*** Official Aberdeen vs. Heart of Midlothian Thread ***

martoon

5 hours ago, Ked said:

That's the mark.

Although I'd say Shankland had improved since he signed.

Yes,the only one,more to do with shankland rather than the coaching.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• alicante jambo

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

14 minutes ago, Berrassobad said:

Similar. Just thawed out. 3 tickets, 3 suppers and petrol money at this time of year was a sore one. Wee ones getting a couple of signatures - priceless. A large whisky mac thrust into my paw with strict instructions of "get that down ye" - hey ho.

You guys are the backbone of our club.  Yes we will always support our club, but we have to get something back and at the  moment we're not.

Anyway I take my hat off to you.

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Changing the manager would make no difference whatsoever. This squad is dreadfully unbalanced. There is no creativity in the midfield, just a bunch of DMs who get nosebleeds at the thought of passing forwards. 

Disagree,leave it there.

34 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

You guys are the backbone of our club.  Yes we will always support our club, but we have to get something back and at the  moment we're not.

Anyway I take my hat off to you.

Cheers big man. Having woken up to sportscene theme tune im no sure about the backbone bit though - (hand reaches for remote) -  family guy or John Wick - I choose guns

Edited by Berrassobad
fingers dont work

Anyone got a good summarization of the match? haven't seen it yet, don't know if I can be arsed watching a last minute defeat to Aberdeen. Did we play alright or were we our usual boring selves?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Anyone got a good summarization of the match? haven't seen it yet, don't know if I can be arsed watching a last minute defeat to Aberdeen. Did we play alright or were we our usual boring selves?

Tbf 2st 20/25 mins we started the game well but after that we couldn't string 2 passes together and lost nearly every ist and 2nd ball 

16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The long ball works for Aberdeen.

It does. And they play it every single time we play them. So why don't we learn from it?

6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We were the better team for the first 20-30 mins. They came back into it towards the end of the first half and dominated the second half. We were terrible for long spells and they deserved the win.

The Old Tolbooth
On 08/12/2023 at 22:27, Berrassobad said:

.....................also available for motivational speeches..................

I hate to say I told you so but….. 

2 hours ago, ballybee111 said:

It does. And they play it every single time we play them. So why don't we learn from it?

That's what happens when you have players with a lack of pace such as Kingsley and Cochrane etc.

The only players we have with pace are brainless in Oda, Tagawa and Vargas.

As much as I hate to say it when you look at players like Boyle at Hibs he can use his pace to great effect and can find the right pass to play in his team mates unlike us.

Our recruitment is terrible and Naismith is proving that he has not got what it takes to set up his team and motivate them.

We got rid of Robbie and if truth be known the way we are playing just now you would be excused for thinking Robbie was still managing the team.

Edited by wavydavy

1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

We were the better team for the first 20-30 mins. They came back into it towards the end of the first half and dominated the second half. We were terrible for long spells and they deserved the win.

Cheers, saves me the chore of watching the predictable. I swear I must be having de ja vu as I have heard that a few times this season.

7 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Tbf 2st 20/25 mins we started the game well but after that we couldn't string 2 passes together and lost nearly every ist and 2nd ball 

3 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I was unable to follow the game due to a family get-together, so thanks for that. I noticed that we had 7 bookings and heard SN complaining we were bullied, that doesn't figure. 

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

I was unable to follow the game due to a family get-together, so thanks for that. I noticed that we had 7 bookings and heard SN complaining we were bullied, that doesn't figure. 

A decent chunk of our bookings were for professional/cynical fouls used to break up the play when they were countering. I can't remember any of the decisions sticking out as being unfair.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

That was Naismith‘s roundabout way of saying that when we play the ball out of defence there is currently not one midfield or forward player with the exception of Shankland (who generally had a poor game yesterday) who has the skill or strength to hold the ball up consistently. Possession straight back to Aberdeen, who weren’t noticeably physical. They didn’t need to be.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That's what happens when you have players with a lack of pace such as Kingsley and Cochrane etc.

The only players we have with pace are brainless in Oda, Tagawa and Vargas.

As much as I hate to say it when you look at players like Boyle at Hibs he can use his pace to great effect and can find the right pass to play in his team mates unlike us.

Our recruitment is terrible and Naismith is proving that he has not got what it takes to set up his team and motivate them.

We got rid of Robbie and if truth be known the way we are playing just now you would be excused for thinking Robbie was still managing the team.

Yup so disappointing. Slow tippy tappy possession football going absolutely nowhere! Feckin sick of it! 

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

That was Naismith‘s roundabout way of saying that when we play the ball out of defence there is currently not one midfield or forward player with the exception of Shankland (who generally had a poor game yesterday) who has the skill or strength to hold the ball up consistently. Possession straight back to Aberdeen, who weren’t noticeably physical. They didn’t need to be.

Bit more than that (though I agree). Clark eventually kicks the ball up the park when we can’t manage to pass it out of defence then either Aberdeen player gets to the ball first or our player gets a touch only for Aberdeen player to get the second ball. How many times did we win a long ball and keep it? Aberdeen wanted it more.  

Just now, GinRummy said:

Bit more than that (though I agree). Clark eventually kicks the ball up the park when we can’t manage to pass it out of defence then either Aberdeen player gets to the ball first or our player gets a touch only for Aberdeen player to get the second ball. How many times did we win a long ball and keep it? Aberdeen wanted it more.  

