AGM ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The AGM will go as following: 

We haven’t finished back to back 3rd since 2002/3, so why is that the expectation. We haven’t won trophies every year, so why is that the expectation. We’ve heard this all ready from McKinley so I expect to hear version 2.0 at the AGM. 

We will hear how they sounded out other clubs to see how they found the managerial market on the run up to sacking Robbie. They’ll say that they heard it isn’t great and aren’t a lot of good managers out there, hence why they stuck with what they know. They’ll mention that fans backed the decision. 

We will hear that the league is competitive and that we are only 2/3/4/5 points off 3rd. They’ll point to players coming back from injury. 

They’ll explain the MacAvoy stance and cite the Irish clubs that got fined. They’ll say that they expect fans to understand that Naismith was always in charge and that everything they done was just to satisfy uefa. 

We will hear about the progress being made by the ladies team. We will hear about the progress being made on the hotel. And they’ll celebrate the relationships they’ve built with Edinburgh business partners.

And the most galling will be when they flippantly brush off wasting 4.5 million pounds donated by Anderson to balance the books as “we knew we were getting it and we cut our cloth accordingly”. They’ll actually stand up in front of fans that had to raise 1 million in 24 hours to save the club. They’ll brush off 4.5 million as “ah no big deal”. 

The FoH will say that they back the board and any disagreements will stay between them and the board. They’ll say that they are working on all these great projects behind the scenes. 

They’ll dodge any difficult question. 

What would you like to hear them say? Does Anderson think his donation was wasted?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The main question has to be why are we continuing to demonstrate a serious lack of ambition on the pitch?

Why is a club the size of Hearts with ambitions of playing in Europe every year taking the low budget option of appointing a manager who has no experience in management and didn't even have the badges required to sit in the dugout during European games?

Why during another summer window are waiting nearly 2 months to start signing players with European games looming?

Why are we desperate for established experienced players but scouring the globe we are choosing to sign those who we know aren't up to standard but want to try to develop?

Would it not make more sense to try to develop our youth players and focus our efforts in the window to signing quality that is ready to slot into the positions required?

Why are we so opposed to signing players from other clubs in Scotland? It has been proven many times over the years that this part of the policy can be a very effective way of building a team that will graft and give their all.

Please if someone is there ask these questions, this board should simply not get away with being asked direct questions surrounding the state of the first team.

1 minute ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

The AGM will go as following: 

We haven’t finished back to back 3rd since 2002/3, so why is that the expectation. We haven’t won trophies every year, so why is that the expectation. We’ve heard this all ready from McKinley so I expect to hear version 2.0 at the AGM. 

We will hear how they sounded out other clubs to see how they found the managerial market on the run up to sacking Robbie. They’ll say that they heard it isn’t great and aren’t a lot of good managers out there, hence why they stuck with what they know. They’ll mention that fans backed the decision. 

We will hear that the league is competitive and that we are only 2/3/4/5 points off 3rd. They’ll point to players coming back from injury. 

They’ll explain the MacAvoy stance and cite the Irish clubs that got fined. They’ll say that they expect fans to understand that Naismith was always in charge and that everything they done was just to satisfy uefa. 

We will hear about the progress being made by the ladies team. We will hear about the progress being made on the hotel. And they’ll celebrate the relationships they’ve built with Edinburgh business partners.

And the most galling will be when they flippantly brush off wasting 4.5 million pounds donated by Anderson to balance the books as “we knew we were getting it and we cut our cloth accordingly”. They’ll actually stand up in front of fans that had to raise 1 million in 24 hours to save the club. They’ll brush off 4.5 million as “ah no big deal”. 

The FoH will say that they back the board and any disagreements will stay between them and the board. They’ll say that they are working on all these great projects behind the scenes. 

They’ll dodge any difficult question. 

Budge is a supercilious individual. Every likelihood that either she or McKinlay will be irked by something that could be asked from the floor on Thursday. The purpose of the Hearts fanbase is to pony up and desist from asking any uncomfortable questions. 

We're receiving unearned income each year that exceeds the earned revenue of a club like St Mirren, who've performed at an almost identical level to ourselves across the last 54/55 league games. 

This is My Story Podcast
Just now, davemclaren said:

What would you like to hear them say? Does Anderson think his donation was wasted?

If we need his donations to post a profit then why is he so happy to just chuck money into a void? If he has money available, can we not use it better to move the club forward? If we had done our job on the park and finished 3rd, we’d have been guaranteed 4/5/6 million, is he happy to see us fail on the park and again, his money wasted. 

