• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• Luckies1874

• Star Lizard

Graham Thomson

Good luck to Craig just not against Hearts 😊 superb player and I will never forget beating Hibs 5-1 at Tynecastle.

Booing him is just childish!!! 

Also motivates the opposition.

On 14/11/2023 at 08:52, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t say he’ll come with any grudge or extra determination to beat us. Can’t see why he would feel that way. Hearts have treated him very well throughout his career, looked after him through 2 bad injuries and were very generous with the time given to him in management roles.

He’ll want to win of course, as you would expect. I’d also expect him to be warmly welcomed at the club. If you have an issue with Craig Levein all you had to do was go to the gantry at the back of the Wheatfield for a good few games this season. He’s happy enough to chat to folk and freely accepts he couldn’t get out of the rut but he got us into and time was up, but watch out for his hook if you fancy yourself a bit.

I lost interest in your second paragraph and have no desire to talk to the man.

18 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Hopefully see Oda, player who genuinely excites when he gets the ball 

Will be interesting to see who is available. I think the earliest he could be back from Japan, where he is part of their U22 squad playing a double header v Argentina is Thursday.

Rowles in Australia and Kuwait for WC qualifiers (2nd game is Tuesday) - they won 7-0 this morning but he didn't play.

Hoff in Saudi Arabia for 2 games for Oz U23's, 2nd of which is Tuesday.

Vargas in Costa Rican Panama for Concacaf double header (2nd leg on Monday).

Lowry and Denholm in U21 action, Belgium away Friday and Hungary away Tuesday.

Bazzas right boot

Gotta be 3/3 -See us build some momentum as well as get the  points.

We'd be opening up a gap on Aberdeen and the bottom six  teams and generally be in a decent place.

However If the "loser "does get one over 'Naeclue' then I can only imagine the mess of some on here.

Some will go nuclear.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

Will be interesting to see who is available. I think the earliest he could be back from Japan, where he is part of their U22 squad playing a double header v Argentina is Thursday.

Rowles in Australia and Kuwait for WC qualifiers (2nd game is Tuesday) - they won 7-0 this morning but he didn't play.

You forget these things, depends when they get back and how much game time they have had etc

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Gotta be 3/3 -See us build some momentum as well as get the  points.

We'd be opening up a gap on Aberdeen and the bottom six  teams and generally be in a decent place.

Aberdeen have Rangers at home and Hibs away the following week too which should mean dropped points for them in either/both of those. 

On 16/11/2023 at 14:13, Luckies1874 said:

Enlightening post, cheers

If it all goes wrong  this will be ignored by the anti-Naismith's.

Think will will pull through in a similar game to the win over Livi.

alicante jambo
On 16/11/2023 at 16:08, Luckies1874 said:

Aberdeen have Rangers at home and Hibs away the following week too which should mean dropped points for them in either/both of those. 

So important we get the win with them clowns playing eachother.

i wish jj was my dad
On 14/11/2023 at 13:35, ToadKiller Dog said:

Don't have any hate toward Levein ,he did what he thought was best (nothing he did was out of malice )but failed it was those above him who should have ended it sooner .

Anyway thats in the past ,more important the game .

He will have them up for it , so either St johnstone will give us a game or get sombody sent off .

2 or 3 nil to us but tight until late on .

He should have focused on being the manager or stuck to the DoF role. He couldn't and shouldn't have tried to do both. That was his failure and he knows that himself.

He will have Saints organised. We should beat them but it will be tight. 

On 12/11/2023 at 19:39, Finlay James said:

2-0 Hearts, Cochrane & Rowles.

Oh and anyone who boos Craig Levein is not a Jambo.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

On 16/11/2023 at 14:13, Luckies1874 said:

Interesting.  Hadn't actually realised all of that...

Interesting to see how we deal with all that.  Rowles the only one I think has to play really, the rest could easily start on bench (you'd think Lowry would be fine mind you).

Could be

Clark

Kingsley Kent Rowles 

Forrest Beni Cam Cochrane

Lowry/Boyce

Shanks Tagawa

mainstandjambo
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I sssume some unsold hospitality seats might appear this week. 

Dave, I am sure I read a couple of weeks ago that hospitality had sold out for this game. Could be wrong though

On 14/11/2023 at 08:52, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t say he’ll come with any grudge or extra determination to beat us. Can’t see why he would feel that way. Hearts have treated him very well throughout his career, looked after him through 2 bad injuries and were very generous with the time given to him in management roles.

