the next few years as clearly a very talented boy. For a  17-year-old he's in some nick, though. 🥧 🍰 🍮