• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• alicante jambo

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

Struggling to predict this one. They’re shite but there’s loads of times I thought we’d win up there then we got beat. 

I’ll guess 1-1. 

Big game. 

We could put them into a really bad place if we can win this one. Their fans have to be close to turning on the manager given their league position.

Just now, neilnunb said:

I just want to know one thing...

Is this a 'free hit'?

Aye.

For Aberdeen.

😊

Aberdeen are a tough team to predict this season but we should be confident going into this one, regardless if Robson has been given his jotters or not.

Our record at Pitoddrie must be pretty shite in recent seasons.

3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

we should be confident about winning on Saturday but my biggest concern is Aberdeen can’t possibly continue to be this bad.

They probably thought that in the six games before we launched Neilson

Watching them v Rangers and some of their European games they’ve looked very decent.

other games they’ve been utter dugmeat.

they raise their game against us so expecting a tough game. However I suppose it will come down to wether they want to throw yet another manager under the bus. Hes a clown and an arrogant one at that but these players after what they did to Goodwin will have no problem trying to save their own skins.

genuinely have not a clue what to expect.  We should win and I’d love nothing better than to put another nail in their coffin. 

3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Just had a look. Am I right in saying we haven't won up there in 10 years?

must be about right or certainly thereabouts. It’s up there with Ibrox and Parkhead for terrible records.  About time it was sorted out

6 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Just had a look. Am I right in saying we haven't won up there in 10 years?

We beat them 1-0 up there in May 2016.

Equally, May 2017 was the last time they beat us at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

We beat them 1-0 up there in May 2016.

Equally, May 2017 was the last time they beat us at Tynecastle.

You're right.

Ignore my post re the 3-1 being our last win.

2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

That's brutal! 

Last win was the season we were relegated. 

Ironically, when we were least likely to win up there.

Screenshot_20231207_000309_FotMob.jpg

Not got the data to hand mate but our record up there is shite recently . We have laid a few bogey team hoodoos to rest in recent seasons though , and this absolutely should be our next one . They are not great 

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not got the data to hand mate but our record up there is shite recently . We have laid a few bogey team hoodoos to rest in recent seasons though , and this absolutely should be our next one . They are not great 

They are not great as you say.

Both us and them are struggling to score goals this season so could be a dull affair. 

3 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

If we can get Boyce playing with Shankland we might score, but I think we will also concede.

1-1

When is Boyce back?

2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

They are not great as you say.

Both us and them are struggling to score goals this season so could be a dull affair. 

True :( 

vladisacoward
7 minutes ago, Hansel said:

When is Boyce back?

Not for a while with any luck. He’s been absolutely murder for far too long now.

They're shite.

We could potentially end their season with a win up there.

But our record at pittodrie is honking.

hopefully 3 points please 🙏 

They are shite. They are beyond shite. 

They are an absolutely nothing team that cling on to a good spell they had 40 years ago, and have been an utter irrelevance since then. 

They don't even have a proper neighbour to have a Derby with, so they cling on to rivalries with other teams round about them who literally do not care and reciprocate the feeling.  Tragic behaviour. 

They went balls deep in their Barry Robson experiment which seems to be Jim Goodwin 2.0, albeit without any of the charm of his predecessor.  No tactics, embarrassed in Europe, and sitting in the relegation playoff places. How the "mighty" have fallen. 

Let's get them absolutely pumped on Saturday, and really get the fear into them when Livingston turn over the Wee Team at the same time. 

Bottom of the league by 5pm on Saturday you say?  :sweeet:

I was at Pittodrie for a work thing tonight so annoyingly missed our game. 

Aberdeen were awful, as were Killie. 

If Robson is still there by Saturday I think we’ll win. 

The sheep fans are not happy and the players look frustrated. Reminded me of us in the 19/20 season. Trying hard but nothing happening. 

Great goal by Watson on 92 mins. 

I usually like to try and guess the side but I can’t even guess which keeper will start or which formation we’ll play. 

Halkett back at RCB if he’s ready?

A game we must take something from. I'd love to see Aberdeen go down because they cling onto the fact they've never been relegated from the top division like it's some sort of trophy. 

Wouldn't go in over confident it'll be a hard game, history isn't on our side up there. They are probably suffering from the same situation we are when teams sit in but can play a bit when its open. They are capable of a good performance as seen in Europe and at Ibrox. Easy to compare some of their performances to us, given we fell apart against Paok and shat it at Ibrox last 5 minutes. 

Would be happy with a point, Celtic is a right off, but we then go into 4 winnable league games to keep the good form going. 

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Watching them v Rangers and some of their European games they’ve looked very decent.

other games they’ve been utter dugmeat.

they raise their game against us so expecting a tough game. However I suppose it will come down to wether they want to throw yet another manager under the bus. Hes a clown and an arrogant one at that but these players after what they did to Goodwin will have no problem trying to save their own skins.

genuinely have not a clue what to expect.  We should win and I’d love nothing better than to put another nail in their coffin. 

Yes. They have the ability to raise their game. If our defence can do its job for 90 minutes,  unlike last night, we won't lose. Am still concerned about the paucity of goals in our team though. 

First time in over a decade I'm heading up for the game with my kids.

Usually games I've been to have been high scoring and seen us win a few times.

But going for 0-0 on sat as we're as shite as they are.

Bazzas right boot

Every game seems 50/50 atm, mo more so than this one.

One could Flip a coin to predict the winner.

2-1 Hearts, could easily go either way tho and it wouldn't surprise me no matter the score ( although 6-3 would surprise me).

Ex member of the SaS

We always seem to help teams desperate for a win so we need to get stuck in right away and score. Hopefully the weather won't be too bad and we can produce a decent result. Think they will either be up for it or not trying as they want rid of the manager, won't know until KO.

Best chance we’ve had up there for a while, they are absolutely rank rotten. Last year both times we went up there we were very much on a bad run of form. 
3 points please Hearts, stay in 3rd for another week and keep Aberdeen in the bottom 2. Perfect 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its got nil nil written all over it..

One we can agree on, its going to be brutal. Our slow possession based style against their run like headless chickens in straight lines. Neither team looking remotely sure of themselves, thankfully we at least have points on the board.

I would actually take that 0-0 too, its an improvement.

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

A must win game, 2-0 big team.

This has basically been said about every game the past couple of months 😴

A win would be a very good result for us pushing for 3rd. It's not a must win but they are there for the taking.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

This has basically been said about every game the past couple of months 😴

A win would be a very good result for us pushing for 3rd. It's not a must win but they are there for the taking.

A win would make life very difficult for them. A draw however on Saturday is no disaster, nor at the San Giro, though not beating them is always a disappointment in its own way

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

A win would make life very difficult for them. A draw however on Saturday is no disaster, nor at the San Giro, though not beating them is always a disappointment in its own way

Definitely. Just not getting the whole must win thing now. the last few fixtures we had in November were the must win games - and Naismith produced. I do think if we beat them on Sat they're dead and buried. Unless they make some quality signings in January they won't be near 3rd. A very poor side.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Aberdeen vs. Heart of Midlothian Thread ***