14 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Gordon

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Natty Hoff Beni Cochrane

Lowry

Shanks Oda

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 3

This for me

Aberdeen are a wounded animal the now so we have got to hurt them when their down. 1st goal is important!! A win on Satuday takes us 13 points ahead of Aberdeen.. couldn't care what anybody says they should never finish above us this season at that point and if they do the club needs a reshuffle 

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Third game in a week and just about 4 in a week (add 2 days) for them, legs are going to be a factor in this game. Would like a bit of energy in the team from Weds

Energy is fine.....if you try to use it, we most often don't! 3 Whippets 2nd half start Wed, made no difference!

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

Surprised how many have Gordon in their team - not a hope imo

It's a gamble I'd take mate.  Zander is giving me the fear these days.  Makes some great saves but struggles to deal with crosses into the box.  Think he rubs lard on the palms of his gloves.

27 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Gordon

Halkett

Kent 

Rowles

Sibbick

Denholm

Lowry

Mckay

Kingsley

Tagawa

Shankland

No Atkinson ? 

Ronald Villiers
11 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Energy is fine.....if you try to use it, we most often don't! 3 Whippets 2nd half start Wed, made no difference!

Hopefully the intelligence of McKay and Lowry can get the best out of the likes of Tagawa, Vargas and Oda.  Get Vargas and Oda running the channels and get the ball to them.  

Drylaw Hearts

If Aberdeen set-up their side like they did at ER then we need to play our most attack minded line-up….they are terrible at the back and leave gaps all over the place.

26 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not sure he’ll be fit, did he not go off at half time struggling?

Ah , I thought it was just precautionary or to not over exert himself 

6 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

When a team can't buy a win their manager looks to see when they have Hearts on the fixture list.

Saturday will be no different I reckon. ☹️

Yes, that’s why we lost to Livingston, Motherwell and St.Johnstone wasn’t it? 

41 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not sure he’ll be fit, did he not go off at half time struggling?

It was purely tactical.  Naismith wanted to add more pace second half (which he did but none of them got any balls to show it). 
He will be fine. It depends on how Naismith wants to set up from the start as to whether or not he’s in. May try same tactic but hopefully, if there is a change, the guys are teed up to make the most of it.  
may go at it from the start and poss drop Atkinson. Think I’d go press from the start. They don’t deserve the respect we showed Rangers.  

9 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

A narrow win for the sheep, always seem to raise their game against us at home

Guaranteed it will be physical match, Aberdeen won’t be shy leaving a boot in.

If we can compete on that level and don’t get anyone sent off, we might get a win

but I think it’s going to be difficult, there is a reason we have struggled up there for years.

Was looking at buying a ticket for this as can make it now and there's still tickets.

Anyone know if I was to phone the TO tomorrow they could email an e-ticket? Or does Aberdeen not have the scanners? 

Only option coming up is collection from Tynecastle online.

This is a crucial point to getting back on the rails. 

We’ve a bad habit in the past of an old firm defeat derailing us and we go on a poor run.

The players need to show the character and quality in these moments but if they don’t then you have to question them.  It’s as simple as that. 

You shouldn’t lose heart and desire after one defeat off a decent run previously. 

The Old Tolbooth

Aberdeen are second bottom, they could go bottom if they were playing anyone decent this weekend, but we all know what happens when we go up there and they’re needing a result, this is a fixture that the home teams win, and I’m not confident at all! 

21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Aberdeen are second bottom, they could go bottom if they were playing anyone decent this weekend, but we all know what happens when we go up there and they’re needing a result, this is a fixture that the home teams win, and I’m not confident at all! 

.....................also available for motivational speeches..................

periodictabledancer
4 hours ago, Ian Black 8 said:

Aberdeen are a wounded animal the now so we have got to hurt them when their down. 1st goal is important!! A win on Satuday takes us 13 points ahead of Aberdeen.. couldn't care what anybody says they should never finish above us this season at that point and if they do the club needs a reshuffle 

A chance to put one of our main competitors out of any chance of a Euro spot. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Berrassobad said:

.....................also available for motivational speeches..................

🤣

6 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Hopefully the intelligence of McKay and Lowry can get the best out of the likes of Tagawa, Vargas and Oda.  Get Vargas and Oda running the channels and get the ball to them.  

How many 'forwards' are we playing in that scenario? We play full backs that aren't, we play central defenders that aren't, we play short in midfield, we play full backs as wing backs, we play a No9 as a false no 10, we have wingers that are midfielders.....about the only player that knows his job is the goalie and his position is at risk of any mistake ffs!

5 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

How many 'forwards' are we playing in that scenario? We play full backs that aren't, we play central defenders that aren't, we play short in midfield, we play full backs as wing backs, we play a No9 as a false no 10, we have wingers that are midfielders.....about the only player that knows his job is the goalie and his position is at risk of any mistake ffs!

You’ve completely exaggerated your point. 

The 3-5-2 type formation we play at the moment won’t last though.  It doesn’t get enough of our good attacking players on the pitch 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

We’ve a bad habit in the past of an old firm defeat derailing us and we go on a poor run.

The players need to show the character and quality in these moments but if they don’t then you have to question them.  It’s as simple as that. 