The fact that no one seems even remotely worried or annoyed that as a club we’ve had 25 million (roughly) from this man, and it’s been used to stand the books up. “Well run off the park” looks very silly when his money is removed. I don’t like the idea that as a club, we are so flippant with money. We’ve been down this path before. 

If we need his donations to post a profit then why is he so happy to just chuck money into a void? If he has money available, can we not use it better to move the club forward? If we had done our job on the park and finished 3rd, we’d have been guaranteed 4/5/6 million, is he happy to see us fail on the park and again, his money wasted. 

The fact that no one seems even remotely worried or annoyed that as a club we’ve had 25 million (roughly) from this man, and it’s been used to stand the books up. “Well run off the park” looks very silly when his money is removed. I don’t like the idea that as a club, we are so flippant with money. We’ve been down this path before. 

Presumably we set a budget every year with his, and other,  expected donations in mind and those don't merely balance the books. He is on the board so I'm sure he is fully aware what his money is used for and believes it's used to take the club forward. 

Without knowing what we wouldn't have done without those donations it's hard to understand what his money explicitly delivers.  Having spoken with him he ( like all of us ) won't be happy that we didn't finish third last season as he sees the benefits, in terms of developing the club, of what that Euro spot brings. 

32 minutes ago, Carter said:

I know that. Primarily for the reasons I've outlined. This year is going to be uncomfortable for Budge and McKinlay. 

Well I'll be there so we'll soon see.

32 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

I agree with all that.

But what use is all that if the board cannot seem to have the ability to employ a manager who plays attacking football and win games. Hearts are eye bleeding to watch and fans will start to turn away, where does the money come from then?

This is where they fall down. 

Can't argue with that. Our league position at this time is not too bad but performances have been boring. Something needs to change, and fast, or Naismith will/should be gone

This is My Story Podcast
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Presumably we set a budget every year with his, and other,  expected donations in mind and those don't merely balance the books. He is on the board so I'm sure he is fully aware what his money is used for and believes it's used to take the club forward. 

Without knowing what we wouldn't have done without those donations it's hard to understand what his money explicitly delivers.  Having spoken with him he ( like all of us ) won't be happy that we didn't finish third last season as he sees the benefits, in terms of developing the club, of what that Euro spot brings. 

When you post 200k profit or what ever it was and 4.5 million is received in donations, it doesn’t paint a picture that these donations are being used for anything other than balancing the books. Posting a 4.3 million pound loss for the season where we had record turn over. As I said the whole “well run off the park” and donations don’t sit well with me.  

I would like the club to layout exactly how the donations work and the long term business plan that sees us move away from donations. 

I think the most pertinent question is :

Are you as a board happy with how the mens first team are performing ?

If the answer is no , then the next question is :

What are you doing to change the situation ?

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

When you post 200k profit or what ever it was and 4.5 million is received in donations, it doesn’t paint a picture that these donations are being used for anything other than balancing the books. Posting a 4.3 million pound loss for the season where we had record turn over. As I said the whole “well run off the park” and donations don’t sit well with me.  

I would like the club to layout exactly how the donations work and the long term business plan that sees us move away from donations. 

That big hotel being built will probably help. A shirt sponsor as well.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It's the only question that's needs asking. 

If they are running £4.3 million over budget for a season, and Anderson is writing a cheque the day before the end of financial year to cover it, then the FD should be sacked along with the rest of the board for lack of financial oversight.  

However, I very much doubt it works that way as I said above. Maybe you need to have a session with Anderson and explicitly ask him? 😄

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Answer: Let's take a walk along the corridor and find Liam and Andy. We could also invite Eva along on matchdays to divert attention from the utter crap on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

Answer: Let's take a walk along the corridor and find Liam and Andy. We could also invite Eva along on matchdays to divert attention from the utter crap on the pitch. 

All that sunshine in Nerja has done nothing for your cynicism. 😄

I just think people need to ask the right questions that do not let them go on a side track about womens football and infrastructure products . I am sure most of us are quite happy with how all of that is going . The mens first team is the problem , and it would be interesting to hear their opinion on it 

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

It’s only Hearts shareholders who get to these right? Historically I’ve heard no difficult questions are ever asked

It is only shareholders and I've heard plenty difficult questions asked over the years. The current board have been a bit fortunate the last few meetings as the club has won the previous one or two matches, which tends to decrease the heat a bit. Such is football. 

Just now, Sooks said:

That is how I see it . Everything else is just venting 

Old frustrated man-babies who think they're more important than anyone else is how I see it. 

I think the club see it that way as well, hence the lack of any real openness. 

