• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• alicante jambo

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

must be about right or certainly thereabouts. It’s up there with Ibrox and Parkhead for terrible records.  About time it was sorted out

Like a lot of things.....about time sorted eh! We drift along changing managers and players yet are getting the same results and performances. Beats the shit out of me!

If Robson hasn't already gone by the weekend we've got the opportunity here to end his stint. I'm more confident about going up there this time than I normally am. I'm going with 1-3 and Tagawa to get on the scoresheet.

I'm I also the only one who thought we actually played OK last night against a tough team? Frustrating result but we kept possession well at times and defended well for the most part. If we can find goals from somewhere other than just Shankland we're in a good place.

We need to be wary of the long ball for Miovski to chase - he has some speed and a great finisher.

Either over or through our defensive line.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We are better than them, we can’t go up there and be passive, get. Bullied like we usually do. 

got to dominate the game.  

Exact opposite, they cant seem to win unless they have less than 30% possession. Give the ball to them they dont have a clue what to do.

6 minutes ago, BRY said:

We need to be wary of the long ball for Miovski to chase - he has some speed and a great finisher.

Does he have some speed? Not watched him a massive amount of times but seemed a bit slow to me. Maybe just me getting the wrong games where he didn’t have the chance to show his pace. 

4 minutes ago, BRY said:

They only need watch our highlights from last night for inspiration then! As for 'goals' for us, someone needs to actually move into space/ look for a pass from mid-field and the mid-field need to grow a pair and take responsibility rather than the normal sideways or back. 3 whippets at start of 2nd half, strung along a fairly fixed line, no interchanging, little options provided as they stand next to the opposition and no breakthrough balls. I have no idea why everyone seems so scared to take the ball, commit a man and beat him then find a decent pass cross for no one to chase down! Not fit enough for me, not expansive enough, not brave enough.....recipe football!

Just now, GinRummy said:

Does he have some speed? Not watched him a massive amount of times but seemed a bit slow to me. Maybe just me getting the wrong games where he didn’t have the chance to show his pace. 

It's exactly how he scored against Sevco last week.

In fact, they had a similar chance for Sokler (long ball through/over the top) which was just saved by Butland

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Gordon

Halkett Kent Rowles

Atkinson Beni Devlin Cochrane 

Lowry

Tagawa Shanks

1-3 to the good guys.

Atkinson was blowing out his erse last night, awful touch and panic when it broke down! Beni's touch was off too!

Aberdeen are under a lot of pressure going in to this after recent results and currently sitting second bottom.  We need to be at it from the start as they will undoubtedly come flying out the traps.  Recent trend has favoured the home team in this fixture but hopefully we can buck that trend.  A draw wouldn't be the worst result.

Edited by TexasAndy

11 minutes ago, BRY said:

It's exactly how he scored against Sevco last week.

In fact, they had a similar chance for Sokler (long ball through/over the top) which was just saved by Butland

Didn’t see it. Must’ve been the games I have seen him in, maybe marked by a quick defender or something. Was just quite surprised by what you said but you’ll no doubt be right. 

14 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Atkinson was blowing out his erse last night, awful touch and panic when it broke down! Beni's touch was off too!

He’s been out for months. If he’s fit enough to start on Saturday I’d start him as well. He’s our only right back and will need games to get up to speed. 

Edited by GinRummy

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Official Aberdeen vs. Heart of Midlothian Thread ***
5 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Home win or draw. 

Hearts Hearts Typical Hearts. 

🤣

😂😅🤣 Something tells me you've been following Hearts for a while. Expect nothing and hope for the best is the best policy.

You're right about the typical Hearts part 😊

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s been out for months. If he’s fit enough to start on Saturday I’d start him as well. He’s our only right back and will need games to get up to speed. 

Yep. For it being his first game back I thought he did well. 

29 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Exact opposite, they cant seem to win unless they have less than 30% possession. Give the ball to them they dont have a clue what to do.

That does seem to be the case.  😄

36 minutes ago, RS86 said:

If Robson hasn't already gone by the weekend we've got the opportunity here to end his stint. I'm more confident about going up there this time than I normally am. I'm going with 1-3 and Tagawa to get on the scoresheet.

I'm I also the only one who thought we actually played OK last night against a tough team? Frustrating result but we kept possession well at times and defended well for the most part. If we can find goals from somewhere other than just Shankland we're in a good place.

I felt we did ok.  Equally, they could've scored 5 if they hadn't passed up some clear cut chances and we might be looking at it differently.  We only really made the 1 clear cut chance, and a couple of half chances.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, davemclaren said:

Credit where its due, they have done a remarkable job of scoring goals off less than 30% of the ball in Europe and even managed to convince their fanboys in the BBC they are the "great entertainers" :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

I felt we did ok.  Equally, they could've scored 5 if they hadn't passed up some clear cut chances and we might be looking at it differently.  We only really made the 1 clear cut chance, and a couple of half chances.

