• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Buster HMFC

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Their recent game against Aberdeen shows they are venerable. We need to be aggressive and not allow them to dominate the game.

If we are passive they will do us again.

Venerable they're not! Glasgow Rangers, you let...

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Shankland

Tagawa

Yep, if we are sticking with the same formation, that's the team I'd start with. 

if we go 4 at the back it needs to be 4 across the back, we need our full backs to stay wide not this tucking in nonsense, we did not contest wide areas against Celtic at home and gave them freedom to rip us apart. Our pitch is narrow and it's not difficult cover the width. On the face of it we are defending well but rode our luck yesterday, the rest of December will be a  different challenge. If our midfield was doing more it would ask less of defenders and let them do their job. There is no good reason why we cannot give this Rangers team a decent game.

pettigrewsstylist

I dont give much credit for the dead rubber at Ipox post split, but not nothing. I thought we broke their lines well, in the first half, this season, in same fixture and that stemmed their dominance and flow. 

Worryingly, yesterday we seemed to go back to ball watching on too many set plays and are lucky Killie didnt captitalise on any of them. I can think of at least 3 occassions yesterday from set plays when i thought better team punishes us easily there.

I think SN will struggle to justify breaking up the 3 CBs and losing a man in midfield after last 4 results. That said, the space left and right of them is a problem against better opposition like Tavernier.

I think we need to defend from the front and Boyce being injured and Lowry unavailable may force that decision to partner Shanks with Tagawa. He done enough in 30 mins yesterday to show he can play on shoulder of last man thro middle.

From memory only,Vargas hasnt offered anything against them other than workrate.

Im caught in 2 minds over this starting 11 or shape tbh.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Texaco said:

On the other hand to throw us off the  scent the officials may just go for a few early Hearts bookings. Gives them the option of a sending  off if we're still in the game 2nd half. Mix and match you know.  

Nailed it. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Shankland

Tagawa

Could easily see it. Think SN likes to "stay in a game" tho and then bring pace on later for most effect.

Game like this could see you dead and buried by then of course.

19 hours ago, David66k said:

Looking forward to this one on the back of four wins! 

Looking for some help r.e. a ticket reference...I've got enough points to get myself a ticket but as with the semi-final (before points eventually lowered...), unable to bring my dad as he sits below 15 points, any help with a booking reference I could borrow would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot_20231202_174715_com.android.chrome_edit_158237243397728.jpg

I will not be going to this game (too late and too far for a midweek game), so my seat will be available. I have never used ticket exchange before, but the website says it only applies to sold-out matches, and following the instructions doesn't allow me to indicate in any way that I won't be there. Are you saying that you can't buy a ticket for your dad because it's a sell-out? 

16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I dont give much credit for the dead rubber at Ipox post split, but not nothing. I thought we broke their lines well, in the first half, this season, in same fixture and that stemmed their dominance and flow. 

Worryingly, yesterday we seemed to go back to ball watching on too many set plays and are lucky Killie didnt captitalise on any of them. I can think of at least 3 occassions yesterday from set plays when i thought better team punishes us easily there.

I think SN will struggle to justify breaking up the 3 CBs and losing a man in midfield after last 4 results. That said, the space left and right of them is a problem against better opposition like Tavernier.

I think we need to defend from the front and Boyce being injured and Lowry unavailable may force that decision to partner Shanks with Tagawa. He done enough in 30 mins yesterday to show he can play on shoulder of last man thro middle.

From memory only,Vargas hasnt offered anything against them other than workrate.

Im caught in 2 minds over this starting 11 or shape tbh.

It wasn’t quite a dead rubber. If we won we would’ve been in poll position for 3rd. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It wasn’t quite a dead rubber. If we won we would’ve been in poll position for 3rd. 

Yeah, i meant in terms of oppositions efforts. I take your point, wrong term.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

For me we have two weak areas. Left side in front of Cochrane(he looked exposed today and didn't cope very well tbh) and without a recognised RB or RWB, we can be hurt on that side too. (Sibbick in the semi looked uncomfortable). 

What options do we have? 

A back 4 of Sibbick, Kent, Rowles and Kingsley? Cochrane in front of Kingsley? 

I hope both players have the games of their lives because we will need them to. Without McKay, without Lowry, who else can play on the left? A back four would allow us to drop Grant for Cochrane. 

I think we could get away with two in the middle. Rangers don't seem to hurt us in there as much as Celtic do. Any two from Beni, Devlin and Hoff. Probably Forrest on the right for his work rate in front of Sibbick. 

Two up front with Tagawa leading the line, but we must play it into space for him. Shanks will need to drop a bit to link play in my view. 

Sounds good to me 👍🏽

Massive game. I just hope we are up for it.

A win puts us very close to them, which is a bit surreal seeing as it doesn’t feel like we’re that great.

Fully expect the game to be re-officiated via the VAR room, but only for Rangers of course.

