AGM ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Yip the current board don't view us as a football team first and foremost. I also find it astonishing the amount of folk on here who are happy to to accept the mediocre crap being served on the pitch. 

Agreed. There is a difference between being realistic and an apologist. I definitely fall in the former category.

There is a gulf in scale of management candidate. And yet the best we can come up with!

Did the big balloon even try to address the issue about UEFA rules?

Not fit for purpose any of them. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Sooks

• davemclaren

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

This is the entire point in the whole debate. With regards to Naismith, the original appointment was the problem. Naismith should never have got the job, and the board know it. They’re decision to give the job to him should call their own positions into question.

Probably not deserving of calling their positions in to question , but not learning from it next time might be 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Other than a list of potential names don’t think Savage should be heavily involved in the manager hunt.  His position, and he himself, are two big factories as to candidates being interested.  The Board should have looked at the bigger picture and determined whether the status quo structure was working and was the one to go forward with. Outwith the OF not many clubs in Scotland have a DoF or SD. Outwith the epl neither do too many English clubs. These positions are for big clubs which we are not 

Interesting points you've made there.  I've always  assumed its a legacy from 2014 when AB became the owner and needed a football person to do all the stuff related to players, coaches  etc, and  trusted  CL to do that.  tbf, it worked very well for 3 years.   I also assumed our Covid demotion prompted her to recruit a replacement (Savage) after she sacked CL.   

Do Burrows  at Aberdeen and Kensell at Hibs not perform similar roles to Savage ?   Liaise with recruitment folk,  do the player contract negotiations, recruit coaches/manager etc ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Interesting points you've made there.  I've always  assumed its a legacy from 2014 when AB became the owner and needed a football person to do all the stuff related to players, coaches  etc, and  trusted  CL to do that.  tbf, it worked very well for 3 years.   I also assumed our Covid demotion prompted her to recruit a replacement (Savage) after she sacked CL.   

Do Burrows  at Aberdeen and Kensell at Hibs not perform similar roles to Savage ?   Liaise with recruitment folk,  do the player contract negotiations, recruit coaches/manager etc ?

most clubs have individuals like that these days. Savage’s position isn’t unusual. He just doesn’t seem very good at it.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or you don't fire successful managers on the first place and back the manager in any divide( like they did after Bora).

Nb- unless we are bottoming out in bottoming 6 or worse ofc, sometimes the risk is worth it, all to gain nothing to lose scenario,  but we were no where near that situation.

He should have been sacked after Brora.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Agreed. There is a difference between being realistic and an apologist. I definitely fall in the former category.

There is a gulf in scale of management candidate. And yet the best we can come up with!

Did the big balloon even try to address the issue about UEFA rules?

Not fit for purpose any of them. 

For the current board to believe that Naismith was the best option shows how far out of touch with reality they actually are. That Buffoon McKinlay told us an experienced would be appreciated and instead we get an absolute gamble of a appointment. The he's manager one week and he's the manager this midweek was pretty embarrassingat the start of the season. I've been going to Tynecastle since 78/79 season and I've watched some shit in that time but a majority of those bad times were because the club was financially toiling. Finance certainly isn't the issue at the moment it's the boards poor appointment of Managers Recruitment and Coaching that's the issue. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe, but lying to shareholders at an agm is a career-ending (not just Hearts career) offence. Agree its very worrying if true.  

He should have been pushed on that. How many did we approach directly or indirectly ? Specifically Why were they ‘not interested’ How many applied ? How many of those merited consideration alongside Naismith ? How many were taken forward in the process in any way, alongside the zero experienced and unqualified man who was the front runner from day 1 ? 

I just don’t accept that we didn’t get an applicant of at least equal suitability to Naismith

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He didn’t blow third two seasons in a row though, although it looks like you think he did. . 

You obviously didn't read the whole post. I added that " blowing third reads wrong I know, I didn't mean losing it two in a row."

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Or you don't fire successful managers on the first place and back the manager in any divide( like they did after Bora).