Hopefully one of the adults in the room asks the question.  

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I can hear the answer now which would be along the lines of Well Steven just won Manager of the Month so we must be doing something right.

Nothing to see here move on.

With people like that in charge we will never progress on the footballing side of things.

Yes we like all the other non old firm teams will always struggle to finish higher than third in the league but we can at least try and play some exciting football to get the fans entertained and back the team.

There is no pride in these players and they are too comfortable in playing to a mediocre level every week.

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Old frustrated man-babies who think they're more important than anyone else is how I see it. 

I think the club see it that way as well, hence the lack of any real openness. 

Hopefully one of the adults in the room asks the question.  

I am thinking about going along . Might see if I can ask the question 

I'm going on Thursday and I plan to ask the question about the teams set up and coaching.

The formation is wrong, the tactics non existent and the signings made have been garbage bar Kent.

Will be looking to know why we are shopping in the equivalent of Poundland for our signings.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is only shareholders and I've heard plenty difficult questions asked over the years. The current board have been a bit fortunate the last few meetings as the club has won the previous one or two matches, which tends to decrease the heat a bit. Such is football. 

Well that haven't got that luxury this time round. 

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All that sunshine in Nerja has done nothing for your cynicism. 😄

I don't actually live in Nerja, but do visit it a lot every year. But you're right all the sunshine thankfully has not diminished my sarcasm or cynicism. Having said that, going by their previous appointments, maybe not that far fetched a comment. 

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just think people need to ask the right questions that do not let them go on a side track about womens football and infrastructure products . I am sure most of us are quite happy with how all of that is going . The mens first team is the problem , and it would be interesting to hear their opinion on it 

You're right. Do not get side tracked, put your point over in a polite way and do not get annoyed, leave that to McKinley. Do not waste this once in a year opportunity to hold them to account. 

59 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pretty much this. 

56 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There is no pride in these players and they are too comfortable in playing to a mediocre level every week.

This is a major part of the problem we’ve had since Levein uttered the words “we have to have the right players with the right attitude”.

It was all talk then and it continues to this day to be all talk with the bulk of the players Savage has recruited.

I would ask when are we actually going to walk the walk rather than talk the talk. 

The culture and attitude of too many players/football management staff at the club has to change and how do the board ‘leaders’ of the club propose going about it?

As supposed business people this shouldn’t be a new concept to them.

Edited by Hook

3 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

You're right. Do not get side tracked, put your point over in a polite way and do not get annoyed, leave that to McKinley. Do not waste this once in a year opportunity to hold them to account. 

Yeah , if you go on the attack they will just get defensive and you will not get any meaningful answers . I dont know about anyone else but I would like to know the answer to that question . Are they happy with how the mens first team are performing . The answer to that question determines what other questions need asked . If they are happy then maybe they could elaborate on why they are happy and if their contentment and ambition is out of touch with the supporters , then either they need to up their game or the supporters need to rein in their expectations a bit . Perhaps a bit of both 

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hopefully folk get absolutely fired into Budge and Fat Boy and they both quit 

Ideally, but alas it will be a nausea filled fawn fest.

"Oooh Mrs Budge"

cringe

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

"Oooh Mrs Budge"

cringe

Have you ever been to an AGM? 😄

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Pretty much this. 

sad thing is, they’re probably happy with our performance. They’ll see wins over the bottom six as job done

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

sad thing is, they’re probably happy with our performance. They’ll see wins over the bottom six as job done

Then they can say this and we take it from there . Something like Do you think the supporters expectations which differ from your own are unrealistic or do you think the first team could be performing better 

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah , if you go on the attack they will just get defensive and you will not get any meaningful answers . I dont know about anyone else but I would like to know the answer to that question . Are they happy with how the mens first team are performing . The answer to that question determines what other questions need asked . If they are happy then maybe they could elaborate on why they are happy and if their contentment and ambition is out of touch with the supporters , then either they need to up their game or the supporters need to rein in their expectations a bit . Perhaps a bit of both 

My expectations are a bit in line with those of James Anderson in that the board should show more ambition and by doing so attempt to close the gap on the OF. We will never split them but we most certainly should be able to close the gap. By doing so we would be increasing the gap between us and the rest and qualify for Europe with the financial rewards that brings, which in turn is put into the player budget. 

Just now, Nerja Jambo said:

My expectations are a bit in line with those of James Anderson in that the board should show more ambition and by doing so attempt to close the gap on the OF. We will never split them but we most certainly should be able to close the gap. By doing so we would be increasing the gap between us and the rest and qualify for Europe with the financial rewards that brings, which in turn is put into the player budget. 