Yes, fair.

11 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yes, fair.

Its the Aberdeen wanted it more that scunners me, we should be competing as much, if not more

than them, anything less is not acceptable, no wonder folk get pissed off.

This lot are on good money, work hard for it. 

Tell you what was another mind boggling decision by Naismith which I can’t see discussed elsewhere. Only taking 8 subs and telling Haring to stay in the hoose. Wtf was that about?

Now I get that big Pete is now on a downward trajectory and he’ll only be used in emergency. But seriously when we’re up against a hammer throwing Aberdeen side who are running over the top of us, who would you rather turn to for the last 15 mins to add a bit of calmness and dig? An experienced pro like Haring who’s proved more than capable of doing that job or Aidan Denholm? A young guy who might turn out to be decent but so far it looks very unlikely. 

18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Tell you what was another mind boggling decision by Naismith which I can’t see discussed elsewhere. Only taking 8 subs and telling Haring to stay in the hoose. Wtf was that about?

Now I get that big Pete is now on a downward trajectory and he’ll only be used in emergency. But seriously when we’re up against a hammer throwing Aberdeen side who are running over the top of us, who would you rather turn to for the last 15 mins to add a bit of calmness and dig? An experienced pro like Haring who’s proved more than capable of doing that job or Aidan Denholm? A young guy who might turn out to be decent but so far it looks very unlikely. 

But ds hearings legs have gone.hes even slower than the rest of the team .and that's saying something.

20 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

But ds hearings legs have gone.hes even slower than the rest of the team .and that's saying something.

That’s definitely true and we need better midfielders not only to start games but also better options from the bench. But at this moment in time we are where we are and Peter Haring is a far far superior player than Aidan Denholm and we absolutely would have been better off having him as an option on Saturday. 

Just another strange decision that makes no sense. 

24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

That’s definitely true and we need better midfielders not only to start games but also better options from the bench. But at this moment in time we are where we are and Peter Haring is a far far superior player than Aidan Denholm and we absolutely would have been better off having him as an option on Saturday. 

Fair enough

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

It also makes no sense in that you're actively going out your way to piss off a senior player, who'll be respected in the dressing room.

If we had a full compliment of players and he's not involved, fair enough. To actively leave him out when there's space to involve him, regardless of whether you intend to use him, is odd. Getting the distinct feeling Naismith is trying to make himself look strong, but it can backfire.

pettigrewsstylist
On 10/12/2023 at 08:53, ballybee111 said:

Always learning. According to Halkett we need to learn not to bottle it now, geezo!

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

It also makes no sense in that you're actively going out your way to piss off a senior player, who'll be respected in the dressing room.

If we had a full compliment of players and he's not involved, fair enough. To actively leave him out when there's space to involve him, regardless of whether you intend to use him, is odd. Getting the distinct feeling Naismith is trying to make himself look strong, but it can backfire.

Always thought SN and PH looked like they got on ok.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Always thought SN and PH looked like they got on ok.

So did I, but that's an odd move is it not? Maybe different having to be the boss obviously but Naismith confirmed it was a "selection" issue. So the only thing can be he's decided not to select him, but why?

Can't see Pete being anything but professional off the park.

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

So did I, but that's an odd move is it not? Maybe different having to be the boss obviously but Naismith confirmed it was a "selection" issue. So the only thing can be he's decided not to select him, but why?

Can't see Pete being anything but professional off the park.

Presumed Atkinson was in Aberdeen already once became unwell? 

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I think so yeah. 

So full squad travelled, unless i cant count, which is possible. Pete was down road as he wasnt in squad that travelled? Can only think big mans legs getting him carded in a scrap.

I like Pete, but he doesnt have Hoffs legs.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

So full squad travelled, unless i cant count, which is possible. Pete was down road as he wasnt in squad that travelled? Can only think big mans legs getting him carded in a scrap.

I like Pete, but he doesnt have Hoffs legs.

Why wasn't he in the travelling squad though? The squad that travels is always bigger than those named in the lineup and bench in case of issues such as illness or late injury. Not even taking him in the travelling party seems a bit weird. 

25 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Why wasn't he in the travelling squad though? The squad that travels is always bigger than those named in the lineup and bench in case of issues such as illness or late injury. Not even taking him in the travelling party seems a bit weird. 

should be going to cheer on the team, maybe im over thinking this😕

We_are_the_Hearts
On 10/12/2023 at 10:26, grumpyespana said:

Personally the players need to have a good look at the way they are performing not the manager.

Spot on bunch of soft, work shy charlatan pussies, what a shit squad we have assembled. Some of the basic mistakes and lack of application on Saturday was embarrassing. 

On 10/12/2023 at 09:03, LogicalEric said:

No surprise to us getting done with a ball in behind the left back area. Always look vulnerable.

If I had a pound for every time I have seen Kye Rowles or Alex Cochrane get done by a long ball over their head I'd have.......quite a lot of pounds. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Wasnt aware travelling squad was bigger than reqd but makes sense. Yip, bit weird then.

Well done to the boys I am in shock, along with most of KB probably! I just cannot believe that result amazing stuff. I think this result shows just how fickle both fans and fooball players can be. That result just may have cemented SN's position at Hearts for this season at least. Great to see our Craigie turning over the hibs too perfect weekend 😁 I am going out tonight to a birthday party too oh F'k sair heid the morra !