Nb- unless we are bottoming out in bottoming 6 or worse ofc, sometimes the risk is worth it, all to gain nothing to lose scenario,  but we were no where near that situation.

You really are a worry, I really do think you should seek help with your Bob obsession. Time to get your head around the fact lover boy has gone and the club has moved on. No matter how successful a manager is, his managing failed to beat Brora and threw away an 11 point lead allowing a rival to reap the rewards of third place. A sacking if ever there was one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I’ll say again as a ceo of a plc you can’t tell lies to shareholders at an agm.  It’s a huge offence if caught out. Certainly career-ending if not freedom ending. 

And I'll say again. McKinlay missioner.

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

This one win off third place thing ? Who sees that still being the case after Saturday

IMG_5225.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

One win off 3rd? Nope, no chance of that.

GIRFUY.

Helter Skelter
On 14/12/2023 at 14:58, Sooks said:

Some of the players are being hung out to dry with this comment I think . Just trying to double down on a poor head coach appointment . Wonder what the players will be thinking reading that . Which of the players are we saying are not good enough do we think 

Look at the bench today for your answer. Steven Naismith is not the problem at Hearts.

Helter Skelter

Ignore the noise regarding our Head Coach.

We’re lucky to have him.

Please look at our recruitment policy. That is where the issues lie.

1 hour ago, cazzyy said:

One win off 3rd? Nope, no chance of that.

GIRFUY.

Happy that he has got it right up me . Hope he makes me look even more stupid as time goes on

6 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

I thought Mckinley was pretty frank. There were not many applicants, no interest from those in jobs whom they sounded out directly or indirectly, they thought/hoped Naismith was the least risky option of the few in front of them. Performances have not been up to scratch and an improvement is wanted in the run up to the winter break. Naismith is a "football man" and "gets it" i.e. he knows he has to sort it out quickly or he's out. Budge seemed more inclined to give Naismith time than McKinley. My assumption was if no upturn before the winter break he'll be out.

Summed it up perfectly 👏👏

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

So from that I am expected to believe that 

Out of a 200 plus national associations with multiple divisions , taking out candidates who lack experience , do not speak English , and all the reasonable elimination criteria ……….

Steven Naismith who had managed the B Team to mid table in the lowland league was a better candidate than everyone else that we could afford ? Nope sorry 

Derek Adams reinforced what I was saying.  The level is abysmal and that seriously reduces the pool of candidates for any Scottish vacancy.  Why do you think we have a manager merry go round in Scotland?  Jim McInytre🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Don’t think Burrows or Kendall have responsibility for player recruitment or their academies but happy to be proved wrong.  Even Celtic have the manager with responsibility for recruitment. 

5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

He should have been pushed on that. How many did we approach directly or indirectly ? Specifically Why were they ‘not interested’ How many applied ? How many of those merited consideration alongside Naismith ? How many were taken forward in the process in any way, alongside the zero experienced and unqualified man who was the front runner from day 1 ? 

I just don’t accept that we didn’t get an applicant of at least equal suitability to Naismith

He didn’t say we didn’t.  He said of the candidates they were left with Naismith was the lowest risk candidate. 

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You obviously didn't read the whole post. I added that " blowing third reads wrong I know, I didn't mean losing it two in a row."

😂😂👍

49 minutes ago, Helter Skelter said:

We’re lucky to have him.

👍👍has been the case for 2/3 years. 

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Helter Skelter said:

We’re lucky to have him.

Jury is out, but recruitment issue has been the case the last 2 seasons.

He didn’t say we didn’t.  He said of the candidates they were left with Naismith was the lowest risk candidate. 

Hmmm well it’s just another way of saying we couldn’t get anyone better. Whatever way it’s framed, it’s still concerning. Mind you, more days like today and we can put the whole discussion to bed and eat a slice of humble pie.

Broken tea cups lying all over the place at Riccarton this week by all accounts. About fecking time the home truths finally got through. Got to capitalise on that today though. That’s the next step up the ladder

Edited by JimmyCant

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmm well it’s just another way of saying we couldn’t get anyone better. Whatever way it’s framed, it’s still concerning. Mind you, more days like today and we can put the whole discussion to bed and eat a slice of humble pie.

