World Darts Championship 2024

neilnunb

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I disagree. Once you've hit the 2 treble 20's I think you should go bull every time, regardless of where the other player is. 

No, no...I meant that you could see he was aiming to leave 170 to try say to Barney "are you sure you're not afraid of me" 😁

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Sooperstar

• Jam-Tart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, neilnunb said:

No, no...I meant that you could see he was aiming to leave 170 to try say to Barney "are you sure you're not afraid of me" 😁

Or wanted to pull it off in front of a guy he idolised?

The fake hype around this Humphries guy is a wee bit weird, kind of cringey. 

Fair enough this is the only darts tournament I watch but he seems a bit powderpuff. Throws a few good darts but doesn't look anywhere near consistent enough to be classed as 3 seed. I know of course this is based on previous tournaments throughout the year but I hope Cullen wipes him.

3 minutes ago, 151 said:

The fake hype around this Humphries guy is a wee bit weird, kind of cringey. 

Fair enough this is the only darts tournament I watch but he seems a bit powderpuff. Throws a few good darts but doesn't look anywhere near consistent enough to be classed as 3 seed. I know of course this is based on previous tournaments throughout the year but I hope Cullen wipes him.

He's been the form player for a while and won a couple of majors recently but I really just can't take to him. He had a lot of mental issues previously, went to a shrink and a lot of his chat now seems fake, total psychiatrist shite. Just talking up his belief etc. Then you also see him trying to whip up the crowd to very little effect at times.

He's playing better tonight than the last round though so wouldn't be surprised to see him turn this around.

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He's been the form player for a while and won a couple of majors recently but I really just can't take to him. He had a lot of mental issues previously, went to a shrink and a lot of his chat now seems fake, total psychiatrist shite. Just talking up his belief etc. Then you also see him trying to whip up the crowd to very little effect at times.

He's playing better tonight than the last round though so wouldn't be surprised to see him turn this around.

Yeh seems to be throwing well now. Big scores going in when he needs it. 

I agree the whole geeing up the crowd and getting nothing back was a bit strange. 

Darts is one of those sports where you kind of know the big characters. The ones who can get the crowd going and the ones who just can't. I got the impression in this one it was like the commentators were trying to make him something he just doesn't look like he is. But then again, I only watch this tournament.

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

These two are about as uninspiring as it gets. No chance of either of them managing to whip up anything. I'd rather watch Dennis Priestley against Mensur Suljovic. 

Weonly151

Unbelievable darts from Cross. He's not my favourite player but what an exhibition of darts he played. 👏👏👏

neilnunb
On 30/12/2023 at 22:14, Seaside Dave said:

Big Brendan to end the hype 🤣🤣🤣 gawa 

Maybe not.

:pleasing:

On 30/12/2023 at 22:14, Seaside Dave said:

Big Brendan to end the hype 🤣🤣🤣 gawa 

Not sure it's 'hype' tbh.

Jam-Tart

It's Luke Humphries tournament to lose now, far to consistent in recent months and can't see him let this slip away. 

Jam-Tart
9 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

It's Luke Humphries tournament to lose now, far to consistent in recent months and i can't see him letting this slip away. 

Jam-Tart
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

MVG not at it tonight. 

Agreed, so far, still think if Van Gerwin can shake off the demons inside his napper he'll canter this.

Sooperstar
4 minutes ago, Jam-Tart said:

Agreed, so far, still think if Van Gerwin can shake off the demons inside his napper he'll canter this.

He's lucky to still be in it. 

Jam-Tart
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He's lucky to still be in it. 

Yip, I hope to god he turns the corner here, I can't stick that **** Williams god forbid that racist tit wins 😧

Jam-Tart

A very strange PDC Worlds this year, Van Gerwen never at the races, but cannot deny Williams done what he needed to beat him. My moneys still on Humphries to do the damage, but nowt would surprise me now.

Jam-Tart
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Fully deserved win for Williams. 

No argument here, he won it fair & square 👏 

Seaside Dave
5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Maybe not.

:pleasing:

Lol aye he can't play during the day lol not enough booze in the system for him 🤣🤣

Seaside Dave

Littler now favourite for the tournament. Rob cross no mug though 

Jam-Tart

Can't see Chisnall keeping up with Humphries scoring wise, he will fall away, both have had pretty good seasons, Chisnall on the floor & Humphries on the TV & Euro comps, but can't see DC keeping up with LH in this..