I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet Nerja . I think that the board are doing a brilliant job except for appointing the best manager we can get . If that means diverting some money from elsewhere to pay a bit more to get a good one then I would see that as a good use of funds . I firmly believe this squad is a lot better than how it is performing 

Wonder if that McKinley boy can count yet?

Someone ask him how many are on the waiting list now. At this rate we'll be struggling to sell 7.5k. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think we are both singing from the same hymn sheet Nerja . I think that the board are doing a brilliant job except for appointing the best manager we can get . If that means diverting some money from elsewhere to pay a bit more to get a good one then I would see that as a good use of funds . I firmly believe this squad is a lot better than how it is performing 

Despite not having a great feeling about the board its obvious they are doing a good job off the pitch. That shouldn't be the priority though and it really shouldn't be a 'in hindsight' lesson. 

The squad is easily the third best in Scotland and its criminal they aren't getting used to their fullest. 

6 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I think that is their aim, just not doing it very well at the moment. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Wonder if that McKinley boy can count yet?

Someone ask him how many are on the waiting list now. At this rate we'll be struggling to sell 7.5k. 

Despite not having a great feeling about the board its obvious they are doing a good job off the pitch. That shouldn't be the priority though and it really shouldn't be a 'in hindsight' lesson. 

The squad is easily the third best in Scotland and its criminal they aren't getting used to their fullest. 

I agree with you Indy . I was a little bit dismayed to read that Anderson did not think that the manager makes a huge difference to how a team performs at our level . For me the manager can make a massive difference to getting the best out of the players , and I agree with you that we have the third best squad in the division . It really annoys and frustrates me that we are in my opinion underperforming so badly 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

"Oooh Mrs Budge"

cringe

:qqb006:

does bully normally bathe queen Ann’s feet before after or during the event

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think that is their aim, just not doing it very well at the moment. 

One would hope so, but that is where not having any football people involved is the problem. They know what they want to achieve but are clueless as to how to do that, when in reality it is quite simple, employ an experienced coach with a good track record that is within our budget. I think you have mentioned in the past that it might be better if we all saw our FOH money being spent on a specific project as opposed to the overall spend of the club. I agree and would spend the entire FOH money on the coaches if that was what was required. Now the club should not be reliant on the FOH money to balance the books, but use the bonus of having it to put it towards the most important appointment a football club makes, the coaches. 

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

:qqb006:

does bully normally bathe queen Ann’s feet before after or during the event

What a weird comment . I do not think he is going . Not even sure if he is a shareholder . He is speaking more sense and remaining calm and lucid on this thread though , which is more than can be said for many 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ann surrounded by the FoH members outside the AGM

queen-elizabeth-silver-jubilee-coach.jpg

You realise the AGM is for shareholders in the club and not just anyone who has contributed to FOH though right ? It is two separate meetings . If people are unhappy with how things are being done at the club then they need to express that in a constructive manner at the two upcoming meetings . Hopefully the comments and feedback from the shareholders and FOH contributors will be aligned and they will need to address them . Weird comments about bathing feet and knitting will get us nowhere . It barely even raises a wry smile anymore in all honesty because it is just all very unoriginal and lacking any wit 

I have just contacted the club on the e-mail address posted here yesterday, asking that McKinley brings along the list of the 7000 who are on a waiting list for season tickets. By doing so today it gives him time to compile the list. My cynicism again.

I have just contacted the club on the e-mail address posted here yesterday, asking that McKinley brings along the list of the 7000 who are on a waiting list for season tickets. By doing so today it gives him time to compile the list. My cynicism again.

He might be able to bring it along and some useful data might be able to be extrapolated from it , but it will be fairly limited by data protection and I do not think we could deep dive in to it too much . I think the most useful thing to know would be how many of them are still wanting a season ticket when the time comes 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

:rofl:

Ffs, it's not cynism, it's built up unhealthy rage.

11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

:rofl:

Ffs, it's not cynism, it's built up unhealthy rage.

If anyone has health issues it is you. 68k posts. Get a life. I've known many blind fanatics over the years but you sir, are in a league of your own. 

21 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

He could bring a list of 7,000 anythings as he can't share the names with you due to data protection. 

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He might be able to bring it along and some useful data might be able to be extrapolated from it , but it will be fairly limited by data protection and I do not think we could deep dive in to it too much . I think the most useful thing to know would be how many of them are still wanting a season ticket when the time comes 

It makes it awkward for him though. The issue should now be raised and we'll see what excuses he can give. I accept he cannot give names and addresses but he must have a list which he could redact those details.