Broken tea cups lying all over the place at Riccarton this week by all accounts. About fecking time the home truths finally got through. Got to capitalise on that today though. That’s the next step up the ladder

It’s really concerning and a real concern for us and Scottish football given Aberdeen confirmed they had the same problem. 
Yes, yesterdays training session was fiestier than normal for Friday. Good.  They needed a kick up the rear. Today set a standard for effort and application for me.  Can work on the nice stuff next week. 

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Jury is out, but recruitment issue has been the case the last 2 seasons.

I think the jury is back in. Savage declared himself guilty which surprised me. We signed what ? 6 or 7 last window. One of them gets pass marks, and from what we’ve seen of the rest to date, they’re not good enough and on top of that we still had a glaring shortage in two key areas.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I think the jury is back in. Savage declared himself guilty which surprised me. We signed what ? 6 or 7 last window. One of them gets pass marks, and from what we’ve seen of the rest to date, they’re not good enough and on top of that we still had a glaring shortage in two key areas.

Yep, guilty as charged cut short by a change of plea 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s really concerning and a real concern for us and Scottish football given Aberdeen confirmed they had the same problem. 
Yes, yesterdays training session was fiestier than normal for Friday. Good.  They needed a kick up the rear. Today set a standard for effort and application for me.  Can work on the nice stuff next week. 

I believe some players were a bit shocked by the anger Naismith showed after the Aberdeen defeat and in the early sessions this week. Apparently took half a dozen aside on Tuesday as a group and told them if they wanted to have their contracts paid up and leave in January he would make it happen and if not they better be able to step up etc etc

14 hours ago, Helter Skelter said:

We’re lucky to have him.

This in spades!

pettigrewsstylist
11 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I believe some players were a bit shocked by the anger Naismith showed after the Aberdeen defeat and in the early sessions this week. Apparently took half a dozen aside on Tuesday as a group and told them if they wanted to have their contracts paid up and leave in January he would make it happen and if not they better be able to step up etc etc

Interesting. Well done SN if accurate.

On 16/12/2023 at 12:48, Hashimoto said:

This.....It's not as if the Hearts job is a poison chalice. Hearts managers get more rope than others, especially under Budge.

Far too easy to say the pool of applicants was poor. And the other thing. I'm not buying into this Scottish fitbaw, league stuff is crap and will not attract suitable candidates.

Teams in Norway, Sweden seem to attract decent managers, coaches nae bother. They play in front of about 6,000 fans on artificial surfaces. Punch well above their weight.

The problem regarding recruitment is deeply rooted with this board.      

They tend to attract managers, coaches with little or no experience or significant track record, and give them a chance. The ones that are highly successful then tend to go onto much bigger jobs than us. If Hearts appointed someone with the track record that Potter or Cifuentes had when they went to Scandinavia, the same folk moaning about us appointing Naismith would be going apoplectic about appointing them. The success of these appointments in Scandinavia is actually a glowing endorsement of the idea of giving someone like Naismith a chance.

On 18/12/2023 at 23:24, FarmerTweedy said:

They tend to attract managers, coaches with little or no experience or significant track record, and give them a chance. The ones that are highly successful then tend to go onto much bigger jobs than us. If Hearts appointed someone with the track record that Potter or Cifuentes had when they went to Scandinavia, the same folk moaning about us appointing Naismith would be going apoplectic about appointing them. The success of these appointments in Scandinavia is actually a glowing endorsement of the idea of giving someone like Naismith a chance.

Yes, agreed! In hindsight if things continue to progress and we build on the success from Glasgow last week then I'm sure everything will be fine.

However, I'm not getting carried away! Last week was brilliant and a real plus point on Naismith's CV, long may it continue! Big test still to come with a couple of tricky fixtures coming up and if he can put a bit space between Hearts and the rest of the pack for 3rd place then I'm sure the noise will die down.