***Heart Of Midlothian Football Club Vs St Johnstone*** Official Match Thread

Masonic

8 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Whether he backed it up or not is totally irrelevant. That's the reasons he gave for leaving Hearts, same as Levein. 

Which you don't have a source for of course.

Anyway enough. Its off topic and extremely boring. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• Luckies1874

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Which you don't have a source for of course.

Anyway enough. Its off topic and extremely boring. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/371202/ex-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-reveals-he-wants-director-of-football-like-craig-levein-at-mk-dons/amp/

“The goal here is not just to take this club to the Championship, but to possibly even go higher than that"

The match on Saturday is being sponsored by the family and friends of lifetime jambo Andy Lovatt (my Dad). He passed away at the end of August this year and many of his friends will be coming along to the match to remember him. 

Andy died at the grand old age of 80 so we'll be applauding him on the 80th minute of the game and we'd be really grateful for anyone else who wants to join in. 

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/371202/ex-hearts-boss-robbie-neilson-reveals-he-wants-director-of-football-like-craig-levein-at-mk-dons/amp/

“The goal here is not just to take this club to the Championship, but to possibly even go higher than that"

:qqb006:

41 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Maybe he thought he was playing Football Manager. 

17 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Has he made any glaring errors? I can't think of any. For me he's done very well since coming in. A decent defence has suddenly looked very suspect without him. He must have been doing something right. Distribution and handling has been very good. 

A defence that was missing our 3 best players and playing in a different formation.

Gunn has done fine, but nothing more than that.

What is clear though is that Zander isn't the long term answer.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

League 1 a higher standard than the Premiership ? Oh my days 

Step back to take a step forward. 

Like it or not, success in League One would get clubs higher up more interested than success in Scotland 

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Like it or not, success in League One would get clubs higher up more interested than success in Scotland 

Would it ? I don’t agree with that. 

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Thats rubbish. 

30 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Alex Neil? 

2 hours ago, Neil Lovatt said:

The match on Saturday is being sponsored by the family and friends of lifetime jambo Andy Lovatt (my Dad). He passed away at the end of August this year and many of his friends will be coming along to the match to remember him. 

Andy died at the grand old age of 80 so we'll be applauding him on the 80th minute of the game and we'd be really grateful for anyone else who wants to join in. 

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

Nice pic and sorry for your loss. Glad you've posted and will certainly join in,be good to know why everyone is clapping,so often it happens and those of us who are not on fb or twitter wonder who it is for.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Yeah. Was back in the squad against Motherwell although he never made it off the bench.

👍🏻 and I share you optimism. We have to play in a style that suits him though.  Quick balls in behind where he can use his pace.

no use asking the lad to hold it up or play deeper.  He needs to make the runs and we need to find him. 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

👍🏻 and I share you optimism. We have to play in a style that suits him though.  Quick balls in behind where he can use his pace.

no use asking the lad to hold it up or play deeper.  He needs to make the runs and we need to find him. 

Yeah I agree, no use signing him if we're not gonna play to his strengths. He still needs to find his feet and he's been unlucky with injuries. When he's back up to speed I think he could be a big asset for us as we need someone who can make those runs and split defences as there's nobody else with those attributes in the squad. To be honest he probably needs someone with the ability and vision of Barrie McKay to link up with. The pair of them could work really well together when fit again.

Just put a brilliant seat on the ticket exchange . As close to bang on the half way line as you will get in the main stand - PR

it will go quick I expect 

kingantti1874

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

RIP and sorry for your loss mate 

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Just put a brilliant seat on the ticket exchange . As close to bang on the half way line as you will get in the main stand - PR

it will go quick I expect 

Poor attempt at subtle marketing. 🧐

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

Rest in peace HHGH

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

❤❤G❤

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

Sorry for your loss mate ❤️

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Poor attempt at subtle marketing. 🧐

It is a cracking seat tbf . Players family section and a few rows above press . It sells itself 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

sorry for your loss mate - all the best

I didn’t know your dad but recognise him - probably seen him countless times over the years at games 

👍

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Hoping to see Tagawa get a run out on Saturday. Still feel optimistic about him.

Yes, I thought that when I saw him the last time against St Johnstone which was actually our first game of the league season.

He has hardly kicked a ball since.

Think this game is going to be a stuffy one. I fully expect Levein will have his team drag us into to the trenches for a tough fight. Expect them to sit tight, and let us have lots of the ball between our own 18yrd box and just inside their 1/2. Going to be tough to break down, will be happy with any sort of win.

38 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Think this game is going to be a stuffy one. I fully expect Levein will have his team drag us into to the trenches for a tough fight. Expect them to sit tight, and let us have lots of the ball between our own 18yrd box and just inside their 1/2. Going to be tough to break down, will be happy with any sort of win.

Smilar to Livvy - patience required. 