They seemed to create a good few chances on the counter last night, what Aberdeen will want to do against us, I'm all up for parking the bus for this one, our defence is not bad bar the brain fart or two

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Credit where its due, they have done a remarkable job of scoring goals off less than 30% of the ball in Europe and even managed to convince their fanboys in the BBC they are the "great entertainers" :lol:

They have pace up front so hitting on the break suits them better it seems.  

43 minutes ago, RS86 said:

My Dons fan mate on the group chat last night was adamant he has to go, I can't believe that chat.  The Thursday Sunday Euro curse, his call was Lennon until the end of the season!

Gordon

Atkinson     Kent   Rowles   Kingsley

Beni   Lowry

Oda      Shankland  Tagawa

Vargas

Go all out attack and pump them.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

that’s it exactly, maybe we sit deeper, use shanks, oda, tagawa on the break 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Gordon

Atkinson     Kent   Rowles   Kingsley

Beni   Lowry

Oda      Shankland  Tagawa

Vargas

Go all out attack and pump them.

Madness maybe but I'd actually take Beni out for this one, thought he looked like a freshen up would do some good last night, they ran circles round him. Perhaps a rest for a couple of games, bring him back for Christmas.

Doubt we will see Atkinson, looked crestfallen coming off at half time, 4th official had to hold back to usher him off with his head in his jersey, brittle player unfortunately, tough gig first back, but he fell in a hole big time last 15 mins of the half. I'd play Denholm in this one, Shinnie is getting old Denholm will run him off the park

Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Madness maybe but I'd actually take Beni out for this one, thought he looked like a freshen up would do some good last night, they ran circles round him. Perhaps a rest for a couple of games, bring him back for Christmas.

Doubt we will see Atkinson, looked crestfallen coming off at half time, 4th official had to hold back to usher him off with his head in his jersey, brittle player unfortunately, tough gig first back, but he fell in a hole big time last 15 mins of the half. I'd play Denholm in this one, Shinnie is getting old Denholm will run him off the park

It's Aberdeen though not Rangers, Beni will cope just fine. Not sure he needs a rest, more game time if anything for me so he gets back up to full speed and sharpness. 

Have to agree I'd probably go with Denholm in at RB, unless we play Kingsley there and put Cochrane on the left. Not ideal but options aren't great at the minute.

Quite positive about this one. They are absolutely pish and our away form is the best in years. Defence is reasonably solid too. Not sure where the goals will come from mind you. Maybe we’ll finally get that elusive penalty at the 16th time of asking?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's Aberdeen though not Rangers, Beni will cope just fine. Not sure he needs a rest, more game time if anything for me so he gets back up to full speed and sharpness. 

Have to agree I'd probably go with Denholm in at RB, unless we play Kingsley there and put Cochrane on the left. Not ideal but options aren't great at the minute.

Very true, and unlike March where they had 2 weeks prep for us and freshness, this will be their 4th game in 9 days. That could be another reason for Denholms energy? I guess I just want to see some running in our team

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Very true, and unlike March where they had 2 weeks prep for us and freshness, this will be their 4th game in 9 days. That could be another reason for Denholms energy? I guess I just want to see some running in our team

Yeah I'd be happy enough with him filling in there. Gives him another opportunity to show what he can do. Not really a better time for it.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

My Dons fan mate on the group chat last night was adamant he has to go, I can't believe that chat.  The Thursday Sunday Euro curse, his call was Lennon until the end of the season!

They're second bottom.....

Look at the chat on here when we dropped from 3rd to 4th, or after European defeats from the likes of Fiorentina last season or our slow Start this season. 

That chat is very believable!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
41 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We picked up 13 from 21 following European matches, St Mirren was P-P because the death of Liz and we won that 1-0. And it was a tougher schedule due to Qatar too. Nah, not giving them the curse!

2 hours ago, Jambo61 said:

Like a lot of things.....about time sorted eh! We drift along changing managers and players yet are getting the same results and performances. Beats the shit out of me!

We have broken the Kilmarnock and St Johnstone hoodoos . No reason why we can not get rid of this one too . Should never have been allowed to get to the stage it has tbh

2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Story of our season so far the lack of chances in the final third really.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

The chat on the radio last night on the way home was, he will get till after the LC final, I suppose that’s only fair. I only care that we gub them on Saturday.

