*****Official Heart of Midlothian v Rangers Match Thread *****

David66k

Looking forward to this one on the back of four wins! 

Looking for some help r.e. a ticket reference...I've got enough points to get myself a ticket but as with the semi-final (before points eventually lowered...), unable to bring my dad as he sits below 15 points, any help with a booking reference I could borrow would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot_20231202_174715_com.android.chrome_edit_158237243397728.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Buster HMFC

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Guaranteed Penalty to Rangers if we start well.

Which Glasgow officials are lined up for this fixture?

Collum.

Heart of Midlothian F.C. vRangers F.C.
cinch Premiership
 06/12/2023  8:00pm  Tynecastle Park
Referee:William Collum
AR1 Calum Spence
AR2 Jonathan Bell
Fourth Official Euan Anderson
VAR Steven McLean
AVAR Gary Hilland

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

We will park the bus and hope for the best.

That’s what we all wanted a few weeks ago . A manager who knew how to get results 🤣 McInness Robinson know how to grind out wins we were told 🤣

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

We cant do that against decent sides though - even against dross like Killie we concede chances that better sides take.

Rangers aren't even that good, if we go toe to toe with them as other clubs have done in recent weeks we can take something.

They rely heavily on the likes of Tavernier for goals as they have absolutely nothing on their front line so we need to be positive.

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Seriously hope not. We should be playing with two strikers and have a real go. As we should for every home game. 

1 hour ago, Regular John said:

Rangers aren't even that good, if we go toe to toe with them as other clubs have done in recent weeks we can take something.

They rely heavily on the likes of Tavernier for goals as they have absolutely nothing on their front line so we need to be positive.

Disagree tbh, I really rate Sima, and Danilo looks decent. The fact we don't have a recognised RB available means they could hurt us down that side. Toby struggled against him in the semi final. We need somebody in front of Toby that can provide some cover. 

Hope we really have a go at them though, sit back and we will be asking for trouble. 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

No point turning up.  Result already decided.

Makes you wonder.  I can’t remember the last time we had a non west coast official referee a game we have had against either of the arse cheeks.

For me we have two weak areas. Left side in front of Cochrane(he looked exposed today and didn't cope very well tbh) and without a recognised RB or RWB, we can be hurt on that side too. (Sibbick in the semi looked uncomfortable). 

What options do we have? 

A back 4 of Sibbick, Kent, Rowles and Kingsley? Cochrane in front of Kingsley? 

I hope both players have the games of their lives because we will need them to. Without McKay, without Lowry, who else can play on the left? A back four would allow us to drop Grant for Cochrane. 

I think we could get away with two in the middle. Rangers don't seem to hurt us in there as much as Celtic do. Any two from Beni, Devlin and Hoff. Probably Forrest on the right for his work rate in front of Sibbick. 

Two up front with Tagawa leading the line, but we must play it into space for him. Shanks will need to drop a bit to link play in my view. 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

keep Toby Sibbick clear of the team if we want to do win any kind of point (s)

Who else would you play in that position? He's a better defender than both Oda and Forrest. We don't have any other option. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Who else would you play in that position? He's a better defender than both Oda and Forrest. We don't have any other option. 

It’s a good point, I forget we literally have no one else. Really need to get the finger out for this transfer window and get deals done as early as possible. Right and Left back required

10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

keep Toby Sibbick clear of the team if we want to do win any kind of point (s)

Toby was good today.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Toby was good today.

Yes I thought so too. I rate Sima highly, so Toby will need to start against Rangers I think. He needs some protection in front of him too, hence why I think a back 4 might be the answer. At least to start with. 

I think we keep the same shape as it’s been working. We have ended up finding a system that suits the players we have (with RWB the exception) 3 solid defenders at the back, 3 in the middle to stop them dominating the middle of the park, and 2 up top which suits Shankland better as he’s been far more effective with a partner. 

we must be a due a result against them, let’s hope it’s Wednesday night. 

4 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

I think we keep the same shape as it’s been working. We have ended up finding a system that suits the players we have (with RWB the exception) 3 solid defenders at the back, 3 in the middle to stop them dominating the middle of the park, and 2 up top which suits Shankland better as he’s been far more effective with a partner. 

we must be a due a result against them, let’s hope it’s Wednesday night. 

Yes shape has been working, but it has looked a bit suspect at times against lesser opponents on both flanks. I think Rangers know that. They targeted the rb area a lot in the semi final. Toby looked uncomfortable, but having Oda or Forrest pinned back in that area gives me the fear. 

The start of a really tricky 3 fixtures. Take something here and we go to pittodrie with a bit of swagger. Rewind back a month ago and it’s hard to believe we’d be going into a game against the old firm with a real sense of belief. We absolutely can beat them 

Butterbean1874

Don't know why but we never turn up when Sevco come a calling at Tynie doest matter how good we're playing or how crappie they are u just know what's gonna happen 

This is the game that Naismith can win the majority of hearts fans over, if he can somehow find a way to get a result against the huns in any way shape or form then the good will that will follow could be invaluable for him.

Let's see what he and the team are really made of? hopefully it's not another dull showing and easy win for Rangers.

alicante jambo

Cant see us getting anything. We were really unlucky at ibrox they were never scoring till the pull by haring which led to the penalty. Rangers are fast and direct though and we just cant cope with that. Fingers crossed but it will be 2 nill them.

9 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Cant see us getting anything. We were really unlucky at ibrox they were never scoring till the pull by haring which led to the penalty. Rangers are fast and direct though and we just cant cope with that. Fingers crossed but it will be 2 nill them.

It's about time we were giving that lot a game of it at Tynecastle. Sick of just rolling over. They are nowt special. 

I fancy us to get something out of this. 

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Shankland

Vargas

1-1. 

alicante jambo
21 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

It's about time we were giving that lot a game of it at Tynecastle. Sick of just rolling over. They are nowt special. 

I hear you loud and clear brother but neither are we. You never know we might get a good result. A draw i would be delighted with.

Looking forward to this but looking for some help r.e. a ticket reference...I've got enough points to get myself a ticket but as with the semi-final (before points eventually lowered...), unable to bring my dad as he sits below 15 points, any help with a booking reference I could borrow would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot_20231202_174715_com.android.chrome_edit_158237243397728.jpg

9 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

I hear you loud and clear brother but neither are we. You never know we might get a good result. A draw i would be delighted with.

Id be more than happy with a draw as that would be progress on recent previous showings. 

Their recent game against Aberdeen shows they are venerable. We need to be aggressive and not allow them to dominate the game.

If we are passive they will do us again.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

What minute are they getting the penalty then? 

On the other hand to throw us off the  scent the officials may just go for a few early Hearts bookings. Gives them the option of a sending  off if we're still in the game 2nd half. Mix and match you know.  

I’m planning to get in early, when the referee is doing his warm up in front of section D, I’m hoping to get a tip on when Der hun are getting their penalty, you know? Get a sneaky bet in pre kick off.;)

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

No point turning up.  Result already decided.

He’ll undoubtedly be under instructions from his GFA paymasters to ensure that the “exciting” two horse title race continues.   

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Id be more than happy with a draw as that would be progress on recent previous showings. 

Lers be honest we did do well in the game at ibrox. They were never scoring in that game.

alicante jambo

Would deffo play tagawa. Hes fast as feck and solid. Its what we need to do go at them but lets not get picked off. We must keep the ball far too often against them scumbags we literally just give them the ball or kick it anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Shankland

Tagawa