1 hour ago, bigdav said:

Nice pic and sorry for your loss. Glad you've posted and will certainly join in,be good to know why everyone is clapping,so often it happens and those of us who are not on fb or twitter wonder who it is for.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I hope you are right.  So far, seen little.  Agree he's useless at holding it up.  Whether he can cause problems in behind, well he clearly has pace.  Whether he can use that pace to cause problems, like Ginnelly could, not seen that from him yet.

6 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

What a load of bollox :rofl:

Could you please remind us how both fared at their ambitious new places of employment. 

That’s not the point.  They took the jobs because of their ambition to coach at the highest level. Both saw the moves as a potential path to managing in the epl. Didn’t work out for either of them but full credit for taking the chance. 

24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s not the point.  They took the jobs because of their ambition to coach at the highest level. Both saw the moves as a potential path to managing in the epl. Didn’t work out for either of them but full credit for taking the chance. 

If that's the truth why has Bob only been able to get a job in a league none of us had even heard of?

For the challenge? That's him showing more ambition again  I suppose.

Just now, Bad Religion said:

If that's the truth why has Bob only been able to get a job in a league none of us had even heard of?

Because after failing in England, clubs down there won't be in a rush to employ him. He's got himself a decent lifestyle now in America, so good luck to him. 

7 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You’re not separating ambition with actual performance, one followed the other. 

Horatio Caine
11 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Is anyone else buzzing for Saturday?

Yup. Feels like ages since the last home match. Form has started to improve too (at last!).

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Neil Lovatt said:

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

What a great way to remember him. I hope the team does their part in giving you all a great day 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What a great way to remember him. I hope the team does their part in giving you all a great day 

Thanks. They’d better he was no fan of Craig Levein (well at the end of his term with us he wasn’t, before that he could do no wrong). 

5 hours ago, Neil Lovatt said:

Many thanks. 

andy.jpg

Tremendous tribute. Hope the team do your dad proud 

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

You don’t know which job offers he knocked back though do you? And you clearly don’t follow a lot of football of you hadn’t heard of US soccer. And even if you had you don’t understand how it works. 

21 minutes ago, Neil Lovatt said:

Thanks. They’d better he was no fan of Craig Levein (well at the end of his term with us he wasn’t, before that he could do no wrong). 

Like most Hearts fans then. Hope Saturday goes the way you want it to👍

7 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

MK Dons in League 1? Really?

The Tampa Bay Rowdies, equally as ambitious I suppose?

Has @Led Tasso coughed up the £50 to Big Hearts yet?! 

Bazzas right boot

Good to know that CL and Bob are still mentally tormenting some posters.

It's a gid laugh.

On topic,  we really need to win this - get some momentum,  points, form and push on.

Cl getting one over "nae clue" will also see  a certain group on jkb combust, we wouldn't want that.

Hearts 4 St Johnstone 1.

Fatty tomato to get another couple.

7 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

I'm sure he did and backed that up getting sacked after 16 games or so in League 1.

At least he's back on track working at the lowest level in America. 

He was at MK Dons for 66 games, not 16.

And the Rowdies aren't in the lowest league, it's the second tier. There are about 5-6 levels below it last I checked (they seem to reorg the whole structure about every 2-3 years). He'll probably be paid a bit higher than at Hearts at the Rowdies. It's a club without much history but it's in a metro area 3.5x the size of Edinburgh's metro area, so the money's better, and if they get one of the next MLS expansion franchises it'll be worth quite a bit more.

Not that I think he'd have ever left Hearts to go to Tampa Bay on his own, mind, but it's a pretty cushy landing spot for him.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good to know that CL and Bob are still mentally tormenting some posters.

It's a gid laugh.

On topic,  we really need to win this - get some momentum,  points, form and push on.

Cl getting one over "nae clue" will also see  a certain group on jkb combust, we wouldn't want that.

Hearts 4 St Johnstone 1.

Fatty tomato to get another couple.

Flecks of pie pastry all over some screens today.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Flecks of pie pastry all over some screens today.

Bobs in florida playing out real life  championship manager and golf in equal measure on a all expenses paid extended holiday  and it's scrambling a few heeds.

Come on a match day thread and Bobs all over it.

Deary me.

When he comes back to manage a soccer team in  Scotchland he'll have a tan to rival McInnes.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

He was at MK Dons for 66 games, not 16.

And the Rowdies aren't in the lowest league, it's the second tier. There are about 5-6 levels below it last I checked (they seem to reorg the whole structure about every 2-3 years). He'll probably be paid a bit higher than at Hearts at the Rowdies. It's a club without much history but it's in a metro area 3.5x the size of Edinburgh's metro area, so the money's better, and if they get one of the next MLS expansion franchises it'll be worth quite a bit more.

Not that I think he'd have ever left Hearts to go to Tampa Bay on his own, mind, but it's a pretty cushy landing spot for him.

But apart from that @Bad Religion was spot on? 😁