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It's actually true.  The games they've done mildly OK in have been against Rangers and a couple of times in Europe.  Basically teams better than them.  They soak them up and hit long balls.  The end.  Well, the end except mention of the luck - teams seem to miss big chances against them.

So, stick or twist?  There's probably a happy medium tbh.  Tempting to move the backline back a few yards in starting position but then that can pull your midfield back too and make that harder.  It's a game I wish we had Cammy for, that's for sure.  It'll be lots of second balls and attrition and Shinnie trying to referee it.  Wee Cam noising it up in there is perfect.

13 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

They're shite.

We could potentially end their season with a win up there.

They play in the League Cup Final next week!! 

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's actually true.  The games they've done mildly OK in have been against Rangers and a couple of times in Europe.  Basically teams better than them.  They soak them up and hit long balls.  The end.  Well, the end except mention of the luck - teams seem to miss big chances against them.

So, stick or twist?  There's probably a happy medium tbh.  Tempting to move the backline back a few yards in starting position but then that can pull your midfield back too and make that harder.  It's a game I wish we had Cammy for, that's for sure.  It'll be lots of second balls and attrition and Shinnie trying to referee it.  Wee Cam noising it up in there is perfect.

We had that luck last night as well tbf.  Didn't take advantage.

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

We had that luck last night as well tbf.  Didn't take advantage.

Oh absolutely, I thought that while typing but Aberdeen seem to get that every time they get a result - barring perhaps against Hibs last week when it was the other way round.

I may be wrong, but every time I see Aberdeen, it's them giving up big chances and in the games they win its because the opposition miss and they score from a punt!  Was same in their "run" last season.

We seem to get punished for every mistake we make (until last night when we got away with a couple, but then so did Rangers tbf)

I'd stick with the same formation and majority of the grafters.   We have no need to rush this game.  Patience, graft and discipline is what I'm looking for.  Score two golden chances or a penalty and a lucky deflection. 

Possession is key for the most part.   They will get frustrated if they're not getting anything.  They have to try get something out of this match.  I expect bookings, considering the referee.   Just keep the ball, keep the the heads, compete and it will come good. 

For rotation I'd go Gordon, Halkett / Rowles or Kingsley, probably Rowles. 

1-2 ♥️

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh absolutely, I thought that while typing but Aberdeen seem to get that every time they get a result - barring perhaps against Hibs last week when it was the other way round.

I may be wrong, but every time I see Aberdeen, it's them giving up big chances and in the games they win its because the opposition miss and they score from a punt!  Was same in their "run" last season.

We seem to get punished for every mistake we make (until last night when we got away with a couple, but then so did Rangers tbf)

If we're being honest, Rangers got away with 1.  We created 1 clear cut chance (cochrane), and a couple of half chances (shankland, same move as cochranes, vargas shot, and Tagawas miss the ball moment).  That was the sum total.

1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

If we're being honest, Rangers got away with 1.  We created 1 clear cut chance (cochrane), and a couple of half chances (shankland, same move as cochranes, vargas shot, and Tagawas miss the ball moment).  That was the sum total.

Agree.  But it was a bloody big one!  At nil nil, first big chance of the game.  Many of Rangers' ones came at 1-0 when we're needing to take more risks.  At least one was offside too I think so duzny count!!!

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agree.  But it was a bloody big one!  At nil nil, first big chance of the game.  Many of Rangers' ones came at 1-0 when we're needing to take more risks.  At least one was offside too I think so duzny count!!!

agree goals do change games, and take that chance couldve changed things.  

portobellojambo1

I'd love to be wrong and we go up to Aberdeen on Saturday and play  on the front foot to, at the minimum, get a draw or maybe come home with all 3 points. But something keeps rattling about im my head saying Aberdeen need the points as they are slipping down the league and Hearts seem to be a team other clubs like to play against in such circumstances.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd love to be wrong and we go up to Aberdeen on Saturday and play  on the front foot to, at the minimum, get a draw or maybe come home with all 3 points. But something keeps rattling about im my head saying Aberdeen need the points as they are slipping down the league and Hearts seem to be a team other clubs like to play against in such circumstances.

Every team thinks that. 

Ronald Villiers
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He's got decent speed mate.  He makes intelligent runs and more often than not they lump it over the top for him to run on to.  Hopefully Rowles and Kent will be all over him on Saturday.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Even if not actually ready/ confident? How far back might that send him as the crowd get on his back?

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

We have broken the Kilmarnock and St Johnstone hoodoos . No reason why we can not get rid of this one too . Should never have been allowed to get to the stage it has tbh

I'd hold back on declaring a new dawn given we scraped victories, no matter how welcome!

Gordon   

?    Halkett.  Kent.  Rowles.   Kingsley

A decent RWB and that's a pretty solid back 5/3.