You shouldn’t lose heart and desire after one defeat off a decent run previously. 

I don't think a defeat in Aberdeen throws up such questions.

Be good to win and be good to reverse the form in his fixture, but a defeat at Aberdeen doesn't mean you "have to question them" and doesn’t mean we've lost " heart and desire", imo a Very extreme reaction to a possible defeat.

9 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

You are correct, but the recent run shows this side are capable of putting it behind them. The 8 games shows exactly that. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The 3-5-2 type formation we play at the moment won’t last though.  It doesn’t get enough of our good attacking players on the pitch 

The loss of Halkett, Smith, Atkinson and Offiah and the subesquent suffleboard of Toby, Forrest, Vargas and even Oda has really hampered us down right hand side.

Paterson chat seems a lifetime ago.

As you say its impacts on our formation and style reach far beyond that one position, and result in not being able to play 4 at back with any confidence. This, in turn, reduces our midfield attacking options.

If we are generous we say Offiah might have come good, but recruitment in that area aint been a success story.

As for today, if we get in about them, they will crumble. Lets not let them settle into it when they are so vulnerable.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The loss of Halkett, Smith, Atkinson and Offiah and the subesquent suffleboard of Toby, Forrest, Vargas and even Oda has really hampered us down right hand side.

Paterson chat seems a lifetime ago.

As you say its impacts on our formation and style reach far beyond that one position, and result in not being able to play 4 at back with any confidence. This, in turn, reduces our midfield attacking options.

If we are generous we say Offiah might have come good, but recruitment in that area aint been a success story.

Agree. The only thing that makes sense is we were hoping Atkinson stayed fit until January window. I’ve convinced myself we have someone lined up in January, probably Handa.  

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
14 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Gordon

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Natty Hoff Beni Cochrane

Lowry

Shanks Oda

Aberdeen 1 Hearts 3

Would take 3-1 in a heartbeat! Hope you’re right 😎

6 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

I actually think we will smash them 3/4 nil... Robson sacked immediately after... 

I hope we come out the blocks like berserkers today. Right at them. Id maybe look at more of a 343 prrhaps to get Tagawa plus Oda or Vargas on the pitch for pure energy. It'll be a game with lots of second balls and i dont mind missing that 3rd midfielder cos Aberdeen bypass midfield anyway. Just a thought.

Its a definite in aboot them game. They'll be expecting that, but can ymthey handle it?

They've got some good players, but do did we in our demotion season, so did we last March/April. Form, confidence really matter. As does an awful coach and im 100% sure they have one of those. He'll likely be blaming everyone and everything. Not be surprised if his players hate the shit out of him!

15 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Gordon

Halkett

Kent 

Rowles

Sibbick

Denholm

Lowry

Mckay

Kingsley

Tagawa

Shankland

This, I hope, changing Denholm for the Hoff.

Edited by Bickfest

Ronald Villiers
8 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

I don't mean playing them all together mate.  I know what you mean, play players in their natural position.  

Well we are maybe due a change in front of the goal because 14 goals from 15 games does not indicate we are going to be knocking three or four goals past any team let alone away from home😂

15 hours ago, indianajones said:

They are shockingly bad but i cant see us winning up there for some reason. 

I feel like that too. It's probably a product of our poor recent record up there.

Although I wouldn't go so far as to say I CAN'T see us winning. More like I think the odds are against it happening. 

We have to win up there sometime though. And they are fragile just now. So today is as good a day as any. 

16 hours ago, indianajones said:

They are shockingly bad but i cant see us winning up there for some reason. 

I suspected this before I checked during the week.  This is a home win fixture.  14 home wins and 4 draws over 18 matches covering 6 years.  There was a flurry of away wins before that but it's been a strong home win fixture for years.

Edited by Victorian

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I don't think a defeat in Aberdeen throws up such questions.

Be good to win and be good to reverse the form in his fixture, but a defeat at Aberdeen doesn't mean you "have to question them" and doesn’t mean we've lost " heart and desire", imo a Very extreme reaction to a possible defeat.

It’s not extreme at all. Much is based on history and bad habits that fans are all too aware of and year after year and never seem to be rectified.

If anything, you want to see a performance and I’m the type of fan that can handle a defeat as long as I see hope. Many fans have that tolerance. 

To go out today and look well out of sorts wouldn’t send a hopeful message. 

HillmanHearts

Bookies have them favourites.

They are desperate.

We we have a shocking record there.

Shinnie will no doubt bully our midfield.

So aye, I’d take a draw.

However if we do perform well and if we do take all the points, it will be a big plus for Naismith in my book, as it’s a tougher ask than some believe it to be imo.

16 hours ago, Sooks said:

No Atkinson ? 

I would only have him on the bench. He was really poor against Sevco. Clearly his touch and control was off. For the goal it was his man that scored, he failed to track the runner and that is why Kingsley gave him a hard time.

15 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Bookies have them favourites.

They are desperate.

We we have a shocking record there.

Shinnie will no doubt bully our midfield.

So aye, I’d take a draw.

However if we do perform well and if we do take all the points, it will be a big plus for Naismith in my book, as it’s a tougher ask than some believe it to be imo.

They were 8/5 last night but in to 13/10 today.  

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You think!