Edited by liam11

The Mercer Takeover

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Oda

Shankland

Tagawa

Edited by The Mercer Takeover

4 hours ago, sirwalter said:

Venerable they're not! Glasgow Rangers, you let...

:lol: what a weird predictive typo.

Of course that meant to say 'vulnerable'. 

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I will not be going to this game (too late and too far for a midweek game), so my seat will be available. I have never used ticket exchange before, but the website says it only applies to sold-out matches, and following the instructions doesn't allow me to indicate in any way that I won't be there. Are you saying that you can't buy a ticket for your dad because it's a sell-out? 

Hi! The problem for me is that I can't get him a ticket because the club have set a loyalty points requirement of 15 to buy a ticket and he's sitting below that... 

I'd be happy to work out a way to make it possible to get a ticket, it's all a bit weird because of the 15 point requirement... 

Plenty tickets are still available it's just that problem

12 minutes ago, David66k said:

Hi! The problem for me is that I can't get him a ticket because the club have set a loyalty points requirement of 15 to buy a ticket and he's sitting below that... 

I'd be happy to work out a way to make it possible to get a ticket, it's all a bit weird because of the 15 point requirement... 

Plenty tickets are still available it's just that problem

Pathetic from the club to be honest, stopping many hearts fans from grabbing an empty seat. 

Exile fae Main Street

Clark 

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Devlin

Banningme

Hoffman

Cochrane

Shankland

Tagawa

Hearts 4 Rangers 3

Shankland 2 (1 pen)

Tagawa 2

4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Pathetic from the club to be honest, stopping many hearts fans from grabbing an empty seat. 

Making it very difficult to get two tickets, that's for sure! 

Any idea if that figure could come down slightly? 

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

I'll check VAR...

xl41kvyxomm81.jpg.3d82f99c8423072ce01b123c29237601.jpg

This is whats frustrating. You know there is a penalty coming, so we've basically got to score at least 2 goals to win. 

I don't see it. I hate being so pessimistic, but the reality is that we're playing the official every bit as much as we're playing a team with 10x the spending power we have. 

Its a complete ****ing joke. I wish they'd just **** off. 

Devlin if fit, is a must start for me. He helps set the tempo in these games and the best way to play them at Tynecastle is pressing them and not letting them get into a rhythm. 

Similarly I'd start Tagawa if Boyce is out as he has real pace and looks strong, gives them something to worry about in behind.

Collum is Celtics poster boy, so I guess I’d rather have him than Walsh or Beaton. It’s tragic that we are all talking about officials again and sad at that. I really wish we could get refs in from other countries. 

guaranteed he will put us on a few early yellows though.

No free kicks around the box as Travernier is lethal as we know.

we will need some huge performances and tighten up on their wide players.  

I liked the look of Tagawa on the weekend, he looked sharp and hungry for a goal, would be interesting to see him get a start in this one up top beside Shanks. Feel we need that pace up top to get in behind Rangers.

I also feel we need 3 midfielders who will win the ball in the midfield and have legs to come across and cover the wingbacks at points, I would be starting Devlin if he's fit, if not would probably go with Grant in there who to be fair has looked ok in the last few games.

Not a fan of Sibbick but if we don't play him then we are either playing Oda or Forrest as a wingback, which would leave to much space in behind imo.

I would go with,

Clark

Kent Rowles Kingsley

Sibbick Devlin Beni Cochrane

Hoff

Shanks Tagawa

Just stay in the game, don't concede early and don't make any major errors, I think if we can do that we have a chance to take something here.

The players also need told  specifically not to pull a blue jersey especially in our box as the referee and var will be desperate to give them anything, if we can minimilize our mistakes, they are there for the taking as without dodgy pens they really are nothing special.

Watch out for the Olympic diver (cantwell) as well.

Mon the Hearts.

On 02/12/2023 at 22:11, Absolute Scenes said:

It’s a good point, I forget we literally have no one else. Really need to get the finger out for this transfer window and get deals done as early as possible. Right and Left back required

Why do we need a left back. We play several games with 2 left backs on the pitch.

Sort problems out elsewhere and we will have two quality left backs available for one slot. Can't see why would need a 3rd

I am going to catch up with mates and have a couple of pints . I expect nothing on the pitch . Ah well , back to the serious football at the weekend 

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Why do we need a left back. We play several games with 2 left backs on the pitch.

Sort problems out elsewhere and we will have two quality left backs available for one slot. Can't see why would need a 3rd

Because Cochrane is a liability and Kingsley isn’t being played as a left back

Horatio Caine
8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Because Cochrane is a liability and Kingsley isn’t being played as a left back

Ah! So now it's Cochrane's turn to wear the target? Ffs 

A few suggested teams with Tagawa in them, he’ll have to be content with a place on the bench imo. I doubt Boyce will make it. Assuming Vargas is fit he’ll start otherwise it’ll be Oda.