He’ll want to win of course, as you would expect. I’d also expect him to be warmly welcomed at the club. If you have an issue with Craig Levein all you had to do was go to the gantry at the back of the Wheatfield for a good few games this season. He’s happy enough to chat to folk and freely accepts he couldn’t get out of the rut but he got us into and time was up, but watch out for his hook if you fancy yourself a bit.

You’re saying he admitted he got it wrong to a bunch of Hearts fans whilst standing on the Wheatfield gantry?

I’ve never known Levein to admit he was wrong on anything.

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Baningime

Nieuwenhoff

Cochrane

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

Lowry, Tagawa, Boyce and Devlin are decent subs. We’ve got our squad back

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Clark

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Sibbick

Baningime

Nieuwenhoff

Cochrane

Oda

Shankland

Vargas

Lowry, Tagawa, Boyce and Devlin are decent subs. We’ve got our squad back

How you can want Sibbick to be in the starting 11 is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

How you can want Sibbick to be in the starting 11 is beyond me.

We’ve got three pretty average players to chose from in Sibbick, Offiah and Forrest for right wing back. Toby done well when he came on against Motherwell so he gets the nod

21 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We should never play 3 at the back at home against non old firm teams.

It can be used as a real offensive formation the way we play it when we do it properly.  Our WBs are basically wingers, often highest players up the park.  We have in Rowles and Kingsley, 2 players who step forward and can pick passes.

It's actually very effective in penning teams in.  You have 5 players right up top against their defense, 2 midfileders patrolling then the 3 CHs, only really 2 of them stay back, so you have a 3rd rotational midfielder.

I like it.  The issue is when Robbie played it, it ended up being defensive - Smith at RWB as an example, top guy and player but he only played sideways and backwards, so the whole thing didn't work.

It also allows us to play 2 up front with one behind as the WBs are acting as wingers.

The other issue I see on the horizon is Barrie McKay, I want him hugging the left touchline but that only works in a 442/424/4231 type thingy.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

You’re saying he admitted he got it wrong to a bunch of Hearts fans whilst standing on the Wheatfield gantry?

He admitted it to a room full of Hearts fans in Aberdour during the evening with JC. 

Hopefully have a go at them right from the start, get an early goal and stop them sitting in. Then just try to pick them off when they push forward. I hope to see Lowry in the Boyce role just like against Hibs.  

15 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Hopefully have a go at them right from the start, get an early goal and stop them sitting in. Then just try to pick them off when they push forward. I hope to see Lowry in the Boyce role just like against Hibs.  

Yip that's the big thing in these games.  Had we scored early against Livvy, we'd have tucked them away easy, but if you miss a few chances and it gets to half time, it can get shaky.  We handled it well that day, but that early goal is massive to make it a more comfy afternoon.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I think we can be certain that St Johnstone will be coming to play it tight!!

No bluff then, the double bluff?

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I think he’s said ‘ I tried everything. I couldn’t understand it. I couldn’t make it work. ‘ or a random combination of those things to several media sources. He’s very self depreciating about his latter spell as manager. He knows full well it didn’t work and it was mostly his shortcomings. 

51 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I think he’s said ‘ I tried everything. I couldn’t understand it. I couldn’t make it work. ‘ or a random combination of those things to several media sources. He’s very self depreciating about his latter spell as manager. He knows full well it didn’t work and it was mostly his shortcomings. 

Did he shout that down to you from the Wheatfield gantry? 😉

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He admitted it to a room full of Hearts fans in Aberdour during the evening with JC. 

Must have been pished! 🥴

Going to be a slog I think.  They’ll turn it into a scrappy game and be forcing pressure quickly onto us in the middle of the park.  

Unlike the Livi game, we should be starting with two attack minded CMs and one defensive, not the other way about.  (If Naismith is thinking of playing a central 3). 

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Did he shout that down to you from the Wheatfield gantry? 😉

Just read my post again mate. He chats to randoms all the time from that gantry

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

He has said he shouldn’t have done both jobs, he was hopeless at both so I don’t know how focusing on one would’ve made any difference really? Just an excuse, hopefully he will need some more come Saturday evening. 

Pasquale for King

If we go 532 and match up to them with hardly any pace then we will play right into CLs 541 bore fest template and Stevie May will score a break away winner around the 73rd minute. 
Hopefully not though. 

2-0 hearts. 

with very little attacking threat from the visiting team  

Wont’t be a classic but hearts will have too much quality