RWB is the problem position, Forrest was poor against St Johnstone, Naisy shifted Oda out of there as soon as he could against Killie and Sibbick struggled in the semi final. No obvious choice imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ah! So now it's Cochrane's turn to wear the target? Ffs 

When you are consistently playing badly then you will get criticism. It’s nobodies turn, it’s just how it is just now. Shankland got it, Kingsley got t, I could go on. Cochrane is not playing well at the monent

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A few suggested teams with Tagawa in them, he’ll have to be content with a place on the bench imo. Assuming Vargas is fit he’ll start otherwise it’ll be Oda.

RWB is the problem position, Forrest was poor against St Johnstone, Naisy shifted Oda out of there as soon as he could against Killie and Sibbick struggled in the semi final. No obvious choice imo. 

Starting Tagawa where rangers don’t know much about him might be a good shout though. We are too predictable against the OF and throwing him in as a wildcard might just do enough 

Clark

Sibbick  Kent   Rowles  Kingsley  Cochrane

Beni  Devlin ( Hoff )

Shankland

Tagawa  Oda ( Vargas )  

Old fashioned counter attack game, secure at the back, get it forward quickly and behind. No chance of this in reality tho, we will stick to the coaching model default, contain and try and nick it late using subs. It's time we were causing the OF problems when they come here, possession will not worry them.

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Starting Tagawa where rangers don’t know much about him might be a good shout though. We are too predictable against the OF and throwing him in as a wildcard might just do enough 

I can see the logic in it but just can't see Naismith doing it. He like Vargas and he'll be first in the queue if Boyce doesn't make it.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I can see the logic in it but just can't see Naismith doing it. He like Vargas and he'll be first in the queue if Boyce doesn't make it.

That’s fair. I like Vargas too, so would be happy to see him start and Tags to come on and rip it up second half

23 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I fancy us to get something out of this. 

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Nieuwenhof

Baningime

Devlin

Cochrane

Shankland

Vargas

1-1. 

Devlin looked a sore one on Saturday.  I;m assuming he's out....  I'd actually maybe go Denholm.  It's him or Grant isn't it.

I'd also be tempted to start Tagawa...

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

When you are consistently playing badly then you will get criticism. It’s nobodies turn, it’s just how it is just now. Shankland got it, Kingsley got t, I could go on. Cochrane is not playing well at the monent

Maybe... and `at the moment` is the crucial phrase here.  Not enough to call him `a liability` - that's harsh to say the least.  Why come away with this sort of stuff when a player's form dips a bit?  Does nothing to help their confidence.

My expectations of this fixture has been knocked in recent times.   We just haven't turned up along with the usual 50/50s against.   I just want to see us compete and the result will be what it will be.  

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

How is that true?  What's so wrong with his game at the moment??  

What were our two best moves in the last two games?  The two that ended with Cochrane having shots on goal due to his penetrating runs, the first of which he also set up starting with a nutmeg.  Who has put the most dangerous balls in to the box in the last couple of games?  Who set up our winner against St Johnstone?

What's been poor?  Danny Armstrong getting past him a bit!? Won't be the first or last, and he made at least one crucial block tackle in a dangerous moment I can think of.

What I would say is he misses McKay.  His inverted runs are perfect for Barrie to pick out.

Brick Tamland

Good feeling about this - I think we will win, Naismith will definitely have the boys up for it and we will go at them right from the start.
They are nothing special, 3-0 to the Hearts unless they get their obligatory penalty then 3-1.  

Only Hearts. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lots of energy would be good, but expect it to be keeping a shape and picking the holes in the middle of their defence, good opportunity for Tagawa here.

Can’t see anything but a comfortable rangers win tbh, I know we have won four on the bounce but I don’t think we look that good. 

hhgh.

We need to change our approach when playing them at home, what we have tried previously has never worked. We need high tempo pressing them all over the pitch. I would swap Grant for Devlin for this one as well, Devlin is made for these types of games and will be far more effective than Grant. This is all on the assumption he is fit after the knock he got at the weekend. Rangers are nothing special and we are more than capable of taking something from the game. We need to be disciplined though and defend properly from the first whistle. We always seem to lose early goals to the OF at home which makes it so tough to get a foothold in the game and puts us on the back foot straight away. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Can’t see anything but a comfortable rangers win tbh, I know we have won four on the bounce but I don’t think we look that good. 

hhgh.

Its a completely different game and style to the other 4. It could have been 5 in a row had we showed a little bit more resilience at Ibrox, so wouldn't be the biggest shock, but we have to play better and believe.

On 02/12/2023 at 18:00, frankblack said:

Guaranteed Penalty to Rangers if we start well.

Which Glasgow officials are lined up for this fixture?

It really doesn't matter who the officials are as they all favour the old firm, fact.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clark,

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Sibbick Cochrane

Baningime Denholm Niuewenhof

Shankland Tagawa.

Assuming Devlin knock will keep him out as will Boyces, with another game on Saturday, probably more important still, we need to have something left in the tank for that one.

Hard week this.